PDA

View Full Version : Less than 2 months to first pitch

msstate7
12-26-2015, 10:00 PM
Anyone got a crystal ball for a starting lineup? Opening day starter?

Jack Lambert
12-26-2015, 10:02 PM
I want to know what the crystal ball has to say about bunts? Are we going to keep the same amount or are we going to swing away?

msstate7
12-26-2015, 10:04 PM
I want to know what the crystal ball has to say about bunts? Are we going to keep the same amount or are we going to swing away?

We're planning on bunting runner at 1st to 2nd with 1 out in addition to 0 outs this year... Staying ahead of the curve**

War Machine Dawg
12-26-2015, 10:11 PM
You should know by now The Meddler won't have a set lineup.

BeardoMSU
12-26-2015, 10:25 PM

http://youtu.be/WymGrFbTkRM

Tbonewannabe
12-26-2015, 11:08 PM
If Dakota Hudson does start opening day I hope that means we have a starter better than him.

Liverpooldawg
12-26-2015, 11:31 PM
Anyone got a crystal ball for a starting lineup? Opening day starter?

That close to the end of REAL sports in America? Baseball season, sigh,

Blackout
12-26-2015, 11:35 PM
That close to the end of REAL sports in America? Baseball season, sigh,

You're the worst. Again.

Todd4State
12-27-2015, 12:46 AM
My guess:

C- Collins
1B- Lowe
2B- Holland
3B- Spruill
SS- Gridley
LF- Rooker
CF- Robson
RF- Michael Smith
DH- Humphreys
P- Hudson

That's my opening day guess.

I suspect we'll see Marrero, Stovall, Luke Alexander, Cody Brown, Luke Reynolds, etc and multiple lineups throughout the year.

Todd4State
12-27-2015, 12:51 AM

I know you are being sarcastic but Robson and Smith are going to bunt a good bit to use their speed. I suspect we'll bunt about the same but at the same time I think we will have more power so hopefully we'll see more extra base hits as well. I think having guys like Rooker, Collins, Humphreys, and Reynolds should help. Plus the end of the Adidas bats.

Liverpooldawg
12-27-2015, 01:01 AM
You're the worst. Again.

To each his own. At least I still have the BPL on Saturday mornings! There is a reason baseball has always been described as the "national pastime" and not the national sport. ;)

Backwoodsdawg
12-27-2015, 01:53 AM
My guess:

C- Collins
1B- Lowe
2B- Holland
3B- Spruill
SS- Gridley
LF- Rooker
CF- Robson
RF- Michael Smith
DH- Humphreys
P- Hudson

I suspect we'll see Marrero, Stovall, Luke Alexander, Cody Brown, Luke Reynolds, etc and multiple lineups throughout the year.

Gonna be kinda hard for Spurill to start opening day when he is no longer on the roster! Might better make another guess at 3rd.

Todd4State
12-27-2015, 02:00 AM
Gonna be kinda hard for Spurill to start opening day when he is no longer on the roster! Might better make another guess at 3rd.

My bad on that! I'll go with Jacob Barfield then.

Dallas_Dawg
12-27-2015, 02:08 AM
Liverpool, I've read your posts often, only because they are frequent. You are either a troll or a douche.
And for the record, soccer sucks and is for pussies that are afraid to play football.
Troll on Phucker

DogDaddy
12-27-2015, 09:47 AM
CF - Robson
C - Kruger
3B - Collins
RF - Rooker
DH - Humphreys
1B - Gordon
2B - Holland
LF - Smith/Brown
SS - Gridley
P - Hudson

Backwoodsdawg
12-27-2015, 11:49 AM
My bad on that! I'll go with Jacob Barfield then.

That's a good choice but there is 2 problems with that one. #1 he played 3rd 0 times in the fall which is a pretty good sign of what the coaches think and #2 I think he will be wearing a shirt in the spring that is not same color red as the other 35. The rest of your line up looks good you just off your game a little at 3rd hahahaha!!

DudyDawg
12-27-2015, 02:38 PM
To each his own. At least I still have the BPL on Saturday mornings! There is a reason baseball has always been described as the "national pastime" and not the national sport. ;)

Gotta watch that Europa league push??*

msstate7
12-27-2015, 02:40 PM
That's a good choice but there is 2 problems with that one. #1 he played 3rd 0 times in the fall which is a pretty good sign of what the coaches think and #2 I think he will be wearing a shirt in the spring that is not same color red as the other 35. The rest of your line up looks good you just off your game a little at 3rd hahahaha!!

A baseball guy... Nice to have you on the board. Updates on how we look in practice would be greatly appreciated

ScottH
12-27-2015, 02:59 PM
Collins and Reynolds at 3rd.

Stovall will get some chances there also as well as elsewhere.

Blackout
12-27-2015, 03:21 PM
I'm glad to not have #35 Rea 1B penciled in anymore.

Liverpooldawg
12-27-2015, 06:43 PM
Liverpool, I've read your posts often, only because they are frequent. You are either a troll or a douche.
And for the record, soccer sucks and is for pussies that are afraid to play football.
Troll on Phucker

Ignorance is bliss, and yes when it comes to baseball I like to troll like this every now and then. Here is another reason fort y'all to look forward to baseball season: I don't post much about it because I can't stand to watch it. I will look to see if we won or not and that's about it.

Liverpooldawg
12-27-2015, 06:44 PM
Gotta watch that Europa league push??*

I HOPE we get that far. I'm not holding my breath. Watching my other team, Norwich City, try to stay up is going to be a lot more interesting I'm afraid.

Taog Redloh
12-27-2015, 06:52 PM
LULULULULULzzzzz

Todd the Expert

Taog Redloh
12-27-2015, 06:58 PM
C - Lovelady
1B - Lowe
2B - Holland
SS - Gridley
3B - Reynolds
LF - Brown
CF - Robson
RF - Rooker
DH - Collins

That's not exactly what I want to happen, just what I think WILL happen. Hudson on Friday, followed by Brown, Sexton and a freshman. Gordon will start a couple of games, hopefully Marrero too, which will move Collins out to 3B and Reynolds to DH. Smith will play in the OF. I imagine Alexander and Stovall will play a good bit up the middle.

Guys I'm curious to see are Young, Kruger, Humphreys and Poole. Want to see if Gentry and Billingsley come back strong too. So many unknowns.

Taog Redloh
12-27-2015, 06:59 PM
I'm glad to not have #35 Rea 1B penciled in anymore.
Getting started early, I see?

Let the guy go. He was a decent player for us for 4 years and did some good things. Good bulldog. Move on.

Todd4State
12-27-2015, 07:06 PM
LULULULULULzzzzz

Todd the Expert

Not sure why you are so jealous of me, but you look like a bitch.

gravedigger
12-27-2015, 07:06 PM
You're the worst. Again.

He isn't close.

Todd4State
12-27-2015, 07:08 PM

That tells me that Barfield isn't healthy yet- which isn't a great thing. The good news is it probably means Collins is more likely to play third base although I have heard that we told him that he is going to catch.

Taog Redloh
12-27-2015, 08:14 PM
It's because of opinions like this:

That tells me that Barfield isn't healthy yet- which isn't a great thing. The good news is it probably means Collins is more likely to play third base although I have heard that we told him that he is going to catch.
....which make absolutely no sense. I guess you don't realize that your posts reek of arrogance, as you have an undertone that you know what you're talking about, and talk down to other posters. The facts are, you are guessing like everyone else, put the problem with you is that it is blatantly obvious that you have not seen a single practice. Therefore, it is great entertainment to make fun of you.

To be jealous or envious of you, you'd have to have something I want (in this case, insider MSU baseball knowledge). You ain't got it. Your insistence that Barfield should play 3B over Reynolds and Collins is proof enough of that.

Todd4State
12-27-2015, 09:04 PM
It's because of opinions like this:

....which make absolutely no sense. I guess you don't realize that your posts reek of arrogance, as you have an undertone that you know what you're talking about, and talk down to other posters. The facts are, you are guessing like everyone else, put the problem with you is that it is blatantly obvious that you have not seen a single practice. Therefore, it is great entertainment to make fun of you.

To be jealous or envious of you, you'd have to have something I want (in this case, insider MSU baseball knowledge). You ain't got it. Your insistence that Barfield should play 3B over Reynolds and Collins is proof enough of that.

So, you talk down to me and call me arrogant? Ironic.

I talk down to you because YOU talk down to me. Who else was I talking down to in this thread? LLink it or paste it for me asshole? It would have been arrogant if I insisted that Spruill would be the third baseman- I was mistaken and the poster cleared me up on that and I accepted that because that knowledge that he gave to the board adding something to the thread- and you call that arrogant? What an idiot.

The comment I made about Barfield was because he had a broken foot that knocked him out for most of the JUCO season and we weren't sure that he made it back for the regular season. If Barfield is indeed going to redshirt- that tells me that he is not fully healthy yet.

As far as why I picked Spruill- Collins has been told that he will catch some. THAT is fact. I think Collins is our best third base option and will probably end up there when Cohen gets done tinkering around and have stated it many times this offseason. However the topic was about OPENING DAY LINEUP- and I have a feeling that we might see Collins catch on opening day. No insider knowledge- but just a guess. And you know what- I'm probably way off especially knowing how Cohen is. Which I have no problem with. Of course- that's why I prefaced my post with "just a guess".

And why don't you tell all of us again why Ryan Rigby is going to be a high draft pick before you get banned again this time since you are claiming to be the all knowing of baseball? Completely ironic since I have yet to claim being the all knowing in baseball ONCE on this or any board.

DudyDawg
12-27-2015, 09:32 PM
C - Lovelady
1B - Lowe
2B - Holland
SS - Gridley
3B - Reynolds
LF - Brown
CF - Robson
RF - Rooker
DH - Collins

That's not exactly what I want to happen, just what I think WILL happen. Hudson on Friday, followed by Brown, Sexton and a freshman. Gordon will start a couple of games, hopefully Marrero too, which will move Collins out to 3B and Reynolds to DH. Smith will play in the OF. I imagine Alexander and Stovall will play a good bit up the middle.

Guys I'm curious to see are Young, Kruger, Humphreys and Poole. Want to see if Gentry and Billingsley come back strong too. So many unknowns.

Who's Brown?

No tatum in the starting rotation?

Schultzy
12-27-2015, 09:46 PM
Cody

Collins is an All SEC hitter but not an SEC catcher, which matters a lot.

DudyDawg
12-27-2015, 10:34 PM
Cody

Collins is an All SEC hitter but not an SEC catcher, which matters a lot.

Cody brown in the starting rotation?

Taog Redloh
12-27-2015, 10:58 PM
Cody brown in the starting rotation?

Daniel Brown

I seen it dawg
12-27-2015, 11:02 PM
Daniel the pitcher

DudyDawg
12-27-2015, 11:03 PM
Daniel Brown

Ahhhh. That's why I asked ha.

messageboardsuperhero
12-27-2015, 11:25 PM
I would rather have Daniel Brown coming out of the pen, but that's just me. Tatum has the starter's build and Brown looks like a reliever long-term, a la Lindgren.

If it was me:
C Marrero (or Kruger)
1B Lowe
2B Holland
3B Collins
SS Gridley
OF Smith
OF Robson
OF Rooker
DH Humphreys

What I bet we do see:
C Collins
1B Lowe
2B Holland
3B Reynolds
SS Gridley
OF Smith/Brown
OF Robson
OF Rooker
DH Humphreys

Blackout
12-27-2015, 11:29 PM
I guess you don't realize that your posts reek of arrogance. Therefore, it is great entertainment to make fun of you.

Hahaha this is great

Taog Redloh
12-28-2015, 09:57 AM
I would rather have Daniel Brown coming out of the pen, but that's just me. Tatum has the starter's build and Brown looks like a reliever long-term, a la Lindgren.
They both started some this summer, so you may get that wish. But you know that something weird is going to happen and the rotation will be all jacked up by the end of the year, for better or worse. I would not be surprised if Hudson ended up as our closer. And that wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing, because we don't have one right now. If Brown, Sexton and Tatum step up, why not? I'm not saying that will happen......the point is there is always some weirdness with our pitching staff. Maybe not now, since Butch is gone, but even still, the flow of the program comes from the head guy, and Coinz gonna Coinz.

Political Hack
12-28-2015, 10:20 AM
My guess:

C- Collins
1B- Lowe
2B- Holland
3B- Spruill
SS- Gridley
LF- Rooker
CF- Robson
RF- Michael Smith
DH- Humphreys
P- Hudson

If Cody Brown (and the only sack we had on this team last year) aren't starting every day, Cohen needs to be hit with a 2x4 across his face. He can play defense, he gets on base, and he can run.

State82
12-28-2015, 11:09 AM
If Cody Brown (and the only sack we had on this team last year) aren't starting every day, Cohen needs to be hit with a 2x4 across his face. He can play defense, he gets on base, and he can run.

I've been impressed with Cody since he got here. He's a ball player for sure.

DistrictDawg92
12-28-2015, 02:25 PM
Cody Brown is the type guy that is not flashy on paper, but will play A LOT due to consistency and experience. Anyone that thinks Cody Brown will not start at least 75% of the games this year obviously hasn't followed MSU baseball under Cohen.

Blackout
12-28-2015, 02:58 PM
Cody Brown is the type guy that is not flashy on paper, but will play A LOT due to consistency and experience. Anyone that thinks Cody Brown will not start at least 75% of the games this year obviously hasn't followed MSU baseball under Cohen.

I bet he doesn't start 75% of the games.

I seen it dawg
12-29-2015, 12:22 AM
I have a Cody brown question...what has Michael smith or Reid humphreys done for that matter to start in the outfield over Cody? Not what you think they could someday do but what have they DONE?

Blackout
12-29-2015, 01:09 AM
I have a Cody brown question...what has Michael smith or Reid humphreys done for that matter to start in the outfield over Cody? Not what you think they could someday do but what have they DONE?

Not a damn thing. But you know Cody will sit vs LHP.

Taog Redloh
12-29-2015, 10:23 AM
I tend to agree. Again, this whole thread hasn't been about what we want, it's about what will happen. Rooker and Robson will start, no questions asked. Rooker MAY end up at DH due to other changes, but most likely we are only looking at 1 open OF spot. Coinz platooned Demarcus Henderson all year long his senior year, after he had been a pivotal cog in our CWS run. So yeah, it's not going to surprise me to see Cody Brown sit against LHP.

Plus, he's a very streaky player in general.

I seen it dawg
12-29-2015, 01:29 PM

I would like to think we would have a right handed bat we could run out there