01-01-2016, 10:51 AM
according to his Instagram account

msstate7
01-01-2016, 10:53 AM
Sucks... Good luck, bear.

Hey aj, you want that spot?

Coach34
01-01-2016, 10:55 AM
I figured. He was adamant before the season. Was hoping the staff had pulled off a miracle to convince him with the draft being deep. Best of luck to him

Political Hack
01-01-2016, 11:06 AM
I think it's a poor decision, but obviously wish him all the success in the world. He's a special player and if he can go to work on a few small things he could be a good WR in the NFL.

CadaverDawg
01-01-2016, 11:07 AM
I think it's a poor decision, but obviously wish him all the success in the world. He's a special player and if he can go to work on a few small things he could be a good WR in the NFL.

I agree

Dawg61
01-01-2016, 11:10 AM
He's making a mistake and the agent telling him to go is an asshole.

HSVDawg
01-01-2016, 11:24 AM
He's making a mistake and the agent telling him to go is an asshole.

The dude has two kids. Don't act like it's all about him listening to a sketchy agent. I think that might play into his decision quite a bit.

MafiaDawg
01-01-2016, 11:26 AM
The NFL is not the place to "work on a few small things". His catch radius is so small when he doesn't use his hands. They will chew you up and spit you out with that. Small windows and bigger hits that knock the ball loose with body catches, especially lacking speed. He needs another college year. But oh well, ask j rob how the practice squad is. I wish him the best but sucks seeing stupid decisions made.

Dawg61
01-01-2016, 11:32 AM
The dude has two kids. Don't act like it's all about him listening to a sketchy agent. I think that might play into his decision quite a bit.

Great. He'll earn a lot more money by waiting one year for those kids. He's making an expensive mistake.

MetEdDawg
01-01-2016, 11:38 AM
He's an NFL WR and will be a 3 or a 4 next year. Might be a 2 if he gets drafted by a really bad team with no WRs. But if he stayed another year under Gonzales, he probably gets drafted 2nd round and is a sure fire starter for someone.

It's amazing how family situations for 20-21 year old kids are affecting draft status now. Kids with bad home lives or children of their own are leaving more and more regardless of NFL projections. Just the chance at even a little money makes them make these kinds of decisions. Even with a new QB next year, I think the pros significantly outweigh the cons for Bear to stay. But he will get drafted and probably get some PT, so he's going to go.

I wish him the best but I hate how much these home lives and situations are now playing significant roles in kids decisions to go pro. I think it was Darvin Adams from Auburn back in 2010 or 2011 that went early as a junior when his draft grade was 6th round. But he had like 3 or 4 kids and went anyways.

I seen it dawg
01-01-2016, 11:39 AM
He's not gonna get any better or used in any more attractive way by staying here. He needs to go.

msstate7
01-01-2016, 11:41 AM
He's going and us bad talking him isn't bringing him back... Wish the kid good luck and move on. Hopefully bear leaving locks aj in here

PassInterference
01-01-2016, 11:42 AM
He might be the least experienced WR to ever go into the draft. He has only played since his Sr year of high school.

I also think he could make himself a LOT more money by working on his game another year. He would benefit by getting better here instead of getting better on a practice squad. There is no draft for practice squad players. Right now he's not even the best receiver on our team. He needs to use his body to shield defenders and high point the ball. Have we ever thrown it high to him so he can out-jump people? If we have, he hasn't out-jumped anybody. He is a great WR that is still far below his ceiling.

He is screwing up big time by not staying to develop his game. He's a 3rd-4th round guy now that could work up to a 1st-2nd round guy if he stays.

I think he's got a great NFL career ahead of him if he can survive long enough to develop.

By leaving early, he is leaving half his money on the table and risking that his NFL careers ends before it could really begin.

Bothrops
01-01-2016, 11:43 AM
It's definitely a setback to the offense. We need AJ to sign with us something terrible.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-01-2016, 11:45 AM
Hate to lose him but totally understand. I'll never knock a kid for trying to provide for his family. If you've never been in those shoes it's easy to question & 2nd guess what a kid should or shouldn't do. On the bright side, AJ your #1 jersey is available now. Coach34 AJ will start next year.

MafiaDawg
01-01-2016, 11:47 AM
He's not gonna get any better or used in any more attractive way by staying here. He needs to go.

Did dak not get better? You don't think Bear could learn to use his hands to catch more in the offseason? That statement assumes that a 20 year old with 4 years of football experience ever has topped out. Sigh.

Reason2succeed
01-01-2016, 11:48 AM
Good for him. I wish him the best. If you want to see guys stay them support the legalization of paying players because this guy has mouths to feed. He can't risk playing with an inexperienced QB or the risk of injury.

Personally, I think Leonard Fournette should shut it down and not play next year. He's already done enough to make it in and the only thing he can gain is a NC or Heisman which probably isn't under his control next year anyway.

Mutt the Hoople
01-01-2016, 11:51 AM
Even if he's a late round pick, he'll be making a few hundred thousand more than if he stayed around here for the free room, board, tuition, and books.

defiantdog
01-01-2016, 11:55 AM
He might be the least experienced WR to ever go into the draft. He has only played since his Sr year of high school.

I also think he could make himself a LOT more money by working on his game another year. He would benefit by getting better here instead of getting better on a practice squad. There is no draft for practice squad players. Right now he's not even the best receiver on our team. He needs to use his body to shield defenders and high point the ball. Have we ever thrown it high to him so he can out-jump people? If we have, he hasn't out-jumped anybody. He is a great WR that is still far below his ceiling.

He is screwing up big time by not staying to develop his game. He's a 3rd-4th round guy now that could work up to a 1st-2nd round guy if he stays.

I think he's got a great NFL career ahead of him if he can survive long enough to develop.

By leaving early, he is leaving half his money on the table and risking that his NFL careers ends before it could really begin.

Darren Fells and Antonio Gates are tight ends, but they've done well in the NFL for having no previous experience. Bear wasn't up for the college career, he'll do well if he keeps his head in the game.

MafiaDawg
01-01-2016, 11:56 AM
Even if he's a late round pick, he'll be making a few hundred thousand more than if he stayed around here for the free room, board, tuition, and books.

While true, the difference between a 6th and 2nd round selection is a lot more than a few hundred thousand dollars. But yes it would take an additional year. It's a shortsighted decision.

OurState
01-01-2016, 11:59 AM

I don't disagree but he is a physical freak and could really do well at the combine.

Coach007
01-01-2016, 12:06 PM
It's definitely a setback to the offense. We need AJ to sign with us something terrible.

No it's not a set back!

maroonmania
01-01-2016, 12:22 PM
Well apparently his decision is made so I wish him all the best. It would be great to have an MSU WR doing well in the NFL for sure to attract more high level WRs to our program.

Jack Lambert
01-01-2016, 12:27 PM

The saints had a hot dog vender from the super dome make the squad years ago.

EAVdog
01-01-2016, 12:28 PM
Good for him. He's a physical freak that some team is going to take a gamble on regardless if he's polished product or not. Time for AJ Brown to step in and start the cycle over.

Churning out NFL players is good for the program.

Jack Lambert
01-01-2016, 12:28 PM
While true, the difference between a 6th and 2nd round selection is a lot more than a few hundred thousand dollars. But yes it would take an additional year. It's a shortsighted decision.

Also the rookie contract limits what he can make as well.

Dawg61
01-01-2016, 12:37 PM
Someone drop him a bag to stay. Ole Miss can pay for signees why can't we pay for players not to go pro? We can not afford to lose players early to the draft if our entire recruiting strategy is to sign overlooked athletes that we develop. This trend of 2-3* players Mullen has developed that are leaving after their junior years has got to stop. They need to stay through their senior years.

mic
01-01-2016, 12:42 PM
Congrats to Bear... And best of luck to him...

confucius say
01-01-2016, 12:48 PM

Agreed.

bulldawg28
01-01-2016, 12:50 PM
It opens the door for someone new.

sorrydog
01-01-2016, 12:54 PM
Good luck Bear and thanks for your efforts over the last 3 years.
Since he's gone, I'm feeling pretty good about Fred and AJ!!!!

sleepy dawg
01-01-2016, 12:56 PM

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-jPsCQQHw1Zo/UWtlVWQSTVI/AAAAAAAAAF0/WUOg-kkIwdU/s1600/jackie-chan-wtf-face-meme-i9.jpg

Coach34
01-01-2016, 01:06 PM
He's going to be a 3rd or 4th round pick based on potential alone. He will make 600-750K in the NFL next year. Its hard for me to say he is making the wrong decision. Coming back has risks as well as upside.

Dawg61
01-01-2016, 01:17 PM
No ****ing way he is a 3rd or 4th round pick. He is too slow. The combine is going to crush his stock. That is if he gets invited to the combine. Bear was a nobody coming out. We signed him and let him play two sports. We played him as a true freshman. He's gotten the ball thrown his way time and time again. He needs to help Mullen and MSU now and play his senior year. We aren't Bama. We don't sign 5* studs that leave after their junior year and still have 6 other 5* guys behind him. We need all of our players to play through their senior years. 3* nobodies that MSU and Mullen developed into NFL talents need to reward Mullen and MSU by staying through their senior year. Try being a 3* and going to Ole Miss and lets see if you're good enough to leave early then.

Coach34
01-01-2016, 01:19 PM
No ****ing way he is a 3rd or 4th round pick. He is too slow. The combine is going to crush his stock. That is if he gets invited to the combine. Bear was a nobody coming out. We signed him and let him play two sports. We played him as a true freshman. He's gotten the ball thrown his way time and time again. He needs to help Mullen and MSU now and play his senior year. We aren't Bama. We don't sign 5* studs that leave after their junior year and still have 6 other 5* guys behind him. We need all of our players to play through their senior years. 3* nobodies that MSU and Mullen developed into NFL talents need to reward Mullen and MSU by staying through their senior year. Try being a 3* and going to Ole Miss and lets see if you're good enough to leave early then.

One mock had him in the 2nd round before the season started.

He is going to be used on the inside in pro ball in kind of a Gronk role. He is going to be a guy that works the middle of the field. I'll be surprised if he makes it out of the 3rd- but no way he doesnt get drafted by the 4th

Coach34
01-01-2016, 01:22 PM
http://withthefirstpick.com/2015/08/07/2016-nfl-draft-early-look-at-mississippi-states-derunnya-wilson/

Coach34
01-01-2016, 01:25 PM
http://nflmocks.com/2015/11/23/2016-nfl-draft-scouting-report-derunnya-wilson-wr-mississippi-state/

5 weeks ago- 3rd-4th round projection- just as I said

Coach34
01-01-2016, 01:27 PM
http://walterfootball.com/draft2016WR.php

12th rated WR in the draft

Dawg61
01-01-2016, 01:31 PM
http://nflmocks.com/2015/11/23/2016-nfl-draft-scouting-report-derunnya-wilson-wr-mississippi-state/

5 weeks ago- 3rd-4th round projection- just as I said

They had the NFL combine already? His stock is going to plummet after his 40 time. Bear runs like a TE and blocks like a TE. He even catches the ball like a TE. Unfortunately he is a WR not a TE. He doesn't however run like a WR or jump like a WR. He is a very skinny NFL TE.

Dawg61
01-01-2016, 01:33 PM
One mock had him in the 2nd round before the season started.

He is going to be used on the inside in pro ball in kind of a Gronk role. He is going to be a guy that works the middle of the field. I'll be surprised if he makes it out of the 3rd- but no way he doesnt get drafted by the 4th

Bear will get the snot knocked out of him at his current weight playing the middle of the field in the NFL as some type of hybrid WR/TE. How much money is he going to make when he has to retire from concussions?

Coach34
01-01-2016, 01:34 PM
They had the NFL combine already? His stock is going to plummet after his 40 time. Bear runs like a TE and blocks like a TE. He even catches the ball like a TE. Unfortunately he is a WR not a TE. He doesn't however run like a WR or jump like a WR. He is a very skinny NFL TE.

He is a match-up nightmare in the slot for safeties and LB's. He will likely be a 3rd round pick and make lots of money next year instead of playing SEC football. From there- its on him to work on his craft

msstate7
01-01-2016, 01:34 PM

If the combine (speed) is gonna kill bear, what would coming back do to change it?

NCDawg
01-01-2016, 01:38 PM
If the combine (speed) is gonna kill bear, what would coming back do to change it?

Good point, probably not much.

Coach34
01-01-2016, 01:39 PM

exactly

And what 61 doesnt understand- is that these guys have been timed by various scouts already at practice during pro days and such. They have a good idea already of what these guys can do- thats why your better mock drafts are able to make projections on these guys.

Dawg61
01-01-2016, 01:44 PM
Mullen and MSU developed these guys. They would not have the option to go pro anywhere else just about. They need to understand this and pay it back to Mullen and MSU by staying their senior years. We finally get to the point of the pay off for signing 3* nobodies and taking the time and effort to develop them into NFL talents and they just peace out on us before paying back. **** that!! Bear Wilson you need to stay your senior year. You OWE it to Mullen and MSU. Auburn or Vanderbilt gonna have you good enough to leave your junior year? Absolutely no chance in hell.

Dawg61
01-01-2016, 01:46 PM

I think Bear needs to put on 20 lbs and have Mullen feature him as a WR/TE hybrid. Line him up all over the field. That is where Bear's future is at. He is already an NFL blocker.

chef dixon
01-01-2016, 01:48 PM
This is the nature of the beast. No need to take it personally and get upset about it. Excited to see who steps up next. We need Donald Gray to start getting more involved and have AJ Brown step in day 1.

Coach34
01-01-2016, 01:50 PM
Mullen and MSU developed these guys. They would not have the option to go pro anywhere else just about. They need to understand this and pay it back to Mullen and MSU by staying their senior years. We finally get to the point of the pay off for signing 3* nobodies and taking the time and effort to develop them into NFL talents and they just peace out on us before paying back. **** that!! Bear Wilson you need to stay your senior year. You OWE it to Mullen and MSU. Auburn or Vanderbilt gonna have you good enough to leave your junior year? Absolutely no chance in hell.

Wow

Bucky Dog
01-01-2016, 01:53 PM
The NFL is not the place to "work on a few small things". His catch radius is so small when he doesn't use his hands. They will chew you up and spit you out with that. Small windows and bigger hits that knock the ball loose with body catches, especially lacking speed. He needs another college year. But oh well, ask j rob how the practice squad is. I wish him the best but sucks seeing stupid decisions made.

This exactly was the assessment and Mullen told him he would be a 4th rounder this year and another year and improvement on the above would get him to a second round lick or higher. Kids or not, they will be taken care of for another year and the money would be much greater.
With that said, I hope he improves fast and has a great career.

SheltonChoked
01-01-2016, 01:54 PM
I hate to see Bear leave, but to say it's "a little money" is being misleading. The NFL minimum is $420,000 for making the 53-man roster and $107,000 for the practice squad. If he can make that, great for him. Could he make more if he stays for a year? Maybe. But if he needs work, why not go and get paid to do it. Get coached every day. All year.

I'd love to keep him but having guys in the pros helps us.

Dawg61
01-01-2016, 01:55 PM
Wow

Nobody else in college football has Bear able to go pro after his junior year but Mullen.

SheltonChoked
01-01-2016, 01:57 PM
More than he would being a coach. Or any other job out of school.

Dawg61
01-01-2016, 01:58 PM
This is the nature of the beast. No need to take it personally and get upset about it. Excited to see who steps up next. We need Donald Gray to start getting more involved and have AJ Brown step in day 1.

Im not taking it personally but I am upset about it. I was upset at JRob too. Without Mullen featuring these players in his offense they would have no shot in hell to leave early anywhere else. We can not afford to lose juniors when our entire recruiting strategy is to take the overlooked athletes and develop them.

smootness
01-01-2016, 02:00 PM
Im not taking it personally but I am upset about it. I was upset at JRob too. Without Mullen featuring these players in his offense they would have no shot in hell to leave early anywhere else. We can not afford to lose juniors when our entire recruiting strategy is to take the overlooked athletes and develop them.

This makes no sense.

smootness
01-01-2016, 02:01 PM
61, you ever heard of Kelvin Benjamin?

I seen it dawg
01-01-2016, 02:02 PM
Did dak not get better? You don't think Bear could learn to use his hands to catch more in the offseason? That statement assumes that a 20 year old with 4 years of football experience ever has topped out. Sigh.

Sigh. It's easy to compare apples to oranges. That statement doesn't assume anything. I stated what I believe as fact due to the information at hand. In my opinion he has to work a lot harder.

Dawg496
01-01-2016, 02:04 PM
Seriously. Some of the worst fans in the NCAA.

Good luck Bear. Make your money. Thanks for coming to State.

Dawg61
01-01-2016, 02:06 PM
61, you ever heard of Kelvin Benjamin?

Yea he ran a 4.61. You think Bear gonna beat that time?

I seen it dawg
01-01-2016, 02:06 PM

Is he a 6th projection? Doubt it. Probably gonna be a 3rd. And his measurables and catching 60 more balls here ain't gonna change that. I hope he's higher drafted and makes millions.

Dawg61
01-01-2016, 02:08 PM
Seriously. Some of the worst fans in the NCAA.

Good luck Bear. Make your money. Thanks for coming to State.

Bear is peacing out when he finally gets the chance to be the man on our offense. Pay it back time and he says nah.

smootness
01-01-2016, 02:09 PM
Yea he ran a 4.61. You think Bear gonna beat that time?

I'll be surprised if he's clearly worse. You have an opinion that Wilson is abnormally slow, and there is no evidence of that.

smootness
01-01-2016, 02:09 PM
Bear is peacing out when he finally gets the chance to be the man on our offense. Pay it back time and he says nah.

Good gosh man.

HSVDawg
01-01-2016, 02:12 PM

He is not going to improve his stock by four whole rounds by coming back next year. Maybe one round at most. Unless he's a 2nd or 3rd round pick now and could move up to the first next year, he's making the right decision. But I don't think he goes in Round 1 either way.

I seen it dawg
01-01-2016, 02:13 PM

Boy what a genius thought....

Dawg61
01-01-2016, 02:13 PM
Good gosh man.

What? Mullen is the reason he has the option to leave right now. You disagree? Name me someone else that has him in this position? I would want to pay that back to my coach.

I seen it dawg
01-01-2016, 02:14 PM

This is dumb as shit. Nobody owes anybody anything.

PendingTransaction
01-01-2016, 02:14 PM
Boy!!! You are a tool. Hell, Bear helped MSU get to #1 and Mullen get to 4M. Hey doesn't owe shit.

smootness
01-01-2016, 02:15 PM
What? Mullen is the reason he has the option to leave right now. You disagree? Name me someone else that has him in this position? I would want to pay that back to my coach.

You're losing it.

Quaoarsking
01-01-2016, 02:16 PM
Bear put his body and his health on the line for 3 years to entertain us for free. He doesn't owe us anything. Congrats to him that he can go get a 6- or 7-figure salary to do it now.

And lots of football programs could have developed him to the point where he could go pro in 3 years -- probably 50 or more FBS programs. Are you seriously arguing that Dan Mullen is some kind of development savant that literally no one can equal?

Coach34
01-01-2016, 02:23 PM
Are you seriously arguing that Dan Mullen is some kind of development savant that literally no one can equal?

Why yes. I seriously believe this is exactly what he is suggesting

Todd4State
01-01-2016, 02:32 PM
I think this is a better decision than Josh leaving. Plus we'll be fine at WR with AJ Brown, Fred Brown, and Fred Ross.

mic
01-01-2016, 02:33 PM
This is the most ridiculous thread ever..

Best of luck #1, Thank you for the last 3 years, now go work ur ass off and make ur millions..

Hello AJ Brown...

mic
01-01-2016, 02:35 PM
I think this is a better decision than Josh leaving. Plus we'll be fine at WR with AJ Brown, Fred Brown, and Fred Ross.

Donald Gray will take hat step next year...
WR position is and will be as good or better next year...

EAVdog

He pays it back y going to the League and balling out. So the next De'Runnya Wilson knows MS State is where they can come to be coached up to get in the NFL. Hopefully that will start with AJ Brown. It's a good thing.

Coach34

and Gray

TUSK
01-01-2016, 02:43 PM
Yall need to embrace the idea of cats leaving early... even if they aren't 1st rounders... it's a good sign...

hell, I wish they made every college player stay 4 years... Bammer would be nearly unbeatable...

Todd4State
01-01-2016, 02:50 PM
Yall need to embrace the idea of cats leaving early... even if they aren't 1st rounders... it's a good sign...

hell, I wish they made every college player stay 4 years... Bammer would be nearly unbeatable...

Excellent post. From a guy whose team knows how to win championships. If we're going to be elite we need three year guys going to the NFL every year.

I don't know what the ideal number of three year guys is but it would be awesome if we had five a year leaving for the NFL.

Dawg61
01-01-2016, 02:53 PM

Your players leaving early are 5*. Ours are 3*. We can not have our top juniors leaving if we ever want to beat Bama.

engie
01-01-2016, 03:20 PM
4 pages of d61 going full retard? Say it ain't so!1!**

TUSK
01-01-2016, 03:21 PM
Your players leaving early are 5*. Ours are 3*. We can not have our top juniors leaving if we ever want to beat Bama.

You ain't gonna beat Bama with 3* players, period...

mcain31
01-01-2016, 03:24 PM
If 3* are leaving early due to their development, that makes our coaches look better

basedog
01-01-2016, 03:25 PM
Good luck to Wilson. Hope we find more like him! Tough dude who also loved Msu!

Todd4State
01-01-2016, 03:27 PM
If 3* are leaving early due to their development, that makes our coaches look better

Which helps us get four and five star players.

Which then helps us have 10 win seasons and have a better chance of beating really good teams.

TUSK
01-01-2016, 03:29 PM
Which helps us get four and five star players.

Which then helps us have 10 win seasons and have a better chance of beating really good teams.

ding, ding, ding.

NYDawg
01-01-2016, 04:13 PM
Man, I've got nothing but love for Bear. He bought in, worked hard, stayed out of trouble, and showed out on the field. I'd love to have him back next year, but it's his decision. Even if I knew enough to form an educated opinion on his prospects this year and next, I damn sure wouldn't be trashing him. Just thank the man for what he's done and wish him the best. He doesn't owe you, me, Mullen, or anyone else at MSU a damn thing.

Travelingdawg
01-01-2016, 04:36 PM
Good luck bear thanks for the hard work.

PMDawg
01-01-2016, 05:21 PM
He should definitely listen to a handful of message board heroes instead of friends, family, and experts! Cool thread.

JoseBrown
01-01-2016, 05:36 PM
Congrats and good luck to Bear! After his first half play in the Belk Bowl there wasn't a doubt in my mind he was leaving. That will be the first tape watched of him, and he played great! Looking forward to AJ Brown next year.

Dawg61
01-01-2016, 05:38 PM
4 pages of d61 going full retard? Say it ain't so!1!**

Better to have 4 pages than a lifetime full King Retard.

Dawg61
01-01-2016, 05:39 PM
Bear Wilson gonna send Dak his first year's salary? Without Dak without Mullen there is no Bear. Play your senior season dude.

ScoobaDawg
01-01-2016, 06:03 PM
Bear Wilson gonna send Dak his first year's salary? Without Dak without Mullen there is no Bear. Play your senior season dude.

He's gone. Shut the hell up already.... He has done everything we could do for him.
Chill the hell out

Coach34
01-01-2016, 06:16 PM
Putting guys in the NFL drat helps our recruiting period. 61 has just hit a new level of rahtard

Dawg61
01-01-2016, 06:25 PM
He has done everything we could do for him.

Has he done everything we could ask of him? What about being the senior leader this team needs next year after losing Dak? Has he done that?

confucius say
01-01-2016, 06:28 PM
What the hell is going in this thread? Good gosh. Good luck bear and come back to Starkville often. Always a dawg.

NeshobaChuck
01-01-2016, 06:38 PM
Bear has done everything we could ask for him to do. I would much rather him go make his money live the dream of an NFL WR. You also have to realize with him making this decision should make us a lock to get AJ brown who could come in as a true freshman and start and make an instant impact here at Miss. State. And the more guys we bring in and send to the draft early will show future prospects that are 4 and 5 stars can come here play and leave early and be drafted highly

engie
01-01-2016, 06:42 PM
Better to have 4 pages than a lifetime full King Retard.

Got me!1!!

Dawg61
01-01-2016, 06:58 PM
Alright. Good luck Bear.

HoopsCoach21
01-01-2016, 07:02 PM

I can see making an argument for Bear to come back if it was the right thing for him to do to improve his draft stock but to say he should come back because he owes it to Mullen or anyone else is asinine.

Do you honestly believe that Dak and Mullen are the ONLY reason that Wilson has been successful? That they are the only coach and QB that he could have had success with? Ever thought that maybe he bought in and worked hard and now that hard work is going to pay off?

When I'm in an argument and I see that NO ONE agrees with me then I sometimes realize that I need to take a step back and reevaluate because maybe I'm wrong. This is one of those times man.

HoopsCoach21
01-01-2016, 07:08 PM
Alright. Good luck Bear.

You posted this as I was typing so good for you. And good for Bear.

I hate to lose him too but wish him the best of luck. And now if I'm Mullen I'm telling AJ, look we took a guy that had only played one year of high school football and he was drafted in the middle rounds as a junior. Imagine what we can do with you.

gravedigger
01-01-2016, 07:12 PM
He's healthy. Unless you can guarantee he wont have an injury or would be willing to pay the lloyds of london premiums for 12 months you just sound like a selfish homer.

gravedigger
01-01-2016, 07:14 PM
Has he done everything we could ask of him? What about being the senior leader this team needs next year after losing Dak? Has he done that?

Kids cant eat leadership.

Dawg61
01-01-2016, 08:29 PM
What I find funny is that y'all will have 400 threads about our Virginia Slims and lack of paying high school recruits but what would actually really help MSU next year is for MSU to find a way to have Bear Wilson and Chris Jones come back. Drop off a bag or something but I would much rather MSU find a way to keep these players instead of investing shit tons of money just for a signature. Bear & Ross is a nasssssssty combo and I will not go silently before I have said my peace. Sorry the upside is way too big for me to shut my mouth over it.

Dawg61
01-01-2016, 08:36 PM
I can see making an argument for Bear to come back if it was the right thing for him to do to improve his draft stock but to say he should come back because he owes it to Mullen or anyone else is asinine.

Do you honestly believe that Dak and Mullen are the ONLY reason that Wilson has been successful? That they are the only coach and QB that he could have had success with? Ever thought that maybe he bought in and worked hard and now that hard work is going to pay off?

When I'm in an argument and I see that NO ONE agrees with me then I sometimes realize that I need to take a step back and reevaluate because maybe I'm wrong. This is one of those times man.

I think Dan is the reason Dak has become the best player ever at MSU and I think Dak has made Bear look so much better than any other QB at State would have. Dak is constantly back shouldering Bear and finding him on quick slants. He feeds Bear. Bear can't feed himself. I do think it's smart in a way for Bear to capitalize on Dak's name being he is labeled as "Dak's favorite WR" and that means leaving this year I just don't think he is ready and MSU could really use his help next year. If him leaving lands us AJ then it will all work out best for everyone in the long run maybe. I still think financially Bear will make more money by coming back then leaving now but that's his decision to live with and there's no guarantee of that either.