Thought he, engram, adeboyejo, and Conner already said they were coming back

ShotgunDawg
01-01-2016, 09:53 PM

The other 3 have. Not sure we've heard from Kelly

Todd4State
01-01-2016, 09:54 PM

So did Bear last week. Sometimes people tell people what they want to hear.

msstate7
01-01-2016, 09:56 PM
Conner was listed as the #5 safety in the draft. He's an idiot if he doesn't declare... 1 knee injury already. 1 more and he has no nfl future

Todd4State
01-01-2016, 10:00 PM
Conner was listed as the #5 safety in the draft. He's an idiot if he doesn't declare... 1 knee injury already. 1 more and he has no nfl future

He has the Batesville factor to deal with.

MafiaDawg
01-01-2016, 10:13 PM
Unfortunately our 2 maybes will leave but all their maybes will stay. Come on Dan.

ShotgunDawg
01-01-2016, 10:18 PM
Unfortunately our 2 maybes will leave but all their maybes will stay. Come on Dan.

Agree. It seems like Freeze would've talked Bear & Josh Robinson into staying.

Jacksondevildog
01-01-2016, 10:18 PM

This.

BankerDog
01-01-2016, 10:19 PM

Y'all should pay up then or shut up. Y'all wanna be like Ole Misd but don't wanna do what is done to do it. So again I'll say it..pay up or shut up.

ShotgunDawg
01-01-2016, 10:20 PM
Is this true?

Michael Detillier ‏@MikeDetillier 1m1 minute ago
Mississippi St WR. De'Runnya Wilson says he is coming out early for 2015 draft. My 7th rated WR/2nd round projection

msstate7
01-01-2016, 10:23 PM

Is the "batesville factor" gonna support him and his family if he blows his knee? Kid better read up on Marcus lattimore

msstate7
01-01-2016, 10:25 PM
Is this true?

Michael Detillier ‏@MikeDetillier 1m1 minute ago
Mississippi St WR. De'Runnya Wilson says he is coming out early for 2015 draft. My 7th rated WR/2nd round projection

If bear is a 2nd round pick, he should go.

We call our players family, but many of us turn on them when they don't do what we selfishly want... It's ridiculous.

MafiaDawg
01-01-2016, 10:26 PM
Y'all should pay up then or shut up. Y'all wanna be like Ole Misd but don't wanna do what is done to do it. So again I'll say it..pay up or shut up.

This is so stupid on so many levels. I'd love to. Unfortunately we have no organization what so ever. And the people who are supposed to be playing the game aren't.

Political Hack
01-01-2016, 10:28 PM
I think he'll be drafted in a good slot, but I don't know if he'll be successful in the NFL. He certainly has the arm strength but he misses bad on a lot of passes and throws a lot of INTs. Hard to clear that up when you're facing NFL DBs. He'd be better off taking a year to correct those issues. He'll lose his best WR and probably his TE too IMO.

Todd4State
01-01-2016, 10:28 PM
Is the "batesville factor" gonna support him and his family if he blows his knee? Kid better read up on Marcus lattimore

It's complicated.

Jack Lambert
01-01-2016, 10:29 PM

You mean more like pay for Bear and Robinson to stay.

Todd4State
01-01-2016, 10:30 PM

If I had the financial resources I would. That's the only thing stopping me.

OurState
01-01-2016, 10:30 PM

The real problem is they ****ed up his operation and have to redo it. He won't be ready for the combine.

Todd4State
01-01-2016, 10:31 PM

That's bullshit. Get back to me when Freeze talks Treadwell or Tunsil into staying.

BankerDog
01-01-2016, 10:32 PM
[QUOTE=MafiaDawg;478351]This is so stupid on so many levels. I'd love to. Unfortunately we have no organization what so ever. And the people who are supposed to be playing the game aren't.[/QUOTE

Stupid? Engram's roommate and best friend is Buchanan. His grandfather's name is on the side of the business school. The reason these boys aren't coming out isn't because they love school, they got a pay raise. You want our guys to come back? Pay up. All I'm saying.

Saltydog
01-01-2016, 10:32 PM
nt

MafiaDawg
01-01-2016, 10:34 PM
That's bullshit. Get back to me when Freeze talks Treadwell or Tunsil into staying.

Those are sure fire, not maybes. The key is getting the 50/50s to stay.

And I promise you engram isn't making NFL money next year in college as cute as it is to say.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-01-2016, 10:34 PM
He's better than Shea will ever be....

Todd4State
01-01-2016, 10:35 PM
[QUOTE=MafiaDawg;478351]This is so stupid on so many levels. I'd love to. Unfortunately we have no organization what so ever. And the people who are supposed to be playing the game aren't.[/QUOTE

Stupid? Engram's roommate and best friend is Buchanan. His grandfather's name is on the side of the business school. The reason these boys aren't coming out isn't because they love school, they got a pay raise. You want our guys to come back? Pay up. All I'm saying.

And all we're saying is why are the people that can pay not paying?

defiantdog
01-01-2016, 10:36 PM
Unckle Jim will see to it.
The guy has like 9 uncles. You think uncle Jim even keeps up with him?

Todd4State
01-01-2016, 10:37 PM

And I promise you engram isn't making NFL money next year in college as cute as it is to say.

I've always seen Bear and Chris Jones as sure fire guys to leave too. That might be the disconnect.

defiantdog
01-01-2016, 10:38 PM

You're all about people giving money blindly.

Todd4State

Wasn't he at one of his games this year?

msstate7

If you make an nfl PRACTICE squad, you can't make less than $6,600 a week. That's practice squad... Om players aren't getting that much a week in school imo

MafiaDawg
01-01-2016, 10:40 PM
I've always seen Bear and Chris Jones as sure fire guys to leave too. That might be the disconnect.

Guess so. Imo (and dans) sure fire is round 1 and nothing less.

Coach007
01-01-2016, 10:41 PM

Yep and stated he would be working with him over the summer

defiantdog
01-01-2016, 10:42 PM
I seriously doubt that..... They aren't too close.

msstate7
01-01-2016, 10:43 PM

Didn't they interview him at the Memphis game?

Coach007
01-01-2016, 10:45 PM

Lmao.... Man you don't pay attention. Jim Kelly has been at a lot of games. He also was invited to the booth with the announcers....live.... On TV...... And stated he would be working with his nephew in the off season. Also said some slighted comments on how the were using kelly

Coach007

Yes

Todd4State

I think I saw it on TV.

defiantdog
01-01-2016, 10:46 PM
It must be a new revelation by Jim, because he didnt care for Chad in his Clemson days.

msstate7
01-01-2016, 10:48 PM
It must be a new revelation by Jim, because he didnt care for Chad in his Clemson days.

That was before Chad got saved by freezus

Todd4State
01-01-2016, 10:49 PM

Who knows but maybe Chad's Mom got a hold of Jim to mentor him or whatever?

BankerDog
01-01-2016, 10:51 PM
[QUOTE=BankerDog;478372]

And all we're saying is why are the people that can pay not paying?

Your complaining about guys who paying about not paying enough. But exactly how much are you throwing out?

defiantdog
01-01-2016, 10:52 PM
[QUOTE=Todd4State;478382]

Your complaining about guys who paying about not paying enough. But exactly how much are you throwing out?
Give it up dude..... The money is there. Trust me

IMissJack
01-01-2016, 10:56 PM

Maybe it was because Jim was dealing with cancer at the time. I doubt football was number one at that time.

Leroy Jenkins
01-01-2016, 10:57 PM

Yeah he probably doesn't even know him***

https://www.instagram.com/p/88gTiJgPNX/

Jim has said that he will work with MGK after the season on 3,5,7 step drops because they dont do it in the freeze system. Jim said "do what they want you to now, when this is over we will work on NFL stuff." Jim was critical of the rev for the bubble screens and not pushing the ball down the field w/ MGKs arm. Jim said he just didn't understand the offensive approach rev was taking by not using MGKs abilities more.

ETA: Right on que they put Jim's mug on TV and I am vindicated.

Jack Lambert
01-01-2016, 10:58 PM

Don't forget about the free drugs and sex.

Bothrops
01-01-2016, 11:01 PM

This

Todd4State
01-01-2016, 11:03 PM
[QUOTE=Todd4State;478382]

I already told you I'm not paying because I don't have enough money. Maybe you should direct this at the people that do.

Todd4State
01-01-2016, 11:05 PM
Jim has said that he will work with MGK after the season on 3,5,7 step drops because they dont do it in the freeze system. Jim said "do what they want you to now, when this is over we will work on NFL stuff." Jim was critical of the rev for the bubble screens and not pushing the ball down the field w/ MGKs arm. Jim said he just didn't understand the offensive approach rev was taking by not using MGKs abilities more.

If that's true, Jim will probably encourage him to go pro.

Boya
01-01-2016, 11:07 PM

Another one...just saying if y'all are paying attention

Leroy Jenkins
01-01-2016, 11:08 PM
If that's true, Jim will probably encourage him to go pro.

What do you mean if its true? He said it on national TV.

Jacksondevildog
01-01-2016, 11:08 PM
Every attorney they have will be giving money to Kelly to convince him to come back if they catch wind that he is on the fence about declaring.

Todd4State
01-01-2016, 11:11 PM
What do you mean if its true? He said it on national TV.

I don't doubt it but I didn't see it personally. Comments like that from Jim Kelly have got to make a guy like Patterson wonder...

Leroy Jenkins
01-01-2016, 11:19 PM
Buffalo newspaper interview yesterday....

Kelly and those close to him have predicted he’ll return to Ole Miss for his senior season. But family and friends also wonder if a blockbuster performance in the Superdome will encourage the St. Joe’s grad to enter the next NFL Draft.

“If he has a spectacular game ...” said his father, Kevin Kelly, mulling whether to finish the sentence during a recent interview at the family’s Wheatfield home. “There’s so many NFL teams that need quarterbacks."

ShotgunDawg
01-01-2016, 11:52 PM

This could be correct.

Chad has been lights out this year & he's faster & has a stronger arm than Patterson.

Patterson may be good for longer, but I doubt his best days are as good as Chad's

ShotgunDawg
01-01-2016, 11:54 PM
I don't doubt it but I didn't see it personally. Comments like that from Jim Kelly have got to make a guy like Patterson wonder...

Mission accomplished.

From a talent standpoint, I'd take Kelly over Connor Cook. He has a better arm & is a better athlete. All Cook does better is height.

I think Chad is a 2nd round talent, but would likely go in the 3rd or 4th, due to makeup concerns.

SunCoastDog
01-02-2016, 12:58 AM
Why would he declare? For 3rd round money, he would probably be taking a pay cut.

engie
01-02-2016, 01:08 AM
Why would he declare? For 3rd round money, he would probably be taking a pay cut.

OM is paying him a million dollars a year? 3rd round money is $600-800k guaranteed first year on a $2.8-$3.4 mil 4 year deal...

Todd4State
01-02-2016, 01:09 AM

Why wouldn't he? He loses his top WR, most of his o-line, and top back plus their defense won't be as good and they have a more difficult schedule. Not to mention his NFL uncle doesn't sound like the biggest fan of Freeze's offense.

I doubt Ole Miss has a season as good as this season. Ask Jevean Snead about the risks of coming back for his senior year.

engie
01-02-2016, 01:11 AM
Ask Jevean Snead about the risks of coming back for his senior year.

Come again? Snead left early -- and went undrafted.

Todd4State
01-02-2016, 01:13 AM
Come again? Snead left early -- and went undrafted.

Oh- I thought he stayed for his senior year. I thought I remember talk about him leaving after his first year at Ole Miss?

Dallas_Dawg
01-02-2016, 01:18 AM
You people that post on the message boards about committing recruiting violations are stupid and need their internet privileges revoked.
There's a time and a place to talk about such and this ain't the place to do it. Think before you post

Todd4State
01-02-2016, 01:20 AM
You people that post on the message boards about committing recruiting violations are stupid and need their internet privileges revoked.
There's a time and a place to talk about such and this ain't the place to do it. Think before you post

OK Mom.

engie
01-02-2016, 01:28 AM
Oh- I thought he stayed for his senior year. I thought I remember talk about him leaving after his first year at Ole Miss?

He was a draft eligible soph that season. He redshirted his "sit out" year under Ogre after transferring in from Texas. He should have left that first year before he became so mental.

MaroomerMill
01-02-2016, 02:41 AM
Just think if he would have held it together at Clemson he would potentially be playing in a national championship game next week

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-02-2016, 07:24 AM

On what evidence do you base this claim? I've been upset with Mullen, but this is some stinkin BS.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-02-2016, 07:27 AM
Yeah he probably doesn't even know him***

https://www.instagram.com/p/88gTiJgPNX/

ETA: Right on que they put Jim's mug on TV and I am vindicated.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/ole-miss-football/jim-kelly-grades-chad-kelly/

HSVDawg
01-02-2016, 08:04 AM
Kelly is a curious case for sure. As far as talent, he has all the tools. So if he submits the paperwork to be evaluated, it's all a matter of how much the scouts dock him for the previous off the field incidents. I'm not sure if that even comes into play in their evaluations. Only other thing that might go against him is that Playstation offense that Freeze runs doesn't really translate to the NFL, so I don't think his ability to read defenses and go through progressions has really been tested at all.

ILOATHEBears
01-02-2016, 08:11 AM

Mother Hughresa can heal broken family relationships

RougeDawg
01-02-2016, 08:19 AM
Two threads and every bankerdog post alludes to one thing, yet no one has caught on and put him on the short ban list. Go back and read how intimate his posts are of the best players.

msstate7
01-02-2016, 09:18 AM
Two threads and every bankerdog post alludes to one thing, yet no one has caught on and put him on the short ban list. Go back and read how intimate his posts are of the best players.

He isn't a troll

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-02-2016, 09:30 AM
I'm not sure if that even comes into play in their evaluations.

It's a big deal, especially those that are going to be signing large contracts. They have talent scouts and they have others that do intense background checks on these guys. They talk to the player's coaches, they want to know about their family and social life, and everything in between. Just like some universities, there are certain teams that will ignore some "incidents" more than others.

Political Hack
01-02-2016, 09:34 AM
Kelly showed last night that he has the tools to play at the next level and to do it well, but his decision making and ability to break down a coverage isn't NFL level. He needs more time. I hope he goes so we don't have to see him again. He's good. He's just not ready for the NFL IMO.

HSVDawg
01-02-2016, 09:59 AM
Kelly showed last night that he has the tools to play at the next level and to do it well, but his decision making and ability to break down a coverage isn't NFL level. He needs more time. I hope he goes so we don't have to see him again. He's good. He's just not ready for the NFL IMO.

I agree but I don't think he's gonna have an opportunity to showcase improvement in any of those areas in Freeze's offense. That offense is a one read then straight to checkdown offense that is designed to get the ball out as quickly as possible. So, he may consider leaving if he thinks his stock won't get any higher next year.

HSVDawg
01-02-2016, 10:05 AM
It's a big deal, especially those that are going to be signing large contracts. They have talent scouts and they have others that do intense background checks on these guys. They talk to the player's coaches, they want to know about their family and social life, and everything in between. Just like some universities, there are certain teams that will ignore some "incidents" more than others.

Maybe I should have rephrased what I said. I know it could affect his eventual draft position, but when the scouts give him his initial grade for draftability I doubt it comes into play. They are only looking at the talent aspect. And that is what he will use to judge whether he should stay or go. Besides, we are talking about the NFL here where both Cam Newton and Jameis freaking Winston were number one picks. I highly doubt that Kelly's past is going to affect him that much if it didn't affect those two.

shannondawg
01-02-2016, 10:27 AM
From the way he and Freezes was hugging , I thought he was Jim's daddy.

Buffalo newspaper interview yesterday....

Kelly and those close to him have predicted he?ll return to Ole Miss for his senior season. But family and friends also wonder if a blockbuster performance in the Superdome will encourage the St. Joe?s grad to enter the next NFL Draft.

?If he has a spectacular game ...? said his father, Kevin Kelly, mulling whether to finish the sentence during a recent interview at the family?s Wheatfield home. ?There?s so many NFL teams that need quarterbacks."

I seen it dawg
01-02-2016, 11:05 AM
Jim Kelly carries a lot of voice in NFL circles for obvious reasons. If they decide to get graded Jim will over inflate his ability to take drop backs and read defenses predicated on him working with Jim in the off season. Strong arm and mobility will win out and someone will over draft him. Happens every year the NFL personnel people can't stand themselves. He's an idiot if he doesn't get the hell out of there on the same bus as all those other assholes.

JoseBrown
01-02-2016, 11:20 AM
Jim Kelly carries a lot of voice in NFL circles for obvious reasons. If they decide to get graded Jim will over inflate his ability to take drop backs and read defenses predicated on him working with Jim in the off season. Strong arm and mobility will win out and someone will over draft him. Happens every year the NFL personnel people can't stand themselves. He's an idiot if he doesn't get the hell out of there on the same bus as all those other assholes.

That's exactly right. Who knows what they'll have next year, but it definitely won't consist of a large number of players they have now. I think same as with Bear in the Belk, last night was MGK's initial tape and audition for scouts. If impressive he gone. I think he impressed. He should be gone, we'll see what he does..

Schultzy
01-02-2016, 12:17 PM
Snead stayed behind after Blindside and the rest of that good offensive line left and it cost him a pro career, this looks like the same situation with this guy. I bet you're right about uncle Jim too.

Dallas_Dawg
01-02-2016, 04:23 PM
OK Mom.
Ok Band Nerd, I wasn't really talking to you cause you said you couldn't afford to do it. But if you do come into a pile of money, don't come to ED or SPS and post about it or even refer to it,
It makes people feel important and needed but it also throws up red flags that aren't hard to connect. I'm sure some nafoomer can figure out who you are pretty damn quick. Don't be naive and get caught.
Just because you have cash and duffel bags doesn't mean you know how to get away with doing anything.

ScoobaDawg
01-02-2016, 04:56 PM
Ok Band Nerd, I wasn't really talking to you cause you said you couldn't afford to do it. But if you do come into a pile of money, don't come to ED or SPS and post about it or even refer to it,
It makes people feel important and needed but it also throws up red flags that aren't hard to connect. I'm sure some nafoomer can figure out who you are pretty damn quick. Don't be naive and get caught.
Just because you have cash and duffel bags doesn't mean you know how to get away with doing anything.

Exactly...I dont care if its handing off $100 handshakes or a duffel bag in the trunk, you shouldn't be talking about that crap on the boards. the majority of us aren't gonna play that game just like all fanbases, and the ones who will.. need to be organized and talk about it somewhere in public and not bragging about it...

Spiderman
01-02-2016, 06:21 PM
Unckle Jim will see to it.

Nope, Unk said in a Buffalo paper article that he needs to stay and is not ready

Spiderman
01-02-2016, 06:29 PM

Did yall seriously not see jim Kelly in the stands last night going nuts dressed out in Ole Miss swag head to toe, pounding bourbon?

They kept a camera in his face most of the 3rd quarter. After Thug's big run he gave the double piont and a YEAH BABY!! into the camera from a foot away

Skydawg1
01-02-2016, 06:37 PM
Did yall seriously not see jim Kelly in the stands last night going nuts dressed out in Ole Miss swag head to toe, pounding bourbon?

They kept a camera in his face most of the 3rd quarter. After Thug's big run he gave the double piont and a YEAH BABY!! into the camera from a foot away

Kent Hull must be spinning in his grave.