PDA

View Full Version : Banks kid DB

BorneDawg
12-29-2015, 11:43 AM
Saw tweet from Bulldog recruiting about not offering Korey Banks a 4* db. I don't go all in on recruiting so anybody with info on why weve not offered ? Think it said he was a MSU legacy kid

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-29-2015, 11:49 AM
I am sure the coaches know more than we do and have a reason. I have wondered this as well.

Really Clark?
12-29-2015, 11:53 AM
I like him but he is a composite mid 3 star. We are tight at the position and waiting on Knott. Hard to see who we would drop for him although I do like him and would have probably offered.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-29-2015, 12:09 PM
He played WR this year & that's what most are recruiting him at. He's 5'11" 6' & we don't need another slot guy. We have Ross, Myles, Dear, & Mixon. He's committed to UNC but people are noticing him now because he got a couple late SEC offers.

msstate7
12-29-2015, 12:14 PM
He played WR this year & that's what most are recruiting him at. He's 5'11" 6' & we don't need another slot guy. We have Ross, Myles, Dear, & Mixon. He's committed to UNC but people are noticing him now because he got a couple late SEC offers.

Is Thomas still slot?

Big4Dawg
12-29-2015, 12:22 PM
Bama offered 2 days ago. Wow

Ifyouonlyknew
12-29-2015, 12:22 PM
Is Thomas still slot?

Thomas has practiced mainly outside since he's been here but now he's practicing at both. They think Thomas is very similar to Donald Gray.

msstate7
12-29-2015, 12:23 PM
Thomas has practiced mainly outside since he's been here but now he's practicing at both. They think Thomas is very similar to Donald Gray.
Cool. Thanks

HoopsDawg
12-29-2015, 12:23 PM
also, for those hoping for Willie Allen, he's not even going to visit us. LSU bound most likely.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-29-2015, 12:24 PM
Bama offered 2 days ago. Wow

Most negative people won't see Bama still offering WR as a good thing for MSU. They only plan on taking 1 maybe 2 more WR & the fact they're still offering guys could be seen as a positive about AJ Brown. Again that would be too much positive thinking.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-29-2015, 12:25 PM
also, for those hoping for Willie Allen, he's not even going to visit us. LSU bound most likely.

Yea Willie is shutting it down Saturday. It was always a matter of if LSU wanted Willie. They decided they did & he's taking it. He won't OV anywhere except LSU.

HoopsDawg
12-29-2015, 12:34 PM
Yea Willie is shutting it down Saturday. It was always a matter of if LSU wanted Willie. They decided they did & he's taking it. He won't OV anywhere except LSU.

So for those keeping score, 4 stars Sullivan, Allen, and Broussard are all off the board. Only 4 star potential signees are AJ Brown, Knott, Simmons & Lashley. I don't count Davis since he is headed to Juco. Right now, I think we get Lashley and I'm somewhat optimistic on AJ. I think we don't get Simmons or Knott. That's going to put us around 35-40 on Scout. Maybe 30 or so on the composite.

scottycameron
12-29-2015, 12:38 PM
Most negative people won't see Bama still offering WR as a good thing for MSU. They only plan on taking 1 maybe 2 more WR & the fact they're still offering guys could be seen as a positive about AJ Brown. Again that would be too much positive thinking.

Or maybe Knott. Either way, a good sign.
Yancy say Raekwon a definite sign and place. That tells me they are completely out and probably Bama also. Anytime Yancy say somebody won't make it that's code for he's going to MSU.
Simmons, Brown, Kobe, Knott, Raekwon, Lashley, and Nelson makes this a HR class. i know we won't get everyone but if we even come close it's a huge class.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-29-2015, 12:44 PM
So for those keeping score, 4 stars Sullivan, Allen, and Broussard are all off the board. Only 4 star potential signees are AJ Brown, Knott, Simmons & Lashley. I don't count Davis since he is headed to Juco. Right now, I think we get Lashley and I'm somewhat optimistic on AJ. I think we don't get Simmons or Knott. That's going to put us around 35-40 on Scout. Maybe 30 or so on the composite.

AJ
Lashley
Couch
Simmons
Kobe
Raekwon
Moon
Knott

Are all 4 stars. Let's see how we close. We'll revisit this Feb 3rd. We'll see what the final score is.

Really Clark?
12-29-2015, 12:46 PM

This is what I was talking about yesterday. Kobe Jones is a 4 star as well that we are in good shape with. Do people not think he is a player?

HoopsDawg
12-29-2015, 01:01 PM
This is what I was talking about yesterday. Kobe Jones is a 4 star as well that we are in good shape with. Do people not think he is a player?

Couch is a 3 star. I thought Kobe was too. Kobe is a solid player, but he's not a Simmons type 4 star.

msstate7
12-29-2015, 01:06 PM
Couch is a 3 star. I thought Kobe was too. Kobe is a solid player, but he's not a Simmons type 4 star.

Bear was a 3* too, but he's a player. Why do we just assume nobody but 4*'s can play? We've had some very good 3*'s (even 2*'s) come through here

mic
12-29-2015, 01:09 PM

I disagree on Kobe.. Kid played BOTH sides on the ball for a 6A team.. Get him focused on one position he will be very good. Simmons is college ready now tho..
And I don't give a shit about * at times.. Offers are better factor... If there is a 3* with a number of power 5 offers kid can play.. Couch is one of those...

HoopsDawg
12-29-2015, 01:11 PM
Bear was a 3* too, but he's a player. Why do we just assume nobody but 4*'s can play? We've had some very good 3*'s (even 2*'s) come through here

Who assumes that?

HoopsDawg
12-29-2015, 01:11 PM
I disagree on Kobe.. Kid played BOTH sides on the ball for a 6A team.. Get him focused on one position he will be very good. Simmons is college ready now tho..
And I don't give a shit about * at times.. Offers are better factor... If there is a 3* with a number of power 5 offers kid can play.. Couch is one of those...

You disagree that Kobe is a solid player?

msstate7
12-29-2015, 01:14 PM
Who assumes that?

Well everyone here assumes our class is subpar now. Our coaches must like our current commitments, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. In '10 and '11, we had classes in the 30s, but those classes led to a #1 ranking and orange bowl... Who knows how good this class can be?

Ifyouonlyknew
12-29-2015, 01:21 PM

You use Scout ratings & on Scout Couch is a 4*.

HoopsDawg
12-29-2015, 01:21 PM
Well everyone here assumes our class is subpar now. Our coaches must like our current commitments, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. In '10 and '11, we had classes in the 30s, but those classes led to a #1 ranking and orange bowl... Who knows how good this class can be?

Obviously, there are always unknowns in recruiting. We know that 4 star and 5 star success rate is higher than 2 and 3 star success rate. It's why the national champs and SEC champs are almost always the highest rated recruiting classes.

When you talk about a 3 star, you have to dig a little behind the rating. Yes, Bear was a 3 star. But he was also Mr. Basketball in the state of AL. He was 6'5 and only played football for 1 year. He also was someone AU wanted badly. So, he was an excellent prospect despite his 3 star rating. Same could be said for Dak. LSU came in with the late offer. If LSU offers you, you are a good prospect. He had the TCU offer as well.

In this class, I'm struggling to see that 3 star that I get really pumped about. My 2 favorites would probably be Cam Dantzler and Spencer. I like Porter's potential too, but he's heading to Juco.

Really Clark?
12-29-2015, 01:22 PM

I didn mention Couch at all. He is an upper 3 star with a lot of offers and would help our ranking for those into that. Jones is a very good player and a 4 star which is all you were listing.

HoopsDawg
12-29-2015, 01:22 PM
You use Scout ratings & on Scout Couch is a 4*.

I was told to use the composite so i've made the switch. Also, Steve projects Couch as a TE. Do we really need another TE.

I seen it dawg
12-29-2015, 01:23 PM
Dakota Prescott was a 3*........

Ifyouonlyknew
I was told to use the composite so i've made the switch. Also, Steve projects Couch as a TE. Do we really need another TE.

He mentioned where he thought we would finish on Scout & he normally uses Scout so I used Scout on this particular subject.

Coach007

Then why are we recruiting a 5'11" 160 pound guy? He has an offer.

I seen it dawg

Do we really trust Steve...

Ifyouonlyknew
12-29-2015, 01:25 PM

Who Banks? We haven't offered Banks. That's what the uproar is about.

Coach007
12-29-2015, 01:27 PM
Who Banks? We haven't offered Banks. That's what the uproar is about.

Hankerson

Really Clark?
12-29-2015, 01:27 PM

He is going to be a DB if it's who I think you are talking about.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-29-2015, 01:28 PM
see Egg Bowl...since that game, everyone has come to the realization that stars do in fact matter.*

Ifyouonlyknew
12-29-2015, 01:29 PM
Hankerson

There's a very valid & smart reason for offering & probably accepting Hankerson's commitment. You guys want our coaches to play the game more & do more OM type stuff well this 1 of those times. We did it a couple of times in last years class as well.

Really Clark?
12-29-2015, 01:30 PM
Hankerson

He is a DB not a slot like Banks. And I don't think he would be a take right now anyway. IYOK correct me.

ETA. See that you did

Coach007
12-29-2015, 01:31 PM
There's a very valid & smart reason for offering & probably accepting Hankerson's commitment. You guys want our coaches to play the game more & do more OM type stuff well this 1 of those times. We did it a couple of times in last years class as well.

I understand the connection to AJ...

Coach007
12-29-2015, 01:32 PM
He is a DB not a slot like Banks. And I don't think he would be a take right now anyway. IYOK correct me.

ETA. See that you did

Nope! WR... 4.2 speed. "We have a good relationship and he says that they want me to come down there and play wide receiver for them."

Ifyouonlyknew
12-29-2015, 01:33 PM
I understand the connection to AJ...

Then that is all that needs to be said.

Coach007
12-29-2015, 01:34 PM
Then that is all that needs to be said.

;)

Ifyouonlyknew
12-29-2015, 01:36 PM

He also measured at 6'1" 170lbs at Big Dawg.

CadaverDawg
12-29-2015, 01:56 PM
Obviously, there are always unknowns in recruiting. We know that 4 star and 5 star success rate is higher than 2 and 3 star success rate. It's why the national champs and SEC champs are almost always the highest rated recruiting classes.

When you talk about a 3 star, you have to dig a little behind the rating. Yes, Bear was a 3 star. But he was also Mr. Basketball in the state of AL. He was 6'5 and only played football for 1 year. He also was someone AU wanted badly. So, he was an excellent prospect despite his 3 star rating. Same could be said for Dak. LSU came in with the late offer. If LSU offers you, you are a good prospect. He had the TCU offer as well.

In this class, I'm struggling to see that 3 star that I get really pumped about. My 2 favorites would probably be Cam Dantzler and Spencer. I like Porter's potential too, but he's heading to Juco.

So the guys that can't recruit were able to beat out LSU & Auburn for Dak & Bear? You can't have it both ways. U say it's all about 4 & 5 stars, someone mentions Bear & Dak, & your defense is "well they were basically 4 stars" since LSU & Auburn wanted them....so then those 2 should be added to your list of good recruits we beat out traditional powers for, correct?

Really Clark?
12-29-2015, 02:04 PM
So the guys that can't recruit were able to beat out LSU & Auburn for Dak & Bear? You can't have it both ways. U say it's all about 4 & 5 stars, someone mentions Bear & Dak, & your defense is "well they were basically 4 stars" since LSU & Auburn wanted them....so then those 2 should be added to your list of good recruits we beat out traditional powers for, correct?

No kidding. Have you Hoops looked at Korey Charles, CJ Morgan, Roberson...very good offer lists for those guys as well as others.

HoopsDawg
12-29-2015, 02:34 PM

Are you not intelligent enough to figure out what I was saying? Fortunately Dak was a guy with high character and he was committed to us for a long time before LSU offered and he stuck with his commitment. Tim Brewster did a great job with Bear and that was a recruiting battle we won. We do win recruiting battles sometimes. A lot of times in-state actually. Just rarely out of state.

djaymsu5
12-29-2015, 02:40 PM

I think Errol Thompson is going to be a beast.

Really Clark?
12-29-2015, 02:48 PM
Wasn't Collins primary recruiter for Bear and Brewster secondary? I may be misremembering.

mic
12-29-2015, 02:49 PM
You disagree that Kobe is a solid player?

Actually I think he will be very good . Issac Gross type..
I think he is underrated because he had to play both ways
Simmons will make bigger impact cause he is college ready now

HoopsDawg
12-29-2015, 02:50 PM
Wasn't Collins primary recruiter for Bear and Brewster secondary? I may be misremembering.

They way it was told on signing day was that Brewster basically stood on a table that we needed to offer this guy.

SDDawg
12-29-2015, 02:57 PM

Post of the week. Thanks Dan!

Bothrops
12-29-2015, 03:01 PM
Btw, Hankerson has legit speed and seems to be a physical player.

bulldawg28
12-29-2015, 03:12 PM
Banks should have been offered already. He can play corner and was MVP in several camps with legit 4.3 speed in every camp except one.

CadaverDawg
12-29-2015, 04:10 PM
Are you not intelligent enough to figure out what I was saying? Fortunately Dak was a guy with high character and he was committed to us for a long time before LSU offered and he stuck with his commitment. Tim Brewster did a great job with Bear and that was a recruiting battle we won. We do win recruiting battles sometimes. A lot of times in-state actually. Just rarely out of state.

Intelligent enough? I used YOUR words to show how you were just using whatever fit your narrative and it's contradicting your previous posts.

We do need to improve recruiting, but you're trying too hard to make it look worse than it is. What's the point?

Coach007
12-29-2015, 04:17 PM
He also measured at 6'1" 170lbs at Big Dawg.

No

Spiderman
12-29-2015, 10:11 PM

If Bama offers we should want that player no matter what, especially a legacy recruit. Still can't believe the Twins of Ignorance(Croom and Nutt) didn't offer Steen. He would have probably signs with either if they had. He went with the Bama offer. I'd say that worked out for him