PDA

View Full Version : Positive Thread

Bucky Dog
12-30-2015, 10:57 PM
That bowl win, along with the excitement and desire shown by our team and coaching staff was HUGE! We finished 9-4 guys and we have the momentum now headed into the off season. Not to make this an us against OM thread, but if they lose, we end up with the exact same record, with their best recruiting class in the whole wide world!!***

Anyway, I think we are all over the loss to OM, Dan putting his name out there to check his value, and I truly believe we are about to close strong in recruiting and be ready for a strong 2016. Dan is a business man and sometimes he is an asshole. But I have learned through counseling that sometimes you have to be an asshole and that's OK as a leader. As long as your people know you have their best interest at heart, and Dan does, they respect you in the end.

Join with me State fans and do not get caught up in the recruiting BS and speak positive about State. We will land at least 3 and probably 4 of the top 6 uncommitted MS recruits.

Hail State!

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
12-30-2015, 11:21 PM
The players don't seem to hold anything against him. They came out inspired and several went straight to Mullen after the game. Maybe we should ignore some of the outside noise.

Todd4State
12-31-2015, 12:33 AM
Time will tell if Dan and MSU learn from their mistakes in November with regards to how Dan handled the coaching change rumors.

If Dan makes a few tweaks we could/should get to the next level. If he doesn't it's going to cause more frustration and disappointment from our fans.

CJDAWG85
12-31-2015, 12:48 AM
The biggest thing is finishing the year strong and not losing 3 of the last 4 again. 19 wins in 2 years is huge for the program.

AROB44
12-31-2015, 08:39 AM
Time will tell if Dan and MSU learn from their mistakes in November with regards to how Dan handled the coaching change rumors.

If Dan makes a few tweaks we could/should get to the next level. If he doesn't it's going to cause more frustration and disappointment from our fans.

From certain fans.....which are in the extreme minority.

FISHDAWG
12-31-2015, 09:02 AM
That bowl win, along with the excitement and desire shown by our team and coaching staff was HUGE! We finished 9-4 guys and we have the momentum now headed into the off season. Not to make this an us against OM thread, but if they lose, we end up with the exact same record, with their best recruiting class in the whole wide world!!***

Anyway, I think we are all over the loss to OM, Dan putting his name out there to check his value, and I truly believe we are about to close strong in recruiting and be ready for a strong 2016. Dan is a business man and sometimes he is an asshole. But I have learned through counseling that sometimes you have to be an asshole and that's OK as a leader. As long as your people know you have their best interest at heart, and Dan does, they respect you in the end.

Join with me State fans and do not get caught up in the recruiting BS and speak positive about State. We will land at least 3 and probably 4 of the top 6 uncommitted MS recruits.

Hail State!

at the time the question was - Who was he going to lead ? .... and because of that we (and future recruits) will have to ponder this question for the next several seasons ....... doesn't sound like a leader to me

Reason2succeed
12-31-2015, 09:11 AM
Coaching is a profession where job security simply doesn't exist. You have to get while the getting is good. You also have to make your current employer and fans appreciate you. The same people who think Mullen sucks are the same ones who are mad he interviewed with another program. Where's the logic in that? Mullen is by far the best coach we've had in recent history and it's really not even close.

basedog
12-31-2015, 09:42 AM

Hate to inform you Todd but you are out of touch. Dan has taken us to another level, one that we have never seen. The sky is the limit and we shall see. You are in a small minority group about Dan. Just remember we just won. he know has won 4 out of 6 bowl games, 6 straight bowls. Your agenda needs to be adjusted.

Bucky Dog
12-31-2015, 09:47 AM
I agree too that Dan has taken us to another level and that is the point of the thread. 19 wins in back to back seasons. Unprecedented. Lets don't make this about Dan and what hi should have done or did, but just saying I thought the players as well responded to and respect him. He is all business and I want our fans to get behind it completely and be positive and finish strong in recruiting.

BrunswickDawg
12-31-2015, 09:54 AM
I agree too that Dan has taken us to another level and that is the point of the thread. 19 wins in back to back seasons. Unprecedented. Lets don't make this about Dan and what hi should have done or did, but just saying I thought the players as well responded to and respect him. He is all business and I want our fans to get behind it completely and be positive and finish strong in recruiting.

And our Senior Class leaves with a record of 34-15 - most wins since the c/o 1942.

Percho
12-31-2015, 11:38 AM
And our Senior Class leaves with a record of 34-15 - most wins since the c/o 1942.

That is 73 years. I know, I just had a birthday. And that is a long, long time, relative to f o o t b a l l.

Percho
12-31-2015, 11:39 AM
That is 73 years. I know I just had a birthday. And that is a long, long time relative to f o o t b a l l.

I guess I should have said, that is a lifetime.

BulldogDX55
12-31-2015, 11:52 AM

34-18

engie
12-31-2015, 12:06 PM
We started 5 seniors yesterday total. We've got a lot more coming back than some of our own fans want us to believe...

Johnson85
12-31-2015, 12:15 PM
We started 5 seniors yesterday total. We've got a lot more coming back than some of our own fans want us to believe...

I don't think people are worried about the number of seniors we're losing as much as the playmakers we're losing. Calhoun, Dak, Redmond, and Jones are all important playmakers for us. Bear is a playmaker if he goes, although that is one player we can probably best replace although the loss will still hurt. Malone is not exactly a playmaker, but he's a competent lineman, which we're short on, and he's also one that can play anywhere on the line.

Overall, our talent should be the same or better next year, it's just not clear we'll be as good of a team. RB's have to improve (don't they?), Safeties have to improve (again, don't they?), WR will be good, LB will be good, DE will be solid. But we'll be a good bit worse at CB, we'll be worse at DT, we lost our best OL from a unit that was already cripplingly bad, and we lost a QB that could mask some of the deficiencies on the OL.
If our QB and CBs take significant steps back and our OLine stays the same, that will be devastating even if we improve significantly everywhere else.

mstatefan91
12-31-2015, 12:25 PM
The players bought in for the bowl game. They wanted it bad after the egg bowl and with the orange bowl from last year. Wish we were getting some of these players another year (Redmond especially and Dak), but time for some new blood to take the reins.

JDog13
12-31-2015, 01:15 PM
We were worried about CB after Banks and Slay. Calhoun and Redmond were great. We'll be fine.

Jack Lambert
12-31-2015, 01:31 PM
Coaching is a profession where job security simply doesn't exist. You have to get while the getting is good. You also have to make your current employer and fans appreciate you. The same people who think Mullen sucks are the same ones who are mad he interviewed with another program. Where's the logic in that? Mullen is by far the best coach we've had in recent history and it's really not even close.

I am friends with one of our former Strength coach and he told me there are two types of coaches. Those who have been fired and those who are going to be fired.

Jack Lambert
12-31-2015, 01:32 PM
The players bought in for the bowl game. They wanted it bad after the egg bowl and with the orange bowl from last year. Wish we were getting some of these players another year (Redmond especially and Dak), but time for some new blood to take the reins.

The announcers said yesterday that on the two deep depth chart on defense we only had one senior. I looked and I think he was right. I know you can throw CJ in there. He is just like a Senior.

Johnson85
12-31-2015, 01:48 PM
We were worried about CB after Banks and Slay. Calhoun and Redmond were great. We'll be fine.

Who is the Redmond and Calhoun on our roster now? Not saying they don't exist, just saying I'm not sure we have them.

Also, the drop off was less noticeable because we did such a god awful job of utilizing Banks and Slay. Had we utilized them to their potential, we would have missed the hell out of them the next year even as Redmond and calhoun played pretty well.

basedog
12-31-2015, 01:55 PM
Young players usually improve especially when they know it's there time. Players come on go, we have some good young talent, someone will emerge.

JDog13
12-31-2015, 07:03 PM
Who is the Redmond and Calhoun on our roster now? Not saying they don't exist, just saying I'm not sure we have them.

Also, the drop off was less noticeable because we did such a god awful job of utilizing Banks and Slay. Had we utilized them to their potential, we would have missed the hell out of them the next year even as Redmond and calhoun played pretty well.

We didn't know Calhoun was gonna be good. We didn't know when Redmond would see the field. We have several talented cb's that will show up at spring practice. They've just been waiting

engie
12-31-2015, 07:08 PM
We didn't know Calhoun was gonna be good. We didn't know when Redmond would see the field. We have several talented cb's that will show up at spring practice. They've just been waiting

Was obvious pretty early Calhoun was coming. It's less obvious in this cycle just because the "next man up" isn't a Calhoun -- it's a Cleveland.

Smitherman is our next great corner IMO...