PDA

View Full Version : Michigan state/bama

msstate7
12-31-2015, 07:59 PM
I'm a spartan for 3.5 hours

cheewgumm
12-31-2015, 08:01 PM
RTR

I'm jumping on the Bama bandwagon. In a world full of cheating football teams, if your team is not good at it, why not roll with the best?

Roooolllllll Tide

Jack Lambert
12-31-2015, 08:09 PM
RTR

I'm jumping on the Bama bandwagon. In a world full of cheating football teams, if your team is not good at it, why not roll with the best?

Roooolllllll Tide

Since Clemson won I am on the Bama band wagon as well.

confucius say
12-31-2015, 08:10 PM
Roll tide. Represent the sec family. Tired of national media piling on after last year two years.

Leroy Jenkins
12-31-2015, 08:11 PM
Since Clemson won I am on the Bama band wagon.

Same... for the same reason.

msstate7
12-31-2015, 08:17 PM
It would be so awesome to play in a playoff game. Hopefully we can catch lightning in a bottle and make it one year

Leroy Jenkins
12-31-2015, 08:19 PM
Queerest, most awkward, coin toss ever. Flip with the thumb, guy.

msstate7
12-31-2015, 08:30 PM
The Spartans are popping the tide

ShotgunDawg
12-31-2015, 08:35 PM
Seems like every Bama game goes the same:

Early on - Emotional, laying hits, and playing with them

2nd Quarter - Still playing well, but then a 17 up happens & they get a TD. You then kick a field goal & go to halftime down 7-3 and thinking you have a shot.

3rd quarter - They score a TD to up 14-3 & you answer with a FG to make it 14-6. Again, still thinking you have shot.

4th - They kick a FG to answer your FG & then break off a long run to win 24-6.

Conclusion is that you feel like you played with them, but, in reality, you never had a chance.

msstate7
12-31-2015, 08:40 PM
Seems like every Bama game goes the same:

Early on - Emotional, laying hits, and playing with them

2nd Quarter - Still playing well, but then a 17 up happens & they get a TD. You then kick a field goal & go to halftime down 7-3 and thinking you have a shot.

3rd quarter - They score a TD to up 14-3 & you answer with a FG to make it 14-6. Again, still thinking you have shot.

4th - They kick a FG to answer your FG & then break off a long run to win 24-6.

Conclusion is that you feel like you played with them, but, in reality, you never had a chance.

Bama has lost their last 2 bowl games. It's not like they're unbeatable

ShotgunDawg
12-31-2015, 08:44 PM
Bama has lost their last 2 bowl games. It's not like they're unbeatable

Are you a Michigan State fan?

You've argued for them in every thread for a month

cheewgumm
Is that the first holding cal on Bama this year?

starkvegasdawg
Alabama called for holding. Just who do these officials think they are?

ShotgunDawg
12-31-2015, 08:45 PM
Alabama called for holding. Just who do these officials think they are?

Actually a smart move by them. They called it on a play where they knew it would be declined

msstate7
Are you a Michigan State fan?

You've argued for them in every thread for a month
I detest bama... Im always a fan of whoever bama plays unless they play om haha

I would pull for Michigan state next week too if they win... We are a lot like Michigan state, so I like to see them succeed

mstatefan91
Bama OL is getting whipped right now.

ShotgunDawg
12-31-2015, 08:47 PM
Following twitter is funny for this game. It's like the media thinks Henry should get the ball more because he won the Heisman. It's like they haven't watched Bama play this year & just because Henry won the Hiesman, he should get the ball.

Well, here's a news flash media, Derrick Henry ain't no Leonard Fournette.

The difference between the two is the difference between Michael Jordan & Steve Kerr. Both can score points, but one guy can create his own shot & the other can't

ShotgunDawg
12-31-2015, 08:49 PM
Bama OL is getting whipped right now.

We got to them early as well. Because Bama rarely plays from behind though, they can just lean on you. Eventually, you spring a leak

msstate7
12-31-2015, 08:50 PM
Dumb, dumb, dumb... Don't let bama know you're running

ShotgunDawg
12-31-2015, 08:51 PM
IDK if Michigan State will score in this game. They probably will, but we looked better on offense early than Michigan State is & we couldn't score a TD

mstatefan91
12-31-2015, 08:55 PM
We got to them early as well. Because Bama rarely plays from behind though, they can just lean on you. Eventually, you spring a leak

Oh agreed. It will look a lot different in the third and fourth quarter.

ShotgunDawg
12-31-2015, 09:02 PM
Gotta feeling Michigan State will die a slow death in this one.

The body blows by Bama are already starting to add up.

The way to beat Bama is to jump out ahead early

mstatefan91
12-31-2015, 09:11 PM
Bama secondary is the only thing that's suspect. If Cook can get 3 seconds to get it out, then Michigan State has a chance.

Cue a dropped ball by a Michigan State receiver.

AlmostPositive
12-31-2015, 09:13 PM
Tonight, I'm an MSU fan:)

ShotgunDawg
12-31-2015, 09:13 PM
Bama secondary is the only thing that's suspect. If Cook can get 3 seconds to get it out, then Michigan State has a chance.

Cue a dropped ball by a Michigan State receiver.

Dak threw for over 300 yards against Bama. You can get some yardage, but once the field shrinks, that secondary gets much better.

ShotgunDawg
12-31-2015, 09:15 PM
Michigan State's problem is that they are taking all the shots right now. It's gonna catch up

msstate7
12-31-2015, 09:16 PM
Michigan State's problem is that they are taking all the shots right now. It's gonna catch up

Both teams are taking shots

ShotgunDawg
12-31-2015, 09:19 PM
Both teams are taking shots

No they aren't

ShotgunDawg
12-31-2015, 09:23 PM
Ball game.

Now that Bama has the lead, they'll play the most risk averse style of football you've ever seen.

I've seen this game numerous times at Davis Wade Stadium

MarketingBully
12-31-2015, 09:26 PM
All their secondary has to do is zone and play conservative with that front seven. You don't have to play man to man when their DL and LBs make a ton of plays. You don't have to cover that long.

mstatefan91
12-31-2015, 09:26 PM
Dak threw for over 300 yards against Bama. You can get some yardage, but once the field shrinks, that secondary gets much better.

And we had a "chance" until the defense let us down. But that's Bama football so... yeah..

ShotgunDawg
12-31-2015, 09:28 PM
All their secondary has to do is zone and play conservative with that front seven. You don't have to play man to man when their DL and LBs make a ton of plays. You don't have to cover that long.

Yup, unless they screw up & you jump on them & grab an early lead, you have virtually no shot.

Their players are so much better than everyone else's that they don't have to take any risks in the game plan.

There is no chess match when playing Bama and there are no adjustments you can make

EngineerDawg
12-31-2015, 09:30 PM
Grown man football we are watching...

msstate7
12-31-2015, 09:33 PM
Spartans need a turnover badly...

Not sure why state fans are pulling for bama. When Saban shows up in AJ and Simmons' living room, I don't want him wearing a new ring. Bama winning doesn't benefit us in the least

mstatefan91
12-31-2015, 09:34 PM

Not sure why state fans are pulling for bama. When Saban shows up in AJ and Simmons' living room, I don't want him wearing a new ring. Bama winning doesn't benefit us in the least

I just admire their program. I'm not rooting for them. I do think they will win it all though.

MarketingBully
12-31-2015, 09:45 PM

I don't think them winning or not winning will make a difference. He already has four rings and Bama is the only team to be in both playoffs. AJ is a Bulldog and as of now Simmons is looking more like he is a Dog as well.

starkvegasdawg
12-31-2015, 09:48 PM
Bama gives em hope and then cruelly takes it away.

MarketingBully
12-31-2015, 09:50 PM
I do think that if Saban wins this one and the right NFL job opens up he is gone.

ShotgunDawg
12-31-2015, 09:57 PM
I respect the program, but, if any NFL team got the first 25 picks of every draft, they'd win Super Bowls as well.

I just don't find it all that impressive that a team with 18 5 stars on it's roster wins lots of games.

Do you?

DancingRabbit
12-31-2015, 10:00 PM
I do think that if Saban wins this one and the right NFL job opens up he is gone.

That's what I'm hoping for.

AlmostPositive
12-31-2015, 10:01 PM
It's too early to say this, but I feel this one has already slipped away fmo the Spartans.

msstate7
12-31-2015, 10:05 PM
It's too early to say this, but I feel this one has already slipped away fmo the Spartans.

Absolute back breaker int... Don't think Michigan state makes it a game without a turnover

Prentis
12-31-2015, 10:05 PM
I respect the program, but, if any NFL team got the first 25 picks of every draft, they'd win Super Bowls as well.

I just don't find it all that impressive that a team with 18 5 stars on it's roster wins lots of games.

Do you?

I do, you also have 18 5 star egos to deal with. It's hard to tell a five star recruit that he might not play for two years and keep him interested at the same time.

msstate7
12-31-2015, 10:07 PM
That's what I'm hoping for.

If I thought that was the case, I'd have bought a bama tee shirt for tonight. Just don't think he's leaving

DancingRabbit
12-31-2015, 10:14 PM
If I thought that was the case, I'd have bought a bama tee shirt for tonight. Just don't think he's leaving

There's a little bit of chatter to that effect among the NFL media. Of course they don't really know anything but maybe, just maybe ...

TUSK
12-31-2015, 10:14 PM
I'm a spartan for 3.5 hours

infidel. scallywag. usurper.

msstate7
12-31-2015, 10:15 PM
Coker does 2 things really well:

1. Deep pass
2. Run at diagonal away from pass rush the get pass off... He's uncanny good at avoiding the sack

MarketingBully
12-31-2015, 10:16 PM

You can't go by what Saban says. If the right job opens he is gone. What else does he have to prove at the college level? If he loses, I think he stays no matter what.

msstate7
12-31-2015, 10:16 PM
infidel. scallywag. usurper.

Still like you, tusk

ShotgunDawg
12-31-2015, 10:18 PM
I do, you also have 18 5 star egos to deal with. It's hard to tell a five star recruit that he might not play for two years and keep him interested at the same time.

NFL coaches do it all the time.

No other team has near this talent level, so I'm not even sure if we know how tough it is. What are we comparing it to?

Also, keep in mind that they get the 1st 25 picks, so they can take the guys that have good makeup & are team players as well. They typically stay away from the bad teammate guys

Frankly, I'd love to have that problem

confucius say
12-31-2015, 10:21 PM

Meh, every recruit already knows he has a better chance at a title at bama than state (or any other sec school). If that's the deciding factor we lose every time.
To most wr recruits the bigger question is which team will get me the ball and get me to the league.

mstatefan91
12-31-2015, 10:24 PM

Do you?

Yes, actually.

Prentis
NFL coaches do it all the time.

No other team has near this talent level, so I'm not even sure if we know how tough it is. What are we comparing it to?

Also, keep in mind that they get the 1st 25 picks, so they can take the guys that have good makeup & are team players as well. They typically stay away from the bad teammate guys

Frankly, I'd love to have that problem

NFL players get payed to play. That's a big difference.

ShotgunDawg
Yes, actually.

Interesting. What's so impressive about that?

ShotgunDawg
12-31-2015, 10:25 PM
NFL players get payed to play. That's a big difference.

True, but egos are still egos.

Again though, Alabama stays away from those types of guys as much as possible. They have 1st pick

ShotgunDawg
12-31-2015, 10:26 PM
Now seems like a good time: does anyone want to restart the debate about whether or not Michigan State is light years ahead of Mississippi State & would be better than us in the SEC?

ShotgunDawg
12-31-2015, 10:28 PM
How is Calvin Ridley a 21 year old freshman?

mstatefan91
12-31-2015, 10:30 PM
Interesting. What's so impressive about that?

They bring in those players. They keep those players in check (for the most part). Those players face every team's best every single week (everyone wants to beat Bama).

There are and have been other programs that have had periods of recruiting like Bama but have not experienced near the success. The fact that you don't see what Saban has done at Bama as impressive is mind boggling just as what Saban has done is mind boggling. He took Bama from nothing back to Bear Bryant like status with a lot more recruiting limits and rules.

MarketingBully
12-31-2015, 10:32 PM
Now seems like a good time: does anyone want to restart the debate about whether or not Michigan State is light years ahead of Mississippi State & would be better than us in the SEC?

This will be a quiet 31-0 win. Just like our loss was. SEC West is 3-1 and would be undefeated had A&M not imploded. We are in the toughest division in college football and it's not even close.

ShotgunDawg
12-31-2015, 10:33 PM
They bring in those players. They keep those players in check (for the most part). Those players face every team's best every single week (everyone wants to beat Bama).

There are and have been other programs that have had periods of recruiting like Bama but have not experienced near the success. The fact that you don't see what Saban has done at Bama as impressive is mind boggling just as what Saban has done is mind boggling. He took Bama from nothing back to Bear Bryant like status with a lot more recruiting limits and rules.

I find it impressive. Just saying that it's not all that surprising that they win this many games.

The only other team that's recruited like this was probably Pete Carroll's USC teams and the only that ended was because of probation

Prentis
12-31-2015, 10:34 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This guy gets it!!!

ShotgunDawg
12-31-2015, 10:36 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This guy gets it!!!

OK

Todd4State
12-31-2015, 10:39 PM
How is Calvin Ridley a 21 year old freshman?

And not playing for Ole Miss.

shoeless joe
12-31-2015, 10:40 PM
Did slive get to these officials?

BrunswickDawg
12-31-2015, 10:49 PM
After watching this game, anybody who thinks we should be measuring our success against what Bama is doing needs their ****ing head examined. Bama is a team on a different level that everyone else wishes they were.

Todd4State
12-31-2015, 10:54 PM
After watching this game, anybody who thinks we should be measuring our success against what Bama is doing needs their ****ing head examined. Bama is a team on a different level that everyone else wishes they were.

To be the best you have to measure yourself against the best.

msstate7
12-31-2015, 10:57 PM
Bama very impressive tonight.

starkvegasdawg
12-31-2015, 10:57 PM

And right now we're a little boy measuring up to John Holmes.

Liverpooldawg
12-31-2015, 10:59 PM
You got me on this one 34. I thought the other MSU's defense would be able to hold Bama down, at least a little. They did for a while but Bama's defense just totally throttled Sparty. Bama wore them down with the offense. I was pulling for the SEC here but I wouldn't have been opposed to the other MSU winning. We met an academic staffer there and her family in Alaska a couple of years ago. They reminded me of MSU folks, nice people.

BrunswickDawg
12-31-2015, 11:08 PM
I get that. But it probably shows more how the SECW is still the toughest gauntlet to run in the country.

Todd4State
12-31-2015, 11:12 PM
I get that. But it probably shows more how the SECW is still the toughest gauntlet to run in the country.

No doubt. But I think if we make some adjustments- nothing too major- we could increase our odds of beating them and elevating our program even more.

ShotgunDawg
12-31-2015, 11:17 PM
No doubt. But I think if we make some adjustments- nothing too major- we could increase our odds of beating them and elevating our program even more.

Mullen's off season reading
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/03/Cover_Good_2_Gr8.jpg

TUSK
12-31-2015, 11:56 PM
dig on this, cats... Tony Brown has likely been cut...

wasn't MSU on his list before committing?

msstate7
01-01-2016, 12:01 AM
dig on this, cats... Tony Brown has likely been cut...

wasn't MSU on his list before committing?

He's not good enough for our secondary**

Todd4State
01-01-2016, 12:02 AM
Mullen's off season reading
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/03/Cover_Good_2_Gr8.jpg

I like it!

TUSK
01-01-2016, 12:04 AM
He's not good enough for our secondary**

I caught that, rat bastard... LOL

this cat would start over Banks & Slay, any day.... dude's a Beast.

msstate7
01-01-2016, 12:06 AM
I caught that, rat bastard... LOL

this cat would start over Banks & Slay, any day.... dude's a Beast.

Banks won Thorpe over your guy... Beat you at something haha

Slay is an all pro or should be

TUSK
01-01-2016, 12:20 AM
Banks won Thorpe over your guy... Beat you at something haha

Slay is an all pro or should be

what you said is accurate... but, I do know this...

Kevin Norwood wouldn't see the light of day if he were 1 on 1 with Tony Brown...

msstate7
01-01-2016, 12:23 AM
what you said is accurate... but, I do know this...

Kevin Norwood wouldn't see the light of day if he were 1 on 1 with Tony Brown...

If tony brown plays in the sec again, it'll be ole miss. My guess is he ends up back in Texas somewhere

TUSK
01-01-2016, 12:31 AM
If tony brown plays in the sec again, it'll be ole miss. My guess is he ends up back in Texas somewhere

well, dude does need "heppin"...