PDA

View Full Version : What OL do we expect to make a move next year?

Leroy Jenkins
01-02-2016, 12:47 AM
Is Story progressing? Champion still coming from JC? I heard maybe not.

Jacksondevildog
01-02-2016, 12:50 AM
Latest reports are that Rankin was looking good and is expected to start at one of the tackles next year. He was way behind when he got to campus.

Leroy Jenkins
01-02-2016, 12:54 AM
Without seeing practice it looks like we are short a serviceable Guard and Tackle right now, that's why I ask.

msstate7
01-02-2016, 12:56 AM
Latest reports are that Rankin was looking good and is expected to start at one of the tackles next year. He was way behind when he got to campus.
If rankin takes one tackle spot, why not try the loser between senior/Jenkins at guard in place of desper? You can always move him back in one of the tackles go down

Todd4State
01-02-2016, 01:04 AM
If rankin takes one tackle spot, why not try the loser between senior/Jenkins at guard in place of desper? You can always move him back in one of the tackles go down

I suggested that Senior move to guard and was ridiculed for some footwork reason. I suspect we played a lot of guys out of position last year. Desper looks a lot better at left guard. Jenkins looked good. Who knows about Rankin at this point? Probably won't be any worse than Warren. Clayborn is good and Calhoun looked OK at right guard.

My guess is our line will be slightly better or the same as this year but our QB won't be as mobile as Dak even if he is better and faster as a runner and our running backs will be slightly better with Holloway being the feature guy and Dan running him up the middle too much.

engie
01-02-2016, 01:09 AM
I'd expect a huge jump out of both the RS FR that got a lot of time this year....

Coach34
01-02-2016, 01:09 AM
Actually- Rankin is expected to challenge Jenkins for an OT spot. Nobody within the team at this point expects Rankin to start. It's a battle at this point. Senior is the RT

Todd4State
01-02-2016, 01:12 AM
Actually- Rankin is expected to challenge Jenkins for an OT spot. Nobody within the team at this point expects Rankin to start. It's a battle at this point. Senior is the RT

Then why did Jenkins start over Senior some at the end of the year at RT?

Coach34
01-02-2016, 01:50 AM
Then why did Jenkins start over Senior some at the end of the year at RT?

Jenkins didnt start- Senior was hurt and trying to give it a go- and just couldnt- so Jenkins stepped in for him during the Egg in the 2nd Q