PDA

View Full Version : Three and a half weeks cant come faster

Raytoraid83
08-05-2013, 08:02 PM
Friend sent me this that was posted on the spirit, amazing what a 7-6 season and one recruiting class can do.

"...we control the states recruits and MSUx will be in BIG trouble...and they know it...we can match up regionally and nationally with big boys....they can't...the top instate players are there bread and butter so they can beat Kentucky, there nonconference cupcakes, and maybe surprise a Arkansas or Auburn or us a down year and get their 6 in order to go to the toilet bowl...they'll take every year, us, in the other hand, have higher aspirations than they do...they like to "believe" they can make it to Atlanta but with Mullen as coach, honestly, do you think they'll be able to sniff 4th in the SECW this year? With a unproven WR, sunbelt caliber OL, unproven secondary and lackluster recruiting classes since Mullet has taken the reigns? I hope he stays forever, wins 6, miraculously beats us 1/10 years years while we're in the running for Atlanta and NCAA titles...imho"

woozman
08-05-2013, 08:11 PM
Don't fret, it'll be here before you know it - the season will come faster than an OM recruit on his official visit....

Jacksondevildog
08-05-2013, 08:11 PM
I was talking to a rebel coworker today about the experience of playing for the national title and they were quick to point out that they had a top 5 recruiting class in February. Some of them don't give a shit about the actual games on the field because they know they cannot win (nationally), but they feel like they are relevant because they paid for a few players in February. Top 5 recruiting class does not equal top 5 national program.

Raytoraid83
08-05-2013, 08:29 PM
Hilarious the unrealistic expectations they have for both themselves and state.

Gen. Grant
08-05-2013, 08:36 PM
They see sings of improvement and they are nipping at the heels of a NC, they are down to vandy at the half and they leave the stadium cursing and ready to win the party. I will never understand them.

Coach34
08-05-2013, 09:40 PM
I was talking to a rebel coworker today about the experience of playing for the national title and they were quick to point out that they had a top 5 recruiting class in February.

You should remind him that since Brassell and Arshad Jackson are no longer there- they no longer have a top 10 class

It_Could_Happen
08-05-2013, 09:43 PM
A class that has lost two of its marquee players... Everyone on their end keeps forgetting that

messageboardsuperhero
08-05-2013, 10:06 PM
Friend sent me this that was posted on the spirit, amazing what a 7-6 season and one recruiting class can do.

"...we control the states recruits and MSUx will be in BIG trouble...and they know it...1. we can match up regionally and nationally with big boys....they can't...the top instate players are there bread and butter so they can beat Kentucky, there nonconference cupcakes, and 2. maybe surprise a Arkansas or Auburn or us a down year and 3. get their 6 in order to go to the toilet bowl...they'll take every year, 4. us, in the other hand, have higher aspirations than they do...5. they like to "believe" they can make it to Atlanta but with Mullen as coach, honestly, do you think they'll be able to sniff 4th in the SECW this year? With a unproven WR, 6. sunbelt caliber OL, unproven secondary and 7. lackluster recruiting classes since Mullet has taken the reigns? I hope he stays forever, wins 6, 8. miraculously beats us 1/10 years years while 9. we're in the running for Atlanta and NCAA titles...10. imho"

I wasn't going to comment on this at first, but my God, I just can't help it:

1. Yeah, okay. That's why Mississippi State's athletic program brought in almost $20 Mil. more in total revenue than UM's last year, and UM barely edged out Mizzou for dead last in the SEC (although I don't think Vandy reports their numbers since they are a private school). http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/schools/finances/

2. I can't always argue with Arkansas and Auburn, but does he realize that State has won three of the last four Egg Bowls? And since the series has moved back to being played on the campuses (in 1991), State holds a 12-10 advantage. That's just an absurdly ignorant statement by a total dumbass who has no clue what he's talking about.

3. Says the member of the fanbase who damn near collectively shat their pants about getting a chance to play in the Birmingham Bowl this year.

4. Oh really? You mean like winning the party? Or winning the press conference in February?

5. A UM fan talking shit about Atlanta is almost as funny as one talking about Omaha.

6. We must have the best damn OLine in the Sunbelt this year. We return all five starters from a unit that was top 5 in the SEC last year in pass blocking, while having to protect a not very mobile QB who holds on to the ball really long.

7. We've had back to back top 20-25 classes. We also have national award watch list players at literally almost every position, and most of them were recruited by Mullen.

8. If that's the pace he wants, he better hope UM wins the Egg bowl for the next three decades straight, since we've already won three of the last four.

9. I've got nothing. That doesn't even warrant a response.

10. Yes, it is your opinion and no one else's.

Jacksondevildog
08-05-2013, 10:08 PM
Nm

You should remind him that since Brassell and Arshad Jackson are no longer there- they no longer have a top 10 class

hailmari
08-05-2013, 10:29 PM

"...we control the states recruits and MSUx will be in BIG trouble...and they know it...we can match up regionally and nationally with big boys....they can't...the top instate players are there bread and butter so they can beat Kentucky, there nonconference cupcakes, and maybe surprise a Arkansas or Auburn or us a down year and get their 6 in order to go to the toilet bowl...they'll take every year, us, in the other hand, have higher aspirations than they do...they like to "believe" they can make it to Atlanta but with Mullen as coach, honestly, do you think they'll be able to sniff 4th in the SECW this year? With a unproven WR, sunbelt caliber OL, unproven secondary and lackluster recruiting classes since Mullet has taken the reigns? I hope he stays forever, wins 6, miraculously beats us 1/10 years years while we're in the running for Atlanta and NCAA titles...imho"

That shows me how well this guy knows his stuff..

HereComesTheSpiral
08-06-2013, 08:51 AM

What is this guy talking about? This guy needs to learn how to put a comprehensive sentence together before talking shit about another school. That post just makes him come off as a backwoods sister ****ing piece of trailer trash.

FISHDAWG
08-06-2013, 09:11 AM
very well played

DawgInMemphis
08-06-2013, 09:41 AM

If you're going to trash your rival school, at least use correct grammar. It takes the zing out of your punchline(s) when you have the English skills of a 4th grader.

Barking 13
08-06-2013, 10:46 AM
Don't fret, it'll be here before you know it - the season will come faster than an OM recruit on his official visit....

you owe me a computer screen... just spewed sweet tea all over it..... :D