PDA

View Full Version : NOW Manziel is F'd...

engie
08-06-2013, 01:52 PM
https://twitter.com/schadjoe

Got an actual broker saying HE paid Manziel... with audio tape of Manziel soliciting extra cash for inscriptions...

Gonna be REAL hard to wiggle out of this one if the story stands up...

Bullmutt
08-06-2013, 02:00 PM
Kinda changes the complexion of things in the SEC West, if true.

I seen it dawg
08-06-2013, 02:01 PM
**** him I hope he frys. He is a spoiled brat that thinks the world owes him something because he is a good football player. I bet his buddy hooked it all up and prob is as much to blame but this asshole thinks he is "above the law" and that he can do whatever he wants whenever he wants. Burn bitch.

hometowndawg
08-06-2013, 02:02 PM
Canadian Football League just called...

engie
08-06-2013, 02:04 PM
And Will James starts to look like an aTm prophet -- again...

bocfarm
08-06-2013, 02:05 PM
Bama now has one big game to guarantee the 3-peat

WeWonItAll(Most)
08-06-2013, 02:06 PM
**** him I hope he frys. He is a spoiled brat that thinks the world owes him something because he is a good football player. I bet his buddy hooked it all up and prob is as much to blame but this asshole thinks he is "above the law" and that he can do whatever he wants whenever he wants. Burn bitch.
He's just a 20 year old kid being 20 though!!!!!!!******

I seen it dawg
08-06-2013, 02:09 PM
And he and his diddy will somehow blame A&M and their selfishness for all of it

engie
08-06-2013, 02:12 PM
Full article just hit. Broker says he does not intend to cooperate with NCAA. This is the 3rd broker to make allegations against Manziel, but it doesn't look like any of the 3 are going to cooperate with the investigation even though they are giving Joe Schad a MOUNTAIN of evidence.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/9544137/broker-says-johnny-manziel-took-7500-autographing-helmets?src=mobile

Already getting tired of this story... have a feeling it is JUST beginning... Wish they'd just suspend him and be done with it.

Rick Danko
08-06-2013, 02:13 PM
how long before a&m declares him suspended I wonder.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-06-2013, 02:16 PM
Either someone stepped in shit or that's the smell of jealousy in this thread. JFF gets blasted for being "spoiled" or a jerk, yet Jeremy Hill assaults someone from behind and there isn't hardly a word. Talk about a double standard!!

SignalToNoise
08-06-2013, 02:19 PM
Full article just hit. Broker says he does not intend to cooperate with NCAA. This is the 3rd broker to make allegations against Manziel, but it doesn't look like any of the 3 are going to cooperate with the investigation even though they are giving Joe Schad a MOUNTAIN of evidence.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/9544137/broker-says-johnny-manziel-took-7500-autographing-helmets?src=mobile

Already getting tired of this story... have a feeling it is JUST beginning... Wish they'd just suspend him and be done with it.

Need the legal experts to weigh in-- if these guys refuse to cooperate can NCAA persue legal action to make them?

The Croom Diaries
08-06-2013, 02:21 PM
Either someone stepped in shit or that's the smell of jealousy in this thread. JFF gets blasted for being "spoiled" or a jerk, yet Jeremy Hill assaults someone from behind and there isn't hardly a word. Talk about a double standard!!

A double standard would be condoning Hill while blasting Manziel. Of course the Heisman winner will be talked about more.

I seen it dawg
08-06-2013, 02:21 PM
Jeremy Hill is a damn thug. Karma is already catching his sorry ass. He is going Cecil Collins route. He is a damn criminal and its totally different. Also...he isnt the damn returning Heisman winner.

WeWonItAll(Most)
08-06-2013, 02:22 PM
Assault is cut and dry. Nothing to argue about, nothing to discuss.

I seen it dawg
08-06-2013, 02:22 PM
Need the legal experts to weigh in-- if these guys refuse to cooperate can NCAA persue legal action to make them?

I would think that no "law" was broken, except for taxes that I can see.

engie
08-06-2013, 02:23 PM
A double standard would be condoning Hill while blasting Manziel. Of course the Heisman winner will be talked about more.

Exactly. LSU keeping/losing Hill is not the difference in their season. aTm's season and momentum revolve around Manziel. It could fall apart quickly without him...

bocfarm
08-06-2013, 02:23 PM

Its heresay at that point...can't hold him to it if no one gives a statement and has proof

The Croom Diaries
08-06-2013, 02:27 PM

Sometimes I wonder if Shaad's "sources" really exist. Didn't he once say he had tapes of Cam Newton saying the money at Auburn was too much? How easy is it to claim you have all these unidentified people coming to you but they won't reveal themselves or talk to the NCAA? What does this broker benefit from telling Joe Shaad? Is Shaad paying him? That would be stupid because he could just make this story up completely without paying anyone. Unless the videos mentioned will really get Manziel into trouble, where is this leading other than just creating more smoke? Sometimes I wonder if these stories aren't fabricated or embellished to create a bunch of smoke so whoever has the real info will give it up since supposedly everyone else involved is.

bocfarm
08-06-2013, 02:30 PM
Sometimes I wonder if Shaad's "sources" really exist. Didn't he once say he had tapes of Cam Newton saying the money at Auburn was too much? How easy is it to claim you have all these unidentified people coming to you but they won't reveal themselves or talk to the NCAA? What does this broker benefit from telling Joe Shaad? Is Shaad paying him? That would be stupid because he could just make this story up completely without paying anyone. Unless the videos mentioned will really get Manziel into trouble, where is this leading other than just creating more smoke? Sometimes I wonder if these stories aren't fabricated or embellished to create a bunch of smoke so whoever has the real info will give it up since supposedly everyone else involved is.

He's like the national inquirer of espn

Squidawg11
08-06-2013, 02:34 PM
Its heresay at that point...can't hold him to it if no one gives a statement and has proof

On top of that, the NCAA does not have subpoena power. Therefore, they cannot force them to testify. Also, not sure what the burden of proof is concerning NCAA proceedings. For this question you need someone well versed in NCAA bylaws.

I seen it dawg
08-06-2013, 02:35 PM
On top of that, the NCAA does not have subpoena power. Therefore, they cannot force them to testify. Also, not sure what the burden of proof is concerning NCAA proceedings. For this question you need someone well versed in NCAA bylaws.

Call Bracky....oh wait

Irondawg
08-06-2013, 02:38 PM
But we know well from Sidney and such the NCAA doesn't require proof. What a mess. Every time this kind of stuff happens the NCAA just comes off looking worse and worse.

msstate7
08-06-2013, 02:39 PM

While they can't force him to testify, couldn't they just rule him ineligible until he did?

Squidawg11
08-06-2013, 02:44 PM
I was referring to the memorabilia dealers. Sorry, I should have made that clearer. I have no idea. If they can they have a TON of leverage.

Squidawg11
08-06-2013, 02:45 PM
While they can't force him to testify, couldn't they just rule him ineligible until he did?

I was referring to the memorabilia dealers. Sorry, I should have made that clearer. I have no idea. If they can they have a TON of leverage.

The Croom Diaries
08-06-2013, 02:52 PM
But we know well from Sidney and such the NCAA doesn't require proof. What a mess. Every time this kind of stuff happens the NCAA just comes off looking worse and worse.

Can't wait to see how the NCAA will botch this one (unless Bracky's next of kin works in the Aggie compliance dept) /grabs popcorn

Squidawg11
08-06-2013, 02:55 PM
Can't wait to see how the NCAA will botch this one (unless Bracky's next of kin works in the Aggie compliance dept) /grabs popcorn

I will be looking for a legal job in 2 years and I would love to work in Starkville:cool:

engie
08-06-2013, 02:56 PM
The NCAA can rule him ineligible and say "we think you are guilty, now prove you are innocent." At least, that's what they did with Sidney.

Of course, Bracky isn't running aTm's compliance -- so it should be interesting to see**

FlabLoser
08-06-2013, 02:57 PM
The big loser in all this is the fan. Johnny F is the most exciting QB I've ever seen. And CFB probably won't see him again,

bocfarm
08-06-2013, 02:57 PM

If that's the case I'm calling Schad right now to tell him I payed RN, Treadwell and Bo Wallace for autographs, I wont give an official statement to the ncaa and have no proof but trust me it happened :)

So no, unfortunately it doesn't work that way. A&M could suspend him and probably should until they get to the bottom of it.

CJDAWG85
08-06-2013, 03:01 PM
Scam Newton pt. 2

Nothing will come of this... You give the NCAA everything they need to punish someone and they are too ignorant to know what to do with it.

Original48
08-06-2013, 03:05 PM
how long before a&m declares him suspended I wonder.
From what I understand having been through this before, we go to bed, Johnny F is suspended, we wake up, Johnny F has been reinstated, then Mike Slive tells us the A&M/Alabama game is still on!!! Then we wipe our eyes and say..huh?

Vandownbytheriver
08-06-2013, 03:06 PM
High profile SEC qb who has a shot at the Heisman and National Title being caught on tape talking about accepting money. Sounds familiar. I think it will be just like Cam. He's too important for ratings, thus money trumps NCAA rulings.

Will James
08-06-2013, 03:25 PM
And Will James starts to look like an aTm prophet -- again...

Dont doubt my crystal balls

Pollodawg
08-06-2013, 03:34 PM
Nothing will come of this. I just have that feeling.

Homedawg
08-06-2013, 03:34 PM
He's like the national inquirer of espn

Ask him if Mullen likes it in State College? Oh yea he didn't go. I forgot.

FlabLoser
08-06-2013, 03:37 PM
This whole thing is fishy. Why does the broker have Johnny F on tape? I say the broker is a Bama plant. Maybe LSU. Maybe even a Bear.

engie
08-06-2013, 03:44 PM
This whole thing is fishy. Why does the broker have Johnny F on tape? I say the broker is a Bama plant. Maybe LSU. Maybe even a Bear.

Authentication that he actually signed the memorabilia...

Homedawg
08-06-2013, 03:54 PM
I agree that where there is smoke there is fire. However, if these goons won't speak it means nothing.

Ronny
08-06-2013, 03:56 PM
..was pulling this shit @ Miss. State the MSU compliance dept. would have already kicked Johnny Showboat off the football team as a way to appease the NCAA, and curtail further NCAA investigation.

Notice Texas A&M compliance is saying & doing nothing concerning this.

They are waiting for the NCAA to chime in.

Texas A&M has the money & political power to take the NCAA head-on, hence minimize the damage.

If this punk was pulling this shit in Starkville, his career would be over.

But since he is pulling it aTm, he will start vs. Bama.

FlabLoser
08-06-2013, 04:02 PM

There are public notaries for that. He can't sell signatures with a video clip of JF signing stuff.

msstate7
08-06-2013, 04:13 PM

Extortion maybe?

Esmerelda Villalobos
08-06-2013, 04:17 PM
I wonder how auburn fans are reacting

fishwater99
08-06-2013, 04:44 PM
Nothing will happen unless they have evidence of him accepting the cash. No one is cooperating with the NCAA, so nothing will come of it..

engie
08-06-2013, 05:58 PM
There are public notaries for that. He can't sell signatures with a video clip of JF signing stuff.

Just go read the actual article -- it explains it all in depth.

It was as a supplement to the certification company essentially making their job alot easier.

Political Hack
08-06-2013, 06:07 PM

the NCAA is a club. They are not a legal organization and have absolutely zero authority over anyone that doesnot volunteer to participate in their scheme. If you violate an NCAA by-law, you've broken a "rule." It's no different than a country club banning you from their golf course because you did something they didnt like.

Dallas_Dawg
08-06-2013, 06:11 PM

This is what I was thinking. Bammer I would bet.
Think about it, other than a rival school, who has anything to gain by telling on JFF? A broker wanting negative pub? No...
And, didn't one of the exchanges happen in T-Town?

I seen it dawg
08-06-2013, 06:24 PM
This ain't no damn conspiracy. He signed shit. He got paid. Brokers are smart enough to not cooperate so they won't be blackballed by the players they make money off of. They can shoot their mouth of but if they don't cooperate to NCAA nothing happens. Unless AM takes action internally.

FlabLoser
08-06-2013, 08:14 PM
I wonder how auburn fans are reacting

With laughter.

SignalToNoise
08-06-2013, 08:39 PM

Its very common to have a photo or video of the individual signing items. It makes it easier for the for 3rd parties that verify the authenticity of the signatures.

SignalToNoise
08-06-2013, 08:46 PM
Good explanation, hack. If the NCAA is a private club, then how much proof do they need to accuse you of breaking a by-law? This isn't a trial by jury. If the NCAA wanted to it sounds like they could just tell Manziel he is guilty based on what what Joe Schad is saying.

I guess I'm confused because on one hand we say the NCAA works like a country club; on the other hand, we act like this is being handled in a court of law and they must bring forth mountains of proof and convince a jury that Manziel took some form of payment. There is likely a by-law or series of by-laws that specify what type of evidence is required to suspend a player, but there are probably just a handful of people that know them all off the top of their head.

Either way,wWe've seen enough bullshit over the years to know they can suspend him if they want, smoking gun or not. Just have to see how it plays out.

Jack Lambert
08-06-2013, 09:20 PM
He's just a 20 year old kid being 20 though!!!!!!!******

Yep that 17 year old over in Afganistan is just a 17 year old being a 17 year old. That excuse don't work for me. It is time he grows up and start acting like a man.

Political Hack
08-06-2013, 09:24 PM
Good explanation, hack. If the NCAA is a private club, then how much proof do they need to accuse you of breaking a by-law? This isn't a trial by jury. If the NCAA wanted to it sounds like they could just tell Manziel he is guilty based on what what Joe Schad is saying.

I guess I'm confused because on one hand we say the NCAA works like a country club; on the other hand, we act like this is being handled in a court of law and they must bring forth mountains of proof and convince a jury that Manziel took some form of payment. There is likely a by-law or series of by-laws that specify what type of evidence is required to suspend a player, but there are probably just a handful of people that know them all off the top of their head.

Either way,wWe've seen enough bullshit over the years to know they can suspend him if they want, smoking gun or not. Just have to see how it plays out.

zero proof needed if A&M's compliance department agrees to it. If they don't, the NCAA risks getting sued for publishing a report with false findings. Of course, this would take a compliance department with some guts and savvy.

TUSK
08-07-2013, 07:08 AM

We ain't taking a chance this year.