PDA

View Full Version : Rumors on our Juniors

Coach34
12-26-2015, 12:11 PM
Chris Jones is NFL bound

Bear has backed off his stance of leaving and is waiting until after the bowl game to decide. He is actually listening to the fact that another year would help him- plus this is a deep WR draft

Bennie Brown is leaning toward leaving. This is surprising. He will likely go undrafted and have to work his way in as a FA.

starkvegasdawg
12-26-2015, 12:23 PM
Can't believe he'd risk being an UFA. Somebody must have gotten in his head and told him they know more than the scouts. Hope this isn't some uncle wanting to be a manager.

thf24
12-26-2015, 12:36 PM
Can't believe he'd risk being an UFA. Somebody must have gotten in his head and told him they know more than the scouts. Hope this isn't some uncle wanting to be a manager.

I don't know anything, but I would guess another factor is in play. A guy as smart as Beni doesn't strike me as the type who would fall for that kind of thing.

pdawg10msu
12-26-2015, 12:42 PM
I think CJ will dominate at the combine.

HoopsDawg
12-26-2015, 12:42 PM
I don't know anything, but I would guess another factor is in play. A guy as smart as Beni doesn't strike me as the type who would fall for that kind of thing.

If Beni leaves, I hope we go ahead and commit to the 4-2-5 and slide either Peters or McLaurin down to the Husky position.

The only thing about Bear that concerns me is he didn't file paperwork to get evaluated.

HoopsDawg
12-26-2015, 12:43 PM
I think CJ will dominate at the combine.

Agree, I think 3-4 teams will love him as a DE and 4-3 will like him as a 3 tech. He won't be around in the bottom of the 2nd round.

HSVDawg
12-26-2015, 01:15 PM
The only thing about Bear that concerns me is he didn't file paperwork to get evaluated.

Wouldn't that possibly indicate he's already decided to stay?

BeastMan
12-26-2015, 02:28 PM
If you think about Beni it makes sense. You're talking about a really smart guy who will have his degree. He's been more of a cerebral player than a physical freak. He's not getting that much bigger or faster by playing another year so his draft stock won't change much by coming back. If he doesn't make it, he can go ahead and start life after football. As a fan I want him to stay but if he doesn't, I get it.

Jacksondevildog
12-26-2015, 02:35 PM
If you think about Beni it makes sense. You're talking about a really smart guy who will have his degree. He's been more of a cerebral player than a physical freak. He's not getting that much bigger or faster by playing another year so his draft stock won't change much by coming back. If he doesn't make it, he can go ahead and start life after football. As a fan I want him to stay but if he doesn't, I get it.

Agree with your post, but Brown can for sure play football next year at Mississippi State. He cannot for sure played in the NFL. No guarantees.

msstate7
12-26-2015, 02:40 PM
If I were a fringe nfl player like Benny, I'd come back and require that Mullen play me on special teams. If Benny could prove to be a solid lb and a good special teams player, it'd really help him make an nfl roster. Of course, if Benny stinks at ST, he'd most likely really hurt his nfl chances

Coach34
12-26-2015, 03:40 PM
Agree with Beast. Staying another year won't help Bennie's draft status.

I hate it for us- but wish him well if that's his choice

bulldawg28
12-26-2015, 03:59 PM

Benni leaning towards leaving ? Where did you get this info? Not buying this one. He entered his name but for insight what the NFL thought of him. He hasn't even gotten feedback back yet.

somebodyshotmypaw
12-26-2015, 04:21 PM
Benni leaning towards leaving ? Where did you get this info? Not buying this one. He entered his name but for insight what the NFL thought of him. He hasn't even gotten feedback back yet.

David Murray reported it about 2-3 weeks ago that Benni was strongly considering it. It has been common knowledge for a few weeks that he is leaning that way. It is far from a done deal, and he may very well come back. But Benni is exploring his options and would like to move on. Remember that some of these guys that redshirted already have a degree, and grad school doesn't appeal to many.

Coach34
12-26-2015, 04:56 PM

I got it from inside the football team. I'm not guaranteeing him leaving- but don't be surprised if it happens

Blackout
12-26-2015, 05:00 PM
If Benni is a likely undrafted FA as you say then the only thing to help his draft status is to stay.

maroonmania
12-26-2015, 05:20 PM

Yes, but he gets to enjoy finishing out his college career as a leader on the team. Beni is likely not a long term pro player any way. Nothing about him screams out to me that he is a solid high round NFL prospect. Not saying he can't hook on with a team for a while but no reason for him to give up his SR year.

Coach34
12-26-2015, 05:22 PM
Yes, but he gets to enjoy finishing out his college career as a leader on the team. Beni is likely not a long term pro player any way. Nothing about him screams out to me that he is a solid high round NFL prospect. Not saying he can't hook on with a team for a while but no reason for him to give up his SR year.

Alot of those guys goal is to wear a pro jersey- not a college jersey. They dont mind sacrificing a year of college to chase their dream

Coursesuper
12-26-2015, 06:16 PM
If then LB is one place that we can take a hit and keep up. Not do sure about DT that will leave a mark.

HancockCountyDog
12-26-2015, 06:23 PM
Agree with your post, but Brown can for sure play football next year at Mississippi State. He cannot for sure played in the NFL. No guarantees.

Yeah, but if you have a 25% chance to make several 100 thousand in the NFL, versus 100% playing for free, it's an easy call.

Jarius
12-26-2015, 06:30 PM
Benni browm isn't leaving or leaning towards leaving. I talked to jamoral yesterday and your source is full of shit

mic
12-26-2015, 06:48 PM
Benni browm isn't leaving or leaning towards leaving. I talked to jamoral yesterday and your source is full of shit

Well I don't know who coach 34 source is inside the program..
But I was told the same thing .. Didn't say Bennie was going to declare but he talked about it more than CJ

Coach34
12-26-2015, 07:38 PM

Here we go again. And Mullen wasn't talking to any other teams was he???

Jarius
12-26-2015, 07:41 PM
Ok. Well I will bet anyone on this site any amount of money that they would like to throw down that beniquez brown is not leaving. I'm sure I will have tons of takers. Jesus ****ing christ

mic
12-26-2015, 08:02 PM
Ok. Well I will bet anyone on this site any amount of money that they would like to throw down that beniquez brown is not leaving. I'm sure I will have tons of takers. Jesus ****ing christ

I didn't say he was leaving... But he has been the most vocal about the possibility of declaring early..

Coach34
12-26-2015, 08:09 PM

nobody has said he was 100% gone

HancockCountyDog
12-26-2015, 08:22 PM
I don't get many things right, but I predicted that Benni may consider leaving early after this year.

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?31242-serious-question/page2

Coach34
12-26-2015, 08:35 PM
I don't get many things right, but I predicted that Benni may consider leaving early after this year.

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?31242-serious-question/page2

very nice

Some people get way too worked up. It was a simple convo I had.

C34- "So what's going on with the team???"

< redacted >- "same ol same ol...I think we will be ready to play in Charlotte"

C34- "What's Wilson saying? He want to join Jones or he is the only one we lose???"

<redacted>- "Jones gone. Wilson 50/50 and I wouldn't be surprised if he stayed. Deep draft and the coaches starting to break thru on him. Check this tho- freaking Benni may bolt. He is seriously considering it"

I won't post my response- but it was just a casual convo with someone spends a lot of time around the team. Let's play a bowl game and see what happens after. Benni leaves- good for him. Benni stays? Good for us.

BoomBoom
12-26-2015, 08:46 PM

Except that he had a worse year than the year before. I think he could do better and improve his draft stock, especially if the D overall improves.

Coach34
12-26-2015, 08:49 PM
Except that he had a worse year than the year before. I think he could do better and improve his draft stock, especially if the D overall improves.

there is no way our overall D will improve

Liverpooldawg
12-26-2015, 08:50 PM

Nice.

Liverpooldawg
12-26-2015, 08:51 PM

That's the spirit.

Liverpooldawg
12-26-2015, 08:52 PM
Here we go again. And Mullen wasn't talking to any other teams was he???

Clueless.

Coach34
12-26-2015, 08:57 PM
That's the spirit.

We're losing 4 draft picks on defense- Calhoun, Jones, Ry Brown, and Redmond. There is zero chance we will have a better defense in 2016. Shit- it was painfully obvious how much we dropped after Redmond went down. Its got nothing to do with spirit- and everything to do with reality and talent.

Coach34
12-26-2015, 08:58 PM
Clueless.

Yes- you have proven lately you are damn near braindead. Tell us again about how Gavin isnt an SEC worthy player.....

Todd4State
12-26-2015, 09:03 PM
Clueless.

Paul Jones confirmed that Dan talked to Miami in a phone interview.

basedog
12-26-2015, 09:13 PM
Way to early to know if we will be worse or better on defense. I like our youth, there are some who will be much improved.

Jarius
12-26-2015, 09:16 PM
if Benni brown leaves he
Will not be drafted. He knows that. The coaches know that. The scouts know that. Your sources are full of shit. Or you don't have any and are just spewing bs.

msstate7
12-26-2015, 09:18 PM
Way to early to know if we will be worse or better on defense. I like our youth, there are some who will be much improved.
We were really bad at creating TOs this year particularly fumbles (1). If we force more TOs next season, our defense could be better even after losing talent

Todd4State
12-26-2015, 09:28 PM

If we start Coman, Cleveland, and Giles we're going to be real bad in the secondary.

HancockCountyDog
12-26-2015, 09:30 PM
if Benni brown leaves he
Will not be drafted. He knows that. The coaches know that. The scouts know that. Your
A pieces are full of shit. Or you don't have any and are just spewing bs.

How does his draft stock improve with another year?

Blackout
12-26-2015, 09:33 PM
How does his draft stock improve with another year?

If he is an undrafted FA now then there is a 0% chance his draft stock can get worse by coming back.

Pinto
12-26-2015, 09:34 PM
We were really bad at creating TOs this year particularly fumbles (1). If we force more TOs next season, our defense could be better even after losing talent

We won't cause more turnovers next year. Our coaches are 100% on board with hawk tackling. It is great for player safety but terrible for turnovers.

MarketingBully
12-26-2015, 09:36 PM

Yeah, Diaz's defense is predicated on forcing turnovers. Durr is going to be a good CB for us and should at least lock down one side. Our safety play is going to be really good with Peters and Bryant so there is a possibility our secondary is better. If we can get Simmons and Green can make the transition to DE, we could be decent on the DL. Jefferson will be back and that is a big plus. I could see us creating more turnovers next year since Manny will be here at least two years. We overall could be better even losing Jones, Redmond, and Calhoun.

Coach34
12-26-2015, 09:48 PM

This will be the 1st State team to ever lose 4 draft picks and get better if it happens. We WILL NOT be as good at those 4 positions next year as we were this year.

msstate7
12-26-2015, 09:52 PM
This will be the 1st State team to ever lose 4 draft picks and get better if it happens. We WILL NOT be as good at those 4 positions next year as we were this year.

Yeah, I'm not predicting we're better defensively next season. Just saying how it's possible, not probable

Coach34
12-26-2015, 09:55 PM
Yeah, Diaz's defense is predicated on forcing turnovers. Durr is going to be a good CB for us and should at least lock down one side. Our safety play is going to be really good with Peters and Bryant so there is a possibility our secondary is better. If we can get Simmons and Green can make the transition to DE, we could be decent on the DL. Jefferson will be back and that is a big plus. I could see us creating more turnovers next year since Manny will be here at least two years. We overall could be better even losing Jones, Redmond, and Calhoun.

Based on what? There is nothing out there that suggests Durr is going to be an SEC lockdown CB. You HOPE and pray that he can be good- but it always takes a juco half the season to get ready to play anyway. We wont be near as good at CB next year. Calhoun locked Treadwell down- and the rest of their WR's ate our lunch. UPig torched us. Bama made big plays vs us. Mizzou had their best output against us in 5 or 6 games against previous opponents. Once Redmond went down- our D was hurting.

What if Green doesnt make the transition? What if they decide to put him back at LB? Our DL is not going to be as good next year with out Jones and Brown. We're losing a late 1st-2nd round pick at DT and replacing him with nothing close. Brown is not playing in the bowl game- so we will get a good look at the future there.

basedog
12-26-2015, 10:04 PM
Way to early 34. U shouldn't be so negative this far out. U never know who will emerge. Also not many teams in today's era play good defense. Only a few in the SEC, it now about the offense and special teams. Scoring is going up yearly now days.
Let's wait and see.

HancockCountyDog
12-26-2015, 10:07 PM
If he is an undrafted FA now then there is a 0% chance his draft stock can get worse by coming back.

He comes back, he is UDFA. He goes, he is UDFA. If he thinks he can make a team now, why waste a year and risk injury. He gives it a good shot, maybe he makes a practice squad. If he comes back, he gains nothing and risks injury and loses a potential year of earning if he does make it.

Sure, it's not good for MSU, but for Benni, it makes sense. I'd say the same thing for Richie Brown, AJ Jefferson, and Fred Ross. Bear and Nick James could improve their draft stock, because they have the measurables.

Coach34
12-26-2015, 10:10 PM
Way to early 34. U shouldn't be so negative this far out. U never know who will emerge. Also not many teams in today's era play good defense. Only a few in the SEC, it now about the offense and special teams. Scoring is going up yearly now days.
Let's wait and see.

Not being negative- its something that is painfully obvious. We will not be as good in those positions next year. Redmond was working his way into Round 1. Jones is a 2nd round pick. Calhoun is a draft pick. Brown will get drafted and has a great shot to up his stock in the East-West game if he is healthy enough to give it a go.

You dont lose what we lost at those 4 positions and expect to be better- especially when we have already seen whats behind them. Jiles, Cleveland, and Coman will be in the mix at their positions- guaranteed. We arent going to drop those guys off the 2 deep suddenly. Durr is a juco. Smitherman hasnt played a down of SEC football. We dont have anybody close to being draft pick level at CB.

BoomBoom
12-26-2015, 10:16 PM

It would require our secondary being better. Yes, that would require an increase in performance from the younger CBs. It does happen. Better scheming may help too. But regardless, if the secondary improves then the D will be better, no matter if we lose a great DT and good LB.

basedog
12-26-2015, 10:21 PM
CB is biggest question mark. We will be ok with front 7. My concern isn't defense. Teams have to score and score a lot now days.

Coach34
12-26-2015, 10:24 PM
It would require our secondary being better. Yes, that would require an increase in performance from the younger CBs. It does happen. Better scheming may help too. But regardless, if the secondary improves then the D will be better, no matter if we lose a great DT and good LB.

Name one team that lost 2 draft picks at CB and got better in the Secondary the next year. Just one

Hell, thats the exact thing we made fun of OM people for- saying they would be better in the Secondary after losing Golsen and the safety from Bay Springs- and guess what??? They werent

msstate7
12-26-2015, 10:29 PM
Name one team that lost 2 draft picks at CB and got better the next year. Just one

'12 we lost banks and slay to the nfl. We were 8th in total defense in the sec (387.4 yards/game). In '13, we were 4th in sec in total defense (349.3 yds/game)

BoomBoom
12-26-2015, 10:32 PM
Name one team that lost 2 draft picks at CB and got better in the Secondary the next year. Just one

Hell, thats the exact thing we made fun of OM people for- saying they would be better in the Secondary after losing Golsen and the safety from Bay Springs- and guess what??? They werent

Name one that had 2 draft CBs and the rest schlubs. If we put 4 average CBs/S out there, we WILL be better. It will probably happen at S, 50/50 at CB. Especially since the schedule is backloaded, giving those Jucos time to get up to speed.

maroonmania
12-26-2015, 10:34 PM

Good point. Hard to believe that Diaz could direct a defense that led the nation in forcing turnovers one year and then direct our defense that was so ineffective at forcing turnovers the next. We were actually dead last in the nation in turnovers by fumble. Law of averages, if nothing else, says we should be somewhat better in that aspect defensively next year.

preachermatt83
12-26-2015, 10:50 PM
Benni is not going anywhere... Neither is Bear. CJ is the only Junior who will declare.

Coach34
12-26-2015, 10:55 PM
'12 we lost banks and slay to the nfl. We were 8th in total defense in the sec (387.4 yards/game). In '13, we were 4th in sec in total defense (349.3 yds/game)

And we replaced Cherry and Devin Jones at DT with PJ and Eulls- we got more talented on the DL. WE arent doing that on the DL in 2016. Its getting worse

HancockCountyDog
12-26-2015, 11:49 PM
And we replaced Cherry and Devin Jones at DT with PJ and Eulls- we got more talented on the DL. WE arent doing that on the DL in 2016. Its getting worse

We also added Chris Jones who was a freak. Simmons would be close, but still not the physical freak that Chris was when he got here in 2013.

Todd4State
12-27-2015, 01:21 AM

Seriously, what makes you think that Dan is not going to play Coman, Cleveland, and Giles? I agree that they shouldn't start but Dan is going play the veteran guys most of the snaps no matter how bad they are.

I seriously think that there is a much higher chance of Durr being redshirted than it is of becoming a lockdown corner on day one. And not because I think you are wrong about Durr- it's because it's what Dan does.

Dawg61
12-27-2015, 02:01 AM
Lol only C34 would make such a definitive prediction on a team that just finished DEAD LAST in all of the NCAA at recovering fumbles. One ****ing fumble. They get two next year and they have improved. Good luck with that C34.

raymond21
12-27-2015, 08:25 AM

You may be correct in saying " at those 4 positions" but we could very well be better as a unit

raymond21
12-27-2015, 08:28 AM

it will not be any worse

BoomBoom
12-27-2015, 12:47 PM

And next year we'll be replacing zach jackson and both safeties with equivalent uogrades. Regardless, the strength of a chain is determined by its weakest link, not the strongest. This is increasingly true of defenses in this age of great offensive coaching and scouting, where weaknesses are exploited to the max. In '13 our NFL CBs were playing 20 yards off the ****** line. I say that was *****ass coaching, others said that was a neccesity due to our shitty line. But clearly the line was the weak link. We improved there, and the entire defense improved even though we lost 2 NFL CBs. For the last 2 years, our weak link has obviously been the secondary. We improve there, and the defense will improve, even if our strongest links get a little weaker.

BoomBoom
12-27-2015, 12:49 PM
Seriously, what makes you think that Dan is not going to play Coman, Cleveland, and Giles? I agree that they shouldn't start but Dan is going play the veteran guys most of the snaps no matter how bad they are.

I seriously think that there is a much higher chance of Durr being redshirted than it is of becoming a lockdown corner on day one. And not because I think you are wrong about Durr- it's because it's what Dan does.

Truth. But theres a decent chance that the young guys improve to average. Especially with Peters, McLauren and Bryant.

Coach34
12-27-2015, 02:30 PM
I love how people think suddenly Coman isnt going to play and play a lot even with 7 years of evidence from Mullen. I'll be shocked if he doesn't start

CadaverDawg
12-27-2015, 02:37 PM
Color me stunned if the starting secondary for game 1 isn't....

Safeties:
Coman
Bryant

Corners:
Jiles
Cleveland

Dan starts experience over potential damn near every time. I actually think Jiles will earn a starting spot, so I'm not as worried about him as I am Coman & Ckeveland. I thought Jiles played pretty well for the most part. Same for Bryant.

BoomBoom
12-27-2015, 03:23 PM
Color me stunned if the starting secondary for game 1 isn't....

Safeties:
Coman
Bryant

Corners:
Jiles
Cleveland

Dan starts experience over potential damn near every time. I actually think Jiles will earn a starting spot, so I'm not as worried about him as I am Coman & Ckeveland. I thought Jiles played pretty well for the most part. Same for Bryant.

i'm not worried about Game 1, and i'm not worried about the "starters". Coman will "start", but he very well may not get the majority of snaps. same with CBs.

Coach34
12-27-2015, 05:34 PM
i'm not worried about Game 1, and i'm not worried about the "starters". Coman will "start", but he very well may not get the majority of snaps. same with CBs.

Robert Johnson, Jameon Lewis, Cherry, and numerous others laugh at this post