PDA

View Full Version : Chip Kelly fired....******* to Eagles

Dawgowar
12-29-2015, 07:21 PM
That"s "Mullen to Eagles"

Jack Lambert
12-29-2015, 07:36 PM
I think Shawn Payton could end up there.

Leroy Jenkins
12-29-2015, 07:41 PM
I think Shawn Payton could end up there.

Merlundz to New Orleans

deltadawg99
12-29-2015, 07:53 PM
Kelly to College Station

runwildjerious
12-29-2015, 07:56 PM
Has Muschamp's ink dried at USC? Look out.

I did read where he simply does not like recruiting, but I wonder if any NFL team will give him another shot soon. The Titans would be the most likely scenario but who knows.

Really Clark?
12-29-2015, 08:10 PM
Kelly to Titans, Brian Kelly to Phily, Saban to ND, Dabo to Bama, Mullen to Clemson. Did I do that right?

Jack Lambert
12-29-2015, 08:12 PM
Kelly to College Station

This could happen but if Miles gets his ass handed to him tonight don't think it won't happen. I think the two reasons they did not fire Miles was due to the lack of coaching talent available and keeping the top 5 recruiting class. Chip would solve both those issue for LSU.

Quaoarsking
12-29-2015, 08:12 PM
If LSU loses tonight, Kelly to LSU?

Ifyouonlyknew
12-29-2015, 08:17 PM
I think he stays in the NFL.

Bucky Dog
I would think Texas and A&M both will find out if he wants to come and get rid of their coaches in a heartbeat.

runwildjerious
Chip could set up shop at a studio next year and let Texas, Texas A&M, and LSU get in a bidding war.

ScottH
12-29-2015, 08:18 PM
Serious question. I am not football savvy enough.

How would Mullen do as a pro coach?

He doesn't adore recruiting so it solves that. However how would he like dealing with players that make as much or more than he does? Or a billionaire owner?

Hmmmm.......

Coach34
12-29-2015, 08:20 PM
Chip could set up shop at a studio next year and let Texas, Texas A&M, and LSU get in a bidding war.

This

Sit out a year and enjoy that Philly money- and wait for the top college jobs to bid for you

Really Clark?
12-29-2015, 08:27 PM
Honestly if he is coaching next year it's probably the Titans. He has stated in the past he doesn't like dealing with recruiting, parents, etc that is involved in the college game. However, he may not have a choice and with the right situation with the gravitas he would have coming back, a lot of that would take care of itself. Wait for what opens up next year and take the highest bid from the elite program you prefer. Personally I hope it's not LSU. It would be one of the easier recruiting jobs he could get and running his system with those athletes could be scary.

TUSK
12-29-2015, 10:44 PM
IF Chip can get the Texas gig, no chance he considers Saban-infested waters...

Alldawg
12-29-2015, 10:44 PM
Has Muschamp's ink dried at USC? Look out.

I did read where he simply does not like recruiting, but I wonder if any NFL team will give him another shot soon. The Titans would be the most likely scenario but who knows.

He will not get another shot at HC/GM.

Alldawg
12-29-2015, 10:47 PM
IF Chip can get the Texas gig, no chance he considers Saban-infested waters...

Saban to Philly

TUSK
12-29-2015, 11:23 PM
Saban to Philly

via U of Texas and Indianapolis.....

mic
12-30-2015, 12:02 AM
If Texas doesn't offer him 5 years 40 million then they aren't big brother anymore ...

Dawg61
12-30-2015, 04:06 AM
Kelly is going to the Titans. He offered four draft picks for Mariotta less than a year ago. Now he gets him for free and a #1 overall draft pick.

Bothrops
12-30-2015, 10:06 AM
Kelly at A&M is a horrifying concept. Great match there. I would say LSU too, but it's against their rudiments. Not exactly a match but with their talent it would work well.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-30-2015, 10:11 AM
Kelly is going to the Titans. He offered four draft picks for Mariotta less than a year ago. Now he gets him for free and a #1 overall draft pick.

Ding Ding Ding we have a winner. Chip has no desire to come back to college. By getting fired it allows him to take the Titans job without TN having to give up draft picks to get him.

Maroons
12-30-2015, 12:22 PM
Kelly at A&M is a horrifying concept. Great match there. I would say LSU too, but it's against their rudiments. Not exactly a match but with their talent it would work well.

This. Hope he never sniffs aTm.

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
12-30-2015, 12:41 PM
Ding Ding Ding we have a winner. Chip has no desire to come back to college. By getting fired it allows him to take the Titans job without TN having to give up draft picks to get him.

A lot of Titans fans are very much against hiring CK. 56% have voted NO on a recent SB nation poll. His purported deficits are - can't connect with professional players, scheme has been figured out in the NFL, demands front office power & complete roster control, standoffish personality, QBs take too much punishment for a full NFL season.

Understandable. Our fans haven't gotten behind a coach since Fisher. Haven't had an offensive or defensive identity since Fisher. Munchak was nice but no personality & Whisenhunt was a dick. Have dealt w/ QB injuries for years. These things probably stick in Titans fans' minds & I think many want another Fisher type with a pro-style offense & a charming personality.

I'm not sure what the rest of the field will look like but I think we could do much much worse. For many of the reasons I listed above, I think this teams really just needs a concrete, tangible direction. Mariota breathed life into our fan base, & we seem to be just waiting for someone to take us in a new direction.

I think, given a clean slate to start with, CK can build something. Our current ownership is listed as KSA industries, & is split amongst Bud Adams' kids. Our president is only on interim status. We don't have a coach & our GM is a UNM alum whose contract is (THANK GOD) expiring. Clearly, we have no semblance of an identity, aside from our rookie QB.

I can't speak to the issues w/ his scheme, & I too question whether Mariota can stay healthy for 16+ games in CK's system. But, if CK is brought in w/ the GM of his choosing, & they are allowed to cut the fat & build from basically nothing, I think he can help build a successful organization because of many of the traits that are viewed as deficits.

*I don't post on Titans sites, so thanks for letting me vent.

Dawg61
12-30-2015, 02:25 PM
A lot of Titans fans are very much against hiring CK. 56% have voted NO on a recent SB nation poll. His purported deficits are - can't connect with professional players, scheme has been figured out in the NFL, demands front office power & complete roster control, standoffish personality, QBs take too much punishment for a full NFL season.

Understandable. Our fans haven't gotten behind a coach since Fisher. Haven't had an offensive or defensive identity since Fisher. Munchak was nice but no personality & Whisenhunt was a dick. Have dealt w/ QB injuries for years. These things probably stick in Titans fans' minds & I think many want another Fisher type with a pro-style offense & a charming personality.

I'm not sure what the rest of the field will look like but I think we could do much much worse. For many of the reasons I listed above, I think this teams really just needs a concrete, tangible direction. Mariota breathed life into our fan base, & we seem to be just waiting for someone to take us in a new direction.

I think, given a clean slate to start with, CK can build something. Our current ownership is listed as KSA industries, & is split amongst Bud Adams' kids. Our president is only on interim status. We don't have a coach & our GM is a UNM alum whose contract is (THANK GOD) expiring. Clearly, we have no semblance of an identity, aside from our rookie QB.

I can't speak to the issues w/ his scheme, & I too question whether Mariota can stay healthy for 16+ games in CK's system. But, if CK is brought in w/ the GM of his choosing, & they are allowed to cut the fat & build from basically nothing, I think he can help build a successful organization because of many of the traits that are viewed as deficits.

*I don't post on Titans sites, so thanks for letting me vent.

Titans are all in on Mariota which means this hire is a no-brainer. Hiring Kelly gives Mariota the best chance to succeed. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity for the Titans that they must take advantage of. I don't see it even being a choice. Titans have to offer Kelly after they became pot committed with Mariota.