PDA

View Full Version : Fallou Ndoye

CadaverDawg
12-23-2015, 06:55 PM
Just saw on Twitter that he's not in Jackson with the team, and there'll be a statement on his status following the game. Anybody know what this is about?

MSUDawg99
12-23-2015, 06:57 PM
Well damn. We posted same thread at same time. Ha! You can close mine if you want.

msstate7
12-23-2015, 07:01 PM
Howland is so good at recruiting he found a way to replace ndoye midseason**

Ware, Fred, sword, Daniels and zuppardo are seniors. Black, Houston, and now most likely ndoye have all been processed... That leaves one, ready.

**could be way off on ndoye... Pure speculation

MSUDawg99
12-23-2015, 07:03 PM
Ndoye didn't play vs Tulane either

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-23-2015, 07:11 PM
Just saw on Twitter that he's not in Jackson with the team, and there'll be a statement on his status following the game. Anybody know what this is about?

CadaverDawg
12-23-2015, 07:12 PM
Well damn. We posted same thread at same time. Ha! You can close mine if you want.

Ha, just realized that. My bad

Homedawg
12-23-2015, 07:15 PM
He's moving on.

Jacksondevildog
12-23-2015, 07:17 PM
They thought about processing him before the season started. Looks like it just finally happened.

MarketingBully
12-23-2015, 07:21 PM
Looks like that will open up a scholarship for maybe JUCO PF or some type of PF. We need a competent PF to compliment Holman.

msstate7
12-23-2015, 07:28 PM
Definetes...
Stapleton
Q
Holman
Strugg
Kegler
Herard
Carter
Peters
Ado
Wright

Maybes...
Ready (every Ray player will be gone, so will he make it?)
Malik

If both maybes are back, we have 1 scholarship left. I'd like to pursue best available transfer with that one. If one or both of the maybes are gone, we definitely need to sign someone else

MarketingBully
12-23-2015, 07:38 PM
If both maybes are back, we still should grab a PF in the spring JUCO wise because both Malik and Ready would be gone after the next year since I would assume Malik will jump as a two and done (definitely) and Ready would be a senior. That still opens us up for the two kids we want in 2017.

Coach34
12-23-2015, 07:47 PM
Another mistake for Howland. This should have happened in the summer

mic
12-23-2015, 07:54 PM
Would love for us to look a getting a transfer SR graduate..
Get a solid experienced player in here with all the young talent we have coming on...

msstate7
12-23-2015, 07:54 PM
Get a solid experienced player in here with all the young talent we have coming on...

Didn't think of a senior transfer... Good idea

msstate7
12-23-2015, 07:56 PM
Is Holman about ready to go?

MSUDawg99
12-23-2015, 08:13 PM
Supposedly Holman will make his debut tonight

mstatefan91
12-23-2015, 08:27 PM
Ndoye is gone.

Dawg61, you happy? Frustrated? Disinterested?

engie
12-23-2015, 08:36 PM
If both maybes are back, we have 1 scholarship left. I'd like to pursue best available transfer with that one. If one or both of the maybes are gone, we definitely need to sign someone else

I do not think both of the "maybes" are a possibility. I think we keep one either way. Malik comes back and ready is done -- Malik goes and Ready is back. Personally I hope this is Ready's swan song either way -- we let Peters and Carter be baptized by fire right alongside all the other freshman/soph contributors Jmo

SDDawg
12-23-2015, 08:52 PM

List them all please.

MafiaDawg
12-23-2015, 10:00 PM
I'm all about fallou being gone but how does making him leave now as opposed to at the end of the year help anything going forward?

maroonmania
12-23-2015, 10:01 PM
Given we are thin in the post and he had not gotten processed earlier I guess I don't really understand why leave now. Why not finish out the season and then either transfer or give up basketball then? Hope Holman becomes a reliable inside player for us quickly.

jumbo
12-23-2015, 10:13 PM
Given we are thin in the post and he had not gotten processed earlier I guess I don't really understand why leave now. Why not finish out the season and then either transfer or give up basketball then? Hope Holman becomes a reliable inside player for us quickly.

Holman is a stretch 4

Ifyouonlyknew
12-23-2015, 10:18 PM
This was Fallou's choice not Howland. He decided to go ahead now so he'd be eligible next season after Christmas. He knew he wasn't part of the long term plans & hasn't been getting hardly any P/T.

maroonmania
12-23-2015, 10:23 PM
Holman is a stretch 4

So is Zuppardo but he still becomes our interior post defender when Ware is out. Holman is bigger than Zuppardo.

CadaverDawg
12-23-2015, 10:24 PM
This was Fallou's choice not Howland. He decided to go ahead now so he'd be eligible next season after Christmas. He knew he wasn't part of the long term plans & hasn't been getting hardly any P/T.

Fallou belonged on an SEC field/court about as much as our OL did this year. Ndoye just isn't a very good college basketball player. Seems like a good kid though. Wish the best for him...maybe Ricky Ray can transfer him in?

djaymsu5
12-23-2015, 10:25 PM

A Shane Power type guy!

msstate7
12-23-2015, 10:26 PM
Fallou belonged on an SEC field/court about as much as our OL did this year. Ndoye just isn't a very good college basketball player. Seems like a good kid though. Wish the best for him...maybe Ricky Ray can transfer him in?

Leaving midseason kinda makes me think that's exactly where ndoye is headed. Wherever he goes, good luck

MarketingBully
12-23-2015, 10:28 PM
Yeah, maybe he can get Ndoye, Black and Houston at SEMSU. They seem like they would be good OVC players. Not SEC players though. Just saw Ray got his first win. Only took eleven tries. 1-10.

MafiaDawg
12-23-2015, 10:28 PM

Sheeeeeeeiiit, whatever. He needed to be gone but im surprised he didn't realize he blows at basketball and just stays at a d1 program and get a good education. Where is he going to go to play? Delta state and ride the midweek charter bus? I'm not even sure he would play much for them.

Quaoarsking
12-23-2015, 10:38 PM
SEMO had several players quit/leave a earlier this month so they probably have a scholarship open for Ndoye (and Houston) starting next semester.

HSVDawg
12-23-2015, 10:39 PM

What did we have to gain by running him off then? Ndoye wasn't an all star or even a good player by any means, but it was better having him than not having him for at least the early nonconference stretch while Holman was still recovering from injury. He was able to give Gavin a breather here and there if nothing else. It was certainly worth the risk to see if he improved a little bit, especially if he was working hard like everyone said he was. Unfortunately, he couldn't really fill a role for us. If anything was a mistake, it was processing Oliver Black and keeping Ndoye. However, those weren't mutually exclusive events. Howland could have kept both or canned both if he wanted to.

Coach34
12-23-2015, 10:51 PM
List them all please.

1. Not processing Fallou in the Summer
2. Refusing to play zone earlier in the season- cost us 2 probably 3 wins. 2-0 since going zone full-time

MarketingBully
12-23-2015, 11:19 PM
What did we have to gain by running him off then? Ndoye wasn't an all star or even a good player by any means, but it was better having him than not having him for at least the early nonconference stretch while Holman was still recovering from injury. He was able to give Gavin a breather here and there if nothing else. It was certainly worth the risk to see if he improved a little bit, especially if he was working hard like everyone said he was. Unfortunately, he couldn't really fill a role for us. If anything was a mistake, it was processing Oliver Black and keeping Ndoye. However, those weren't mutually exclusive events. Howland could have kept both or canned both if he wanted to.

Oliver Black processed himself. Missing 2-3 team meetings and not doing what the coaches want you to do and being overall disinterested tends to make it easy to process you.

MarketingBully
12-23-2015, 11:21 PM
2. Refusing to play zone earlier in the season- cost us 2 probably 3 wins. 2-0 since going zone full-time

You can't just process players just to process them. Look at the stir it caused Ray when he processed three kids that did everything he asked them to do. If they are doing everything you ask them to do, you have to wait until they get the hint or at least wait a year to see if they work out.

Coach34
12-23-2015, 11:26 PM
You can't just process players just to process them. Look at the stir it caused Ray when he processed three kids that did everything he asked them to do..

whuuuuuuuut? Who in the hell are you talking about? Ray processed the guys that couldnt pass a drug test after multiple tests.

All youhave to do is watch Fallou play basketball for 5 minutes and processing him is easy. You find him a D-II school and help him get an education

maroonmania
12-23-2015, 11:48 PM

#2 pisses me off because that one cost us wins. #1 didn't hurt us because, as far as I know, Ndoye's scholly wasn't needed for anyone else THIS year. So #1 didn't cost us anything and gave us another big body to buy Ware a few minutes here and there.

Dawg61
12-23-2015, 11:57 PM
whuuuuuuuut? Who in the hell are you talking about? Ray processed the guys that couldnt pass a drug test after multiple tests.

All youhave to do is watch Fallou play basketball for 5 minutes and processing him is easy. You find him a D-II school and help him get an education

He's talking about the 3 Ray just processed at SEMO. Look up the article talking about why Ray dropped them.

Dawg61
12-24-2015, 12:01 AM
Ndoye is gone.

Dawg61, you happy? Frustrated? Disinterested?

I am happy but I'm also frustrated something I've been calling for since Howland took the job finally happened. Oh well maybe it wasn't that obvious to BH at first and the window of timing to keep Tookie wasn't long enough. I'd be thrilled if this team had Tookie on it. If Howland uses this open scholarship to bring in a player that is better than Tookie than I will never remember this bullshit. Lol Merry Christmas to me Fallou Ndoye is gone!!

Coach34
12-24-2015, 12:03 AM
He's talking about the 3 Ray just processed at SEMO. Look up the article talking about why Ray dropped them.

Ray may not be able to recruit- but he isnt a buffoon. If he processed the guys at SEMO- they deserved it. No coach wants to lose and is able to recognize who their best players are

msstate7
12-24-2015, 12:06 AM
I am happy but I'm also frustrated something I've been calling for since Howland took the job finally happened. Oh well maybe it wasn't that obvious to BH at first and the window of timing to keep Tookie wasn't long enough. I'd be thrilled if this team had Tookie on it. If Howland uses this open scholarship to bring in a player that is better than Tookie than I will never remember this bullshit. Lol Merry Christmas to me Fallou Ndoye is gone!!

Btw, tookie's line last night vs Stetson...
27 pts 5 assists 2 steals

Season stats...
17.3 ppg 2.5 rpg 3.8 apg

Dawg61
12-24-2015, 12:07 AM
Ray may not be able to recruit- but he isnt a buffoon. If he processed the guys at SEMO- they deserved it. No coach wants to lose and is able to recognize who their best players are

Seriously dude read the article. Ray specifically tells the three sophomores that they are doing everything he's asking of them they just aren't a good fit for him. Literally tells them that word for word. It's a fascinating article. You should read it.

Dawg61
12-24-2015, 12:08 AM
Btw, tookie's line last night vs Stetson...
27 pts 5 assists 2 steals

Season stats...
17.3 ppg 2.5 rpg 3.8 apg

Good ****ing gawd this is getting painful. Only Miss State turns down freshman All-Americans.

msstate7
12-24-2015, 12:11 AM
Good ****ing gawd this is getting painful. Only Miss State turns down freshman All-Americans.

Last 3 games...

Vs duke -- 20 pts 4 assists 2 steals
Vs Winthrop -- 25 pts 4 assists 2 steals
Vs Stetson -- 27 pts 5 assists 2 steals

Coach34
12-24-2015, 12:17 AM
Last 3 games...

Vs duke -- 20 pts 4 assists 2 steals
Vs Winthrop -- 25 pts 4 assists 2 steals
Vs Stetson -- 27 pts 5 assists 2 steals

Mistake #3 for Howland:

Picking IJ over Tookie

Irondawg
12-24-2015, 02:13 AM
Tookie has been better than I expected and I loved the guy but there are a couple of possible reasons Hoeland made the choice he did. One is I don't think he wanted two freshman pg so I get that. He might have also worried it would hurt with Peters

MarketingBully
12-24-2015, 02:26 AM

I'm talking about SEMSU not MSU.

NYDawg
12-24-2015, 07:53 AM
Seriously dude read the article. Ray specifically tells the three sophomores that they are doing everything he's asking of them they just aren't a good fit for him. Literally tells them that word for word. It's a fascinating article. You should read it.

What a kick in the nuts for those kids. He probably needed to make some room for all the studs he's recruiting. ***

Dawg61
12-24-2015, 09:13 AM
What a kick in the nuts for those kids. He probably needed to make some room for all the studs he's recruiting. ***

Ndoye, Dunlap and Black might want to lose their cell phones for awhile. Ricky Ray recruiting is about to blow up.

AROB44
12-24-2015, 10:14 AM
Mistake #3 for Howland:

Picking IJ over Tookie

Is there any sport that you don't know more than our current coach?

Coach34
12-24-2015, 10:41 AM
Is there any sport that you don't know more than our current coach?

Sit down AROB- I know this may come as a shock to you- but our coaches aren't perfect. They do indeed make mistakes

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-24-2015, 01:26 PM
This really dont mean crap....This does not translate into him putting up these numbers for us if he was here......He is a one man show evidently

Raytoraid83
12-24-2015, 03:15 PM
This really dont mean crap....This does not translate into him putting up these numbers for us if he was here......He is a one man show evidently

^^^^
Yes Howland should've excepted the fact earlier that this team has to zone (mainly bc of a 5'7 pg), but arguing Howland made a mistake by not taking tookie is laughable. There is no reason to take a risk on a 5'7 pg with no legit offers when you recruit the way Howland does. You get what you can out of ij this year and possibly next, then move on. I don't think people fully grasp how horrible of a recruiter Rick Ray was. Next year Lamar Peters and Malik is gonna be something serious.

C222
12-24-2015, 08:38 PM
^^^^
Yes Howland should've excepted the fact earlier that this team has to zone (mainly bc of a 5'7 pg), but arguing Howland made a mistake by not taking tookie is laughable. There is no reason to take a risk on a 5'7 pg with no legit offers when you recruit the way Howland does. You get what you can out of ij this year and possibly next, then move on. I don't think people fully grasp how horrible of a recruiter Rick Ray was. Next year Lamar Peters and Malik is gonna be something serious.

This.

Every guard we have on the roster or signed that Howland recruited is better than Tookie.

BeardoMSU
12-24-2015, 08:49 PM
^^^^

****. Yes.

http://s3media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/96/46/3046096.gif

msstate7
12-24-2015, 09:23 PM
I think peters will be better than tookie, but I think you guys are slighting tookie some. He's having a great freshman campaign so far. Not sure why you guys are ripping tookie... What more could you expect out of a freshman pg?

Coach34
12-24-2015, 09:36 PM
I think peters will be better than tookie, but I think you guys are slighting tookie some. He's having a great freshman campaign so far. Not sure why you guys are ripping tookie... What more could you expect out of a freshman pg?

Bottom line- he is outplaying IJ

Dawg61
12-24-2015, 11:10 PM
This.

Every guard we have on the roster or signed that Howland recruited is better than Tookie.

What the **** does that matter? Why are you limiting it to just guards? The idea is to make the TEAM better not make the individual position better. Tookie is most ****ing certainly better than Fallou Ndoye is. See that's how you correctly trim the fat. Howland missed here. It's been noted. It isn't a big deal because he has the #6 recruiting class coming in. I would of just enjoyed adding Tookie to this team right now.

HoopsDawg
12-25-2015, 12:18 AM

Bottom line, Howland likes bigger guards. Tookie could have helped this year, but Howland putting together a team his way for the future. Let it go!

yjnkdawg
12-25-2015, 12:43 AM
Bottom line, Howland likes bigger guards. Tookie could have helped this year, but Howland putting together a team his way for the future. Let it go!

This and why sign a player who would play for only one year? It is not being fair to the player, if you do that, either.

C222
12-25-2015, 09:08 AM

They don't get it. "He's better than IJ and Falloh so Howland should've kept him!!!"

He would've played limited minutes next year and would've been a waste of scholarship. These are the same guys that wanted Kenny Paul Geno.

Dawg61
12-25-2015, 04:59 PM
They don't get it. "He's better than IJ and Falloh so Howland should've kept him!!!"

He would've played limited minutes next year and would've been a waste of scholarship. These are the same guys that wanted Kenny Paul Geno.

Show me one quote saying I ever wanted KPG. Tookie just scored 27 the other night. It's very doubtful that Peters or Carter sniff anything close to that next year. Tookie 5'11 not 5'7 and he's bigger than Newman. Stop blatantly lying about Tookie. He is a miss. Plain and simple. Again it's not a big deal other than the fact that you ****ers refuse to admit he is a miss. Want the Tookie story to go away? Admit he is a miss.

C222
12-25-2015, 05:30 PM
Show me one quote saying I ever wanted KPG. Tookie just scored 27 the other night. It's very doubtful that Peters or Carter sniff anything close to that next year. Tookie 5'11 not 5'7 and he's bigger than Newman. Stop blatantly lying about Tookie. He is a miss. Plain and simple. Again it's not a big deal other than the fact that you ****ers refuse to admit he is a miss. Want the Tookie story to go away? Admit he is a miss.

Bigger than Newman?? No. He's not.

Tookie is solid. Probably would've helped this year. Moving forward, we don't need him. Peters and Carter may not score 27 next year but it's not because they don't have the ability. They'll be on a roster filled with 4 and 5*.