PDA

View Full Version : Confession of a "slimeball"

notsofarawaydawg
12-25-2015, 02:59 PM
Former Cincinnati assistant basketball coach confesses (http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/tim-sullivan/2015/12/24/confessions-college-hoops-slimeball/77318732/)

starkvegasdawg
12-25-2015, 03:58 PM
When reached for comment Hugh Freeze replied curtly, "He's an amateur."

mic
12-25-2015, 05:01 PM
The UMiss 30 for 30 is going to be great....

ShotgunDawg
12-25-2015, 06:11 PM
Would you rather have a coach like this or an Xs and Os savant?

I think the Xs and Os guys think too highly of themselves to stoop to this level, but is this what it take in college sports?

Every non traditional powerhouse that has competed for a national title, other than Oregon, has done it through recruiting and even Oregon recruited well.

Miami and Colorado are the first two to come to mind that did it through recruiting and not Xs and Os.

HoopsDawg
12-25-2015, 07:07 PM

I think the Xs and Os guys think too highly of themselves to stoop to this level, but is this what it take in college sports?

Every non traditional powerhouse that has competed for a national title, other than Oregon, has done it through recruiting and even Oregon recruited well.

Miami and Colorado are the first two to come to mind that did it through recruiting and not Xs and Os.

I've heard several respected football people say Bob Davie is the best X and O guy in the business so.....

Blackout
12-25-2015, 07:27 PM
Would you rather have a coach like this or an Xs and Os savant?.

I'd like to have at least one in football.

Basketball we have a good chance at both.

Baseball we can definitely recruit although the rules limit us compared to lotto states. Wes Johnson may be the X's and O's savant we need.

Football is 0-2 on the options.

Todd4State
12-25-2015, 08:40 PM

I'd like the coordinators to be X's and O's guys and the rest be elite recruiters. If I had to have one or the other- give me a recruiter.

Coach34
12-25-2015, 11:02 PM
Yet some of our fans think 40K is a lot for a top recruit

dawgoneyall
12-25-2015, 11:27 PM
DA's will be DA's

dawgoneyall
12-25-2015, 11:31 PM
I am left cold with that story. Freezing would be more appropriate.

1bigdawg
12-26-2015, 08:46 AM
In the 70s, I knew a player who was one of the top Basketball recruits in the nation who also went on to an NBA career. He said that, "Players don't sign with a school because of money, the school you really want to go to will match whatever someone else is offering."

Just life.

RougeDawg
12-28-2015, 08:58 PM
If you redacted the sport, names, universities and dates from this article, one would think it was a current SEC West football coach coming out with these admissions.