12-30-2015, 07:29 PM
1. Who will be my new 2nd favorite team to the saints? Maybe dak goes to nola

2. Which juniors leave?

3. Staley or fitz?

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
12-30-2015, 08:05 PM
1. Dak to Nola would be awesome.

2. I don't know

3. I don't know but Fitz is leading right now.

Jack Lambert
12-30-2015, 08:09 PM
the fact that Fitz played the most I would have to think him but then there is Williams.

MetEdDawg
12-30-2015, 08:43 PM
the fact that Fitz played the most I would have to think him but then there is Williams.

If Williams is in the mix I'll go down and beat Mullen myself. He looked abysmal in his mop up duty with a better OL than Fitz had and Fitz torched teams when he got to use the non running portion of the playbook. Thank Williams for what he contributed but I'll be stunned if he's a legit possibility at QB next year.

Bucky Dog
12-30-2015, 09:09 PM
Jury Jones SHOULD draft Dakota if he is available on the late second round. I really think Dak will be a very good and underrated pick in the 3rd or 4th round and have a good career. Cowboys or Saints would be perfect for him and me.

Dawg496
12-30-2015, 09:10 PM
Oh man please let Dak come to the Big D.

Mutt the Hoople
12-30-2015, 09:14 PM
http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Devin+Street+Baltimore+Ravens+v+Dallas+Cowboys+xTp _nQ9Q72Sl.jpg

Coach34
12-30-2015, 09:22 PM
Hughes is trying to get Williams to Jackson State to be their QB

somebodyshotmypaw
12-30-2015, 09:23 PM
Williams is not going to be the guy. It's Fitz and Staley with Fitz holding the big edge. Williams will not be the starter (barring unforeseen injuries).

somebodyshotmypaw
12-30-2015, 09:24 PM

That would be great for both Hughes and Williams.

ShotgunDawg
12-30-2015, 09:24 PM

Would be a great move for both.

Would give Williams a chance to start for two years, & give Hughes a QB that already knows the offense that I'm sure he'll implement. Williams could also play right away I believe

Only question is: Does Williams want to attend Jackson State?

HancockCountyDog
12-30-2015, 09:26 PM

Man, that makes a ton of sense for both, any chance Shump joins them? He would kill the SWAC.

ShotgunDawg
12-30-2015, 09:27 PM
1. Who will be my new 2nd favorite team to the saints? Cowboys, Jets, or Carolina drafts him to back up Cam for a few years. Similar skill set as Cam, so would be a great backup for him.

2. Which juniors leave? Jones. I think that's it.

3. Staley or fitz? You guys know good and damn well that Mullen will play both. Leake & Tebow, Russell & Prescott, Relf & Lee, yada yada yada. I think Fitz will start but I expect Staley to play often.

RealHastings
12-30-2015, 09:29 PM
Honestly, I hope he goes. Great fit for him and the school. I appreciate what he has done here but no chance he is our guy next year. Best of luck to Williams.

Coach34
12-30-2015, 09:34 PM
Man, that makes a ton of sense for both, any chance Shump joins them? He would kill the SWAC.

If I'm Shump- I'm begging for a move to LB/SS to have a shot at playing

Really Clark?
12-30-2015, 09:36 PM
By red shirting this year, we really helped Williams keep eligibility years and him moving on after the season was the thought process for him. He really handled the situation very well and I have a lot of respect for him. Like Milton I will always consider him a dawg.

msstate7
12-30-2015, 09:38 PM
Nothing against Jackson state, but I think Williams can do better. I think he could go to a sun belt team and play

ShotgunDawg
12-30-2015, 09:40 PM
Nothing against Jackson state, but I think Williams can do better. I think he could go to a sun belt team and play

Problem with going to a Sunbelt school is that he'd have to sit out a year because he stayed at the D1 level, and, since he used his RS this season, he'd only have 1 year to play.

By going to JSU, he could play immediately, since he's moving down a division, and play for two years.

Curious if he's close to graduating & could do a graduate transfer

msstate7
12-30-2015, 09:42 PM
Problem with going to a Sunbelt school is that he'd have to sit out a year because he stayed at the D1 level, and, since he used his RS this season, he'd only have 1 year to play.

By going to JSU, he could play immediately, since he's moving down a division, and play for two years.

Stay, graduate, and transfer to a sunbelt or CUSA team needing a qb.

ShotgunDawg
12-30-2015, 09:44 PM
Stay, graduate, and transfer to a sunbelt or CUSA team needing a qb.

Wouldn't make any sense unless he graduated in the Spring. If he's on pace to graduate next year, then he could only play next season by dropping a level

msstate7
12-30-2015, 09:49 PM
Wouldn't make any sense unless he graduated in the Spring. If he's on pace to graduate next year, then he could only play next season by dropping a level

He'd have his degree and get his shot at winning the job here. I don't think he wins it, but he's sat this long and now he's gonna get a chance to compete for the job. If he leaves now, his degree will be from Jackson state, which isn't as good as miss state. He isn't gonna have a career playing football, so take care of your livelihood first imo

EAVdog
12-30-2015, 09:51 PM
Shump can catch the ball in space/in stride so well, would make a great hybrid TE. Keep him at RB for pass blocking and catching passes out of the backfield. Not so much handing him the ball up the middle. He's got talent for days just needs to be in the right position.

somebodyshotmypaw
12-30-2015, 09:53 PM

I could see LB. I don't think he has speed and athleticism to play safety. Coman, Bryant, and Peters all got burned at times. And Shumpert ain't the athlete that those three are.

Coach34
12-30-2015, 09:58 PM
Williams would be stupid to stay- no c nance at winning the QB job- and he has to transfer 1-AA Can't sit out two years

No 1-A school is going to want him after sitting for two years- not even the Sun Belt

msstate7
12-30-2015, 10:02 PM
Williams would be stupid to stay- no c nance at winning the QB job- and he has to transfer 1-AA Can't sit out two years

No 1-A school is going to want him after sitting for two years- not even the Sun Belt

Maybe so... If I were him though, I wouldn't de-value my degree in the process

Coach34
12-30-2015, 10:26 PM
Maybe so... If I were him though, I wouldn't de-value my degree in the process

He could start at Jackson State for two years and get a masters...it's the smart move for him. If he stays- he is a career back-up that barely played

sleepy dawg
12-30-2015, 10:39 PM

This may have been discussed already, but did you notice Shump played FB on 1 play when Dak went under center? We didn't get anything out of it, but it was interesting to see. Makes me wonder if we're considering adding a FB back to our offense next year.

deltadawg99
12-30-2015, 10:51 PM
Shump to Fullback

Bothrops
12-31-2015, 01:31 AM
Shump had arguably the best run of his career tonight.

DancingRabbit
12-31-2015, 02:01 AM
Maybe Williams can get his MSU degree this spring or summer?

I'd love to see him get his MSU degree, but he's pretty much deadwood on the FB team at this point. And I do appreciate his efforts, especially at Arky in 2013.

Todd4State
12-31-2015, 02:11 AM
Maybe Williams can get his MSU degree this spring or summer?

I'd love to see him get his MSU degree, but he's pretty much deadwood on the FB team at this point. And I do appreciate his efforts, especially at Arky in 2013.

Yeah but then he would miss Jackson State's spring and/or offseason workouts.

Todd4State
12-31-2015, 02:15 AM
If I were Williams I would try to win our job next season and if I didn't win it then I would transfer to Jackson State for my last season.

That way I could get my MSU degree and have peace of mind knowing I gave being a SEC starting QB the best shot I could.

Unless Hughes finds the second coming of Steve McNair I'm sure he'll still be welcome.

Dawg61
12-31-2015, 02:22 AM
I want Williams to stay cause I'm not 100% certain Staley will.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-31-2015, 10:52 AM
and why do you say this? Are you close to the family?

Johnson85
12-31-2015, 11:01 AM
He could start at Jackson State for two years and get a masters...it's the smart move for him. If he stays- he is a career back-up that barely played

That would be a terrible move for him. An undergrad and masters from Jackson St. is not going to be as respected as an undergraduate degree from MSU. If he can't graduate this year, or he just wants to go ahead and transfer so he doesn't miss spring practice, he'd be better off going to a Div. II school that has decent respect academically. Or hell, even go Div. III and light it up at Millsaps. If you're not going to have a career and aren't going to be on TV regardless, why not go be a stud at a lower division.

basedog
12-31-2015, 11:13 AM
From what I've heard and read Williams loves Msu. I can see him staying, I think he understands he want start. I wish the best for him.

JoseBrown
12-31-2015, 11:19 AM
1. Who will be my new 2nd favorite team to the saints? Maybe dak goes to nola

2. Which juniors leave?

3. Staley or fitz?

1. I actually hope the Saints get him. Who better to learn from than Drew Brees. Then our fav QB can takeover leading our fav team.
2. Chris Jones. It's been said Bear has decided to stay, but he played yesterday like he was auditioning for the draft...
3. Fitz. Only one we've really seen. Ahead of Staley in practice time, and apparently #2 already behind Dak. Maybe the Spring will be a battle though. That'd be nice.

Dawg61
12-31-2015, 03:58 PM
and why do you say this? Are you close to the family?

No. I don't expect him to win the starting job. I wouldn't feel 100% about anyone staying that doesn't win the starting job. Staley is no different.