PDA

View Full Version : NC State's strengths and weaknesses

archdog
12-29-2015, 11:06 AM
I have to admit, I know nothing about NCState. Which of their players are going to give us fits?

Dawgbite
12-29-2015, 01:12 PM
The punter, I expect him to have 10-12 punts over 40 yards but the block and the shank will ruin his average.

HoopsDawg
12-29-2015, 01:15 PM
I watched every team in the country play this year...except NC State. I know more about San Jose St than NC State.

PassInterference
12-29-2015, 01:17 PM
Beat No Chance State!

12-29-2015, 03:38 PM
For all the we hear about weak schedules, NC State has not played a nonconference Power 5 opponent in the past three years. I am a little concerned that we are playing this game in the rain after watching the Mizzou game. Maybe I shouldn't be as NC State's secondary is one of their weaker spots. One other note is that they are giving away thunder sticks to the first 25k fans to try to battle cowbells.

"Although MSU ranks third in the SEC in total offense, it has allowed 31 sacks, which should present opportunities for DEs Mike Rose and Bradley Chubb, who have combined for 26.5 tackles for loss and 16 sacks. On the other side of the ball, QB Jacoby Brissett, who has amassed more than 2,750 total yards and 24 TDs. His favorite target is TE/RB/WR Jaylen Samuels, whose role has expanded since a season-ending injury to top RB Matt Dayes. The Wolfpack still average over 200 ypg rushing behind a line anchored by All-America OT Joe Thuney."

http://acc.blogs.starnewsonline.com/51078/two-minute-drill-everything-you-need-to-know-about-belk-bowl/
http://acc.blogs.starnewsonline.com/51068/belk-bowl-shaping-up-to-be-a-battle-of-the-noisemakers/

Coach 57
12-29-2015, 03:58 PM
If you guys think they have no chance or even little chance to beat MSU you are crazy!

They competed very well Vs Clemson and UNC (both of which are pretty dog gone good).

They have a dynamo at RB (if he's still healthy and I think he is) and their QB can just about do what Dak does. He's a UF transfer and has a cannon for an arm! He's pretty good on his feet and doesn't mind checking it down. Their defense IS suspect but considering the elements we could be at a disadvantage in certain down and distances.

They have an excellent return guy that's a freshman who took one to the house Vs a very speedy Clemson team.

Make no mistake they are going to score. I actually think it will be closer than most MSU fans would like it to be because their QB normally doesn't turn the ball over. We have to limit our mistakes and punch it in for TDs NOT FGs!

They are going to get after our front 7 with decent OL play. It'll be interesting.

Bothrops
12-29-2015, 03:58 PM
I expect them to match up reasonably well with us on the LOS. They usually play hard for 4 quarters. Dak and Co. will need to find rythymn and never look back.

War Machine Dawg
12-29-2015, 04:02 PM
Check out my Offensive Preview.

archdog
12-29-2015, 06:14 PM
Yeah I posted this before I saw you write up.