PDA

View Full Version : Dak is better than OU and Clemson's QB. I feel better about him going pro now.

cheewgumm
12-31-2015, 05:10 PM
nmm

ShotgunDawg
12-31-2015, 05:15 PM
From a talent standpoint, I'd take Watson over Dak, but I'd take Dak over Mayfield.

cheewgumm
12-31-2015, 05:24 PM
I think Dak throws better than Foster. To me, it looks like Foster short arms it. But, this is the first I've really seen of either of these guys. Mayfield throws it pretty well, but not that much better than Dak, if it all.

OurState
12-31-2015, 05:29 PM
nmm

They are taller

cheewgumm
12-31-2015, 05:57 PM
Dak 6'2
Watson 6'2
Mayfield 6'1

...If you go by what they are listed.

If you are just going by who "looks" taller, then I think Watson> Dak> Mayfield.

Watson is not good.

ShotgunDawg
12-31-2015, 06:05 PM
Dak 6'2
Watson 6'2
Mayfield 6'1

...If you go by what they are listed.

If you are just going by who "looks" taller, then I think Watson> Dak> Mayfield.

Watson is not good.

Watson is a little quicker than Dak, has a looser arm, & throws from a little higher slot than Dak. He's really talented.

I think Mayfield has more improv ability than Dak or Watson, but that tends to not translate to the NFL.

The NFL is all about being able to throw from the bottom of a well 1st & then manipulate the pocket when needed.

Leroy Jenkins
12-31-2015, 07:11 PM
If you switch the number in front of our team name, with the one in front of Clemson's team name, Dak wins the Heisman. He would still be exactly the same player.

Jack Lambert
12-31-2015, 08:12 PM
Out of the three Dak has a better chance of making a NFL team. He really worked on what the NFL wants. He will have very good combine and the NFL AD's will really like him as a person. He is also pretty smart and will score well on all the IQ test. Vince young was a great College Football Player but was too stupid to play NFL football. There is a lot of stuff the Scouts and AD's look for and Dak has them all.

msstate7
12-31-2015, 08:13 PM
Out of the three Dak has a better chance of making a NFL team. He really worked on what the NFL wants. He will have very good combine and the NFL AD's will really like him as a person. He is also pretty smart and will score well on all the IQ test. Vince young was a great College Football Player but was too stupid to play NFL football. Dak is smart.

Gonna be interesting to see how well dak handles under center drop backs. Hasn't ever really did it much.

missouridawg
12-31-2015, 08:55 PM
I go back and forth on Daks draft status...

Tebow was taken mistakenly, so it's not a good data point. But Blaine Gabbert was also a first round pick. I think there's a shot he might still go on the first day, but I just hope it's before the 4th round.

msstate7
12-31-2015, 09:00 PM

Tebow was taken mistakenly, so it's not a good data point. But Blaine Gabbert was also a first round pick. I think there's a shot he might still go on the first day, but I just hope it's before the 4th round.

Just hope he goes to the right team. I'd love to see dak in New Orleans, but I think KC would be a better fit. Andy Reid does a good job with dual threat qb's

ShotgunDawg
12-31-2015, 09:08 PM
Gonna be interesting to see how well dak handles under center drop backs. Hasn't ever really did it much.

Agree, but one thing he has going for him is that the NFL has seen lots of these types of QBs come into the league in the last 5 years & have probably improved their methods on developing them

Jack Lambert
12-31-2015, 09:10 PM

Dak is a great athelete, smart, humble enough to listen to the coaches and works hard, I don't think it is going to be hard for him to learn. I think the other two guys will be drafted higher when they come out but Dak will make a roster.

blacklistedbully
12-31-2015, 09:22 PM
Out of the three Dak has a better chance of making a NFL team. He really worked on what the NFL wants. He will have very good combine and the NFL AD's will really like him as a person. He is also pretty smart and will score well on all the IQ test. Vince young was a great College Football Player but was too stupid to play NFL football. There is a lot of stuff the Scouts and AD's look for and Dak has them all.

Off-the-chart intangibles is the phrase I think you're looking for.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-31-2015, 09:36 PM

It wasn't smarts that led to Vince not playing well in the NFL. It was laziness & attitude. He played well initially but didn't work on his craft & didn't take well to Jeff Fisher's coaching.

Jack Lambert
12-31-2015, 09:44 PM
It wasn't smarts that led to Vince not playing well in the NFL. It was laziness & attitude. He played well initially but didn't work on his craft & didn't take well to Jeff Fisher's coaching.

Vince did not score well on the Test the NFL gives. Vince could not run an NFL offense because he could not think fast enough. It didn't matter in college when you are the fastest guy on the field but in the NFL when everyone is fast you better be able to think fast and Vince could not.

OurState
12-31-2015, 10:02 PM
Just hope he goes to the right team. I'd love to see dak in New Orleans, but I think KC would be a better fit. Andy Reid does a good job with dual threat qb's

I agree with this.

Dak will go 3rd-7th. Who cares where. I only care that he gets a good situation where he can sit for 3 years, learn a system then emerge like Romo or McNair or Brady.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-31-2015, 10:10 PM
Vince did not score well on the Test the NFL gives. Vince could not run an NFL offense because he could not think fast enough. It didn't matter in college when you are the fastest guy on the field but in the NFL when everyone is fast you better be able to think fast and Vince could not.

Vince scored a 16. Same as Dan Marino. He made 2 Pro Bowls smarts wasn't his issue. He was entitled & didn't feel he had to work to improve his game. That was his problem.

Homedawg
12-31-2015, 10:15 PM

First day is first round only. Second and 3rd are second day. Greater chance he goes on 3rd day (4th rd or later ) than any other day. Odds speaking anyway. Hope he does great in the senior bowl and ups his stock though!

DancingRabbit
12-31-2015, 10:33 PM
Most mocks I've seen have Dak going late 3rd or 4th. Hope he goes somewhere in the first 4 rounds.