PDA

View Full Version : Belk Bowl discussion...

CadaverDawg
12-23-2015, 06:34 PM
You guys expecting any wrinkles or anything offensively? Will we try to run the ball any? And if so, will it be Holloway? Or will we just let Dak air it out in his final game?

I sure would like to see us come out prepared and look like we want to win. After watching the beat down vs Ga Tech with an 11th win on the line, & that shitastic performance vs Northwestern in the Gator....I'm not overly optimistic, but hopeful we will come out looking to close out 2015 strong & get some MO heading into 2016. That Michigan Gator Bowl performance seems like 20 years ago after our recent thuds.

Could we see a guy like Aeris Williams have a good game?

I'm going to be physically ill if we come out and tackle like shit on defense after the way we tackled all year & in the bowl game last year. If we tackle like garbage in this one, I'll be confident that we will never tackle well again while Manny & his bullshit Hawk Tackling is around.

Bottom line, for once in a long time, I'd like to see us look like a team on a mission instead of looking like we're playing a flag football exhibition like we did vs Ole Miss, Bama, Ga Tech, Northwestern, etc... I want our guys to knock someone's dick in the dirt & get back our physicality & chip on the shoulder. No more sissy ball.

Thoughts?

CadaverDawg
12-23-2015, 06:36 PM
I just read my own post and immediately thought..."I probably should spare myself and just not tune in if those are my hopes for this game".*

Dawgbite
12-23-2015, 06:54 PM
Holloway up the middle for a gain of one!

Rick Danko
12-23-2015, 06:58 PM
Holloway up the middle for a gain of one!

Nope this will be the game he breaks out and cements himself as the full time back next year...

TaleofTwoDogs
12-23-2015, 07:02 PM
We're going to a bowl???? **

WeWonItAll(Most)
12-23-2015, 07:20 PM
Nope this will be the game he breaks out and cements himself as the full time back next year...
Throw in a kick return for a TD for good measure. Haha

Jack Lambert
12-23-2015, 07:57 PM
Watched their FSU and Clemson game. I think our offense will go down field every time and score. I am not sure if our Line Backer will be able to stop thier fast running backs and thier QB is fairly mobile. I do think our defense will fair better then theirs. But then again with the long lay off it will come down to who is more prepared.

CadaverDawg
12-23-2015, 08:15 PM
Watched their FSU and Clemson game. I think our offense will go down field every time and score. I am not sure if our Line Backer will be able to stop thier fast running backs and thier QB is fairly mobile. I do think our defense will fair better then theirs. But then again with the long lay off it will come down to who is more prepared.

ruh roh.*

If I'm being realistic, I'm guessing it will come down to whether or not we dig ourselves a small enough hole to climb out of once we decide to play football after halftime

Jack Lambert
12-23-2015, 08:34 PM
ruh roh.*

If I'm being realistic, I'm guessing it will come down to whether or not we dig ourselves a small enough hole to climb out of once we decide to play football after halftime

I don't think that they beat a bowl bound team this season. They played a lot of teams close. I feel there is a little pressure on Mullen to have a good showing in the bowl game. I think they will be a lot more prepared for this bowl game then they were last season. Also we have a complete staff going into this game. Not having a DC last year really hurt. NC State O-Line isn't all that good and if our D-Line have thier minds right and not thinking Draft Chris Jones and company could have a big night.

Statecoachingblows**
12-24-2015, 12:06 AM
Luckily the last 2 egg bowls have left nothing in my back yard that I have the ability to pick up and throw.

(Sorry tiki torches, fisher price picnic table, and weird plant thing...it wasn't your fault)

BoomBoom
12-24-2015, 12:35 AM
ruh roh.*

exactly. Bowl games are just not in Mullen's wheelhouse, as with over a month to prepare coaching ability wins out over just having a system (that you slowly adjust as you see what the other coach prepared for your system).

Todd4State
12-24-2015, 01:04 AM
You guys expecting any wrinkles or anything offensively? Will we try to run the ball any? And if so, will it be Holloway? Or will we just let Dak air it out in his final game?

I sure would like to see us come out prepared and look like we want to win. After watching the beat down vs Ga Tech with an 11th win on the line, & that shitastic performance vs Northwestern in the Gator....I'm not overly optimistic, but hopeful we will come out looking to close out 2015 strong & get some MO heading into 2016. That Michigan Gator Bowl performance seems like 20 years ago after our recent thuds.

Could we see a guy like Aeris Williams have a good game?

I'm going to be physically ill if we come out and tackle like shit on defense after the way we tackled all year & in the bowl game last year. If we tackle like garbage in this one, I'll be confident that we will never tackle well again while Manny & his bullshit Hawk Tackling is around.

Bottom line, for once in a long time, I'd like to see us look like a team on a mission instead of looking like we're playing a flag football exhibition like we did vs Ole Miss, Bama, Ga Tech, Northwestern, etc... I want our guys to knock someone's dick in the dirt & get back our physicality & chip on the shoulder. No more sissy ball.

Thoughts?

I'm not expecting too many wrinkles. We'll probably install some kind of gadget play or something- but I'm expecting the same cast of characters with the S.O.S.

As far as our team being on a mission- this team just doesn't have that attitude for whatever reason. I don't think we have enough emotional leaders most likely- but that's just a guess on my part. We're just not physical in the trenches and our defense isn't physical either.

If we win, it's going to be because of the same reason we beat the other teams we "should beat"- we just outskill them basically and the other team can't overcome Dak.

MarketingBully
12-24-2015, 01:10 AM
exactly. Bowl games are just not in Mullen's wheelhouse, as with over a month to prepare coaching ability wins out over just having a system (that you slowly adjust as you see what the other coach prepared for your system).

Yeah, that is why Mullen's record in bowls is 3-2. Last year's loss to Georgia Tech had a lot to do with us not having a defensive coordinator since Collins left us high and dry there. I think we win this game something like 38-21.

Leroy Jenkins
12-24-2015, 01:16 AM
I expect a 14 point win... and never hearing "strain" again.

Todd4State
12-24-2015, 01:46 AM
Yeah, that is why Mullen's record in bowls is 3-2. Last year's loss to Georgia Tech had a lot to do with us not having a defensive coordinator since Collins left us high and dry there. I think we win this game something like 38-21.

Was Chris Wilson with us when we lost to Northwestern? I think Geoff officially became the DC before that bowl if I remember correctly, but no idea how much that affected us as a team.

MarketingBully
12-24-2015, 02:04 AM
Was Chris Wilson with us when we lost to Northwestern? I think Geoff officially became the DC before that bowl if I remember correctly, but no idea how much that affected us as a team.

Not sure but losing a DC before you play a triple option team can cause results like we had last year...

FISHDAWG
12-24-2015, 09:32 AM
Listen to your ED Bowl Mania leader ......... we will put on a show here - won't even be close