PDA

View Full Version : Michael Bonner talks trash about Donald Gray, Donald Gray responds quickly

TheRef
12-30-2015, 08:32 PM
https://i.gyazo.com/70d4d59052f022e11122282baa685fd7.png

https://twitter.com/MikeBBonner/status/682302211213406208

CadaverDawg
12-30-2015, 08:33 PM
Bonner and his bullshit backhanded compliments. He's a dick

BrunswickDawg
12-30-2015, 08:33 PM
What an ass. We seriously need to yank his credentials.

Jacksondevildog
12-30-2015, 08:34 PM
Well, honestly, Bonner isn't wrong by tweeting that. If Donald Gray ever wants to play at the next level, he will need to handle criticism. This is the day and age that we live in. Beat writers tweet play by play, as well as commentary on the play, nationwide. I don't really see anything wrong with that.

bulldawg28
12-30-2015, 08:39 PM
Gray is a lot nicer than I would have been to him.

CadaverDawg
12-30-2015, 08:42 PM
Well, honestly, Bonner isn't wrong by tweeting that. If Donald Gray ever wants to play at the next level, he will need to handle criticism. This is the day and age that we live in. Beat writers tweet play by play, as well as commentary on the play, nationwide. I don't really see anything wrong with that.

Our own Beat writer shouldn't be the one doing it though. That's the issue...not the criticism, but who was doing it. Bonner needs to know his damn role or GTFO

Jacksondevildog
12-30-2015, 08:46 PM
I understand what you are saying, but I follow most SEC beat writers on twitter, and they say the same type of things. We get defensive when it's one of our own. David Murray is sarcastic as hell on twitter, and he's been covering us since Noah walked the earth. No credentials pulled. Bonner is an internet reporter. That's what the CL is slowly becoming. I'll be interested to see if he apologizes.
Our own Beat writer shouldn't be the one doing it though. That's the issue...not the criticism, but who was doing it. Bonner needs to know his damn role or GTFO

Rayburn8
12-30-2015, 08:52 PM

Lol what? What is his "damn role" then?

He is not paid by the university. He is paid to give an unbiased view of MSU football by the Clarion-Ledger. Does that mean he is always unbiased? No. He does a pretty good job for what he is asked to do. He does lean negative though, but that is the same with most beat writers.

I don't understand why people on here act like beat writers are paid by and are there to serve the university. They don't have the team's best interest in mind. They have "how many clicks can I get" in mind. However, the two generally happen to mean the same thing. But when you all fling to his negative stuff. It shows he can be negative and still get clicks as well.

Jacksondevildog
12-30-2015, 08:55 PM
THIS>>>

He is not paid by the university. He is paid to give an unbiased view of MSU football by the Clarion-Ledger. Does that me he is always unbaised? No. He does a pretty good job for what he is asked to do. He does lean negative though but that is the same with most beat writers.

I don't understand why people on here act like beat writers are paid by and are there to serve the university. They don't have the team's best interest in mind. They have "how many clicks can I get" in mind. However, the two generally happen to mean the same thing. But when you all fling to his negative stuff. It shows he can be negative and still get clicks as well.

bluelightstar
12-30-2015, 08:55 PM
It's a petty reply by Gray, and funny that our fans think it's the type of thing Bonner shouldn't tweet.

Jacksondevildog
12-30-2015, 08:56 PM
THIS>>>
It's a petty reply by Gray, and funny that our fans think it's the type of thing Bonner shouldn't tweet.

HailState39110
12-30-2015, 09:04 PM
Most beat writers have that dry sense of humor angle when tweeting . Nothing wrong with the comment by Bonner . Also nothing wrong with Gray defending himself . Carry on

mic
12-30-2015, 10:44 PM
So remind me what key drops did Gray have this year ???
**** that piece of shit Bonner and if u defend him ur a ****ing POS as well....

mparkerfd20
12-30-2015, 10:50 PM
**** that piece of shit Bonner and if u defend him ur ****ing POS as well....

^^^^^^This all day

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
12-30-2015, 11:22 PM
**** that piece of shit Bomner and if u defend him ur ****ing POS as well....

Yep

smootness
12-30-2015, 11:22 PM

I don't really have a big problem with the comment from Bonner, but I don't have a problem with Gray's reply, either.

What easy balls has he dropped? If you're going to make that comment where Gray can see it, you better be able to back it up.

Thompson92
12-30-2015, 11:28 PM
Someone should go through his articles and point out all of the grammar mistakes, awkward wording, and bizarre paragraph ordering. It would not be difficult to find examples.

LC Dawg
12-30-2015, 11:30 PM
I don't see why it's petty for Gray to defend himself. The guy said Gray can't make easy catches. This isn't some random writer. It's a guy that Gray sees all the time because he's our beat writer. And he wasn't being an unbiased reporter he was being a dick.

Really Clark?
12-30-2015, 11:34 PM
Someone should go through his articles and point out all of the grammar mistakes, awkward wording, and bizarre paragraph ordering. It would not be difficult to find examples.

We don't have to go through all of them. Just repost the Arkansas game article giving them the win before the game was finished.

Leroy Jenkins
12-30-2015, 11:39 PM

You will not need to search very hard...

‏@MikeBBonner Mullen said the day before practice is usually quite. He got on them yesterday. Made sure MSU was ready.

GreenheadDawg
12-30-2015, 11:47 PM

I fail to see how it is petty. It's a simple question that Bonner should answer if he wants to throw around comments like that

JoseBrown
12-31-2015, 12:03 AM

Well stated!

DancingRabbit
12-31-2015, 12:05 AM
Nothing wrong with Gray's reply. Bonner's not the worst - that's about all I can say for him.

sleepy dawg
12-31-2015, 12:07 AM

Agreed. You can say he's doing his job if you want, but as a fan of the team he covers, f*ck that guy. He's just making up sh*t to make our players look bad for no reason. I have no tolerance for that, and neither should any of you.

Todd4State
12-31-2015, 12:10 AM
I'm glad Gray called him out and I like how he did it. And how does Bonner know what an easy catch is? There was a YouTube video of regular people trying to catch passes from a now retired Warren Moon and I guarantee you that the people that participated had a new appreciation for wide receivers. And the regular Joe's didn't have someone trying to kill them while they were catching the ball.

mstatefan91
12-31-2015, 12:13 AM
I think what Bonner was saying is that Gray needs to do a better job of getting open so he can have easy balls to catch. It was a shitty way of saying it, but that's how I took it.

Todd4State
12-31-2015, 12:20 AM
I think what Bonner was saying is that Gray needs to do a better job of getting open so he can have easy balls to catch. It was a shitty way of saying it, but that's how I took it.

Which is why he needs to be in the slot most of the time. It's going to be easier for Gray to get match up advantages from there as opposed to the outside where he is always going up guys about as fast but taller. Gray would kill safeties and linebackers though.

DancingRabbit
12-31-2015, 12:37 AM

I think a writer should know how to write what he wants to say.

mstatefan91
12-31-2015, 12:39 AM
I think a writer should know how to write what he wants to say.

I said he said it shitty... but agreed

JDog13
12-31-2015, 12:44 AM
If you say beat writers don't work for our school, tell Blevins that. What about Pauling that deletes tweets constantly? Blevins didn't. Bonner, Marcello, Killinburgers, Veazy, none of them deleted tweets. Post Blevins, Pauling deletes them quite often.

DancingRabbit
12-31-2015, 12:58 AM
I said he said it shitty... but agreed

Wasn't calling you out or anything. And it sounds like he's saying Gray's got the drop-sies.

Just venting about Bonner. I've defended him in the past, but lately he's been getting on my nerves. Wouldn't bother me if he got a promotion to Chicago.

mstatefan91
12-31-2015, 01:04 AM
Wasn't calling you out or anything. And it sounds like he's saying Gray's got the drop-sies.

Just venting about Bonner. I've defended him in the past, but lately he's been getting on my nerves. Wouldn't bother me if he got a promotion to Chicago.

You're good. He annoys the shit out of me too. Especially when he gets butt hurt when Dan shuts him down on injury questions. Now he goes out of his way to report injuries such as Clayborn

CadaverDawg
12-31-2015, 01:38 AM
Yep, **** Bonner...and all u guys defending him suck. I didn't say the school pays him....but Ole Miss didn't pay Blevins either but they ran his ass out of town when he went against the team he was Beat for. Bonner needs to realize that his ROLE is to be MSU's beat, and that if he wants to always have a negative slant & always follow every compliment with a back handed compliment, he can be run out of town too.

Kudos to Gray for calling his ass out. It's time for everyone associated with MSU to pull in the same direction & defend our own, so if Bonner wants to be the ray of bullshit in every positive situation, **** him...we'll stampede his irrelevant ass & all his grammatical errors on our way to bigger & better things for MSU. Everyone else trains their media how to protect them, & I know damn well nobody's gonna do it for us....so step up & quit defending the ones that knock MSU, & quit worrying about being so damn politically correct, & stick up for our guys. Bonner can start realizing where his bread is buttered, or get the **** out, imo.

Hail Damn State

Rayburn8
12-31-2015, 02:32 AM
Yep, **** Bonner...and all u guys defending him suck. I didn't say the school pays him....but Ole Miss didn't pay Blevins either but they ran his ass out of town when he went against the team he was Beat for. Bonner needs to realize that his ROLE is to be MSU's beat, and that if he wants to always have a negative slant & always follow every compliment with a back handed compliment, he can be run out of town too.

Kudos to Gray for calling his ass out. It's time for everyone associated with MSU to pull in the same direction & defend our own, so if Bonner wants to be the ray of bullshit in every positive situation, **** him...we'll stampede his irrelevant ass & all his grammatical errors on our way to bigger & better things for MSU. Everyone else trains their media how to protect them, & I know damn well nobody's gonna do it for us....so step up & quit defending the ones that knock MSU, & quit worrying about being so damn politically correct, & stick up for our guys. Bonner can start realizing where his bread is buttered, or get the **** out, imo.

Hail Damn State

Lol. I know the actually reason Blevins left town and it was far from this. It was a rather simple reason that happens all the time to people of all walks of life and jobs. Hell, people on this board have probably left jobs for the reason. It had absolutely nothing to do with that story or Ole Miss. That was just a coincidence.

Rayburn8
12-31-2015, 02:40 AM

Hail Damn State

That is not their jobs. That is more so the jobs of beat writers who run sites like Rivals and 24/7. It is up to them to defend players in the media. For newspaper writers it is a completely stroy. Bonner writes plenty of positive MSU stuff as well. But no one on here notices it because they don't want to. They only want to point out the negative (Which he does lean negative) and hate on it because it is the cool thing to do. People need to get over the fact that beat writers for NEWSPAPERS are not fans. Writers for sites like Scout.com and 24/7.com are, there you would have a legitamte arguement but not when it comes to newspaper guys. So yes Yancy should do what he does, just as Paul, Robbie, and Rosebowl do the same for us. That is their role in the media, not the newspaper writers.

Mutt the Hoople
12-31-2015, 08:44 AM

He is not paid by the university. He is paid to give an unbiased view of MSU football by the Clarion-Ledger. Does that mean he is always unbiased? No. He does a pretty good job for what he is asked to do. He does lean negative though, but that is the same with most beat writers.

All sports is, is entertainment. Dan Bonner needs to remember that he's NOT a journalist...he's an entertainment writer. If he wants to entertain his audience, he needs to remember his place. If he wants to actually be a journalist, he needs to go to Jackson or Washington, DC and report on the shenanigans going on among our government officials.

dawgoneyall
12-31-2015, 09:12 AM
Sometimes one should just stare stupid in the face and say nothing.