PDA

View Full Version : the university ofolemiss simply uses people then spits them out

Mutt the Hoople
12-23-2015, 09:58 AM
As we all know, high school recruits religiously spend hours a day looking at message boards and making decisions about where they go to college based on what a bunch of middle-aged white guys post.

This bald, fat, middled-aged white guy wants to issue you 4 and 5-* recruits this warning- the university of ole miss just wants to use you, then spit you out.

Let's take the case of the Nkimdichee brothers- over here on The Mississippi State University message boards (Elitedawgs, Genespage, Sixpackspeak, Rivals, 247, etc.), there's been wildly divergent views (similar to a vibrant Representative Republic) on them- from laughing at their plight, to being angry that they'd blow their chances at NFL stardom, to sincere hopes that they could turn their lives around and become productive citizens.

However, on the olemiss boards, there's been this disturbingly Totalitarian train of thought- we ALWAYS hated them, they were ALWAYS thugs, and the sooner they're gone the better. Everybody from the average olemiss Living In The Basement of Their Mom's House poster, to Rebel icons like John Fourcade, have unanimously concluded that the Nkimdichee brothers are persona non grata at their university. Nevermind that Denzel and Robert were the key links to their greatest recruiting class since the 1974 Pittsburgh Steelers. No matter that Robert was a beast in the middle who allowed everybody around him to be better, and Denzel was a smart, saavy players who played well above his star-rating. This goes back to what olemiss has historically done- use somebody until they're no longer useful to their own interests, then throw them away like some $2 Farish Street hooker.

One example- during the James Meredith Riots (known at ole miss as Heritage Remembrance Weekend), some of the Rebel football players actually went out to calm down the riots. Mind you, the 1962 Rebels were the greatest team in their history, the only one that was undefeated and untied- it's been said that the football team probably saved the University from being permanently closed. Allegedly, these guys were the best of the best, the most worshipped people on that campus. However, when they tried to talk to the rioters, they were cussed and driven back to their dorm rooms. Since then, James Meredith has proven useful to them, and so NOW (when the cameras are on and everybody's looking) they fete him on campus and he's treated like royalty (as long as the cameras are rolling). Hell, if you were to talk to Bear-fan NOW, you'd think THEY were fighting the 82nd Airborne and Federal Marshal's to get Mr.Meredith INTO school.

Another is when Peyton Manning decided to follow his heart and go to Tennessee. Nowadays, the Rebel spin is "we was on probation and he made the best decision". However, at the time, their fan base villified Archie and Olivia. Remember that Archie was a legend at olemiss, the one person who gave olemiss 4 more years of relevancy than they had any right to expect. The Rebel braintrust realized how bad a PR move it was to shun their greatest football hero and Homecoming queen, and since then Archie has been in on every major Ole Miss coaching decision. Just my theory, but the real reason Archie got olemiss to hire Cutcliffe was that if Eli had followed his heart and went to Texas or Virginia, he'd have never heard the end of it from Olivia (who was probably sick and tired of the cattiness behind her back in the Grove from her lifelong sorority sister friends).

Finally, look at the how they treat opposing fans in The Grove. To olemiss, they always wanted to be like Texas-Austin-the cool music, the pseudo-Hipster vibe, the free-flowing pot. Whenever Texas came to the Grove, their fans went back talking about how great their experience was- similar to the way the Coolest Senior In High School talks about how some dorky 9th grader let him borrow his dad's Ferrari and take it on a wild joyride, knocking down mailboxes and jumping ditches. However, if the fans don't show their usefulness (like teetotaling BYU or wealthy-but-unpretentious Texas A&M), then they're treated like shit.

For all of you high school recruits who make a 3-5 year committment to go to a school, just take this into consideration- if you want to play football and improve your chances of making it in the League, go to elite programs like Alabama, Michigan, Mississippi State, Ohio State, or even LSU.8

starkvegasdawg
12-23-2015, 10:07 AM
And the crowd said, "Amen".

BulldogBear
12-23-2015, 10:22 AM
Bravo

elitedawgs
12-23-2015, 11:21 AM
The anger and rage with Bearsharks was real after Peyton picked Tennessee. Their egregious sense of entitlement reared its ugly head to one of their own. Archie Manning was on Bill Whalberg's radio show in Jackson afterwards, and he was not a happy camper - "My debt to Ole Miss is paid". Archie knew David Cutcliffe was an exceptional QB coach, and that was one of the main reasons Peyton picked Tennessee. Fast forward a few years and its Eli's time. Ole Miss got smart and hired David Cutcliffe as head coach so they would be able to get Eli. After Eli was finished, they threw Cutcliffe to the curb.

BrunswickDawg
12-23-2015, 11:37 AM
The anger and rage with Bearsharks was real after Peyton picked Tennessee. Their egregious sense of entitlement reared its ugly head to one of their own. Archie Manning was on Bill Whalberg's radio show in Jackson afterwards, and he was not a happy camper - "My debt to Ole Miss is paid". Archie knew David Cutcliffe was an exceptional QB coach, and that was one of the main reasons Peyton picked Tennessee. Fast forward a few years and its Eli's time. Ole Miss got smart and hired David Cutcliffe as head coach so they would be able to get Eli. After Eli was finished, they threw Cutcliffe to the curb.

I was at State then, and I was amazed at the news coverage of Peyton's pick. I remember one of the local news channels interviewing an OM fan after Peyton to TN was announced, and they compared Peyton to Judas. It was astounding.

JDog13
12-23-2015, 12:10 PM
As we all know, high school recruits religiously spend hours a day looking at message boards and making decisions about where they go to college based on what a bunch of middle-aged white guys post.

This bald, fat, middled-aged white guy wants to issue you 4 and 5-* recruits this warning- the university of ole miss just wants to use you, then spit you out.

Let's take the case of the Nkimdichee brothers- over here on The Mississippi State University message boards (Elitedawgs, Genespage, Sixpackspeak, Rivals, 247, etc.), there's been wildly divergent views (similar to a vibrant Representative Republic) on them- from laughing at their plight, to being angry that they'd blow their chances at NFL stardom, to sincere hopes that they could turn their lives around and become productive citizens.

However, on the olemiss boards, there's been this disturbingly Totalitarian train of thought- we ALWAYS hated them, they were ALWAYS thugs, and the sooner they're gone the better. Everybody from the average olemiss Living In The Basement of Their Mom's House poster, to Rebel icons like John Fourcade, have unanimously concluded that the Nkimdichee brothers are persona non grata at their university. Nevermind that Denzel and Robert were the key links to their greatest recruiting class since the 1974 Pittsburgh Steelers. No matter that Robert was a beast in the middle who allowed everybody around him to be better, and Denzel was a smart, saavy players who played well above his star-rating. This goes back to what olemiss has historically done- use somebody until they're no longer useful to their own interests, then throw them away like some $2 Farish Street hooker.

One example- during the James Meredith Riots (known at ole miss as Heritage Remembrance Weekend), some of the Rebel football players actually went out to calm down the riots. Mind you, the 1962 Rebels were the greatest team in their history, the only one that was undefeated and untied- it's been said that the football team probably saved the University from being permanently closed. Allegedly, these guys were the best of the best, the most worshipped people on that campus. However, when they tried to talk to the rioters, they were cussed and driven back to their dorm rooms. Since then, James Meredith has proven useful to them, and so NOW (when the cameras are on and everybody's looking) they fete him on campus and he's treated like royalty (as long as the cameras are rolling).

Another is when Peyton Manning decided to follow his heart and go to Tennessee. Nowadays, the Rebel spin is "we was on probation and he made the best decision". However, at the time, their fan base villified Archie and Olivia. Remember that Archie was a legend at olemiss, the one person who gave olemiss 4 more years of relevancy than they had any right to expect. The Rebel braintrust realized how bad a PR move it was to shun their greatest football hero and Homecoming queen, and since then Archie has been in on every major Ole Miss coaching decision. Just my theory, but the real reason Archie got olemiss to hire Cutcliffe was that if Eli had followed his heart and went to Texas or Virginia, he'd have never heard the end of it from Olivia (who was probably sick and tired of the cattiness behind her back in the Grove from her lifelong sorority sister friends).

Finally, look at the how they treat opposing fans in The Grove. To olemiss, they always wanted to be like Texas-Austin-the cool music, the pseudo-Hipster vibe, the free-flowing pot. Whenever Texas came to the Grove, their fans went back talking about how great their experience was- similar to the way the Coolest Senior In High School talks about how some dorky 9th grader let him borrow his dad's Ferrari and take it on a wild joyride, knocking down mailboxes and jumping ditches. However, if the fans don't show their usefulness (like teetotaling BYU or wealthy-but-unpretentious Texas A&M), then they're treated like shit.

For all of you high school recruits who make a 3-5 year committment to go to a school, just take this into consideration- if you want to play football and improve your chances of making it in the League, go to elite programs like Alabama, Michigan, Mississippi State, Ohio State, or even LSU.

When you screenshot this, make sure I'm in it. Thanks!

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
12-23-2015, 12:13 PM

LOL!!

Behrdawg
12-23-2015, 02:11 PM
Excellent post!

BrunswickDawg
12-23-2015, 02:13 PM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to JDog13 again.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Mutt the Hoople again.

I seen it dawg
12-23-2015, 02:36 PM
I was at State then, and I was amazed at the news coverage of Peyton's pick. I remember one of the local news channels interviewing an OM fan after Peyton to TN was announced, and they compared Peyton to Judas. It was astounding.

But then again it wasn't...

BrunswickDawg
12-23-2015, 02:58 PM
But then again it wasn't...

I was from out of state, I hadn't grown up around their kind of crazy...

Political Hack
12-23-2015, 03:02 PM
And the congregation said BOOM!!!

Who was the ex-Ole Miss player that they tweeted at saying he'd be flipping burgers as soon as he left OM? He got hurt and couldn't play anymore and the Ole Miss fans ripped him on Twitter and some racial crap was thrown out as well? I can't remember the players name, but it fits pretty well with their general
Modus operandi.

MSUDawg99
12-23-2015, 03:06 PM

One example- during the James Meredith Riots (known at ole miss as Heritage Remembrance Weekend), some of the Rebel football players actually went out to calm down the riots. Mind you, the 1962 Rebels were the greatest team in their history, the only one that was undefeated and untied- it's been said that the football team probably saved the University from being permanently closed. Allegedly, these guys were the best of the best, the most worshipped people on that campus. However, when they tried to talk to the rioters, they were cussed and driven back to their dorm rooms. Since then, James Meredith has proven useful to them, and so NOW (when the cameras are on and everybody's looking) they fete him on campus and he's treated like royalty (as long as the cameras are rolling). Hell, if you were to talk to Bear-fan NOW, you'd think THEY were fighting the 82nd Airborne and Federal Marshal's to get Mr.Meredith INTO school.

For all of you high school recruits who make a 3-5 year committment to go to a school, just take this into consideration- if you want to play football and improve your chances of making it in the League, go to elite programs like Alabama, Michigan, Mississippi State, Ohio State, or even LSU.8

Ahhhh...I see you're a fellow Jacksonian too.

BossDawg
12-23-2015, 05:05 PM
I've heard multiple times that Peyton and even Archie received death threats after Peyton chose Tennessee. That's just overboard, but it wouldn't surprise me because of how prideful UMiss fans are. They literally, LITERALLY worship football recruits, and I'm not even close to joking about that. Further, just like you said, they get dolled up when they know they're being watched. It's all about maintaining some pompous image with them more than anything. It's how they manipulate outsiders and keep the public from seeing their true colors.

Jack Lambert
12-23-2015, 05:08 PM
I was from out of state, I hadn't grown up around their kind of crazy...

Some of them are hard to stomack today. There is one at my office who just grad from Ole Miss, Blonde and really good looking and nice. She is different however here parents went to state.

Goldendawg
12-23-2015, 07:11 PM
This is probably part of Denzel K's personal problems at this time. He was worshipped by UM students(BMOC) and many of their fans. Could do no wrong at first and given a lot of free passes, i.e. the situation at the frat fight, film of his language at State students on Spring Break, drug issues, etc. He was all Freshmen SEC and really played well that year, afterward many injuries and not so much success on the field. Spotlight went to his brother who will still be a 1st round pick by some NFL team who doesn't care, just wants to win at all costs(Dallas?) and will still make mega bucks. His 15 minutes of fame are over and what is his future? No longer BMOC and kicked to the curb by those who wanted to be around him. Reminds me of story of the prodigal son in a way. Hope he gets his life together and wonder and hope he earned a worthwhile degree, unless he's in his younger brother's entourage which may also have a limited lifespan. JMHO.

elitedawgs
12-24-2015, 03:36 PM
And the congregation said BOOM!!!

Who was the ex-Ole Miss player that they tweeted at saying he'd be flipping burgers as soon as he left OM? He got hurt and couldn't play anymore and the Ole Miss fans ripped him on Twitter and some racial crap was thrown out as well? I can't remember the players name, but it fits pretty well with their general
Modus operandi.

Brandon Bolden

I seen it dawg
12-24-2015, 04:24 PM
Brandon Bolden

Super bowl champion....not quite flipping burgers

BossDawg
12-24-2015, 07:13 PM
Brandon Bolden

Really? They were tweeting crap like that to him? Why were they upset with Bolden?

Political Hack
12-24-2015, 10:36 PM
Really? They were tweeting crap like that to him? Why were they upset with Bolden?

He got hurt and couldn't play so some fans were ripping him on Twitter. He responded suggesting that it was racially motivated, which is something he'd been exposed to before there. I forget the exact quote, but if I'm remembering correctly that was the jest of it.

starkvegasdawg
12-24-2015, 10:58 PM
Something racial at tsun? Surely not. Why they even have a statue up of James Meredith to show how enlightened they are. Of course it got a noose hung around it and he only got on campus after the army shot the place to hell but that's all irrelevant now because they have the grove and ole miss by damn.

Spiderman
12-24-2015, 11:56 PM
I've heard multiple times that Peyton and even Archie received death threats after Peyton chose Tennessee. That's just overboard, but it wouldn't surprise me because of how prideful UMiss fans are. They literally, LITERALLY worship football recruits, and I'm not even close to joking about that. Further, just like you said, they get dolled up when they know they're being watched. It's all about maintaining some pompous image with them more than anything. It's how they manipulate outsiders and keep the public from seeing their true colors.

Read Archie's book... Even Vaught called him and bitched him out. Archie damn near washed his hands of Ole Miss. He was that pissed.

He also admitted getting money while he played there.