PDA

View Full Version : Dakota Prescott finishes today as Mississippi's greatest College QB in history

Coach34
12-30-2015, 07:33 PM
25 wins at QB (Eli had 24 and Archie even less)
4th All-time in SEC Touchdowns
2 bowl wins
2 time 1st team All-SEC QB
Received Heisman votes
9,276 Passing yards
70 TD passes
41 rushing TD's (one of only 3 QB's in history with 10+ TD's rushing 3 straight years)
Over 2,500 yards rushing
4 Receiving TD's

It's not even close at this point

Well done Dakota. Thanks for all you did.

THE Bruce Dickinson
12-30-2015, 07:40 PM
No Way. Archie. Best EVER!!! How can you beat those 31 TDs and 40 Picks! ***

MetEdDawg
12-30-2015, 07:43 PM
It's ridiculous when you quantify it like that. Amazing what he's done.

Here's what's crazy. Fitz will have every opportunity to do better. I'm not sure we ever thought Dak could do what he did. But I think having seen Fitz's body of work he could do better because he will have potentially an extra year starting. It will be hard to capture what Dak has, but he's given us at least a template of what a successful MSU QB must do and Fitz fits that for sure.

But back to Dak. He is the kind of player that our type of program rarely gets. Let's not ever forget that and what he has meant to us. His legacy should be in all of us to go out there and do whatever we can to elevate MSU to one of the premiere programs in the country. He proved it can be done. If we can rally behind that and move ourselves forward, we will continue to be a successful program.

Leroy Jenkins
12-30-2015, 07:44 PM
Alert Rick Cleveland and put Dak in the MS HOF as "Best College QB in MS History".

Favre is best overall Dak is better in college.

msstate7
12-30-2015, 07:45 PM
It's ridiculous when you quantify it like that. Amazing what he's done.

Here's what's crazy. Fitz will have every opportunity to do better. I'm not sure we ever thought Dak could do what he did. But I think having seen Fitz's body of work he could do better because he will have potentially an extra year starting. It will be hard to capture what Dak has, but he's given us at least a template of what a successful MSU QB must do and Firz fits that for sure.

But back to Dak. He is the kind of player that our type of program rarely gets. Let's not ever forget that and what he has meant to us. His legacy should be in all of us to go out there and do whatever we can to elevate MSU to one of the premiere programs in the country. He proved it can be done. If we can rally behind that and move ourselves forward, we will continue to be a successful program.

Ruling out Staley already?

Valyrian Steel
12-30-2015, 07:48 PM
McNair is right there w/ Dak.

MetEdDawg
12-30-2015, 07:50 PM
I think there will be a QB battle but Fitz has almost a full year over Staley in terms of practice. That will show in terms of consistency. Hell we may go 2 QB for a while. But having seen Dan and his personnel decisions, I think Fitz will get the nod unless he's injured.

Coach34
12-30-2015, 07:52 PM
McNair is right there w/ Dak.

Yeah- but Dakota gets the nod for playing in the SEC- while McNair played in the SWAC

PassInterference
12-30-2015, 07:52 PM
Fitz and Staley have a higher starting point.

In the future I hope we can run the football and not rely on the air raid.

ScoobaDawg
12-30-2015, 07:54 PM
It's simple.... Fitz and others following him have the potential to elevate on Dak's mark.
But Dak did it first. Dak set the marks on the field (more so off the field though....) and raised the bar.
QB's are now relevant and known at MSU for the first time in a LONNG LOOONG time.
Offense is now part of MSU, not dominating defenses....

Words can't sum up what that young man means to MSU fans... and I wish him nothing but the biggest success, and wherever he gets drafted...all of us will be big fans following.

God Bless that Man.... He is Family. The whole team is family. and everyone will always have their backs.

msstate7
12-30-2015, 07:54 PM
Fitz and Staley have a higher starting point.

In the future I hope we can run the football and not rely on the air raid.

Don't listen to him, AJ... Its air raid from here out haha

grinnindawg
12-30-2015, 08:02 PM
And he did all that not starting for 4 years.

mic
12-30-2015, 08:18 PM
Dak is arguable the greatest "college player" to ever play in Mississippi....
So ****ing deal with that UMiss...

Political Hack
12-30-2015, 08:23 PM
Top 2 are Dak and McNair. I'm not sure anyone else is really close.

Goldendawg
12-30-2015, 08:36 PM
Hard for an UM QB to get those type stats today. Don't forget they seem to transfer in with only two yrs eligibility left.

CadaverDawg
12-30-2015, 08:40 PM
Agreed, Coach...Greatest MS QB ever. Thanks Dak

Goldendawg
12-30-2015, 08:46 PM
I remember when my Dad used to carry me to Jackson and Starkville to see Tommy Pharr throw to Sammy Milner and David Smith. For a QB to throw for 1000 yds in a season seemed great. Thank you Dak for all you've done for MSU on and off the field. You will represent us well in the NFL as a QB and even more as a great role model when so many in today's world refuse or forget that responsibility.

RealHastings
12-30-2015, 09:35 PM
100% agree and it's not even debatable. Dak has been a special, special player. He will be greatly missed.

TUSK
12-30-2015, 10:18 PM
AJ McCarron... 3 rings, and all...

oh, ***

blacklistedbully
12-30-2015, 10:27 PM

oh, ***

You've also got some bench-warmers with 3 rings. They the best ever at their respective positions too?

Tbonewannabe
12-31-2015, 12:03 AM

oh, ***
Hell, I could have gotten at least one ring and I have never played QB except in flag football.

DancingRabbit
12-31-2015, 12:14 AM

oh, ***

I hope y'all win it all so Nick can go to the Colts with a clean conscious.

TUSK
12-31-2015, 12:33 AM
I hope y'all win it all so Nick can go to the Colts with a clean conscious.

Mullin to Bammer?

TUSK
12-31-2015, 12:35 AM
You've also got some bench-warmers with 3 rings. They the best ever at their respective positions too?

not on this team...

AJ was just fortunate in his timing, RS year and ridiculous talent/coaching...

CJDAWG85
12-31-2015, 12:38 AM
NCST fans said after the game that they knew Dak was good, but they were blown away watching him live.

DancingRabbit
12-31-2015, 12:39 AM
Mullin to Bammer?

Y'all don't want him. He can't beat UMiss.

Oh wait ...

SDDawg
12-31-2015, 12:49 AM
McCarron was good, but had the all-time greatest situation that he walked into. Dak was an unlikely RS-So starter with a ton of adversity to start his career, but he kept growing through it. He ain't perfect, but he's the best MS has ever seen at the college level and it really isn't close. Hoping Dan will invest another 3 - 5 years to get the next guy up to this level. He has a guy at this level every 3 years so I expect him to do it again.

mstatefan91
12-31-2015, 12:52 AM
shhhhhhhhh, don't tell Bafoom that...

Swag Kelly is da greatest evahhhhh. They will recruit themselves into the playoff... Wait....

JoseBrown
12-31-2015, 01:42 AM
2 bowl wins
Received Heisman votes
9,276 Passing yards
70 TD passes
41 rushing TD's (one of only 3 QB's in history with 10+ TD's rushing 3 straight years)
Over 2,500 yards rushing
4 Receiving TD's

I'll have to give you credit man, you called this one. When you first posted about our QB of the future being some kid named Prescott in LA, I never imagined what he would actually do here. I'm sure you didn't either, but when you made those initial comments I was excited... But Wow! What a career!

Thank you Dak! It has been a pleasure watching you take us to the promised land, if for only 5 weeks. I will be a fan of any NFL team he may make!

My father-in-law, some on this board I'm sure know, was the biggest State fan alive. Son played at State, grandson should be at State now, lived to see us reach number 1 in the nation. Then he rode of quietly into the sunset.

Coach34
12-31-2015, 07:47 AM
I'll have to give you credit man, you called this one. When you first posted about our QB of the future being some kid named Prescott in LA, I never imagined what he would actually do here. I'm sure you didn't either, but when you made those initial comments I was excited... But Wow! What a career!.

He exceeded what I thought he could do running the ball. And of course, there was no way to tell of his intangibles. His drive, leadership, dynamic personality in being the face of our football team has been outstanding. Hate to see him go

Percho
12-31-2015, 11:46 AM
Maybe he will be drafted by the Chargers and traded to the Giants.

FISHDAWG
12-31-2015, 12:00 PM
2 bowl wins
Received Heisman votes
9,276 Passing yards
70 TD passes
Over 2,500 yards rushing
4 Receiving TD's

I'll admit - for all the crap myself and others have given you about your predictions this one was def spot on

Bullybaroo
12-31-2015, 12:01 PM
Sorry guys, the best college QB of all time in Mississippi if you are looking at stats is Willie Totten, but given a choice I would have taken Dak. I'm glad he came to play for us, hate to see him leave, but wish him all the future success at the next level. What a career here that we were all witness to.

Coach34
12-31-2015, 12:06 PM
Sorry guys, the best college QB of all time in Mississippi if you are looking at stats is Willie Totten, but given a choice I would have taken Dak. I'm glad he came to play for us, hate to see him leave, but wish him all the future success at the next level. What a career here that we were all witness to.

SWAC gets auto eliminated- its not even good 1-AA ball

FISHDAWG
12-31-2015, 12:09 PM

oh, ***

leave it to this prick to screw up a thread about saying thanks to Dak .... nobody here gives a damn about AJ McCarron

tireddawg
12-31-2015, 02:14 PM
leave it to this prick to screw up a thread about saying thanks to Dak .... nobody here gives a damn about AJ McCarron

Yeah Tusk, I won't go as far as calling you a prick, but this is 1 thread you should've stayed out of.

LC Dawg
12-31-2015, 02:41 PM

Totten was throwing to the greatest receiver in the history of organized football and he was doing it against SWAC competition. It's not even a close competition between him and Dak.

mic
12-31-2015, 03:00 PM
Yeah Tusk, I won't go as far as calling you a prick, but this is 1 thread you should've stayed out of.

I will...
What's funny is for ALL the "greatness" Bama has had ..
The 2 best COLLEGE football PLAYERS to play college football in the state of Alabama are both from Aub.. Bo Jackson and Cam...