PDA

View Full Version : 1. Win the Bowl Game (Check!) & 2. Finish Strong in Recruiting

SDDawg
12-30-2015, 11:09 PM
As a fan base, we've asked Dan to do two things following the debacle at the end of November. Win the bowl game and finish strong on NSD. #1 is now in the books, #2 is up to Dan and his work ethic over the next 5 weeks. We have a shot to close with one of our strongest classes of the past decade, including 4 - 5 additional 4-Star players (at least one of whom is really a 5-star in disguise). We have multiple recruits that we're effectively competing with against top 10 national programs. It was *NOT* the season that many of us wanted, but we're on track to finish well and move into 2016 on the right footing.

Hail State, keep working your tail off Dan.

Dawg496
12-30-2015, 11:14 PM
Now that it's time to kick it into recruiting gear, can one of the recruitniks give us the highly rated players we are after and which ones we are feeling good about? Hopefully some OL/DL names are on that list.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
12-30-2015, 11:18 PM
Now that it's time to kick it into recruiting gear, can one of the recruitniks give us the highly rated players we are after and which ones we are feeling good about? Hopefully some OL/DL names are on that list.

I don't have inside knowledge on the confidence, but there is a stickied thread at the top that has all of our commits with possible candidates. Unfortunately that list is shrinking, so hopefully we will close out on the in state guys that we have a good shot at.

Boya
12-30-2015, 11:23 PM

OL Scott Lashley high 4*
DL Jeffery Simmons high 4*
WR AJ Brown 5* (for some reason sites have him as a 4*)

These 3 are elite impact guys

Alldawg
12-30-2015, 11:32 PM
OL Scott Lashley high 4*
DL Jeffery Simmons high 4*
WR AJ Brown 5* (for some reason sites have him as a 4*)

These 3 are elite impact guys

Two of the three will be immediate. Lashley will need two years to get SEC ready.

Todd4State
12-31-2015, 12:27 AM
We need to find a way to land Willie Allen from John Curtis in New Orleans. He and a guy like Derrick Brown are the kind of guys that put a program over the top. We need to flip Jeremiah Moon too.

Saltydog
12-31-2015, 12:35 AM
working their tail$ off. Some schools in this State have no morals, no boundaries and a lot of cash and they appear to be throwing it around.

SDDawg
12-31-2015, 12:45 AM
working their tail$ off. Some schools in this State have no morals, no boundaries and a lot of cash and they appear to be throwing it around.

Relentle$$ effort is not a new concept. WORK IT OUT, Dan.

Really Clark?
12-31-2015, 12:49 AM
We need to find a way to land Willie Allen from John Curtis in New Orleans. He and a guy like Derrick Brown are the kind of guys that put a program over the top. We need to flip Jeremiah Moon too.

Allen got his LSU offer. Baring them changing their minds that's where he is going. Where he has wanted to go.

BrunswickDawg
12-31-2015, 07:42 AM
FYI - Derrick Brown was the AJC Georgia Player of the Year.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-31-2015, 10:45 AM
oh yes we win the bowl game now the recruits will come flocking!!!!! YES!!! I bet if we ever reached number 1 in the nation we would have to turn away 5* recruits!! *******

SDDawg
12-31-2015, 11:11 AM
oh yes we win the bowl game now the recruits will come flocking!!!!! YES!!! I bet if we ever reached number 1 in the nation we would have to turn away 5* recruits!! *******

Chill out, Hugh.

HancockCountyDog
12-31-2015, 11:16 AM
Allen got his LSU offer. Baring them changing their minds that's where he is going. Where he has wanted to go.

Allen has looked like shit at all star game.

basedog
12-31-2015, 11:22 AM
I laugh, "Mullen can't recruit"! I believe better days are ahead as long as we are able to keep Mullen, he understands our culture and what he is up against.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-31-2015, 11:23 AM
did you miss the sarcasterisks?

Really Clark?
12-31-2015, 11:49 AM
Allen has looked like shit at all star game.

Heard that as well. Honestly I wasn't sure he was ever a take for LSU. He wanted that Georgia offer pretty bad as well but doesn't look like they will. Some worry that he hasn't really developed his senior year like most thought he would. He could bust or end up being serviceable. As hard as OL recruiting is to read players potential, his is even harder right now.

HSVDawg
12-31-2015, 12:55 PM
In all honesty, while both of your #1 and #2 happening would be ideal, the strong finish in recruiting is infinitely more important than the bowl win. As nice as it was for Dak to leave on a high note and for us to get to 9 wins, that game was relatively meaningless. And I would have said the same thing even if we lost.

basedog
12-31-2015, 01:26 PM
Anytime you get extra practice and especially the young player is a good thing.

I can't understand you saying "meaningless", pretty sure the team doesn't feel this way.

TopWaterDog
12-31-2015, 01:36 PM
He was referring more to the outcome of the game. I agree with him. The extra practices and national coverage are more important

Cabo32
12-31-2015, 01:48 PM
I've seen you mention Allen in a few posts..I haven't heard of Allen mentioning us in any of his interviews. It's difficult to get those John Curtis players to leave the state