PDA

View Full Version : IYOK/EDR

ShotgunDawg
12-22-2015, 11:54 AM
I've noticed that neither one of you have chimed in about the Sullivan situation, and was just curious if everything being reported is true?

Also, it's only Tuesday and he doesn't announce till Saturday. Any chance things change?

Ifyouonlyknew
12-22-2015, 12:02 PM
Unless something drastic changes it's not going to be MSU. He did tell Mullen & some recruits he was coming to MSU last week. In the end the family won out & I expect him to commit to TCU. His parents live in Dallas. He's been staying in Donaldsonville with other family until he graduated. It sucks because he would've been a big get not just for the team but for fan morale. WR isn't a position where we're hurting but the fanbase needs something good to happen so some can step off the ledge. Recruiting wise Jamal Couch & AJ Brown are still our primary WR targets. Get those 2 & Bear returns like it is looking we've had a good WR haul. It's frustrating to have to hold on until Signing Day but that's pretty much all we can do. The Dawgs need a win in the worst way next week though or I'm afraid we're going to have some casualties around here.**

FISHDAWG
12-22-2015, 12:07 PM
Unless something drastic changes it's not going to be MSU. He did tell Mullen & some recruits he was coming to MSU last week. In the end the family won out & I expect him to commit to TCU. His parents live in Dallas. He's been staying in Donaldsonville with other family until he graduated. It sucks because he would've been a big get not just for the team but for fan morale. WR isn't a position where we're hurting but the fanbase needs something good to happen so some can step off the ledge. Recruiting wise Jamal Couch & AJ Brown are still our primary WR targets. Get those 2 & Bear returns like it is looking we've had a good WR haul. It's frustrating to have to hold on until Signing Day but that's pretty much all we can do. The Dawgs need a win in the worst way next week though or I'm afraid we're going to have some casualties around here.**

you think he's returning ? ... give us your best guess - nothing we will hold you too

AROB44
12-22-2015, 12:09 PM

The few casualties we might have will not be missed. Remember folks on message boards comprise a minuscule percentage of the fan base.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-22-2015, 12:11 PM
you think he's returning ? ... give us your best guess - nothing we will hold you too

60-65%

ShotgunDawg
12-22-2015, 12:11 PM

Strong indications that Bear will be back. Apparently, he gave a recent interview in which he talked about trusting our coaches when it came to his future.

IMO, getting Bear back is bigger than keeping CJ, due to our QB dynamic next year. Fitz or Staley will have real weapons with experience and that will help a young QB immeasurably.

Lumpy Chucklelips
12-22-2015, 12:31 PM
This is really a simple fix. Just get the parents a job and home in Starkville. Oh, wait! I'm starting to think like an OM fan. But seriously, that is all they would do. Problem solved, move on to the next one.

defiantdog
12-22-2015, 12:33 PM
Strong indications that Bear will be back. Apparently, he gave a recent interview in which he talked about trusting our coaches when it came to his future.

IMO, getting Bear back is bigger than keeping CJ, due to our QB dynamic next year. Fitz or Staley will have real weapons with experience and that will help a young QB immeasurably.

Why? Our defensive line is a mixture of inexperienced stars and not as talented vets. Dale and Nelson aren't going to stop Damien Harris and Bo Scarborough next year. I'd much rather CJ stay then Bear. Bear is a game changing WR and has a possibility to break some records, but we need that force on the DL next year.

ElitedawgRecruiting
12-22-2015, 12:36 PM
I haven't really responded cause he is giving conflicting reports. Telling coaches and recruits one thing. Then telling some re recruiting writers another. So I really don't know what will happen. I trust what is being reported but why tell the other recruits the opposite. This has been a strange week with this kid

Coach34
12-22-2015, 12:39 PM
Jones leaving is a way bigger deal than Bear. I'm glad to hear he is backing off his "I'm gone" stance from August

Shooter McGavin
12-22-2015, 03:15 PM
The Dawgs need a win in the worst way next week though or I'm afraid we're going to have some casualties around here.**

No doubt about it. Also have you heard any new info on the lineman from New Orleans, Willie Allen? Are we in the mix?

Ifyouonlyknew
12-22-2015, 03:22 PM
No doubt about it. Also have you heard any new info on the lineman from New Orleans, Willie Allen? Are we in the mix?

Yes we are in it & scheduled to get an OV in January. Willie's recruitment is going to come down to how hard LSU pushes for him. If they decide to really press I think they get him but if they don't then MSU, TCU, & UGA all have legit shots.

Irondawg
12-22-2015, 03:38 PM
The thing about Sullivan is most of us thought we were going to finish 2nd or 3rd, which is par for the course on most of big out of state fish we try to land. Then suddenly we led and we though he was announcing a week ago. The minute he delayed that spelled doom in my eyes. It meant either family was trying to talk him out of it or a some other combination of events happened.

Had it never looked like we won him over, I wouldn't have batted an eye. But now it looks like yet another deal we just can't close. Agree that he's not irreplaceable, but we did need a win.

tcdog70
12-22-2015, 03:48 PM
I t sucks because we let the JUCO go to Ark. St. Oh well, recruiting is something we are just half-ass at.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-22-2015, 03:53 PM
I t sucks because we let the JUCO go to Ark. St. Oh well, recruiting is something we are just half-ass at.

I somewhat agree. We only needed a Juco WR if Bear left/leaves. If he doesn't leave then we had no need for a Juco. Just need 2 solid HS outside WR.

maroonmania
12-22-2015, 04:23 PM
The thing about Sullivan is most of us thought we were going to finish 2nd or 3rd, which is par for the course on most of big out of state fish we try to land. Then suddenly we led and we though he was announcing a week ago. The minute he delayed that spelled doom in my eyes. It meant either family was trying to talk him out of it or a some other combination of events happened.

Had it never looked like we won him over, I wouldn't have batted an eye. But now it looks like yet another deal we just can't close. Agree that he's not irreplaceable, but we did need a win.

I don't really think it can be argued that we are terrible at closing on out of state kids. In state we have actually become fairly good competent. Just seems when a highly desired prospect is out of state and surrounded by non-MSU influences we just can't reel them in.

jumbo
12-22-2015, 04:49 PM

IYOK can correct me if I'm wrong, but we were on him because he was going to have 3 years to play 3. I'm pretty sure that didn't happen and he only has 2 years of eligibility. And that is as much as why we passed on him than how the staff felt about Sullivan.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-22-2015, 05:08 PM
IYOK can correct me if I'm wrong, but we were on him because he was going to have 3 years to play 3. I'm pretty sure that didn't happen and he only has 2 years of eligibility. And that is as much as why we passed on him than how the staff felt about Sullivan.

That's also true.

tcdog70
12-22-2015, 05:20 PM
That's also true.

just sign AJ and it will be OK--Miss Him and it will be a cluster

mic
12-22-2015, 05:20 PM

We only needed him if we go 0-3 ( which we aren't going to do)
If he had been a CB , OL, or DL and we missed out it would be a much bigger loss.

But yeah our staff for sure isn't ALL IN on recruiting...

Todd4State
12-22-2015, 05:33 PM
I don't really think it can be argued that we are terrible at closing on out of state kids. In state we have actually become fairly good competent. Just seems when a highly desired prospect is out of state and surrounded by non-MSU influences we just can't reel them in.

That's because recruiting is so much about RELATIONSHIPS as much as is it is anything. If the issue here is Sullivan's family wanting him to be in Dallas so that they can watch him play, then to me we need to at least offer the family through a booster who has a private jet the opportunity to use the jet to watch him play in Starkville on gamedays.

That's how you get these things done.

Todd4State
12-22-2015, 05:35 PM

Not really. Do we really want a guy that was only offered by Arkansas State? He sounds more like a guy that would have eaten up a scholarship to me.