PDA

View Full Version : Starters next year...

HoopsDawg
01-02-2016, 12:07 AM
will look different after spring practice, but here's a good guess:

Offense
WR: Gray, Jr
Slot: Ross, Sr
WR: Brown, Sr
TE: Ju Johnson, So

LT: Rankin, Jr
LG: Desper, Sr
C: Clayborn, Sr
RG: Calhoun, So
RT: Senior, Sr

RB: Holloway, Sr
QB: Fitzgerald, So

[U]Defense[/U

DE: Jefferson, Sr
DT: James, Sr
DT: Adams, Sr
DE: Calvin, Sr

OLB: B. Brown, SR
MLB: R. Brown, SR
OLB: G. Green, So

CB: Cleveland, Sr
CB: Jiles, Sr
S: Coman, Sr
S: Bryant, So

Can't call us a young team next year.

Coursesuper
01-02-2016, 12:21 AM
God forbid we can't find a better guard than Desper. He is one lookout block after another.

Leroy Jenkins
01-02-2016, 12:21 AM
All our WRs are 5'8 - 6'1ish, but I like the ability.
I hope our secondary does not look like your projections. Smitherman should make a move next year and hopefully Jamoral makes a big jump in his 2nd year learning a new position. Those two and Peters must play a lot before we get to the meat of the schedule so they can get game reps for the future.

Lumpy Chucklelips
01-02-2016, 12:22 AM
I'm counting 15 seniors in your lineup. Why are people pointing to 2017 as our best chance to win the west?

It_Could_Happen
01-02-2016, 12:24 AM
No Jenkins on the O Line?

ShotgunDawg
01-02-2016, 12:28 AM
I'm counting 15 seniors in your lineup. Why are people pointing to 2017 as our best chance to win the west?

Because his starting lineup doesn't include some of the more talented players.

defiantdog
01-02-2016, 12:34 AM
You have the wrong Brown at WR and we'll have some freshmen competing for the two deep next year

HoopsDawg
01-02-2016, 12:43 AM
You have the wrong Brown at WR and we'll have some freshmen competing for the two deep next year

Hope so. We'll see.

Todd4State
01-02-2016, 01:17 AM
Because his starting lineup doesn't include some of the more talented players.

And neither will Dan's.

Todd4State
01-02-2016, 01:19 AM
I think you pretty much nailed our lineup next year. Except for Rankin- sounds like we will start Jenkins there.

Coach34
01-02-2016, 01:28 AM

Ya'll do realize Fred Brown is going to get a shot in the NFL right???? He will absolutely be starting on the 1st snap of 2016

Coach34
01-02-2016, 01:29 AM
will look different after spring practice, but here's a good guess:

Offense
WR: Gray, Jr
Slot: Ross, Sr
WR: Brown, Sr
TE: Ju Johnson, So

LT: Rankin, Jr
LG: Desper, Sr
C: Clayborn, Sr
RG: Calhoun, So
RT: Senior, Sr

RB: Holloway, Sr
QB: Fitzgerald, So

[U]Defense[/U

DE: Jefferson, Sr
DT: James, Sr
DT: Adams, Sr
DE: Calvin, Sr

OLB: B. Brown, SR
MLB: R. Brown, SR
OLB: G. Green, So

CB: Cleveland, Sr
CB: Jiles, Sr
S: Coman, Sr
S: Bryant, So

Can't call us a young team next year.

other than Jenkins for Rankin- I cant argue with that at all

It_Could_Happen
01-02-2016, 01:36 AM
other than Jenkins for Rankin- I cant argue with that at all
Coach, do you not think Peters can step in for Coman at safety? I know Kivon got better as the year went on, but I see Peters as more of an SEC talent. And what about smitherman and McLaurin?

Leroy Jenkins
01-02-2016, 01:42 AM
Ya'll do realize Fred Brown is going to get a shot in the NFL right???? He will absolutely be starting on the 1st snap of 2016

How about Jesse Jackson? He was an ESPN 300 guy and a UA All-American before he got hurt.

Coach34
01-02-2016, 01:44 AM
Coach, do you not think Peters can step in for Coman at safety? I know Kivon got better as the year went on, but I see Peters as more of an SEC talent. And what about smitherman and McLaurin?

No- Peters plays more of a LB/SS hybrid- Coman is a 5th year Safety. We arent about to sit him to start someone else.

Smitherman hasnt played 1 down of SEC football- so even if he is the best CB we have- for him to start will take at least 8 games. McLaurin will be on the 2-deep and play alot.

Zach Jackson started 11 games for us in 2015. Anybody thinking we are going to sit a Sr that has been starting has lost their mind

It_Could_Happen
01-02-2016, 01:52 AM
No- Peters plays more of a LB/SS hybrid- Coman is a 5th year Safety. We arent about to sit him to start someone else.

Smitherman hasnt played 1 down of SEC football- so even if he is the best CB we have- for him to start will take at least 8 games. McLaurin will be on the 2-deep and play alot.

Zach Jackson started 11 games for us in 2015. Anybody thinking we are going to sit a Sr that has been starting has lost their mind

I thought Jackson quit?

It_Could_Happen
01-02-2016, 01:53 AM

Also agree with
You on this one. Think Brown has been extremely underrated since he stepped on campus.

Coach34
01-02-2016, 01:55 AM
I thought Jackson quit?

He did- because he wasnt going to start Game 12. He should have never started 1 game for us