PDA

View Full Version : Raise Your Kids Right

BrunswickDawg
12-30-2015, 12:09 PM
My kids are in the Glynn Academy Marching Band and left at 5:00 am for NOLA to perform in the Sugar Bowl Halftime show. My daughter just posted this on FB -

"Somewhere in the pan handle. Lunch stop is in Spanish Fort, AL. Also my request to be allowed to paint GTHOM across my face for the game has been denied."

May be the proudest I have ever been of that kid.

Dawgbite
12-30-2015, 01:14 PM
You are nominated for board parent of the year! You raised her right.

BulldogBear
12-30-2015, 01:25 PM
My kids are in the Glynn Academy Marching Band and left at 5:00 am for NOLA to perform in the Sugar Bowl Halftime show. My daughter just posted this on FB -

"Somewhere in the pan handle. Lunch stop is in Spanish Fort, AL. Also my request to be allowed to paint GTHOM across my face for the game has been denied."

Made my day!!!

Coach34
12-30-2015, 01:38 PM
Thats fantastic

Elitedawgs will buy her a present if she can slip it in, BearShark, or Ole Missus- even better Elitedawgs

scottycameron
12-30-2015, 01:49 PM

LOL! Now that's a good kid, smart too!

I hope they are eating at market by the bay, if not they missed out!

mic
12-30-2015, 01:54 PM

A GTHOM hat and tshirt is ur way if she can pull it off

BrunswickDawg
12-30-2015, 02:03 PM
A GTHOM hat and tshirt is ur way if she can pull it off

I have forwarded the challenge to her. The band director can be a real putz about such things, but she likes to push the envelope.

AROB44
12-30-2015, 03:23 PM
LOL! Now that's a good kid, smart too!

I hope they are eating at market by the bay, if not they missed out!

Hate to tell you.....they are closed this week. Too bad for your daughter.

mic
12-30-2015, 07:28 PM
I have forwarded the challenge to her. The band director can be a real putz about such things, but she likes to push the envelope.

Pm me with ur address and I will send her a tshirt anyway...
Just to even think about doin that she deserves something..

BrunswickDawg
12-30-2015, 08:00 PM
Pm me with ur address and I will send her a tshirt anyway...
Just to even think about doin that she deserves something..
Will do, and thanks. She will be thrilled. She is planning to sneak it in and send me a pic. Ill send it to you Friday (ain't no way I'm posting a pic of my teenage daughter on a message board lol).

She texted me in the 4rd quarter that she and my son were decked out in the lobby of the Hilton on the river pissing off OM fans by rooting for us with the game on TV. Can't wait for them to be in the FMB!

TheRef
12-30-2015, 08:02 PM
Will do, and thanks. She will be thrilled. She is planning to sneak it in and send me a pic. Ill send it to you Friday (ain't no way I'm posting a pic of my teenage daughter on a message board lol).

She texted me in the 4rd quarter that she and my son were decked out in the lobby of the Hilton on the river pissing off OM fans by rooting for us with the game on TV. Can't wait for them to be in the FMB!

That sounds like a plan, man. Always good to see kids wanting to be a part of the FMB, as I've had relatives in the FMB recently. They'll enjoy it.

Dawg61
12-30-2015, 08:05 PM

Haha I see your daughter has won kid of the year this year

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
12-30-2015, 08:17 PM

Hearing this has put a huge smile on my face Brunswick...you've done a fine job raising them.

BrunswickDawg
12-31-2015, 02:39 PM
Hearing this has put a huge smile on my face Brunswick...you've done a fine job raising them.
This is classic - today's report:
The Ole Miss band is eating in the food court we're in and we're in line for food and a kid from our band walks by wearing a Georgia hat and one of them was like "I wonder if he goes to Georgia?? It's really hard to get in to." And this random guy in front of them turned around and was like "No it isn't, but you do go to ole miss so..." and just shrugged and turned around again and the horrified look on this kids face was priceless

starkvegasdawg
12-31-2015, 02:46 PM
The Ole Miss band is eating in the food court we're in and we're in line for food and a kid from our band walks by wearing a Georgia hat and one of them was like "I wonder if he goes to Georgia?? It's really hard to get in to." And this random guy in front of them turned around and was like "No it isn't, but you do go to ole miss so..." and just shrugged and turned around again and the horrified look on this kids face was priceless
I've got to spread the rep around more it appears.

BulldogBear
12-31-2015, 04:31 PM

I've gotten an 11th hour invitation to go tomorrow night and will be taking it. I will have a pair of nocs with me. Idk if it'll help me see depending on where on the field she'll be but I'll try to help confirm!!!!

Assuming HS bands will wear their own unis, what colors am I looking at?

BrunswickDawg
12-31-2015, 05:06 PM
I've gotten an 11th hour invitation to go tomorrow night and will be taking it. I will have a pair of nocs with me. Idk if it'll help me see depending on where on the field she'll be but I'll try to help confirm!!!!

Assuming HS bands will wear their own unis, what colors am I looking at?
They are wearing their own unis. Redcoats with white "GA" over the heart, white helmets with black plumes. From practice pics taken from the home side this morning, she is on the back right in the flutes. The boy will be the skinny white kid on bass drum in the same uni.

Enjoy the game. The Sugar is sweet, but not as sweet as Rebel tears!

War Machine Dawg
12-31-2015, 07:35 PM
"You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Brunswick again."

BrunswickDawg
01-01-2016, 07:32 PM
Mission accomplished. In stands with GTHOM and Elitedawgs on her face and a MS baseball cap. Now has a number of friends actively rooting against OM in the stands.

jbjones
01-01-2016, 07:39 PM
Mission accomplished. In stands with GTHOM and Elitedawgs on her face and a MS baseball cap. Now has a number of friends actively rooting against OM in the stands.

OUTSTANDING! Apparently, I've got to spread some Rep points around...damnit.

-JB

starkvegasdawg
01-01-2016, 07:41 PM
My faith in today's youth has been restored.

BulldogBear
01-02-2016, 10:52 PM
Well, I was mezzanine level in the corner close 3nough to pick her out , but face was mostly turned away from me. I couldn't get a good look!

mic
01-02-2016, 11:02 PM
She just replaced candy man .. As super fan...
Hell hire her , I bet she can help in recruiting...

BrunswickDawg
01-02-2016, 11:09 PM
She just replaced candy man .. As super fan...
Hell hire her , I bet she can help in recruiting...
Easy Mic, that's my daughter...

Coach34
01-02-2016, 11:24 PM
Easy Mic, that's my daughter...

lol- I dont think Mic was going for the OM version of "hostess"

BrunswickDawg
01-02-2016, 11:28 PM
lol- I dont think Mic was going for the OM version of "hostess"
I know, I'm just giving him shit.

Kids just got home and are telling great stories of drunk sorority girls and obnoxious fans. They now totally get the hate. "You weren't kidding about how they are terrible winners." Apparently the hotel they were in was also the OM team hotel.

starkvegasdawg
01-03-2016, 09:06 AM
Apparently the hotel they were in was also the OM team hotel.
We're clocks and pillows streaming out the back door like ants at a picnic?

BulldogBear
01-03-2016, 10:50 AM
I know, I'm just giving him shit.

Kids just got home and are telling great stories of drunk sorority girls and obnoxious fans. They now totally get the hate. "You weren't kidding about how they are terrible winners." Apparently the hotel they were in was also the OM team hotel.

This^

We rode back to Amite City to our hotel and I had to listen to how badly they'd stomp Bama again if they played now.