PDA

View Full Version : Team 13- the Ole Miss RebelBear Landsharks

Coach34
08-06-2013, 10:15 AM
Last Year- 7-6 (best 6-6 season EVAHHHHH)
HC- Bucky the Beaver
OC- Dan Werner
DC- Dave Wommack

Starters returning offense- 8 (lost TE and RG...and WR Sanders for part of this season)
Starters returning defense- 10 (lost DT)

schedule:

@Vandy
SE Missouri St
@Texas
Open
@Bama
@Auburn
A&M
LSU
Idaho
Open
UPig
Troy
Missouri
@State

We've talked about these guys a good bit- Vandy and Auburn are the keys to their season. Tough opener for a young team that has high expectations. They have some injuries to overcome also and hope that key players are 100% (Gross, Johnson, Wallace, Sawyer)...they are thin at DT, CB, and OL- injuries here could cause them some problems. They should be good on the DL, LB, and at WR if Sanders returns healthy. RB's and starting OL is solid

bocfarm
08-06-2013, 10:18 AM
7-5 outside shot at 8 if they beat Aub, LSU or A&M (both at home) and Upig (home)

FISHDAWG
08-06-2013, 10:18 AM
7 & 5 & back to Birmingham

Ghost of Hank Flick
08-06-2013, 10:26 AM
6-6, Dawgs win the egg

SheltonChoked
08-06-2013, 10:28 AM
Best 3-8 season ever

@Vandy L Vandy has their number
SE Missouri St W Big for the fans
@Texas L too much talent at UT
Open
@Bama L big
@Auburn L bet the over That lack of depth at DL and CB gets them
A&M L Close
LSU L Close
Idaho W big for the fans
Open
UPig W
Troy L Troy outscores OM That lack of depth at DL and CB gets them Again
Missouri L I think Mizzou is better this year with Franklin healthy
@State L 12-2 for egg bowl home teams

engie
08-06-2013, 10:37 AM
Like all of aTm's games in Vegas being pulled off the table -- I won't make a prediction on this one until we get alot closer to gametime and their injury situation is pretty well determined.

Listened to McReady's podcast yesterday and they think Gross is the only one that is almost positive to be out in game 1, but are also pretty worried about Sawyer. I can also say that with 7-8 injuries, more often than not, at least one of the recoveries don't go as well as expected.

SignalToNoise
08-06-2013, 10:40 AM
5-7 (2-6)

@Vandy - Loss
SE Missouri - Win
@Texas - Loss
---
@Bama - Loss
@AU - Loss
aTm - Loss
LSU - Loss
Idaho - Win
---
UPig - Win
Troy - Win
Missouri - Win
State - Loss

Vandownbytheriver
08-06-2013, 10:41 AM
7-5 or 8-4 depending on the Egg Bowl. If Wallace goes down, early, they could be looking at 4-8.

Pollodawg
08-06-2013, 10:47 AM
@Vandy--W Om ends the streak.
SE MO--Wins big.
@Texas--L This Texas team has a ton coming back. They should be stacked.
@Bama--L Bama will be loaded again this season.
@Auburn--L The fighting Malzahns best the bears on the Plains with two weeks to get ready.
A&M--Tentative L. This one was the hardest to call. It all depends on Manziel. If he is out, they win. If he is in, they lose. Jhonny Football gave them four TOs last time around, and they still lost. Don't see him basically handing them a game again.
LSU--W Another hard one to call, but LSU lost a ton. I think OM rises to the occasion and knocks off the Tigers in this one.
Idaho--OM has some mojo going now. They beat Idaho like a drum.
Arkansas--W. Arky will be horrible this year, IMO.
Troy--W. OM will out talent Troy in a scorefest, but it will be closer than folks think.
Missouri-- L It comes crashing down with an upset loss to a healthy Missouri Tigers squad.
@State--L. Mullen gets revenge for last season in a huge way. State wins by double digits.

6-6. OM heads back to Bham.

CadaverDawg
08-06-2013, 11:03 AM
7-5 (4-4)

biscuit
08-06-2013, 11:09 AM
7-5 4-4

PMDawg
08-06-2013, 11:14 AM
L @Vandy
W SE Missouri St
L @Texas
Open
L @Bama
L @Auburn
L A&M (win if no Manziel)
W LSU
W Idaho
Open
W UPig
W Troy
W Missouri
L @State

6-6 (3-5) tough schedule. I'm on record saying they "could" challenge for 2nd in the West, but my prediction is 6-6. I just wouldn't be totally shocked to see them win 9 games.

ckDOG
08-06-2013, 11:15 AM
@Vandy - Loss - Vandy is better. At Vandy. Vandy has their number.
SE Missouri St - Win
@Texas - Loss - Texas is good.
Open
@Bama - Loss - Bama is good.
@Auburn - Loss - AU is better than most expect. Home team wins.
A&M - Loss - This could be winnable if JFF is out. Still a loss as they begin to get beat up.
LSU - Loss - LSU is better
Idaho - Win
Open
UPig - Win - Upig is awful and will have too much change to deal with this year.
Troy - Loss - Wishful thinking on my part, but if the team is mentally deflated by the crappy year they have at this point, watch out.
Missouri - Loss - Mizzou and Franklin are putting up points this year.
@State - Loss - First road game in 2 months. We beat that ass.

3 - 9, just because I want that to happen. In reality, they probably win one of @Vandy, @AU, Arky and beat Troy to go 5 - 7

Drugdog
08-06-2013, 11:53 AM
5-7. After all.... They are Ole Miss.

Bullmutt
08-06-2013, 01:02 PM
5-7 (2-6).

Bothrops
08-06-2013, 02:01 PM
7-5 (4-4)

Dawg61
08-06-2013, 02:32 PM
5-7 (2-6)

Squidawg11
08-06-2013, 02:52 PM
W @Vandy
W SE Missouri St
L @Texas
Open
L @Bama
L @Auburn
L A&M (win if no Manziel)
L LSU
W Idaho
Open
W UPig
W Troy
W Missouri
L @State

6-6 (3-5) Finally get by Vandy, but their bowl game dictates whether they win 7. I personally think Vandy has a bad year.

mic
08-06-2013, 03:10 PM
6-6 (3-5)
I think they lose 2 of these 3 ( aub vandy mizzu)
but win 1 of these 2 (lsu tam).. and it will be made out at the time to be the greatest upset in UM history and the turning point of program

Will James
08-06-2013, 03:28 PM
2-10

Ronny
08-06-2013, 04:01 PM
...they have to keep their dinged-up QB healthy enough to heave the ball downfield to Moncrief (sp).

Otherwise, with their schedule, they are screwed.

Political Hack
08-06-2013, 07:41 PM
@Vandy - Loss. Vandy owns them.
SE Missouri St - Win. It's a tough game for them, but SE Mizzu is not as good as Jacksonville State
@Texas - Loss. but it's ok. It'll be a moral victory.
Open -
@Bama - Loss. Oh, and they're immediately injured and beat up again.
@Auburn - Loss. They were 2-3 on the road last year and only 1-3 in the SEC. Tulane shouldn't really count.
A&M - Loss. I actually think they can win this game if Johnny Football is out, but until then it's a loss.
LSU - Loss. There will be no sneaking up on the grass eater in this game. There's simply too much power up front at LSU and OM won't "out-athlete" them.
Idaho - Win. But it will be 'vandalous.'
Open -
UPig - Win. Ark isn't going to match up well with many teams this year. Great DEs don't do much to slow down Freeze's offense.
Troy - Win. In a shoot out with a bad Troy team.
Missouri - Loss. Franklin feeding Green-Beckham > Wallace feeding Moncrief.
@State - Loss. They don't have enough juice to come into Starkvegas and make it happen... and I promise you CDM has never wanted a game more than this one.

4-8. I had thought they'd be able to get to 6, but I think Mizzu and Vandy will be able to pull out W's against them this year.

hacker
08-06-2013, 09:37 PM
12-0 national champs

Jack Lambert
08-06-2013, 09:42 PM
If the luck they had on injuries last season holds out through this season they will win six or seven. If they get any injuries on the Offensive or defensive line or the QB goes down they are screwed.

M.Fillmore
08-07-2013, 08:09 AM
2-10

I like the way you think.