PDA

View Full Version : IRS vs. Johnny Football???

Political Hack
08-06-2013, 07:59 AM
if he took, and did not report, a five figure payment for signing memorabilia he could be facing more than a suspension.

SignalToNoise
08-06-2013, 08:06 AM
This thread has very high potential for turning political, but yes you are right.

It'll be interesting to see if the NCAA absolves him of guilt but then the IRS busts him for tax evasion.

SaltyDawg
08-06-2013, 08:09 AM
This is a witch hunt- I doubt he misses a game. But, at this point nothing that the NCAA does surprises me.

The Croom Diaries
08-06-2013, 08:10 AM
It happened in January so he doesn't have to report the income until April 15, 2014.

Bo Darville
08-06-2013, 08:13 AM
It happened in January so he doesn't have to report the income until April 15, 2014.

Good point.

Drugdog
08-06-2013, 08:16 AM
My opinion is nothing will happen. His parents are loaded and he is STILL a major attraction in college football.
Kind of like the Alabama player who did the power driver and no suspension.
The powers of Football will not kill the goose that lays the golden egg.

Original48
08-06-2013, 08:56 AM
My opinion is nothing will happen. His parents are loaded and he is STILL a major attraction in college football.
Kind of like the Alabama player who did the power driver and no suspension.
The powers of Football will not kill the goose that lays the golden egg.
Funny you say this..just reported on Dan Patrick that Manziel has hired the same Alabama law firm that represented Cam Newton. Meanwhile Bracky sends Redmond into the meeting naked.

Goat Holder
08-06-2013, 09:28 AM
Speaking of Bracky Brett....do you guys contend that NOBODY would have known about the whole Redmond ordeal if Bracky hadn't told them?

FlabLoser
08-06-2013, 09:35 AM
Byron DeVinner was paid to talk. But Bracky supplied the Vaseline.

Political Hack
08-06-2013, 09:36 AM
did A&M hire a law firm to protect themselves or to serve as Manziel's lawyer? Big difference here.

engie
08-06-2013, 09:37 AM
No -- It was being handled quietly until De'Vinner began running his mouth -- and we know where those fingerprints lead.

I don't buy that Bracky leaked it. Botched it? Absolutely.

Ghost of Hank Flick
08-06-2013, 09:54 AM
D'Vinner was an idiot. Aside from all of Bracky's screw-ups during the investigation we could have let D'Vinner trip over himself and it would have all gone away. All other schools feed the NCAA crumbs, we invite them in for a feast.

Original48
08-06-2013, 10:28 AM
did A&M hire a law firm to protect themselves or to serve as Manziel's lawyer? Big difference here.
My bad..yes it WAS Texas A&M..

"According to USA TODAY's Dan Wolken, Texas A&M has hired the Lightfoot, Franklin and White law firm to represent them during the NCAA's investigation into Johnny Manziel's receipt of illegal benefits. It is the same firm the represented Auburn in their fight to keep Cam Newton eligible in 2010.
The move indicates A&M and the NCAA are in for a fight regarding Manziel's eligibility.
Newton was under investigation regarding whether his father was asking for extra benefits from schools recruiting Newton out of junior college. Newton was eventually declared eligible to play and led Auburn to the national championship."