PDA

View Full Version : Coach or someone else posted that Ole Miss has not had a HS QB recruit of theirs

Saltydog
08-06-2013, 02:55 PM
to start a game since 2005, or something like that. Can someone give me a little clarification on this?

Coach34
08-06-2013, 03:04 PM
2012- Wallace....juco transfer
2011- Mackey and Stoudt- both transfers
2010- Masoli....transfer
2009- Snead...transfer
2008- Snead....transfer
2007- Schaeffer and Adams- juco transfers
2006- Schaeffer - juco transfer
2005- Spurlock- last HS QB to start for OM

Saltydog
08-06-2013, 03:07 PM
nt

Coach34
08-06-2013, 03:13 PM
He may have started a game- but he was replaced quickly and didnt end up as the starting QB. Masoli took over and it was obvious he was brought in to be the guy

Jack Lambert
08-06-2013, 09:38 PM
If I remember right you posted this several years ago on six pack. I thought it was ridiculous of them then and I still do now. I like mullen's way of doing things. Sign Highschool QB's and make them do their time until they are JR's then they get their chance. This is how you build a program plus what kind of impresssions are you giving HighSchool QB's that you are trying to sign. "If I sign with you and two years in are you going to sign a JUCO QB?" That's the question I would be asking if I was a Highschool QB and it's something I hope our staff brings up to recruits.

Todd4State
08-06-2013, 10:38 PM
If I remember right you posted this several years ago on six pack. I thought it was ridiculous of them then and I still do now. I like mullen's way of doing things. Sign Highschool QB's and make them do their time until they are JR's then they get their chance. This is how you build a program plus what kind of impresssions are you giving HighSchool QB's that you are trying to sign. "If I sign with you and two years in are you going to sign a JUCO QB?" That's the question I would be asking if I was a Highschool QB and it's something I hope our staff brings up to recruits.

I think it has affected their recruiting. Buchanan is a legacy. Kincaide is a good athelte, but he more than likely ends up as Michael Spurlock 2.0. I'm guessing they are going to use Anthony Alford as the QB when Wallace leaves? Of course- another transfer.

deltadawg99
08-06-2013, 10:44 PM
I could be wrong, but I think Nathan Stanley may have started against Jacksonville State. That is the only game I can remember him possibly starting.

deepikarai
08-07-2013, 01:42 AM
No deltadawg99 you are right. Even I have heard the same thing and I remember that only one thing.

Political Hack
08-07-2013, 06:24 AM
I think CDM is just starting the guy that gives the team the best chance to win, which up until be has been an upperclassman. He's not afraid to play or even start young guys (Tebow, BMac, Bump, Sherrod, etc...).

Despite all the moaning and groaning about our QB recruiting up until this year, we've had a pretty good balance on the field.