PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Bryant

msstate7
12-31-2015, 07:39 AM
I really like this kid. I see flashes of a great player in the making... Big ints and that big hit on the sideline with true sec speed as a freshman. This kid could really special.

bulldawg28
12-31-2015, 07:59 AM
He's the best safety we have and it's not even close.

TheRef
12-31-2015, 09:01 AM
He was #1 in the Top 10 for his one-handed INT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETVmpfzvGVg

engie
12-31-2015, 10:19 AM
Bryant was really starting to emerge at the end of the season. He looked like Jalen Ramsey out there a few times yesterday. He just has to become consistent.

Bothrops
12-31-2015, 10:34 AM
He's the best safety we have and it's not even close.

This

thf24
12-31-2015, 10:35 AM
Sure glad we didn't let Rosebowl run him off.

ShotgunDawg
12-31-2015, 10:44 AM
Bryant was really starting to emerge at the end of the season. He looked like Jalen Ramsey out there a few times yesterday. He just has to become consistent.

Well said...

Bryant is a playmaker & we need more of them. However, he does have to become more consistent in the routine plays.

For example, on NC State's 4th & 1 yesterday that went for a TD, Bryant took an atrocious angle on the ball carrier & allowed that play to break instead of being a 12 yard gain.

He's athletic out of his mind, but he just needs to improve his anticipation, instincts at the position, and consistency at tackling.

I think he will

whosyourdawgy
12-31-2015, 12:57 PM
He also didn't go deep enough on that last long pass they completed that really shoulda been a pretty easy int but instead it goes over his head for the completion. He still played a pretty damn good game and will only get better. With he and Peters and McLaurin back there, the safety spots look really good for the foreseeable future. Now let's pray our redshirted cornerbacks can come in and be better than Cleveland to keep his ass off the field.

bulldawg28
12-31-2015, 12:58 PM
Well said...

Bryant is a playmaker & we need more of them. However, he does have to become more consistent in the routine plays.

For example, on NC State's 4th & 1 yesterday that went for a TD, Bryant took an atrocious angle on the ball carrier & allowed that play to break instead of being a 12 yard gain.

He's athletic out of his mind, but he just needs to improve his anticipation, instincts at the position, and consistency at tackling.

I think he will

Most of that was on Calhoun. He turned the WR lose without trailing, slowing him down, or forcing him inside.

Leroy Jenkins
12-31-2015, 01:03 PM
Bryant, D Gray, and Deer make more plays per snap than anyone else we have.

JDog13
12-31-2015, 01:05 PM
I'm not really down on Cleveland. Kid was a last minute class filler after Tee, and he plays hard. He will hit you and he'll get better. He doesn't have the talent the freshmen have, but he has heart and desire. I know we want the best players, but I'll take a few kids that have the want and desire to get better.

starkvegasdawg
12-31-2015, 01:12 PM
Hopefully we get a good safeties coach in here and he turns him into a monster.

Political Hack
12-31-2015, 01:54 PM
Sure glad we didn't let Rosebowl run him off.

What happened?

Political Hack
12-31-2015, 01:55 PM
Bryant is a stud. I think he's a big reason our secondary will be better overall.

somebodyshotmypaw
12-31-2015, 01:59 PM
I'm not really down on Cleveland. Kid was a last minute class filler after Tee.

Tolando Cleveland was signed in February of 2013. Tee was February of 2014.

somebodyshotmypaw
12-31-2015, 02:01 PM
Bryant is a stud. I think he's a big reason our secondary will be better overall.

This is our hope. Calhoun and Redmond are big losses at corner. But the improvement of McLaurin, Peters, and Bryant could make our safeties much improved from this season. Hopefully an improvement at safety will offset the step back we will take at corner. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Political Hack
12-31-2015, 02:10 PM
This is our hope. Calhoun and Redmond are big losses at corner. But the improvement of McLaurin, Peters, and Bryant could make our safeties much improved from this season. Hopefully an improvement at safety will offset the step back we will take at corner. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I think the play at CB next year > play at safety early this year.

Leroy Jenkins
12-31-2015, 02:16 PM
What happened?

IIRC Rosie was saying Bryant didnt have a commitable offer or something along those lines in the weeks leading up to signing day.

engie
12-31-2015, 02:44 PM
Rosie said we pulled his offer for going on an unofficial visit to OM after he told us forever he wasn't gonna visit. Was a really questionable and bad deal that Rosie naturally didn't back away from. Cleveland was the replacement for Mackensie Alexander who is about to go in the first round...

Leroy Jenkins
12-31-2015, 02:47 PM
Rosie said we pulled his offer for going on an unofficial visit to OM after he told us forever he wasn't gonna visit. Was a really questionable and bad deal that Rosie naturally didn't back away from. Cleveland was the replacement for Mackensie Alexander who is about to go in the first round...

Yes, that was it.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-31-2015, 02:49 PM

USM not OM

Political Hack
12-31-2015, 03:03 PM
USM not OM

Remember now, but had forgot about that. Wow. Losing Bryant to USM because we didn't want him visiting some girl on a free weekend down there would've been terrible.

JDog13
12-31-2015, 06:58 PM

Whoever it was it was a signing day deal

maroonmania
12-31-2015, 08:00 PM

Yep, and we flipped Tolando from Georgia Tech. Its not like we pulled him away from ULL or somebody like that.

GreenheadDawg
12-31-2015, 08:42 PM
Yep, and we flipped Tolando from Georgia Tech. Its not like we pulled him away from ULL or somebody like that.

Yeh I bet they are beating theirselves up over that **

Todd4State
12-31-2015, 08:48 PM

It was a visit to USM.

Nevermind message board posting fail on my part.

PassInterference
12-31-2015, 08:48 PM
All I know is Bryant is a baller and I'm excited to see him play next year.

maroonmania
12-31-2015, 09:12 PM
Yeh I bet they are beating theirselves up over that **

Point was he was not a "class filler" grabbed at the last minute that didn't have other P5 school options.

BankerDog
12-31-2015, 09:22 PM
It was a visit to USM.

Nevermind message board posting fail on my part.

That's happened to you a lot lately hasn't it? Maybe you should just stick to talking about what you know best..the Famous Maroon Band.

thedawg
12-31-2015, 09:24 PM
We had Tolando Cleveland as our highest rated corner on our board coming out of the summer.. We wanted him bad and he went home and committed to Georgia Tech.. Then a few days before signing day he called us and asked if he still had a spot because something happened that turned him off with Georgia Tech.. We had just lost the kid to Clemson so we took him