PDA

View Full Version : Bowl attendance question:

Jacksondevildog
01-01-2016, 05:09 PM
I am reading where Iowa has around 60k in Pasadena. Why did we only take around 15k to Miami? I was there, but I went alone. People can talk about being disappointed by losing the egg bowl, but if we ever were to play in the rose bowl, would we only take around 10k fans?

Goldendawg
01-01-2016, 05:46 PM
Love State, but a long way to both. My opinion, way too many bowls now. Agree a little with Saben. Playoff has created 4 "winners" and 76 "also rans". "Watching the Rose Bowl now and could care less. Don't like Brent M. calling any game and he's sure trying to hype "The Granddaddy of Them All". Only game I watched all the way thru so far was ours. Love sports but even fell asleep during Alabama game. Boy Iowa is looking great, as did Florida and several others. Oh well, can switch to the History Channel until the UNM game. I will watch all of that one for a State Fan's second favorite team Oklahoma State, even though I read the thread that this is the worst rated Sugar Bowl in its history. I expect fans in the seats to fall more in the future with this bloated bowl system. If the playoff system works for college divisions below us, why is it too much for D1? Make all the bowls mean something more in a true playoff system.

Bothrops
01-01-2016, 07:00 PM
If we ever went to the Rose Bowl, I'd bet we'd bring at least 20k. It would be a one time event for us..like never before, never again type of event. People would understand that I think.

Johnson85
01-01-2016, 09:48 PM
I am reading where Iowa has around 60k in Pasadena. Why did we only take around 15k to Miami? I was there, but I went alone. People can talk about being disappointed by losing the egg bowl, but if we ever were to play in the rose bowl, would we only take around 10k fans?

Did we really only take 15k to orange bowl? I went and one problem is that by the time the game time was announced, the fights were limited. But still, only 15k to a BCS bowl seems low. But the stadium in Miami wasn't that big. We may not have had 25k tickets available through the school after sponsor tickets were accounted for

Jacksondevildog
01-01-2016, 09:50 PM
The stadium in Miami holds 80,000.

Did we really only take 15k to orange bowl? I went and one problem is that by the time the game time was announced, the fights were limited. But still, only 15k to a BCS bowl seems low. But the stadium in Miami wasn't that big. We may not have had 25k tickets available through the school after sponsor tickets were accounted for

Johnson85
01-01-2016, 10:07 PM
The stadium in Miami holds 80,000.

Then the 15k number is definitely wrong. The stadium was more than half full and the crowneasnabout 50% msu. We must have taken more like 25k. The 15k I guess could maybe be the number of state fans that bought through the bulldog club, although I would think even that is low.

Apoplectic
01-01-2016, 10:10 PM

I was there and GT maybe had 15 - we doubled their numbers. I never buy from the school as do most intelligent people. The belk bowl is the first bowl i've been to where we were outnumbered.

ShotgunDawg
01-01-2016, 10:14 PM
One reason is that most Big 10 schools are far larger institutions than MSU or most SEC schools. Furthermore, they also tend to have more national fan bases than most SEC schools, other than Bama.

Many people from the Big 10 region move to Arizona, Florida, & Southern California for warmer temps, whereas most SEC alumni either stay in the state they are from or live in Dallas, Atlanta, or Birmingham.

Offshore Dawg
01-01-2016, 10:43 PM

Didn't you get the memo " Dawgs are to poor to travel out of the state of Mississippi ".

Jack Lambert
01-01-2016, 10:49 PM
Didn't you get the memo " Dawgs are to poor to travel out of the state of Mississippi ".

20 dollars and a change of underwear.