12-23-2015, 08:10 PM
we should roll

msstate7
12-23-2015, 08:11 PM
we should roll

Definitely. I'd like to see this team get some confidence going

ChevChelios
12-23-2015, 08:13 PM
I just DO NOT see these fouls that the refs call on us... its absolutely ridicuous and I am almost tired of Bball already. Fn sad shit.

ChevChelios
12-23-2015, 08:17 PM
and right on time... Q gets chicken wing'd and he gets called for a foul with his damn hands in the air.

msstate7
12-23-2015, 08:25 PM
Holman on the court... Not too pretty that first touch haha

Glad he's ready

MSUDawg99
12-23-2015, 08:28 PM
Announcer said Ndoye told Howland he was quitting to pursue other options. Interesting. I thought he might have gotten processed. Post game presser will be telling.

mstatefan91
12-23-2015, 08:29 PM
Announcer said Ndoye told Howland he was quitting to pursue other options. Interesting. I thought he might have gotten processed. Post game presser will be telling.

It's a nice way of saying he got processed. Holman is back and we don't need him anymore.

PassInterference
12-23-2015, 08:31 PM
This team, in the white uniforms, is not good.

Newman is a draft pick? In what league?

mstatefan91
12-23-2015, 08:32 PM

Does this have to come up every time we play a game? It doesn't hurt us one bit if Newman stays around another year or so. It actually would help us.

msstate7
12-23-2015, 08:33 PM

Other option = se Missouri?

mstatefan91
12-23-2015, 08:37 PM
Stupid rule is stupid. Use common sense. 6'9" vs. 6'1". Why is Ware accountable for that but he wouldn't be if he hit a guy that was also 6'9" in the side of the arm or shoulder?

Bogus.

msstate7
12-23-2015, 08:39 PM
Sword unselfish to Q... Love that

runwildjerious
12-23-2015, 08:39 PM
BS acting job by that kid. Isn't flopping a foul in CBB or is that just in the NBA?

mstatefan91
12-23-2015, 08:40 PM
BS acting job by that kid. Isn't flopping a foul in CBB or is that just in the NBA?

It's a foul in NCAA, but I haven't seen it called yet.

gravedigger
12-23-2015, 08:42 PM

He was fouled and then flopped. But it wasa foul. Correctly called.

msstate7
12-23-2015, 08:45 PM
Love Q taking it to the basket. Really wish Malik would drive more and not settle for so many 3's

Coach34
12-23-2015, 08:47 PM
we do the dumbest shit on the floor

msstate7
12-23-2015, 08:49 PM
Q is playing well tonight

preachermatt83
12-23-2015, 08:50 PM
Spoon is our best player easily

mstatefan91
12-23-2015, 08:51 PM

Yup

msstate7
12-23-2015, 08:52 PM

Ware is our best player imo

DanDority
12-23-2015, 08:56 PM

Sword is our best athlete, Weatherspoon is our best basketball player.

MarketingBully
12-23-2015, 08:56 PM
Nice job so far. I'll take a 49-34 lead at halftime every day. 55 is the biggest flopper I have ever seen. This is his first game for them and transferred from Southern Miss and averaged 16 points per game last year so they are a little better then they were with his addition. Love the unselfishness of our team and they have definitely bought in the last two games. Holman's first game and he has already given us more then N'Doye so that is a positive. We should win going away in the second half by 20+ points. I like how we are sharing the ball on offense. We are getting better on defense. If we can keep improving to next week's game, we should surprise some folks in SEC season.

MarketingBully
12-23-2015, 08:57 PM
He was fouled and then flopped. But it wasa foul. Correctly called.

Should have been called on the flopper. That foul is not called if the kid doesn't flop.

mstatefan91
12-23-2015, 08:59 PM

Ware is our best scorer. Ware is not our best player.

MarketingBully
12-23-2015, 09:01 PM

Stick to football. Newman is a lottery pick. We might get lucky from his turf toe if he decides to come back but I think he explodes in the SEC.

mstatefan91
12-23-2015, 09:03 PM
Can we stop playing Drake's "back to back"??? Please

msstate7
12-23-2015, 09:03 PM
Ware is our best scorer. Ware is not our best player.

He's our best scorer and he's our best rebounder. We could win a game without Q. We might not could beat anyone without ware. Q will be a much better player than ware eventually, but I don't believe he is yet

preachermatt83
12-23-2015, 09:09 PM
Newman is driving now like he needs to

preachermatt83
12-23-2015, 09:10 PM
Newman on fire

msstate7
12-23-2015, 09:11 PM
Newman on fire

Yes he is

mic
12-23-2015, 09:13 PM
Ware is our most important player because he is our only big that can score... Hell he basically our only big period..
But the most talented player is Newman... Period.

HoopsDawg
12-23-2015, 09:19 PM
Ready finally playing the way I have been wanting.

msstate7
12-23-2015, 09:19 PM
Ready 2pts (2-4 shooting) 10 assists

Ready is a very valuable player when he's being a pass-first pg

MarketingBully
12-23-2015, 09:21 PM
Ware is our most important player because he is our only big that can score... Hell he basically our only big period..
But the most talented player is Newman... Period.

Looks like everyone is starting to buy in now. Something happened over the last week or so that might have solved our chemistry issues. I have seen Ready and Sword both have assists to Newman and Q and vice versa. I think everyone is starting to buy in. They don't want to lose.

preachermatt83
12-23-2015, 09:21 PM
N Col is terrible

MarketingBully
12-23-2015, 09:26 PM
N Col is terrible

Yes, but so were UMKC and Southern. If we played like this against them, this is a 9-3 team heading into conference play.

msstate7
12-23-2015, 09:26 PM
We have 18 assists tonight. Sword has more assists (4) than points (2). Really like this unselfish basketball

msstate7
12-23-2015, 09:33 PM
We've got to get Malik hydrated before games

Liverpooldawg
12-23-2015, 09:33 PM

Ugh, we only have two players. He ain't one of them.

MSUDawg99
12-23-2015, 09:39 PM
So I guess Staley didn't make this trip

msstate7
12-23-2015, 09:39 PM

He leads us in scoring (5th in sec), rebounding (5th in sec), fg % (2nd in sec), and blocks. You really don't think ware is a good player?

MarketingBully
12-23-2015, 09:44 PM

Just two players, really? We have talent. If everyone buys in, we could be dangerous in SEC season but everyone has to buy in. This is how we have to play to win though. Play unselfish and play great team defense. Ready is even playing well tonight and sharing the ball.

Liverpooldawg
12-23-2015, 09:48 PM
He leads us in scoring (5th in sec), rebounding (5th in sec), fg % (2nd in sec), and blocks. You really don't think ware is a good player?

No, I don't. He plays as much as he does because he is the ONLY thing we have that even resembles an inside player. That some of our fans think otherwise is just one example how bad the Coach 34 era of MSU basketball is.

Liverpooldawg
12-23-2015, 09:50 PM
Just two players, really? We have talent. If everyone buys in, we could be dangerous in SEC season but everyone has to buy in. This is how we have to play to win though. Play unselfish and play great team defense. Ready is even playing well tonight and sharing the ball.

We have two players, both freshmen, and that's it.

msstate7
12-23-2015, 09:56 PM
Gave up too high shooting %, but good win

MarketingBully
12-23-2015, 10:03 PM
I liked how we played great team defense. Sure, we need to improve but we took some great steps against Tulane and again tonight. We should be on a three game win streak heading into the SEC season.

Intramural All-American
12-23-2015, 10:03 PM

That's just ignorant. Sword and Ware are both better than Q and Newman right now. Talent wise, obviously the freshmen have more, but you are flat wrong if you think sword and ware aren't good players. You literally can't make a case for Ware being bad at all. You just look dumb.

Intramural All-American
12-23-2015, 10:04 PM
I liked how we played great team defense. Sure, we need to improve but we took some great steps against Tulane and again tonight. We should be on a three game win streak heading into the SEC season.

Disagree with the great team defense. They shot 47%. Our guards have to do a better job on the perimeter and buy in to playing defense.

MarketingBully
12-23-2015, 10:11 PM
Hey IYOK, if Ready plays like he did tonight, he would definitely be an asset next year. We need him to play exactly as he did tonight. Distribute to the scorers and get 4-5 shots a game. There is no reason he couldn't average 8-10 assists a night if he shares like that to our scorers.

HoopsDawg
12-23-2015, 10:16 PM
Maybe Howland finally got through to Ready. If he plays like that, we can finish above .500 in conference.

CadaverDawg
12-23-2015, 10:17 PM

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-apcbLo9706g/Vd1hHgZv4pI/AAAAAAAATZI/tClgN39RzOk/s1600/thats-dumb.gif

Nobody is saying that Ware is the next Charles Barkley, but he's a good player. Great? No. But definitely "good". It's dumb as shit to try and say he's not.

I see what you're trying to do though...beat the "we have nothing" drum so that it completely wipes year one from Howland's tenure here. Don't worry, nobody will want Howland fired if he doesn't win even though Ware is a good player. You don't have to poor mouth to help Howland out. We are going to continue to improve this year, & then we will be rolling moving forward

HoopsDawg
12-23-2015, 10:17 PM

Ware is a very solid college player. Just stop.

MarketingBully
12-23-2015, 10:18 PM
Disagree with the great team defense. They shot 47%. Our guards have to do a better job on the perimeter and buy in to playing defense.

Yeah, they have to get their hands up in the zone but baby steps. You are also talking about a team (Northen Colorado) that shoots the three ball really well so man to man is definitely better to play against them. We played zone out of necessity because we are better at our zone then man to man. We also were up by 31 when we brought in our walk-ons so I wouldn't complain too much. But our team defense and help side defense were much better tonight then our first game. Night and day difference. AND you can tell they are getting great instruction and are being taught great fundamentals which will help in the long run.

maroonmania
12-23-2015, 10:28 PM
Maybe Howland finally got through to Ready. If he plays like that, we can finish above .500 in conference.

Agree, that's the first game this year that I've seen Ready act like he really wants to be a true PG rather than playing like he's determined to be the team's leading scorer. If he will play like he did tonight it really changes the whole dynamic of our team in a very positive way.

preachermatt83
12-23-2015, 10:36 PM
That's just ignorant. Sword and Ware are both better than Q and Newman right now. Talent wise, obviously the freshmen have more, but you are flat wrong if you think sword and ware aren't good players. You literally can't make a case for Ware being bad at all. You just look dumb.

You think Sword is better than Newman and Spoon? That's just sad that anyone would be so blind.

Liverpooldawg
12-23-2015, 10:42 PM

LOL, you look a heck of a lot more ignorant than I do. We have been so bad our folks don't even know what good basketball is. I will be SO glad when the Coach 34 era is over.

MarketingBully
12-23-2015, 10:46 PM
You think Sword is better than Newman and Spoon? That's just sad that anyone would be so blind.

He said right now meaning Sword/Ware as seniors and Newman/Q as freshmen. Personally, I think Newman is the best player on our team and will have a long and prosperous NBA career who was just slowed by a turf toe injury to start his career. I do think at this point Sword is better then Spoon but Spoon will be better by next year his sophomore year. I think Newman can be one of the leading scorers in the SEC when this season is done. Tonight is the first night we got to see what Malik can do every night. He is just a different level of player then we have ever had at State. It has just taken him a little bit of time to get used to the next level mainly because of his turf toe injury. If he keeps this type of production up though, he will be a lottery pick and will be a one and done and I will wish him well and be a fan of his on the next level.

Liverpooldawg
12-23-2015, 10:47 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-apcbLo9706g/Vd1hHgZv4pI/AAAAAAAATZI/tClgN39RzOk/s1600/thats-dumb.gif

Nobody is saying that Ware is the next Charles Barkley, but he's a good player. Great? No. But definitely "good". It's dumb as shit to try and say he's not.

I see what you're trying to do though...beat the "we have nothing" drum so that it completely wipes year one from Howland's tenure here. Don't worry, nobody will want Howland fired if he doesn't win even though Ware is a good player. You don't have to poor mouth to help Howland out. We are going to continue to improve this year, & then we will be rolling moving forward

Dude who wants to wipe year one from the Howland era? It is what it is. Anyone that expected anything more was deluded. Some of you never admitted just how bad we were under Ray. I have some hope for next year, I never had much for this year. One or two players were never going to be enough to overcome the total lack of talent we had returning.

Liverpooldawg
12-23-2015, 10:47 PM

Yep

msstate7
12-23-2015, 10:51 PM
Yep

Apparently Howland thinks sword is better than Q right now too considering sword starts over Q.

Intramural All-American
12-23-2015, 10:55 PM

I know for a fact that sword wipes the floor with Newman in practice. And Q is no where close to as seasoned or good as Sword yet. When either of them drop 32 on LSU, in baton rouge, then you can come back and debate with me. Newman just broke 20 for the first time in his career in the 11 game of the season. Q and Malik will be better in time, sooner rather than later for Malik especially, but right now Sword is better. Blaming sword and ware for us being terrible the past few years, is dumb. Sword was the only bright spot consistently with ware being inconsistent but being forced to do more because of depth issues.

HoopsDawg
12-23-2015, 10:57 PM
Malik is the best player on this team. Ware is the one guy we can't lose. Sword is the most athletic, needs to let the game come to him. Q is steady and a very solid role player. IJ setting the tempo and being the distributor is key. Fred is our best defender and is a wildcard if he can start making shots. I'm hoping Holman and Daniels can start sharing time at the 4.... Now y'all know.

Intramural All-American
12-23-2015, 10:57 PM

You literally know very little about sports, so me being called out by you means nothing to me. You take very bold and extreme stances all the time, but you never are capable of seeing things as even kilter.

Intramural All-American
12-23-2015, 11:00 PM
Malik is the best player on this team. Ware is the one guy we can't lose. Sword is the most athletic, needs to let the game come to him. Q is steady and a very solid role player. IJ setting the tempo and being the distributor is key. Fred is our best defender and is a wildcard if he can start making shots. I'm hoping Holman and Daniels can start sharing time at the 4.... Now y'all know.

Most talented? absolutely. best? Not yet. He's definitely turning the corner the past couple games though.

It_Could_Happen
12-23-2015, 11:20 PM
Wasn't able to watch. How did Holman look? Saw he was supposed to play tonight. Could really help us going forward.

tcdog70
12-23-2015, 11:20 PM
You literally know very little about sports, so me being called out by you means nothing to me. You take very bold and extreme stances all the time, but you never are capable of seeing things as even kilter.

Sword is better defensively, He can Drive to the basket better at this point. He is more athletic . Now before the season is over Malik might be better by for My money the Chicken is better NOW.

Coach34
12-23-2015, 11:33 PM

Liverpool's basketball opinions are Special Olympics qualifiers retarded

Coach34
12-23-2015, 11:43 PM
Sword is better defensively, He can Drive to the basket better at this point. He is more athletic . Now before the season is over Malik might be better by for My money the Chicken is better NOW.

agreed my elder friend. Sword is better overall than Malik- TODAY. A month from now? Maybe not. Malik can shoot- but there is alot of basketball he still needs to learn. Help D, when to drive, when to jump a passing lane, etc....And like tonight- Sword needs to learn to fit in- and not be the focal point. If he does that- this team can be decent.

Ware is a good SEC basketball player- to say he isnt is ludicrous. Q has yet to prove he is.

Liverpooldawg
12-23-2015, 11:45 PM

LOL, coming from YOU that is a MAJOR complement!

Sword and Ware were the only thing even resembling players on a VERY bad basketball team. That's why they got their stats. Ware stands out now because he is the ONLY thing that even MAYBE looks like an inside player that we have. Neither would have seen the floor much on even a decent team. The truth hurts but it is what it is. We have two players and most likely two players only that would ever see much playing time on a decent team at any point in their college careers. Those two are freshmen.

Coach34
12-23-2015, 11:58 PM
Yesssssss- Sword only made 2nd team all-SEC because he was a shit player on a shit team and couldnt start for anybody else. Special Olympics knowledge of basketball shows again

Liverpooldawg
12-24-2015, 12:10 AM
Yesssssss- Sword only made 2nd team all-SEC because he was a shit player on a shit team and couldnt start for anybody else. Special Olympics knowledge of basketball shows again

LOL. About what I would expect from you. My comments stand.

Coach34
12-24-2015, 12:12 AM
My comments stand.

LMAO....yes they do Sir. Congrats

Intramural All-American
12-24-2015, 12:24 AM
LOL, coming from YOU that is a MAJOR complement!

Sword and Ware were the only thing even resembling players on a VERY bad basketball team. That's why they got their stats. Ware stands out now because he is the ONLY thing that even MAYBE looks like an inside player that we have. Neither would have seen the floor much on even a decent team. The truth hurts but it is what it is. We have two players and most likely two players only that would ever see much playing time on a decent team at any point in their college careers. Those two are freshmen.

So basically just switch ware with Oliver black or fallou and they would produce the same? You're an idiot. Gavin isn't leading the SEC in FG% because he's the only big we have. And he's not only shooting twice a game either. Guy is averaging 18 ppg and teams can focus on him in the post. How can you justify your stance when the numbers tell you blatantly that you are wrong.

MarketingBully
12-24-2015, 12:36 AM
If Ware keeps up his production, he will be first team SEC in the post. Not bad for a player that wouldn't get any playing time on a decent team****....he is arguably the best low post scorer in the SEC.

Todd4State
12-24-2015, 01:08 AM

At least he doesn't limit it to just football.

Todd4State
12-24-2015, 01:10 AM
Looks like everyone is starting to buy in now. Something happened over the last week or so that might have solved our chemistry issues. I have seen Ready and Sword both have assists to Newman and Q and vice versa. I think everyone is starting to buy in. They don't want to lose.

N'Doye was the problem the whole time.**

MarketingBully
12-24-2015, 01:13 AM
N'Doye was the problem the whole time.**

Never said NDoye was the problem with our chemistry but I am glad he decided to transfer and seek other opportunities.

Dawg61
12-24-2015, 03:01 AM
No, I don't. He plays as much as he does because he is the ONLY thing we have that even resembles an inside player.

You've said a ton of stupid shit before but this takes the cake. Gavin Ware is 8th in the nation in fg %.

Schultzy
12-24-2015, 07:50 AM
And just think if Ware had ever had a teammate with a true post presence. A true 5 or another big four that could play.

Sword proved himself majorly last year and he is uber competitive.

Liverpooldawg
12-24-2015, 12:45 PM
So basically just switch ware with Oliver black or fallou and they would produce the same? You're an idiot. Gavin isn't leading the SEC in FG% because he's the only big we have. And he's not only shooting twice a game either. Guy is averaging 18 ppg and teams can focus on him in the post. How can you justify your stance when the numbers tell you blatantly that you are wrong.

That's not what I said, not even close. The numbers are what they are because he is IT in the post. We don't have ANYTHING else there. If he and Sword were as good as y'all say why haven't they been winning games under Howland, or for that matter, Ray? The fact is we have two talented players and that's it. Most people other than here realize this.

Coach34
12-24-2015, 12:55 PM
We havent been winning games under Howland because Howland took too long to figure out this team wasnt going to be a good M2M defensive team. We are 2-0 as a zone team with double digit victories in both

We would be 9-2 if we zoned more this season. The zone has allowed us to stay out of foul trouble and get some continuity with our best guys staying on the floor.

Glad you asked so I could help you

MarketingBully
12-24-2015, 01:08 PM
We havent been winning games under Howland because Howland took too long to figure out this team wasnt going to be a good M2M defensive team. We are 2-0 as a zone team with double digit victories in both

We would be 9-2 if we zoned more this season. The zone has allowed us to stay out of foul trouble and get some continuity with our best guys staying on the floor.

Or it could be that it took until the Tulane game for the seniors to buy in. We had leads late in both the Southern and UMKC games and couldn't win either because they pouted and couldn't accept their new roles. Last night was the first game that I saw us playing as a team and playing unselfishly. We also played great team defense and did a great job with help side defense as well. If we play like we did last night the rest of the way, we should finish the SEC season 8-10 to 10-8 and if we do that we could have an outside shot at the NIT if we finish around there with a couple of wins in the SEC tournament.

Coach34
12-24-2015, 01:30 PM
Or it could be that it took until the Tulane game for the seniors to buy in. We had leads late in both the Southern and UMKC games and couldn't win either because they pouted and couldn't accept their new roles. .

Had we zoned more- those games would have never been in doubt. We got beat off the dribble so much for easy baskets in man it was ridiculous and a crime not to zone

I do agree that last night looked like guys settling in to their roles more for sure. Hope its not a 1-time deal

MarketingBully
12-24-2015, 01:55 PM
Had we zoned more- those games would have never been in doubt. We got beat off the dribble so much for easy baskets in man it was ridiculous and a crime not to zone

I do agree that last night looked like guys settling in to their roles more for sure. Hope its not a 1-time deal

Even in the zone early in the year, we didn't understand what help defense was and our zone still sucked in both the Southern and the UMKC games. The reason we came back in both those games was we went to the full court press and created turnovers and went away from the press when we took a lead. We had plenty of opportunities to extend both of those leads several times but came up empty. If we had senior leadership in both of those games, we win both easily but our guys were too busy pouting about not being the man. Even the announcers in the Tulane game stated that it took Sword a long time to adjust to not being the man. Finally, he decided winning was more important then his ego (duh). If they had taken that attitude to begin the season, we definitely would be at least 8-3 at this point.

Liverpooldawg
12-24-2015, 02:28 PM

9-2, lol.

msstate7
12-24-2015, 02:36 PM
9-2, lol.

Not too crazy... We lost to southern by 4, Texas tech by 2, and umkc by 5. I think zone defense could've really helped in those games.

Coach34
12-24-2015, 02:40 PM
Not too crazy... We lost to southern by 4, Texas tech by 2, and umkc by 5. I think zone defense could've really helped in those games.

exactly. The Special Olympian doesnt understand

We were down 13 to TT when we went to zone with 5 mins left in the 1st half- lost by 2. Zone them out the gate- thats a win.

Dawg61
12-24-2015, 02:43 PM

Howland obviously hates the zone with a passion but he isn't blind and he is the smartest person in any room he walks in so I'm guessing it's going to be about 80/20 zone/man the rest of this year.

Dawg61
12-24-2015, 02:48 PM
Liverpool Hassan Whiteside is 2nd in the entire NBA in fg % at .624. Gavin Ware is shooting .694. Only Deandre Jordan has a higher fg % than Gavin Ware and that's because all Jordan does is dunk. Ware is 9th in the country in FG % when you combine NCAA with NBA. 9th!! Take back that stupid shit you said about him.

MarketingBully
12-24-2015, 03:12 PM

Couldn't have had anything to do with the 60 three point shots we jacked up combined in both the Southern and UMKC games. With Ready jacking 15 shots alone in the UMKC game and Daniels/Ready going 0-10 that game from the three point line. Ah but the zone was the difference. Got it. I think it had more to do with seniors not buying in personally. If seniors buy in from the start, we should have blown both those teams away regardless of what defense we played and would have had the players bought in. Apparently you guys forgot Ready ball hogging it in both of those WTF losses.

MarketingBully
12-24-2015, 03:16 PM
Howland obviously hates the zone with a passion but he isn't blind and he is the smartest person in any room he walks in so I'm guessing it's going to be about 80/20 zone/man the rest of this year.

You can't play zone against great three point shooting teams. Northern Colorado shot a good percentage last night because they shoot the three very well. We played about as great a zone last night as you can and they still shot 46% overall. Howland knows that he is going to need to mix zone and man in the SEC to be successful and we will.

Intramural All-American
12-24-2015, 03:19 PM
Liverpool Hassan Whiteside is 2nd in the entire NBA in fg % at .624. Gavin Ware is shooting .694. Only Deandre Jordan has a higher fg % than Gavin Ware and that's because all Jordan does is dunk. Ware is 9th in the country in FG % when you combine NCAA with NBA. 9th!! Take back that stupid shit you said about him.

Don't even try arguing with him. Some people are just so dumb that they can't be helped. A guy devaluing a player averaging 18 a game and shooting 70% is mentally incompetent. You have to be good to put up those numbers. You can't stumble your way into those numbers because "you're the only one there."

Intramural All-American
12-24-2015, 03:23 PM
That's not what I said, not even close. The numbers are what they are because he is IT in the post. We don't have ANYTHING else there. If he and Sword were as good as y'all say why haven't they been winning games under Howland, or for that matter, Ray? The fact is we have two talented players and that's it. Most people other than here realize this.

That is exactly what you said. You said Gavin wasn't good, and the only reason he puts up stats is because he is the only guy in that position. So it goes without saying using your logic that Oliver black would put up the same numbers if he was the only guy in that position. Can't imagine what Charles Rhodes would have put up in this situation. Probably average 30 and 15 and shooting 80% because he's obviously actually good.**

chef dixon
12-24-2015, 04:35 PM
There's more than meets the stat sheet with Gavin. Definitely an improved offensive player that feasts on lesser teams. There are many frustrating parts to his game but he is a guy we have to depend on greatly this year.

Liverpooldawg
12-24-2015, 05:04 PM
exactly. The Special Olympian doesnt understand

We were down 13 to TT when we went to zone with 5 mins left in the 1st half- lost by 2. Zone them out the gate- thats a win.

Lol, magic bullet and all that I guess. One size fits all. A cure for what ails you.

Liverpooldawg
12-24-2015, 05:10 PM
That is exactly what you said. You said Gavin wasn't good, and the only reason he puts up stats is because he is the only guy in that position. So it goes without saying using your logic that Oliver black would put up the same numbers if he was the only guy in that position. Can't imagine what Charles Rhodes would have put up in this situation. Probably average 30 and 15 and shooting 80% because he's obviously actually good.**

Just noticed your avatar, a toffee. That explains a lot. Did it ever occur to you that there are varying degrees of ineptitude? Toffees generally aren't known for their intellectual subtlety and you seem to be a perfect example. What I said was Ware is the only thing we have that even looks like an inside player. Now to most people that would mean that he was better than the other pretenders. To a toffee though........

Liverpooldawg
12-24-2015, 05:11 PM
There's more than meets the stat sheet with Gavin. Definitely an improved offensive player that feasts on lesser teams. There are many frustrating parts to his game but he is a guy we have to depend on greatly this year.

This about sums it up. Well put.

Liverpooldawg
12-24-2015, 05:12 PM
Don't even try arguing with him. Some people are just so dumb that they can't be helped. A guy devaluing a player averaging 18 a game and shooting 70% is mentally incompetent. You have to be good to put up those numbers. You can't stumble your way into those numbers because "you're the only one there."

Actually you can, against the opponents we have face so far.

Liverpooldawg
12-24-2015, 05:15 PM

Yep, Gavin has been tearing it up against NBA quality opponents.*****

BayouDawg
12-24-2015, 06:11 PM
If we're gonna zone a good bit the rest of the year, which I think it's obvious we have to, then I would like us to do some trapping out of it. Maybe throw in a half court trap and definitely trap every time the ball goes into the corner.

tcdog70
12-24-2015, 09:28 PM

What would have helped in two of those games if we could have made free throws and kept Ready from being a ball hog

maroonmania
12-24-2015, 10:07 PM

I think it speaks highly of Gavin that he is our ONLY inside scoring threat, which means he's the only player we have that the opposing defense has to focus on stopping, yet he's still scoring at nearly a 70% clip. Now if he had a pretty high scoring average but was shooting at a poor to average percentage and just scoring on volume then some questioning of him might be warranted but that is not the situation.

Intramural All-American
12-24-2015, 10:53 PM
I think it speaks highly of Gavin that he is our ONLY inside scoring threat, which means he's the only player we have that the opposing defense has to focus on stopping, yet he's still scoring at nearly a 70% clip. Now if he had a pretty high scoring average but was shooting at a poor to average percentage and just scoring on volume then some questioning of him might be warranted but that is not the situation.

Exactly. It's unfathomable that someone could use that as a way to discredit him. Doesn't make sense.

Dawg61
12-24-2015, 10:58 PM
Yep, Gavin has been tearing it up against NBA quality opponents.*****

That doesn't matter. A stat is a stat. Off all the NBA players Gavin Ware's fg % is higher than ALL OF THEM except one player. That is a ****ing incredible stat that you're giving zero credit for.