PDA

View Full Version : Not that we didn't already know this...

BeardoMSU
12-29-2015, 01:56 PM
...I'll forgo the obligatory #Flagship...oops, never mind.

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-best-college-in-every-state-2015-12

Bully13
12-29-2015, 02:24 PM
Just curious. ...is there a school in MS with tougher academics than Millsaps?

RealHastings
12-29-2015, 02:27 PM
But, but, the grove and the square though***

Jack Lambert
12-29-2015, 02:33 PM

Maybe Belhaven or MC. You are going to laugh but Tugaloo is not a stay out to 3 A.M get drunk and pass school.

Johnson85
12-29-2015, 02:46 PM

I think at just about any college you can skate by now if you want to. I don't know about Millsaps specifically, but I'd be surprised if they didn't have a joke major or two that people willing to pay full tuition can't go play in for four or five years with pretty minimal effort. Similarly, I don't think any college in Mississippi can be tough on admission requirements. MSU and UM because of the Ayers settlement, and the private schools because if somebody is willing to pay full tuition at a Millsaps or MC when a just as if not more valuable degree can be had for much cheaper from the public universities, it's hard to tell them know.

Bucky Dog
12-29-2015, 03:04 PM
They obviously got us confused with Mississippi again!!***

Lumpy Chucklelips
12-29-2015, 03:23 PM
I think at just about any college you can skate by now if you want to. I don't know about Millsaps specifically, but I'd be surprised if they didn't have a joke major or two that people willing to pay full tuition can't go play in for four or five years with pretty minimal effort. Similarly, I don't think any college in Mississippi can be tough on admission requirements. MSU and UM because of the Ayers settlement, and the private schools because if somebody is willing to pay full tuition at a Millsaps or MC when a just as if not more valuable degree can be had for much cheaper from the public universities, it's hard to tell them know.

You can't skate by at Millsaps. To give one example, they take roll and notify parents if your student is not attending class on a consistent basis. That's pretty unusual in today's world.

Johnson85
12-29-2015, 04:10 PM
You can't skate by at Millsaps. To give one example, they take roll and notify parents if your student is not attending class on a consistent basis. That's pretty unusual in today's world.

That's very unusual.

Have they also avoided adding joke majors?

If so, that should make a big difference in the value of degrees from Millsaps. .

Barkman Turner Overdrive
12-29-2015, 04:16 PM
Maybe Belhaven.

Ah no. I've met many Belhaven grads. I wouldn't hire a single one.

Jack Lambert
12-29-2015, 04:17 PM
They obviously got us confused with Mississippi again!!***

I don't think that's the case this time. Now if Spice and Whores was a criteria Ole Miss would have top out.

MSUDawg99
12-29-2015, 04:21 PM
Ah no. I've met many Belhaven grads. I wouldn't hire a single one.

Yeah Belhaven isn't known for tough academics. I'd say Millsaps is far tougher & a degree from there would hold alot more weight. The next I'd say would be MS College.

RealHastings
12-29-2015, 08:51 PM
But Yancy say OM is the best school eva!** Seriously though, the writer of this article better delete their twitter account now before those crazies start attacking her for actually stating the obvious that everyone in the state of MS knows to be true already. They are a strange bunch.

HereComesTheSpiral
12-29-2015, 09:57 PM

Why would you pay full Millsaps tuition to get a joke degree and skate through school?

Johnson85
12-30-2015, 09:20 AM
Why would you pay full Millsaps tuition to get a joke degree and skate through school?

Why would you pay full tuition at Millsaps for any degree? People either have enough money that it doesn't matter that they waste it or they don't understand hwo much money they're wasting because it's somebody else's money (either Mommy and Daddy's or a loan).

Liverpooldawg
12-30-2015, 11:12 AM
Interesting that this thread started out being about an article that was complementary to MSU and most of it is about Milsaps.