PDA

View Full Version : Are there many big hunting lodges in MS?

Taog Redloh
12-22-2015, 06:29 PM
I've always thought this would be a great money-maker for the state. I'm sure there are some out there. I was rolling through backwoods Alabama and saw this one - http://leavellwood.com/Pages/default.asp, and was just wondering if MS had a bunch of them, places with resort-type areas where you can have parties/weddings/etc. in addition to big hunting groups. I've often thought tourism was an under-utilized area in the State of MS. We could make a ton of $$$$ with flying rich folks in to hunt, plus putting together an elaborate Civil War/Civil Rights Trail. There's all kinds of that kind of history in MS.

Bass Chaser
12-28-2015, 07:28 PM
I only know of one - Giles Island, Natchez/Ferriday.

Johnson85
12-28-2015, 07:42 PM
There are plenty of places offering guided hunts but not sure how many of them have a nice lodge versus just a hunting cabin type set up. The only two I know of is Longleaf Plantation, (although I think they are mostly bird hunting and I'm thinking that's probably supported by Hood Industries and not a money maker on its own) and a palce up in the delta that was set up by a hotel guy I think (can't remember the name, but I'm not sure it was open to rental to the public; he may have just used it to entertain business contacts).

BeastMan
12-31-2015, 01:00 PM
I only know of one - Giles Island, Natchez/Ferriday.

Only one I know of. They had a few guides from my hometown. I know it's normally amazing but I wonder if the river being up adversely effects them.

fishwater99
01-04-2016, 12:14 PM
Only one I know of. They had a few guides from my hometown. I know it's normally amazing but I wonder if the river being up adversely effects them.

What you think?

starkvegasdawg
01-04-2016, 06:34 PM
What you think?

Maybe they can do guided fishing trips.