PDA

View Full Version : I love the way fans pour-mouth their juniors

Mutt the Hoople
01-01-2016, 12:03 PM
it's not just THE Mississippi State University. We'll brag on how much better OUR players are than any others at a position (for example, there was some arguments here about Bear vs. LaQuon).

However, when it comes to declaring for their senior year, all of a sudden "he needs to work on his first step", or "he needs to improve his touch-passes", or "needs to how to handle a double-team", like they're freshman high schoolers barely able to walk and chew gum at the same time.

Bear has shown that he's a fearsome blocker, and that'll get him on an NFL roster on just that alone. All the finer points, he now gets to work on full-time with a Receivers coach who isn't going to be splitting time between coaching him and recruiting.

We'd love to see Chris Jones come back, but you can't coach 6'6", 300 pounds, who's agile. Heck, Tommy Kelly was able to play in the league over 11 seasons simply on being a physical specimen...and no accomplishments whatsoever.

I say- LET the Juniors go to the League, then brag to our recruits that "we put players in the NFL".

MafiaDawg
01-01-2016, 12:07 PM
Chris Jones should go to the NFL. He doesn't have anything else to really work on. That's not the situation for Bear. All situations are unique. No one is bad mouthing the player, just the decision.

BrunswickDawg
01-01-2016, 12:10 PM
And a number of people have been saying since the day they signed Derunnya and CJ were 3 and done players. Hate it for the team next year, but it is good in terms of program development. "Come here and be in the league in 3".

maroonmania
01-01-2016, 12:16 PM
Pretty simple for me, and I don't base it on a "skills they should work on" type philosophy. If any player besides a RB is projected to be a first round pick they should go otherwise they should finish school unless they come from a family that is in true financial hardship. A RB should go if projected in the top 2-3 rounds as a junior just because of the higher risk of injury and the shortest NFL shelf life.

Jack Lambert
01-01-2016, 12:18 PM
it's not just THE Mississippi State University. We'll brag on how much better OUR players are than any others at a position (for example, there was some arguments here about Bear vs. LaQuon).

However, when it comes to declaring for their senior year, all of a sudden "he needs to work on his first step", or "he needs to improve his touch-passes", or "needs to how to handle a double-team", like they're freshman high schoolers barely able to walk and chew gum at the same time.

Bear has shown that he's a fearsome blocker, and that'll get him on an NFL roster on just that alone. All the finer points, he now gets to work on full-time with a Receivers coach who isn't going to be splitting time between coaching him and recruiting.

We'd love to see Chris Jones come back, but you can't coach 6'6", 300 pounds, who's agile. Heck, Tommy Kelly was able to play in the league over 11 seasons simply on being a physical specimen...and no accomplishments whatsoever.

I say- LET the Juniors go to the League, then brag to our recruits that "we put players in the NFL".

this a forum to voice opionions and everyone wants those Jr's to come back for thier Sr's year and they are trying to give thier reasons in hopes those Jr's hear them.

OurState
01-01-2016, 12:20 PM
this a forum to voice opionions and everyone wants those Jr's to come back for thier Sr's year and they are trying to give thier reasons in hopes those Jr's hear them.

With all respect, if you think things we type here influence players life decisions you may be inflating your significance.

Reason2succeed
01-01-2016, 12:21 PM
Anyone acting surprised that Bear left early for the NFL hasn't been paying attention or is just thinking selfish.

Dawg61
01-01-2016, 12:43 PM
Anyone acting surprised that Bear left early for the NFL hasn't been paying attention or is just thinking selfish.

It isn't selfish to point out that he is costing himself millions by leaving this year. If he wants to maximize the amount of money he'll make in the NFL for his career he needs to come back. He isn't ready.

maroonmania
01-01-2016, 12:48 PM
It isn't selfish to point out that he is costing himself millions by leaving this year. If he wants to maximize the amount of money he'll make in the NFL for his career he needs to come back. He isn't ready.

Problem is that nobody can definitively say that. Nobody knows if he came back whether he would improve his stock, stay the same, get injured or even potentially lower his stock. I mean the one thing we do know is that he would not have Dak as his QB so how he would work with the next QB is a total unknown.

sleepy dawg
01-01-2016, 01:01 PM
Problem is that nobody can definitively say that. Nobody knows if he came back whether he would improve his stock, stay the same, get injured or even potentially lower his stock. I mean the one thing we do know is that he would not have Dak as his QB so how he would work with the next QB is a total unknown.

Agreed. I don't see his stock going up much by staying and playing for a clear drop in QB to get him the ball. Now he can go pro, potentially end up on a really good team.

Political Hack
01-01-2016, 01:17 PM
Bear doesn't extend his hands to catch the ball, which essentially makes him a 6'1" slow possession reveiver. I love him. He's great in college. He's going to struggle in the NFL and I worry that he won't make a roster for more than a year or two.

He should've come back and put in a hard summer extending his hands to the ball and learning how to high point the ball. He could've been a Kelvin Benjamin by next year.