PDA

View Full Version : Not exactly sure who this writer is but here's his take on Dak......Some of it I can

Saltydog
12-24-2015, 02:19 PM
agree with and some of it I would disagree with....I definitely don't see him being drafted that low (7th round).......Thoughts?

http://thedraftwire.usatoday.com/2015/12/24/everything-you-need-to-know-about-2016-nfl-draft-prospect-dak-prescott/

Leroy Jenkins
12-24-2015, 02:29 PM
My Guess, bottom of 2nd to top of 3rd.

CBS has him higher than I do as fo 3 days ago.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2016/QB

OurState
12-24-2015, 02:32 PM
agree with and some of it I would disagree with....I definitely don't see him being drafted that low (7th round).......Thoughts?

http://thedraftwire.usatoday.com/2015/12/24/everything-you-need-to-know-about-2016-nfl-draft-prospect-dak-prescott/

Seems old. The decision making comments don't jive with this year's numbers I wonder when he wrote it?

preachermatt83
12-24-2015, 02:38 PM
4th round at earliest.

Saltydog
12-24-2015, 02:44 PM
nt

Coach34
12-24-2015, 02:44 PM
He's a 3rd-4th round pick right now

GreenheadDawg
12-24-2015, 02:45 PM
I think that guy is being a little harsh. Sounds like he got his info from an OM fan. Like you said I can agree and disagree with some stuff but when he uses terms like "tremendous" inconsistency and huge project he loses credibility. Although Dak had a couple bad games, albeit the most important games, his numbers speak for itself. I think he's a 4th or 5th round pick

Ifyouonlyknew
12-24-2015, 02:49 PM
3rd or 4th unless absolutely kills the process beginning at the Sr bowl.

Political Hack
12-24-2015, 02:53 PM
I think and have thought for a long time (to the point of being ripped on here) that his ceiling is low 2nd or high 3rd. If he can make that happen, it would be great. I'd love to see the Eagles take him in the 3rd.

Coach34
12-24-2015, 02:55 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2016/QB

CBS ranks him as the 5th QB overall and 2nd round

nsvltndog
12-24-2015, 04:31 PM
The good news is there are several teams in the NFL that need help at either starting or backup QB. The ones that need starting help are more obvious b/c you see them every Sunday. Cowboys, Rams, Eagles, Texans, and Browns really stick out as needing help now. Some like the Jets and Bills also have to make decisions on whether they have the right pieces moving forward. Then you shift to aging QBs like Brees, Palmer, Rivers, Alex Smith, Brady, both Eli and Peyton Manning, several of which will likely be done playing within 3 seasons. Some of those may have clear backup plans in place, but point being is there is some need at the QB position in the NFL. This should benefit Dak and hopefully help him find a home with a team that is a good fit for his future.

OurState
12-24-2015, 04:40 PM
He's a 3rd-4th round pick right now

Nothing between 3rd and 7th would surprise me.

Maroonthirteen
12-24-2015, 05:55 PM
I have no idea what round he will go in but I would say that is an accurate assessment.

Only thing to add, in my opinion, Dak is a very good pocket QB when it isn't a big game. When the chips are on the table, he makes costly mistakes. However, He has a drive and winning attitude to overcome the minor limitations mentioned. If a NFL team will be patient with him, he will be the next Drew Breeze or R Wilson.

nsvltndog
12-24-2015, 06:15 PM
Only thing to add, in my opinion, Dak is a very good pocket QB when it isn't a big game. When the chips are on the table, he makes costly mistakes. However, He has a drive and winning attitude to overcome the minor limitations mentioned. If a NFL team will be patient with him, he will be the next Drew Breeze or R Wilson.

While true that he had some costly mistakes in big games, I would argue that he is a very good pocket QB when he is protected by his offensive line. We didn't see that happen in any big games this year.

ckDOG
12-24-2015, 06:18 PM
Nothing between 3rd and 7th would surprise me.

This. Loads of upside with Dak but there are some arm strength and mechanics concerns. Mid round QBs can be a crap shoot depending on pick order and timing. Won't be surprised with anything in this range.

Maroonthirteen
12-24-2015, 06:22 PM
Yeah, I could have worded that different.... I think once he doesn't feel the pressure to carry a team on his back. He will stop forcing passes and trying to do to much and fix a few of those weaknesses mentioned.

grinnindawg
12-24-2015, 07:37 PM
I'd like to see him go where he could back up an athletic QB for a few years, or he fits the system.

Seattle, Buffalo, Carolina, Philadelphia

raymond21
12-24-2015, 08:17 PM
He would start for the Cowboys right now

OurState
12-24-2015, 08:30 PM
He would start for the Cowboys right now

That would be the worst thing hat could happen to him. Very few QB's start day 1 and have a successful career (elway, aikman and peyton come to mind). Most find the game too fast, lose their confidence and never recover.

Guys who sit for a few years (romo, brady, mcnair) offend end up excelling.

Dak can be great, but it will take a very specific set of circumstances. His best chance of being a great QB is to be a 7th round pick and not see the field for three years then explode.

mcain31
12-24-2015, 08:48 PM
I think he'll be drafted by Dallas or Houston

Spiderman
12-25-2015, 12:33 AM

Here's the deal with me.... I hope Dak makes a gazillion dollars in the NFL. But if he doesn't, he was still a damn good QB for State... and as a State fan, that's all that matter's to me. I will think no less of him if the NFL doesn't work out and he goes on to another career.

dawgpound
12-28-2015, 10:52 AM
I really dont see him slipping past the second round. He is better than the starters on several teams right now and I think he will get even better when he gets some NFL coaching.

blacklistedbully
12-28-2015, 11:21 AM
The good news is there are several teams in the NFL that need help at either starting or backup QB. The ones that need starting help are more obvious b/c you see them every Sunday. Cowboys, Rams, Eagles, Texans, and Browns really stick out as needing help now. Some like the Jets and Bills also have to make decisions on whether they have the right pieces moving forward. Then you shift to aging QBs like Brees, Palmer, Rivers, Alex Smith, Brady, both Eli and Peyton Manning, several of which will likely be done playing within 3 seasons. Some of those may have clear backup plans in place, but point being is there is some need at the QB position in the NFL. This should benefit Dak and hopefully help him find a home with a team that is a good fit for his future.

San Francisco 49ers also.