PDA

View Full Version : Opinion on uniforms- Feelings on gray pants

Goldendawg
01-01-2016, 05:27 PM
I am 60 years of age and have gone to state games since 1964, family season ticket holders since the early 70's. This thread may come across as old fashioned or out of touch with what today's players like, but how to you guys like our use of gray pants? My two best friends are UM fans(yes, that can happen, they never pull for us and I never pull for them under any circumstances and we both know and like it that way). They both mentioned our use of gray pants just copies them, but of course they don't own the color combination. I don't like our use of them either. I never liked the MState logo, but have gotten somewhat used to it. They had a "M" first and then we put a banner across the M and use it. Yes, I liked the interlocking MSu but hear Nike won't let us use it. The first time I saw the gray pants I thought UM and still do. I think however the design with its twin striped would look great with either our maroon, white or even the latest black jerseys( yes, I like the black and my 14 yr old son has all three). I really like our maroon and white jerseys and the design(reminds me of the JWS days). Which way to go? Traditional colors or doesn't matter long as we win and the players like all the variations? I think their M and our MState adds to the confusion of our programs in other areas of the country, gray pants usage doesn't help. JMHO. Don't like the oversized MState outlined on any of our pants.

basedog
01-01-2016, 05:34 PM
Uniforms don't bother me. As for as TSUN who cares what they think of our uniforms. Hell they copied our white pants! GTHOM.

Todd4State
01-01-2016, 05:35 PM
I like the gray pants. I still think our primary uniforms should be maroon jerseys and white pants with maroon helmets. But I think the gray pants have a place in our scheme. I like all maroon for homecoming. I liked our black uniform as well. Primary on the road should be white jerseys, white pants, and maroon helmets but I am OK with maroon pants and gray pants on the road as well.

Biggest two things I didn't like the past season were the white helmets and no Egg Bowl uniform.

Dawgface
01-01-2016, 05:39 PM
Im 61 and like the gray pants, even black units have grown on me. Will never like white helmets though.

coastratdog
01-01-2016, 05:49 PM
Like the grey pants. Hate the pants with the big M on the leg. Either all white or grey with stripes. Never, ever white helmets. Not crazy about the matte finish either.

Goldendawg
01-01-2016, 05:50 PM
Thanks for the input. How could I forget white helmets. I despise them except maybe to practice in to save our maroon ones!

ScottH
01-01-2016, 05:52 PM
Really like the grey.

Would like a white and maybe maroon version.

I despise the giant "m" currently in use on the pant leg.

Goldendawg
01-01-2016, 05:57 PM
I agree. Would like the gray design in white and maroon. Get rid of that oversized, crooked giant MState outline on all pants.

Dawgowar
01-01-2016, 05:57 PM
53 years-old, provided we never go plaid, head to cleat gold lame, or open butt chaps - I simply don't care. Whatever lands the recruits and motivates the players. I do wish we would dump the all whites with white helmets because bad things happen with them. Bad, bad things.

trob115
01-01-2016, 06:07 PM
I love the gray pants. I too hate the giant Mstate on our pants. I really like the black uniform this year and also think that the white helmets shouldn't be worn again, especially at home. The matte maroon helmet is my personal favorite.

All of that being said, I am for want ever the recruits want.

War Machine Dawg
01-01-2016, 06:24 PM
Love the gray pants and I'm a younger fan, i.e. early 30s. Also loved the black uniforms. Not a fan of matte and white helmets, although the white helmets we wore this season were the best since the ones we wore under JWS. The giant MState on the pants doesn't really bother me. I've just accepted we're stuck with the M-banner and whining about it isn't changing it (Thanks, LT!). I do wish we'd use the shiny maroon bulldog face helmets we wore a couple of years ago once a season, as I thought they were sharp.

Worth noting, the fans were able to vote for our uni combination for the Belk Bowl and chose grey pants. So apparently they're a big hit amongst the fans in general. If it were up to me, we'd stick with our current jersey and grey pants at home, maybe rotate the white pants. All white and maroon helmet on the road. Blackout game once a year, game chosen by the seniors.

Bothrops
01-01-2016, 07:14 PM
The unis we wore in Belk Bowl are as original the MSU as anything. We copied no one.