PDA

View Full Version : Updated NBA mock draft info on Newman:

Jacksondevildog
12-24-2015, 08:37 PM
"Mississippi State G Malik Newman, once projected as the No. 4 pick in the Draft, has now fallen to 2nd round at 31."

Per Adam Zagoria on Twitter.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Malik-Newman-70467/mock-draft-history/

OurState
12-24-2015, 09:06 PM
"Mississippi State G Malik Newman, once projected as the No. 4 pick in the Draft, has now fallen to 2nd round at 31."

Per Adam Zagoria on Twitter.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Malik-Newman-70467/mock-draft-history/

This is a disaster. We need him to get back up the board fast.

Coach34
12-24-2015, 09:19 PM
This is a disaster. We need him to get back up the board fast.

**** noooooooo....we need him to stay a 2nd year to lead the 2016-2017 team. He will easily be a top 10 pick after next year

HoopsDawg
12-24-2015, 10:04 PM
Everyone needs to realize Malik is 1 and done. Ignore these mock drafts and pull for Malik to average 20/game this rest of the way bc he is NOT coming back.

msstate7
12-24-2015, 10:12 PM
Everyone needs to realize Malik is 1 and done. Ignore these mock drafts and pull for Malik to average 20/game this rest of the way bc he is NOT coming back.

What if he knocks down 20 a night, but it's at the 2? Wasn't his lottery projection based on Malik playing the 1?

state66
12-24-2015, 10:23 PM
Malik is a smart kid. If he sees himself as one of the last picks in the draft and knows hes a lottery pick, then hes coming back.

tireddawg
12-24-2015, 10:26 PM
Malik is a smart kid. If he sees himself as one of the last picks in the draft and knows hes a lottery pick, then hes coming back.

Malik is not coming back

Coach34
12-24-2015, 10:29 PM
He will only leave if he is a lottery pick. That comes from Horatio.

Dawg61
12-24-2015, 10:47 PM

There isn't a shot in hell he's a lottery pick next year. He isn't ready. Yes his stand still shot is probably ready but that's it. What's he gonna be a 6'2 Ray Allen? Hell no. His ball-handling is nowhere near NBA ready. I wish Newman the longest NBA career possible and that means he needs to come back next year. Do I think he can eventually become a lottery pick? Yes after he gets bigger and becomes a much improved dribbler.

Bothrops
12-24-2015, 10:51 PM
He seems to be getting up to speed.

HoopsDawg
12-24-2015, 11:22 PM

Steph Curry played the 2 his first year at Davidson. Then transitioned to the 1 his sophomore year, then went pro and went in the lottery. That's the path Malik should take. But he's pretty set on turning pro after this season. All it takes is one team to tell his camp they are drafting him- like Portland with Outlaw. Upside gets pretty low toward the bottom of the first round and Malik has upside.

MarketingBully
12-24-2015, 11:47 PM
Malik is not coming back

I love these State fans that are so definite with this shit. Hey dude, he ain't leaving unless he is a lottery pick. If he does that after this year, that means he tore up the SEC and we finished strong. I am all for that.

MarketingBully
12-24-2015, 11:48 PM

Ahh, really? Where did you hear this from?

HoopsDawg
12-25-2015, 12:11 AM
I love these State fans that are so definite with this shit. Hey dude, he ain't leaving unless he is a lottery pick.

Ahh, really. How do you know?

tireddawg
12-25-2015, 12:12 AM
I love these State fans that are so definite with this shit. Hey dude, he ain't leaving unless he is a lottery pick. If he does that after this year, that means he tore up the SEC and we finished strong. I am all for that.

It worked on Dak

MarketingBully
12-25-2015, 12:54 AM

This here. Because Horatio and Malik said as much. If Malik isn't a lottery pick, he will come back.

OurState
12-25-2015, 01:02 AM
**** noooooooo....we need him to stay a 2nd year to lead the 2016-2017 team. He will easily be a top 10 pick after next year

I think you are kidding... But if you aren't it's bad to take perceived one and done lottery pick and convert him to a two year player. Or worse a there year guy. Putts no guys in the NBA fast builds cred. This scream, "shoulda gone to Kentucky"

chef dixon
12-25-2015, 01:13 AM
What if he knocks down 20 a night, but it's at the 2? Wasn't his lottery projection based on Malik playing the 1?

I'm pretty sure malik has always been evaluated and projected by pro scouts as a 2. Him playing point is more just what he wants to do but the NBA will never see him as such.

MarketingBully
12-25-2015, 01:18 AM
I think you are kidding... But if you aren't it's bad to take perceived one and done lottery pick and convert him to a two year player. Or worse a there year guy. Putts no guys in the NBA fast builds cred. This scream, "shoulda gone to Kentucky"

This is dumb logic and only an idiot would use it as a recruiting tool against us. Also, the ONLY team that could use it against us is UK. Howland only has 20+ guys in the league including one and dones so that type of rhetoric in recruiting doesn't hold weight against us. If he stays for two years and is a lottery pick, who cares.

smootness
12-25-2015, 04:53 AM
I'm pretty sure malik has always been evaluated and projected by pro scouts as a 2. Him playing point is more just what he wants to do but the NBA will never see him as such.

No, he will have to be a 1 in the NBA.

engie
12-25-2015, 07:15 AM

You need to back away from this thread. Lots of "one and dones" play 2 or 3 years at Kentucky. Yeah -- Howland has 20 players in the league -- this one is totally gonna destroy his cred if he can't convert the guy who has been injured to a new position and get him out of there in one year.

CrookedLetta
12-25-2015, 10:45 AM
Very few 6'3/4" shooting guards make it in the NBA.

Political Hack
12-25-2015, 12:31 PM
There isn't a shot in hell he's a lottery pick next year. He isn't ready. Yes his stand still shot is probably ready but that's it. What's he gonna be a 6'2 Ray Allen? Hell no. His ball-handling is nowhere near NBA ready. I wish Newman the longest NBA career possible and that means he needs to come back next year. Do I think he can eventually become a lottery pick? Yes after he gets bigger and becomes a much improved dribbler.

He's fine handling the rock. His decision making needs time to mature while playing with better players around him and against him, but he has every skill you need to be a lottery pick. I think he needs to come back as of now to ensure that he's a top 10 type guy, but some folks are ready to go to the show. He may be one of them, but as smart as his dad is I can't see him making a mistake and jumping too early.

OurState
12-25-2015, 02:41 PM
You need to back away from this thread. Lots of "one and dones" play 2 or 3 years at Kentucky. Yeah -- Howland has 20 players in the league -- this one is totally gonna destroy his cred if he can't convert the guy who has been injured to a new position and get him out of there in one year.

First, I don't "need" to do anything tough guy.

Second, no one said this ruins Howland's credibility. But if Newman were a top 5 pick it would create momentum. Nothing is better than putting guys in the league quickly and painlessly.

The best thing for the program is for Newman to get in the league quickly and be successful.

Anyone who hopes players come back (in any sport) misses the big picture.

Coach34
12-25-2015, 02:58 PM
We already have momentum- and a top 5 recruiting class for next year. If Malik is lottery- he will leave. If not- he will stay a 2nd year and lead a very good, young team. It's win-win

MarketingBully
12-25-2015, 03:10 PM
We already have momentum- and a top 5 recruiting class for next year. If Malik is lottery- he will leave. If not- he will stay a 2nd year and lead a very good, young team. It's win-win

I approve and agree with this message. :)