PDA

View Full Version : The ONLY thing I will complain about our defense is....

Thick
12-30-2015, 04:17 PM
we don't attack ball carriers. We don't initiate contact. We "catch" ball carriers. LSU last night was hitting, wrapping up, and pounding ball carriers into the ground. I've watched us for the last 2 years, and we don't run down hill to attack runners. We let the ball carrier dictate the situation. That needs to change next year.

Jack Lambert
12-30-2015, 04:32 PM
Look it's 6" of water on the field. It's hard to do what you want when you don't have good footing.

Coach34
12-30-2015, 04:36 PM
we don't attack ball carriers. We don't initiate contact. We "catch" ball carriers. LSU last night was hitting, wrapping up, and pounding ball carriers into the ground. I've watched us for the last 2 years, and we don't run down hill to attack runners. We let the ball carrier dictate the situation. That needs to change next year.

agree 100%

Thick
12-30-2015, 04:45 PM
Look it's 6" of water on the field. It's hard to do what you want when you don't have good footing.

Read my post Jack. I said for 2 years, not today, the last 2 years.

Jack Lambert
12-30-2015, 05:44 PM
Read my post Jack. I said for 2 years, not today, the last 2 years.

Your right and I am sorry.

sorrydog
12-30-2015, 06:05 PM
Totally agree. We rarely attack, but seem to do well when we DO attack.
It's always read/react, contain, bend but don't break - pick a name.
I like DOMINATE better. I hate watching our defense, for more than 2 years!
Same with the offense, when we attack we are more successful.

engie
12-30-2015, 06:26 PM
We've actually hit better tonight a few times than we have been for awhile IMO

klong-dog
12-30-2015, 06:37 PM
I agree, tonight we've actually been hitting and attacking with authority. One of our better performances in the past couple years.

BdoginLa
12-30-2015, 06:40 PM
I have been fuming about this all year but I have a different take on the the missed tackles . I believe the individual tackler is trying to be too aggressive . Time and time again we shoot past the ball carrier taking poor angles . The ball carrier only has to make small directional adjustment to make our guys miss. The most frustrating is when we do it in long yardage situation and the tackle for the loss is not necessary when simply breaking down and making the tackle would have sufficed. Also , after a few missed tackles tonight , I researched the Hawk tackling I see the mesg board saying our coaches teach . If you start dropping your head to get into this tackling position like I saw being taught in YouTube , I just don't see how the tackler can stay focused on the object . I think I know what I'm talking about , I played high school football .