PDA

View Full Version : LSU DC

Really Clark?
01-01-2016, 11:58 PM
They have hired Wisconsin DC Aranda

Mutt the Hoople
01-02-2016, 12:02 AM
A Big 10 defensive coordinator? That sounds so much like what Dinardo did when the wheels fell off for him.

Leroy Jenkins
01-02-2016, 12:04 AM
With the talent they have anybody could be the DC. Guess Ed O will never get that position.

engie
01-02-2016, 12:06 AM
They have hired Wisconsin DC Aranda

Damn, he's really good. Big upgrade over Steele.

engie
01-02-2016, 12:11 AM
With the talent they have anybody could be the DC. Guess Ed O will never get that position.

Of course he won't. Not starting out in the SEC anyway. Because as was argued to no end on the front end -- being able to recruit does not remotely qualify someone for being able to call a defense on the highest level of college football. Playcalling and adjusting is an art. I never understood the disconnect with this. Our fanbase apparently didn't even recognize it when it slapped them in the face in the Orange Bowl last year.

PendingTransaction
01-02-2016, 12:23 AM
I've been studying Aranda. I think LSU has made a great hire. With their talent and Aranda's scheme...wow!

Todd4State
01-02-2016, 01:15 AM
I've been studying Aranda. I think LSU has made a great hire. With their talent and Aranda's scheme...wow!

I agree. They upgraded at DC.

ScottH
01-02-2016, 01:28 AM
I don't recall all the SEC DC hires the last few years but this may be the best one of the bunch.

Really Clark?
01-02-2016, 01:49 AM
Damn, he's really good. Big upgrade over Steele.

I think so as well. Surprised they got him this quick and wished Steele had accepted their offer to stay. At least it looks like Auburn may be on the edge of falling off even more or at least staying where they are next year.

djaymsu5
01-02-2016, 05:54 AM

They offered it to Ed O and he said he didn't want it.

Political Hack
01-02-2016, 09:50 AM
Of course he won't. Not starting out in the SEC anyway. Because as was argued to no end on the front end -- being able to recruit does not remotely qualify someone for being able to call a defense on the highest level of college football. Playcalling and adjusting is an art. I never understood the disconnect with this. Our fanbase apparently didn't even recognize it when it slapped them in the face in the Orange Bowl last year.

You mean the lack of play calling and adjustments if you're talking about the orange bowl last year. We didn't make a single adjustment the entire game.

engie
01-02-2016, 10:37 AM
You mean the lack of play calling and adjustments if you're talking about the orange bowl last year. We didn't make a single adjustment the entire game.

The one where we decided a couple of recruiters/position coaches could call a defense -- yes that one. Yet we hadn't even lost that one yet and everyone wanted to make a DL coach our DC because he could recruit.

Really Clark?
01-02-2016, 11:06 AM
They offered it to Ed O and he said he didn't want it.

Didn't see that reported anywhere and he was not listed as possible candidate by any insider. Seriously doubt he was offered.