PDA

View Full Version : Very interesting Vandy vs OM spread

ShotgunDawg
08-05-2013, 05:42 PM
Hugh Kellenberger ‏@HKellenbergerCL 11m
Looks like Vandy opened a 1.5 point favorite against Ole Miss, line already moved to Ole Miss -3. (H/T @KegsnEggs) http://*******/T26IB

So.... basically Vegas is saying that Vandy is better than OM at home, but because of a bunch of BS being spewed by the media, fans think OM will win?

Interesting the way the media can effect things.

Esmerelda Villalobos
08-05-2013, 05:46 PM
Im going to have to go with vandy getting 3.

messageboardsuperhero
08-05-2013, 05:53 PM
That is 100% public perception affected by the media. Vandy has won 6 out of 8 in that series, and UM has only won in Nashville once since Eli was in Oxford. That should be a good game, but for a line to move 4.5 points like that just shows you how much the media is putting UM up on a pedestal and people are buying it.

Coach34
08-05-2013, 05:56 PM
That is 100% public perception affected by the media. Vandy has won 6 out of 8 in that series, and UM has only won in Nashville once since Eli was in Oxford. That should be a good game, but for a line to move 4.5 points like that just shows you how much the media is putting UM up on a pedestal and people are buying it.

Vandy walked into Oxford and beat them last year even though it was their glorious rebirth

CadaverDawg
08-05-2013, 05:56 PM
I hope Vandy beats the shit out of them, and with a 49-0 lead with 1 second left they hand off to the running back and he runs flat the **** over Knegdichich on his way to the end zone.

But I think Ole Miss will win it.

messageboardsuperhero
08-05-2013, 06:02 PM
I didn't realize this until I looked it up, but Vandy hasn't lost in Oxford since 2006. That's hilariously crazy to think about. Whether those pricks want to admit it or not, Vandy seriously has their number.

All that being said though, I think UM probably does win. Vandy loses some key pieces from last year.

drunkernhelldawg
08-05-2013, 06:05 PM
I gotta agree with you.

TUSK
08-05-2013, 06:08 PM
Vegas sets the line based on how they "think" fans will bet, not on which team is actually is better and by how much...

those effers are usually really close, tho....

FlabLoser
08-05-2013, 06:11 PM
Vandy-OM is MSU-Arkansas. Doesn't matter which team is better. We know what's going to happen.

Political Hack
08-05-2013, 06:38 PM
Vandy is a better football team than OM.

TexasDawg
08-05-2013, 06:57 PM
I think Vandy is gonna be pretty damn good and gonna surprise some folks. I'll take the original spread

RougeDawg
08-05-2013, 08:03 PM
Money than sense. Combine that with delusions of grandeur and you have this prime example.

Vandy money line is the best bet here. Vandy has more depth, playing at home, ad they have OM's number. I predict vandy wins by double digits going away. Reminiscent of that Thursday night game a few years back when the bears were riding high and ranked top 10, in week 3(4), but only having played one game. Fell flat on their dicks and started the downward spiral that we slowed down during last years Egg Bowl. The potential for that spiral to continue is 2013 and Vandy should start them back down that path.

Ronny
08-05-2013, 08:26 PM

..a coach out recruiting I would tell any recruit leaning to UM that Vandy has won 6 out of 8 in that series, and UM has only won in Nashville once since Eli was in Oxford.

I would hammer home the point said recruit leaning to the University of Mississippi that he would be playing for a team that can not beat Vanderbilt. I would tell mama it's a fact, mam. The Oxford Grays can not beat Vanderbilt. Let's look it up on the computer to verify.

I realize Vandy had a good season last year, but they are still Vandy. They will return to their customary 4 win seasons soon enough. The catch is when those customary 4 win seasons return, one of those 4 wins will against Miss Hugh.

It_Could_Happen
08-05-2013, 09:49 PM
As bad as I want vandy to win.. This game is just 50/50 to me. I can see it going either way

Coach 57
08-06-2013, 06:46 AM
I just remember last year with 40 seconds left Vandy scored and let the air completely out of the stadium. It was one of my favorite moments from the whole season last year.

Vandy is a different team at home. I think the game wil come down to if UM can whether the Vandy storm of intensity early. If they can't Vandy will win. If they do UM will win.

bocfarm
08-06-2013, 09:00 AM
I just remember last year with 40 seconds left Vandy scored and let the air completely out of the stadium. It was one of my favorite moments from the whole season last year.

Vandy is a different team at home. I think the game wil come down to if UM can whether the Vandy storm of intensity early. If they can't Vandy will win. If they do UM will win.

That was also one of my favorite moments last yr as well

This ones a coin flip imo...Vandy lost some key players QB and RB and OM will try and play faster than they did last yr, its all they 've been focused on in practice...faster, faster, faster....Vandy will have to force some turnovers to win this one imo.

FISHDAWG
08-06-2013, 09:18 AM
since folks are going on record - I think the bears are gonna bitch slap Vandy out of last years fantasy hangover

Bullmutt
08-06-2013, 12:14 PM
So...Opinions: Who is the better on-field, game-day coach- Bucky or Franklin?

FlabLoser
08-06-2013, 12:38 PM
Definitely Franklin. The only positive I've seen out of Bucky is that ability to motivate players.

CJDAWG85
08-06-2013, 01:16 PM
With all of the injuries OM has right now and the lack of depth at QB, I'll gladly take the home dog on a Thursday night!!!! Hopefully it will be above 4 by game time.

Coach 57
08-06-2013, 09:18 PM
CJ is right. The injuries are going to bite the bears and in the opening game sometimes expect the unexpected.

Jack Lambert
08-06-2013, 09:56 PM
I think Vanderbilts history plays into the preception more then anything else. Even now I catch myself thinking "it's Vanderbilt". That would be a automatic W on the Schedule and we all know that's not the case anymore. Vandy has a lot of money, great location and if they wanted to they could really build a football program. Obviously they would have to change some things.