PDA

View Full Version : When will CHF be held responsible for his players' actions?

ElitedawgRecruiting
12-22-2015, 07:55 AM
Gonna say my peace on this and let it go.

I see both sides of the argument. I really do. You want to feel sorry for the kid. But it's been an ongoing cycle with those 6 players since they arrived at ole miss. The brother shave been so bad that the crap that Tunsil and Treadwell pull goes completely unnoticed. That in itself is a blessing to freeze.

But if we are going to be honest, let's not bash the brothers. Yes they have a problem. Yes they brought it on themselves. But Hugh Freeze sitting around with his "aw shucks, we didn't know attitude" is the person to blame here. These two kids have basically run the asylum since they stepped on campus. Practice when they want. Party when they want. Get hyped out of this world only to be average players most plays. Teams learned quickly just run right at Robert. He can run you down from behind but if you run at him it neutralizes him. But freeze continuously turned a blind eye to it all. He knew he was hired to eat Hootens contract and then they would make a change. But he wouldn't accept that. He bought players that would get him the job permanently. And after he did that he knew if he stood around with his fake Christian bull crap that the fanbase would believe anything he said.

He ruined these two boys. Period. Not by his actions. But by his lack of actions.

He ruined any chance Tee Shepard had to be successful. Not by his actions. But because he had to win the press conference.

With all the uproar we have as a fanbase over them flipping a guy. Ask yourself this. How many have they flipped that have actually gone on to be that good? It's not because the kids aren't talented. It's because of a culture created by this guy that allows them to do whatever they want as long as it doesn't effect his job status

Political Hack
12-22-2015, 10:27 AM
I took this out of the long locked thread and placed it here. It deserves its own conversation free of the chit show that ensued in the other thread.

CHF has absolutely lost complete control of his players. They are literally dropping like flies and jumping out of windows. As absurd as that sounds, it's sadly true. The persistent use of drugs and alcohol abuse by his players while he espouses Christian values is the most sickening hypocritical ploy in collegiate sports that I have ever seen. Had my head coach said "we can't stop them from using spice" on national television, I would have fired him before he finished the interview.

At some point leaders have to be held responsible. It's far past that time for CHF.

Behrdawg
12-22-2015, 11:02 AM
This post was spot on and it deserves the recognition. This is what needs to be discussed. Freeze is purposefully placing himself to benefit off others paid-for services no matter the consequences for these kids. Remember the statement he made to our one player "I fear for your soul if you go to MSU"? Im sorry, but that is absolutely disgusting. I am a believer and my faith has been growing quite a bit lately. What I've learned is that a true follower loves all and shows no confrontation or ill-will towards others. With that said, you tell me, what does his statement to our player sound like? This was 3 years ago and imagine how bad it has gotten now.

UM has been on a roll ever since they saw what Auburn did with Cam Newton. They are screaming in the face of the NCAA saying "do something about it". The NCAA obviously won't. Well I have news for ole Freeze- you reap what you sow. The world calls it Karma. This could be the beginning of the end for him.

Jack Lambert
12-22-2015, 11:04 AM
I took this out of the long locked thread and placed it here. It deserves its own conversation free of the chit show that ensued in the other thread.

CHF has absolutely lost complete control of his players. They are literally dropping like flies and jumping out of windows. As absurd as that sounds, it's sadly true. The persistent use of drugs and alcohol abuse by his players while he espouses Christian values is the most sickening hypocritical ploy in collegiate sports that I have ever seen. Had my head coach said "we can't stop them from using spice" on national television, I would have fired him before he finished the interview.

At some point leaders have to be held responsible. It's far past that time for CHF.

These versus describes freeze to the T.

Matt 6:1-8, 16-18

Luke 18:10-14

I am a Christian and proud to be one. I have many short comings and struggle to be a good Christian. I have never been a in your face Christian because I know that I am human and sometimes will fail. The problem with Freeze, he is another in a long line of Christians who uses his faith to progress him self not the lord.

Martianlander
12-22-2015, 11:38 AM
Hosea 5:2 NIV

The rebels are knee-deep in slaughter.
I will discipline all of them

ScoobaDawg
12-22-2015, 11:45 AM

I see both sides of the argument. I really do. You want to feel sorry for the kid. But it's been an ongoing cycle with those 6 players since they arrived at ole miss. The brother shave been so bad that the crap that Tunsil and Treadwell pull goes completely unnoticed. That in itself is a blessing to freeze.

But if we are going to be honest, let's not bash the brothers. Yes they have a problem. Yes they brought it on themselves. But Hugh Freeze sitting around with his "aw shucks, we didn't know attitude" is the person to blame here. These two kids have basically run the asylum since they stepped on campus. Practice when they want. Party when they want. Get hyped out of this world only to be average players most plays. Teams learned quickly just run right at Robert. He can run you down from behind but if you run at him it neutralizes him. But freeze continuously turned a blind eye to it all. He knew he was hired to eat Hootens contract and then they would make a change. But he wouldn't accept that. He bought players that would get him the job permanently. And after he did that he knew if he stood around with his fake Christian bull crap that the fanbase would believe anything he said.

He ruined these two boys. Period. Not by his actions. But by his lack of actions.

He ruined any chance Tee Shepard had to be successful. Not by his actions. But because he had to win the press conference.

With all the uproar we have as a fanbase over them flipping a guy. Ask yourself this. How many have they flipped that have actually gone on to be that good? It's not because the kids aren't talented. It's because of a culture created by this guy that allows them to do whatever they want as long as it doesn't effect his job status

Sadly only the Bears can hold him accountable...and that will not happen unless something drastic happens it appears. The team controls Freeze, the school controls the Media.
The fans could be outraged but they aren't... and us pointing fingers though for legit reasons they will just say we are jealous of his recruiting talent and beating us 2 years in a row.

So I hate for anyone to get hurt. by their own ignorance or not having the proper support. But all we can do is hope things change.....or something worse WILL occur.

Jarius
12-22-2015, 11:55 AM
No one is going to hold him accountable for anything until he starts losing. Much like none of their alumni or coaches hold their players accountable until they have exhausted their uses as hired guns. Just get over it. Nothing will change there because they are going to keep winning until he stops recruiting big time talent. We can either join the party or continue to bitch about the way they act while toting an ass whipping from them yearly.

BossDawg
12-22-2015, 12:18 PM
Never. He is just like their fans, he worships football recruits, not God. The whole "religious" thing is a charade; a first line of defense, so to speak, meant to be a red herring to keep people from discovering his true colors...just as the Grove is, a pageant. They doll themselves up and put on their happy face when the cameras are pointing their way. Like the Tuohys, for instance...they didn't "adopt" Oher out of the goodness of their hearts. Give me a break. They simply wanted him playing at UMiss, and everything else was a steaming pile of garbage concocted to make the Tuohys look good and further, help sever everyone's association of UMiss with racism.

That might sound ridiculous, but that's exactly how they do things.

ElitedawgRecruiting
12-22-2015, 12:24 PM
I wasn't asking him to be held accountable for anything honestly. I posted this in the other thread to show that while those brothers do have massive problems, it could have been stopped long ago and it wasn't. My biggest issue is he knows this is all going on and hides behind a vail of religion to say he doesn't

I seen it dawg
12-22-2015, 01:02 PM
**** him and **** them.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
12-22-2015, 01:31 PM
We can either join the party or continue to bitch about the way they act while toting an ass whipping from them yearly.

If that means whoring out our University and dealing with issues like those at the University of Ole Miss, I'll settle for 8 wins a season.

starkvegasdawg
12-22-2015, 01:45 PM
He'll be held accountable when he finishes 5-7.

TopWaterDog
12-22-2015, 02:02 PM
A 21 year old made dumb decisions for himself. Some people have fought in wars and raised children by that age. I blame freeze for giving the kids that much money but what they did with it is their own fault

Bubb Rubb
12-22-2015, 02:08 PM
This is the reverend's problem. He got the greatest recruiting class in the history of the program. Then, in the year that the class is supposed to win big, they come up short, with an ugly loss to Memphis on their schedule. They still get to the Sugar Bowl, although it's not your granddaddy's Sugar Bowl. But, it's enough to make them feel better about the season - until all of these embarrassments start hitting. And make no mistake - they are embarrassments. The first DK episode, the RK episode, and now the second DK episode, and this all follows the Tunsil episode. Every time one of these things pop up, it keeps everything else on the front page. It's embarrassing for the school, and I can assure you that the reverend is hearing about it behind the scenes. NOW.....next year the cupboard is not bare, but it is pretty empty. The schedule gets tough. Look a their schedule and find seven wins - it's not easy. All of this Ole Miss stuff is like a snowball running down hill - and Freeze is going to struggle to overcome it if they have a bad year next year. Oh, and I haven't even brought up the NCAA investigation.

"For how does a man profit, when he gains the whole world, but loses his soul?"

Jacksondevildog
12-22-2015, 02:09 PM
Take a look at our basketball program at the end of Stans tenure. The inmates ran the asylum and drug problems were rampant. The same thing will happen up there. It just may take longer. They won't bottom out, but they will get tired of reading about arrests, Corinthians tweets and winning 7-8 games a year with "top recruiting classes".

BrunswickDawg
12-22-2015, 02:31 PM
This is the reverend's problem. He got the greatest recruiting class in the history of the program. Then, in the year that the class is supposed to win big, they come up short, with an ugly loss to Memphis on their schedule. They still get to the Sugar Bowl, although it's not your granddaddy's Sugar Bowl. But, it's enough to make them feel better about the season - until all of these embarrassments start hitting. And make no mistake - they are embarrassments. The first DK episode, the RK episode, and now the second DK episode, and this all follows the Tunsil episode. Every time one of these things pop up, it keeps everything else on the front page. It's embarrassing for the school, and I can assure you that the reverend is hearing about it behind the scenes. NOW.....next year the cupboard is not bare, but it is pretty empty. The schedule gets tough. Look a their schedule and find seven wins - it's not easy. All of this Ole Miss stuff is like a snowball running down hill - and Freeze is going to struggle to overcome it if they have a bad year next year. Oh, and I haven't even brought up the NCAA investigation.

"For how does a man profit, when he gains the whole world, but loses his soul?"
Is this year "Back to Back Cotton Bowls 2.0"? People forget Reverund Nutt was selling this same schtick before The Right Reverund Beav saved the flock. Ole Nutt went from B2BCB to unemployed real fast.

Coach34
12-22-2015, 03:12 PM
**** him and **** them.

What he said

tcdog70
12-22-2015, 03:55 PM
What he said

i fully agree with you both. Too much Rebel obsession. Worry about the Dogs. Same $hit different Day.

bulldawg28
12-22-2015, 04:12 PM
**** him and **** them.

Consistency is the key..lol

Political Hack
12-22-2015, 04:26 PM
If I were a parent I'd have some serious questions as to what extent Hugh Freeze is liable for these continued actions. The prevalence of drug abuse by his team is reaching heights that haven't been seen before. Statements like his on F-bomb ensinuating they can't stop it is proof that the kids are running the show there. It's arguable that he's liable for allowing this to happen without repercussions. Also, OM's lax ass drug policy (if you can even call that "do nothing until strike 3 BS a "drug policy") could be liable as well.

If one of my kids were found unresponsive twice and the other one was jumping out of hotel windows, I'd have some very serious questions as to what the hell has been going on in Oxford the last few years. That's without even mentioning the lawsuit they were involved with, the bong picture, the recruiting allegations, the dad's job offer from UMC, etc...

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
12-22-2015, 04:28 PM
If I were a parent I'd have some serious questions as to what extent Hugh Freeze is liable for these continued actions. The prevalence of drug abuse by his team is reaching heights that haven't been seen before. Statements like his on F-bomb ensinuating they can't stop it is proof that the kids are running the show there. It's arguable that he's liable for allowing this to happen without repercussions. Also, OM's lax ass drug policy (if you can even call that "do nothing until strike 3 BS a "drug policy") could be liable as well.

If one of my kids were found unresponsive twice and the other one was jumping out of hotel windows, I'd have some very serious questions as to what the hell has been going on in Oxford the last few years. That's without even mentioning the lawsuit they were involved with, the bong picture, the recruiting allegations, the dad's job offer from UMC, etc...

And don't forget the Marshall Henderson experiment...any takers on guessing who he hung out with in his time at Mississippi?

maroonmania
12-22-2015, 05:54 PM
No one is going to hold him accountable for anything until he starts losing.

^^^ This fully answers the question. Freeze can run the program any way he wants as long as he wins enough and nobody from OM will care.

Spiderman
12-22-2015, 11:11 PM

The only thing that will get you fired now a days is losing or child molestation, and only that if you have below 10 wins.

Seriously, the day they started paying coaches $1million to coach, all that "creating good citizens and fine young men to be our future leaders" bullcrap went out the window.

If you want good boys playing for the love of it and coaches molding young men today.... become a Millsaps or MC fan.

cheewgumm
12-23-2015, 01:04 AM
I'm going with never.

Held accountable by whom?

RougeDawg
12-23-2015, 10:13 AM
Sadly it will take a losing season or tragic accident from one of his players, for his blasphemous, backstabbing ways to be stopped. If he loses they will run him out of town. If an accident occurs on his watch he will have a nice lawsuit thrown in his lap, due to the pattern and number of similar incidents lacking institutional control.

Drugs Delaney
12-23-2015, 07:43 PM
When Myles Hartsfield steps on the field and they are then known as the "Mississippi Booty Bandits." I can hear the guy on the PA now..." FIRST DOWN!" crowd replies "BOOOOTY BANDITS"!