PDA

View Full Version : Rumor going around on Twitter that Greg Little could flip to OU to play with Murray.

dawgclub99
12-29-2015, 04:43 PM
Damn that was fast.

Really Clark?
12-29-2015, 04:49 PM
I think Little's recruitment is far from over. I can see him going to 3 different schools besides just sticking with UNM.

SDDawg
12-29-2015, 04:49 PM
He gone.

dawgclub99
12-29-2015, 04:51 PM
I think Little's recruitment is far from over. I can see him going to 3 different schools besides just sticking with UNM.

Especially if the handshakes are beneficial.

mic
12-29-2015, 05:01 PM
At least he got his 10k first...

Really Clark?
12-29-2015, 05:07 PM
I think he has one official visit left. Scramble to get that OV. But if he wants the rest of his pre-scholarship we know where he has to show up.

Jack Lambert
12-29-2015, 05:13 PM
Nothing but a little spice and a BJ won't take care of.

LC Dawg
12-29-2015, 05:16 PM
The word must be getting out among recruits that Ole Miss is throwing money around for commitments and they are taking the money and running. What's Ole Miss going to do, report them?
Except Treadwell. He loves Oxford**

Bothrops
12-29-2015, 05:26 PM
Why would Little pass over others to go to OM anyway? He's from Dallas right?

ShotgunDawg
12-29-2015, 06:03 PM
Guys, Oklahoma is buying players as well. They currently aren't paying what Ole Miss is because they have greater access to top recruits without needing to pay, but they still do for many top guys.

Again, whether Little flips or not, MSU's recruiting won't improve until we accept the price of poker.

I get rooting against OM right, but they really aren't our problem. Our problem is us and our inability to leave this state and acquire a quality player.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-29-2015, 06:17 PM
Guys, Oklahoma is buying players as well. They currently aren't paying what Ole Miss is because they have greater access to top recruits without needing to pay, but they still do for many top guys.

Again, whether Little flips or not, MSU's recruiting won't improve until we accept the price of poker.

I get rooting against OM right, but they really aren't our problem. Our problem is us and our inability to leave this state and acquire a quality player.

I get what you're saying but this thread wasn't about MSU or our recruiting. We have 100 of those threads. If some fans want to laugh at potential doom & negativity of our rivals I'm all for it.

chef dixon
12-29-2015, 06:25 PM
I wouldn't hold your breath

djaymsu5
12-29-2015, 06:41 PM
Little was committed to Texas A&M because of Murray at one time. I can see it happening again. Oklahoma doesn't have to try and sell to Little what they can do to get to the playoff like Ole Miss cause they are already there. He would have a better shot at winning a natty at OU in a weaker conference.

msstate7
12-29-2015, 07:09 PM
I wouldn't hold your breath

Not saying it will happen, but they lost Leo Lewis and drew Richmond after they were committed last year

Jack Lambert
12-29-2015, 07:38 PM
I get what you're saying but this thread wasn't about MSU or our recruiting. We have 100 of those threads. If some fans want to laugh at potential doom & negativity of our rivals I'm all for it.

Damn right!

Jack Lambert
12-29-2015, 07:39 PM
Why would Little pass over others to go to OM anyway? He's from Dallas right?

Drugs and ***** are a powerfull thing.

defiantdog
12-29-2015, 08:09 PM
He's just working the field. It's all business now a days.

Really Clark?
12-29-2015, 08:14 PM

To get that last OV from him may cost one full year scholarship equivalent endowment to his school fund.

IMissJack
12-29-2015, 08:17 PM
Damn that was fast.

That would make sense to me since Norman is only about 3 hours north of Dallas.

Bucky Dog
12-29-2015, 08:22 PM
At least he got his 10k first...

I thought it was $30K for verbal and $200K if he signs. He is just trying to get more out of OM to see how bad they really want him. Please let him decommit!!

ScottH
12-29-2015, 08:22 PM

My favorite recruit quote is the now ubiquitous "It was a business decision."

I wish just once a recruiting expert would ask virtually any follow up question to that quote.

deltadawg99
12-29-2015, 11:02 PM
Counting Murray, there would be 4 of his high school teammates on the OU team.

OM isn't the only one playing the game, so don't think OU won't go all in for him.

I seen it dawg
12-30-2015, 01:10 AM
Yeah OU will prob go all in....the guy is pretty good..

Leroy Jenkins
12-30-2015, 01:40 AM
"It's never over until signing day".

http://www.scout.com/college/football/recruiting/story/1627550-ua-game-greg-little-interview

Spiderman
12-30-2015, 09:04 AM
"It's never over until signing day".

http://www.scout.com/college/football/recruiting/story/1627550-ua-game-greg-little-interview

OM setting up another Recruit-A-Palooza for last weekend in Jan. They will have all their main commits and a bunch of "Tunsils" in too. The will parade around the Sugar Bowl and Egg Trophies, the whores on the Square, the sugar daddies in the lobby of the Alumni house, all while Hugh and momma are at church.

They will have a Top 3 class.

Rinse, lather, repeat.

Tripp McNeely
12-30-2015, 09:11 AM
OM setting up another Recruit-A-Palooza for last weekend in Jan. They will have all their main commits and a bunch of "Tunsils" in too. The will parade around the Sugar Bowl and Egg Trophies, the whores on the Square, the sugar daddies in the lobby of the Alumni house, all while Hugh and momma are at church.

They will have a Top 3 class

Rinse, lather, repeat.

So om plays the game better than friggin' Oklahoma??

ShotgunDawg
12-30-2015, 09:20 AM
So om plays the game better than friggin' Oklahoma??

Oklahoma has a lot of built in advantages, due to location and history, but YES Ole Miss is out paying everyone right now

It's also appears to me that Ole Miss is paying for more and has a more extensive, systematic payroll structure than anyone else. Yes, it appears that Ole Miss it building an industrial assembly line of cheating.

Whereas a school like Oklahoma may offer benefits to the kid if he signs with Oklahoma, Ole Miss offers the following:

5-10k to come on a visit

20-30 K for a commitment

100,000+ benefits to surrounding family members and influencers if you sign.

So, Ole Miss is just taking it to the next level

Valyrian Steel
12-30-2015, 09:42 AM
So om pays the game better than friggin' Oklahoma??

FIFY

AlSwearengen
12-30-2015, 10:35 AM
FIFY

You have to wonder if all of that money olemiss raised during the "forward rebels" campaign didn't go directly into the recruiting slush fund. They did it under the guise of getting rid of an a.d. and a coach and hiring competent ones, but people were pointing out that the money spent didn't come close to approaching how much they raised. I seem to remember that there was never any announcement about how the remainder would be spent and people were asking questions about it.

That tackle from Dallas is going to make serious bank with olemiss pushing the bidding war.

Dawg61
12-30-2015, 10:48 AM
I thought it was $30K for verbal and $200K if he signs. He is just trying to get more out of OM to see how bad they really want him. Please let him decommit!!

Thought that was 20 years ago. Now it's 200k for a Facebook poke and 2 mill for a snapchat. Our Virginia Slims better get with the current demands!!

Pollodawg
12-30-2015, 11:02 AM
Ah, the old "flipping your own recruit" game. Sang song. Same moves. Different dancer, folks.

ShotgunDawg
12-30-2015, 11:06 AM
Ah, the old "flipping your own recruit" game. Sang song. Same moves. Different dancer, folks.

I don't agree with this player. He has no natural connection to Ole Miss.

I'd actually put it at a 60% chance he doesn't end up at Ole Miss.

As I was once told by an MSU staffer,"the bidding doesn't start until a player commits."

When you look at many of the kids from MS that commit their JR year to Bama or players that commit early to Ole Miss, it's often times a pawn used as a starting gun to a bidding war.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
12-30-2015, 11:21 AM
You have to wonder if all of that money olemiss raised during the "forward rebels" campaign didn't go directly into the recruiting slush fund.

I think it had a major effect. They got rid of the leadership that was hindering their efforts and getting players eligible. Remember that David Saunders was part of the Houston Nutt and Boone negotiation and was instrumental in getting players eligible. At the center of this was Jerrell Powe and Forward Rebels got him to write a letter to ole miss fans that criticized Boone for not wanting to admit Powe (Forward Rebels Letter) (http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/2011/10/25/2513397/jerrell-powe-letter-pete-boone-forward-rebels)

"Throughout my two and a half year fight to go to college, one voice of encouragement was noticeably missing, and that voice was Athletic Director Pete Boone's. While you would think that Mr. Boone would want me to go to school, and even more to play for Ole Miss, he was, if anything, discouraging to me during my struggle. Although many are familiar with Mr. Boone's desire to keep me out, I have held it back for a while."

Dan Jones Interview on Forward Rebels (Rick Cleveland) (http://archive.clarionledger.com/VideoNetwork/1188165043001/Dan-Jones-discusses-Forward-Rebels)

Jack Lambert
12-30-2015, 12:01 PM
Oklahoma has a lot of built in advantages, due to location and history, but YES Ole Miss is out paying everyone right now

It's also appears to me that Ole Miss is paying for more and has a more extensive, systematic payroll structure than anyone else. Yes, it appears that Ole Miss it building an industrial assembly line of cheating.

Whereas a school like Oklahoma may offer benefits to the kid if he signs with Oklahoma, Ole Miss offers the following:

5-10k to come on a visit

20-30 K for a commitment

100,000+ benefits to surrounding family members and influencers if you sign.

So, Ole Miss is just taking it to the next level

And they still will only be a eight to nine win team.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-30-2015, 12:26 PM
I disagree. Sooner or later they will get the right mix and will be in the playoff. Might as well accept it. It will happen.

HancockCountyDog
12-30-2015, 12:42 PM
If you are looking for a bear commit to flip - look at D'Vaughn Pennamon. Bama is coming hard after him. He is really good, I would really like them to lose him.

ShotgunDawg
12-30-2015, 12:48 PM
I disagree. Sooner or later they will get the right mix and will be in the playoff. Might as well accept it. It will happen.

Agree. If they continue to SIGN top 10 classes, they will be like Auburn. Auburn has chemistry problems all the time & the program is dysfunctional, but every so often they get the right mix &, WALLAH, they are in Atlanta & the national title game.

Ole Miss is building themselves to be Auburn 2.0

Ifyouonlyknew
12-30-2015, 12:56 PM
Agree. If they continue to SIGN top 10 classes, they will be like Auburn. Auburn has chemistry problems all the time & the program is dysfunctional, but every so often they get the right mix &, WALLAH, they are in Atlanta & the national title game.

Ole Miss is building themselves to be Auburn 2.0

This is where the myth of OM recruiting & the facts of OM recruiting come together. OM has signed 1 Top 10 class under Freeze. They haven't killed in recruiting every year. Every few years they've jumped up & gotten a Top 10 class. It all came together for them this year with that Top 10 class & they still lost 3 games. They'll have another Top 10 class this year but if they don't follow it with another 1 or 2 Top 10 class behind it they'll again be like they were this year.

Composite Recruiting Rankings Under Freeze

2012 - 47
2013 - 8
2014 - 15
2015 - 17
2016 - ??

ETA: Just for comparisons sake I added Auburn's Recruiting Rankings the same years

2012 - 9
2013 - 6
2014 - 10
2015 - 11
2016 - ??

ShotgunDawg
12-30-2015, 01:05 PM
This is where the myth of OM recruiting & the facts of OM recruiting come together. OM has signed 1 Top 10 class under Freeze. They haven't killed in recruiting every year. Every few years they've jumped up & gotten a Top 10 class. It all came together for them this year with that Top 10 class & they still lost 3 games. They'll have another Top 10 class this year but if they don't follow it with another 1 or 2 Top 10 class behind it they'll again be like they were this year.

Composite Recruiting Rankings Under Freeze

2012 - 47
2013 - 8
2014 - 15
2015 - 17
2016 - ??

ETA: Just for comparisons sake I added Auburn's Recruiting Rankings the same years

2012 - 9
2013 - 6
2014 - 10
2015 - 11
2016 - ??

Strong point. The one thing that has increased the Ole Miss recruiting legend is that Freeze has yet to have poor QB play. He's been extremely lucky with two transfers

Dawg61
12-30-2015, 02:48 PM
Man yall are drinking the Rebel spin on their recruiting class by the gallon right now. Look at their class again but this time take out the two 5* players. It isn't any better than our class. Ole Miss just destroys MSU in hyping the **** outta themselves because they have media alumni everywhere.

HancockCountyDog
12-30-2015, 02:55 PM
Man yall are drinking the Rebel spin on their recruiting class by the gallon right now. Look at their class again but this time take out the two 5* players. It isn't any better than our class. Ole Miss just destroys MSU in hyping the **** outta themselves because they have media alumni everywhere.

It's not Rebel spin when every recruiting service if saying it. If this was Yancy screwing with the rankings id agree with you, but they are in the top 10 of every service that ranks classes.

They have a good class, trying to say otherwise is just silly. Let's focus on our class and not what the bears are doing. We've got a ball game to win.

PassInterference
12-30-2015, 03:00 PM

Imagine this year's MSU team plus a 5 star OT and a 5 star DE.

starkvegasdawg
12-30-2015, 03:08 PM

But they have those two five stars. That's like saying look at the egg bowl except the first quarter. As bad as it hurts you have to look at the entire picture.

Dawg61
12-30-2015, 03:11 PM
It's not Rebel spin when every recruiting service if saying it. If this was Yancy screwing with the rankings id agree with you, but they are in the top 10 of every service that ranks classes.

They have a good class, trying to say otherwise is just silly. Let's focus on our class and not what the bears are doing. We've got a ball game to win.

If it's not spin than where is MSU and Ole Miss ranked if you take the two 5* off Ole Miss class and put them on ours?

Dawg61
12-30-2015, 03:13 PM
But they have those two five stars. That's like saying look at the egg bowl except the first quarter. As bad as it hurts you have to look at the entire picture.

Are those two five stars Andrew Luck and JJ Watt? Yall are drunk on recruiting spin. Their class is nothing special.

Coach007
12-30-2015, 03:59 PM
Can't argue that if they continue to recruit at this level that they will reach higher levels. This isn't an UM thing. It's common sense. If Tulane recruits consistently in the top 10... they would beat a lot of SEC teams.

Coach34
12-30-2015, 04:31 PM

Not that toxic place. Not gonna happen

Their top 10 classes are 3 years apart. They have to have multiple years of it in a row to be a contender

Coach007
12-30-2015, 04:38 PM
Not that toxic place. Not gonna happen

Their top 10 classes are 3 years apart. They have to have multiple years of it in a row to be a contender

Well they are going to return alot of players. Kelly is back, and some rumbling of Treadwell(believe it when I see it). Here's the big picture. If this class over laps with the class from 3 years ago, you can see them not being anyworse than last year and this year.

That snowballs.... more success =s better recruiting.

I'm fine with Mullen as our coach, I'm not fine with piss poor recruiting. Which is what we have right now. It's what we have had..... The whole stars don't matter is crap! Sure some 5 stars are busts, and some 2 and 3 stars are 5 stars in the making. But as a general rule, the star system is not way off.

PassInterference
12-30-2015, 05:24 PM
Go Rebels!

Tripp McNeely
12-30-2015, 05:32 PM
Go Rebels!

Kind of defines the sentiment of this board over the last month...sadly...I miss the days when you could come to this board for some "good ol' bear hate"!

Goldendawg
12-30-2015, 06:59 PM
Guys, I wish we recruited better too, but look at the average rating of the 15 commits on 24/7 and the rating of the players for at least a dozen teams ranked ahead of us at this point. I don't know how many we can sign this class, but if we close on some of the 4 stars we are still after, we should have a class ranked in the 20's. Still, hate to see them in the top 5, maybe the NCAA will so some guts.

ShotgunDawg
12-30-2015, 07:28 PM
Well they are going to return alot of players. Kelly is back, and some rumbling of Treadwell(believe it when I see it). Here's the big picture. If this class over laps with the class from 3 years ago, you can see them not being anyworse than last year and this year.

That snowballs.... more success =s better recruiting.

I'm fine with Mullen as our coach, I'm not fine with piss poor recruiting. Which is what we have right now. It's what we have had..... The whole stars don't matter is crap! Sure some 5 stars are busts, and some 2 and 3 stars are 5 stars in the making. But as a general rule, the star system is not way off.

Kelly will help them keep their head above water, but they lose a ton.

They lose two NFL caliber OT in Tunsil & Cooper. Yes both were good.

They lose their RB. Walton really turned it on at the end of the year.

They lose Treadwell. yes, he's gone. However, I think they'll be OK at WR and not really miss him. They've recruited very well there.

They lose Kimchee. If he really was double teamed every play, someone else will have to take on that burden.

They lose CJ Johnson. Not a huge physical loss, but an emotional leader

Worst of all, they lose Mike Hilton Trae Elston, the two best players in their secondary. Their secondary was already suspect this season, but other than Bridges, they've got to replace the entire thing.

Again, Chad Kelly will keep their head above water, but I don't see anyway they are as good as they were this year. OL should take a step back & defense.

Dawg61
12-30-2015, 08:01 PM
Treadwell is damn good. They will miss him tons.

Bucky Dog
12-30-2015, 09:25 PM
OM will be 6-6 next year

They will go on some sort of probation. Book it!

Friend lives in Frisco, TX and said he knows Little is NOT going to OM. Took their money to verbally commit but is going to OU. Mark this thread.

Freeze is a hypocrite!

RealHastings
12-30-2015, 09:45 PM
I agree, except I was thinking 7-5. Losses to FSU, UGA, Bama, LSU, Ark, and MSU. If Kelly leaves, 5-7 or 4-8. Probation is not if, it's when. It will definitely happen, just whenever the NCAA decides to grow a set of nuts. I'm banking on it being in 2016. Heard the Little-to-OU rumor also, but I'll believe it when I see it. I can't see the network letting him slip away; more duffle bags are being filled as we speak. Hope I'm wrong about little, though.

msstate7
12-30-2015, 09:52 PM
I agree, except I was thinking 7-5. Losses to FSU, UGA, Bama, LSU, Ark, and MSU. If Kelly leaves, 5-7 or 4-8. Probation is not if, it's when. It will definitely happen, just whenever the NCAA decides to grow a set of nuts. I'm banking on it being in 2016. Heard the Little-to-OU rumor also, but I'll believe it when I see it. I can't see the network letting him slip away; more duffle bags are being filled as we speak. Hope I'm wrong about little, though.

I hope little drives the cost as high as freaking possible. The more they spend on him, hopefully the less on "more local kids"

ShotgunDawg
12-30-2015, 10:10 PM
I hope little drives the cost as high as freaking possible. The more they spend on him, hopefully the less on "more local kids"

This is one of the downsides of buying recruits that flip on signing day.

Who else is Ole Miss recruiting to play LT?

If Little flips, they are 17ed, just like they were last year with Richmond. I don't see how they could be recruiting another quality OT, when Little is committed

GulfCoastDawg
12-30-2015, 10:28 PM
https://twitter.com/SBNRecruiting/status/682265625557909504

https://twitter.com/SBNRecruiting/status/682274380269903872

https://twitter.com/SBNRecruiting/status/682276123556724736

ShotgunDawg
12-30-2015, 10:35 PM

HAHA, WOW!!! Freeze is a joke....

As for Little visiting Oklahoma, we'll see about that. One thing to consider, Little lives 2 1/2 hours from Norman & has no doubt gone on visits there. Not sure how much he really needs an official visit

Bucky Dog
12-30-2015, 10:48 PM

This lines up perfectly with my post.

Little took the money for committing, but WILL end up at OU

Freeze is the biggest hypocrite in the world. Selling the spiritually and being"more than a coach" BS. It's all a scam, he has been found out and the recruits know it.

State fans, do not think we have to do what the Network is doing. We do need to make a few changes but we are fine. The Confederate house is very close to crumbling. Trust me!!