PDA

View Full Version : Devonta pollard

msstate7
12-21-2015, 10:28 PM
Could ray have gotten him? Pollard's numbers... 14.2 ppg 7.0 rpg 1.2 apg

If we could have gotten him out of juco, he's a huge miss. He would really help us out in the front court

klong-dog
12-21-2015, 10:37 PM
Where's he at now? Knew he was at Bama then Emcc last I had heard.

msstate7
12-21-2015, 10:39 PM
Where's he at now? Knew he was at Bama then Emcc last I had heard.

Houston

klong-dog
12-21-2015, 10:42 PM
Oh ok. Yeah his length and athleticism would definitely help this team. Just on depth alone.

MabenMaroon
12-21-2015, 10:43 PM
University of Houston, coached by the former OU coach Kelvin Sampson. Posted a thread a couple of weeks ago, seems to be doing well with his life as well as his game.

msstate7
12-21-2015, 10:46 PM
University of Houston, coached by the former OU coach Kelvin Sampson. Posted a thread a couple of weeks ago, seems to be doing well with his life as well as his game.

As much as I'd love for him to be here, getting away from this area was probably the best thing for him

MarketingBully
12-22-2015, 09:40 AM
Ray never recruited him at EMCC. He also didn't recruit Kenny Paul Geno who would definitely help this team. He didn't get Coleby either who would have been a kid that we would have gotten and not Ole Miss if Ray weren't here. Ray wasn't what you would consider even an average recruiter. He loaded us up with 2 star works in progress and kids who didn't even start on their high school team...

MarketingBully
12-22-2015, 09:42 AM
Also, Pollard has been on Houston a couple of years. His first year there was last year.

shannondawg
12-22-2015, 10:39 AM
Actually Stansbury assisted Houston in getting him in return Houston allowed one of their players that wanted to transfer to TAMU.

tcdog70
12-22-2015, 05:15 PM
They both Wanted to come to State. Ray and all the Ray lovers on this Board blasted me for even suggesting we sign Pollard. Travis daniels was their poster Boy for what we needed. Ray was an idiot but he had plenty of fans right here. Ray ****ing Charles could see that Pollard could play.

msstate7
12-22-2015, 06:13 PM
They both Wanted to come to State. Ray and all the Ray lovers on this Board blasted me for even suggesting we sign Pollard. Travis daniels was their poster Boy for what we needed. Ray was an idiot but he had plenty of fans right here. Ray ****ing Charles could see that Pollard could play.

With pollard we'd be at least 7-3 and have a shot at postseason. We have no front court after ware

tcdog70
12-22-2015, 10:08 PM
With pollard we'd be at least 7-3 and have a shot at postseason. We have no front court after ware

What if we had DP and Geno? What gets me is they wanted to be here. We can do some stupid stuff

MarketingBully
12-23-2015, 02:26 AM
What if we had DP and Geno? What gets me is they wanted to be here. We can do some stupid stuff

Here is an interesting thought - Swap Ndoye/Daniels for Pollard/Geno and you have an NCAA tourney team....interesting.

I seen it dawg
12-23-2015, 07:11 AM

Good job

Coach34
12-23-2015, 09:34 AM
Houston just lost to a team I've never freaking heard of.

msstate7
12-23-2015, 09:43 AM
Houston just lost to a team I've never freaking heard of.

That's really not relevant to this... We have a huge hole in our front court that pollard would've filled nicely. Nevertheless we don't have pollard, so hopefully Holman is ready soon and can give us some good mins

HSVDawg
12-23-2015, 10:04 AM

He averaged 4 points and 3 rebounds per game as a freshmen in the SEC for a team that wasn't very good. Combine that with all the off the court stuff and its easy to see why many programs passed on him. I'm glad he's turned it around and is doing better, but its ridiculous to say that anyone should have been able to see how good he was.

Coach34
12-23-2015, 10:05 AM
That's really not relevant to this... We have a huge hole in our front court that pollard would've filled nicely. Nevertheless we don't have pollard, so hopefully Holman is ready soon and can give us some good mins

Pollard averages 11 and 6- Daniels 9 and 5. I think some of you are jumping into some hyperbole here

Ifyouonlyknew
12-23-2015, 10:27 AM
Here is an interesting thought - Swap Ndoye/Daniels for Pollard/Geno and you have an NCAA tourney team....interesting.

That's a huge stretch. I'll go ahead & say that's false. Daniels & Pollard basically the same player & Geno isn't any better than Zuppardo. Plus he's only 6'6" so how is he going to help where we lack at in the post?

msstate7
12-23-2015, 01:25 PM
That's a huge stretch. I'll go ahead & say that's false. Daniels & Pollard basically the same player & Geno isn't any better than Zuppardo. Plus he's only 6'6" so how is he going to help where we lack at in the post?

Wouldn't it be nice to have another 4? Right now we have nothing on the front court. BTW, he's listed at 6'8"

When's Holman expected back? Will he be an impact player?

msstate7
12-23-2015, 01:28 PM
Pollard averages 11 and 6- Daniels 9 and 5. I think some of you are jumping into some hyperbole here

Actually 13.5 ppg 6.5 rpg

Ifyouonlyknew
12-23-2015, 01:32 PM
Wouldn't it be nice to have another 4? Right now we have nothing on the front court. BTW, he's listed at 6'8"

When's Holman expected back? Will he be an impact player?

Having another Johnny Zuppardo wouldn't make this team much better at all.

msstate7
12-23-2015, 01:36 PM
Having another Johnny Zuppardo wouldn't make this team much better at all.

You think pollard is zuppardo? I think he's more athletic than that. BTW, I'm not saying pollard would be all sec or anything, but I do think we would be much better if we had pollard over ndoye

Ifyouonlyknew
12-23-2015, 01:57 PM
You think pollard is zuppardo? I think he's more athletic than that. BTW, I'm not saying pollard would be all sec or anything, but I do think we would be much better if we had pollard over ndoye

No I think Geno is another Zuppardo. Pollard is a slightly better Daniels but replacing Pollard for Daniels wouldn't change the outcome of 2 games IMO.

Coach34
12-23-2015, 03:16 PM
Actually 13.5 ppg 6.5 rpg

No- it's exactly what I said it was

http://m.espn.go.com/ncb/playergamelog?playerId=61776

mic
12-23-2015, 03:25 PM
Pollard needed to get the hell away from here for his own good..
Ray should have given Geno a scholarship one because his parents were alumni and big program supporters and not wasted it on Applewhite.. RR handled that situation wrong from the start...

The main thing this team is missing is a TRUE big man who can guard the paint just like JV did..
We have scores at the 1..3.. & 4 ..

msstate7
12-23-2015, 03:39 PM
No- it's exactly what I said it was

http://m.espn.go.com/ncb/playergamelog?playerId=61776

That's weird. We're both using the same site...http://s22.postimg.org/sqohqe0jl/image.png (http://postimage.org/)

http://m.espn.go.com/ncb/playercard?playerId=61776&src=desktop

Coach34
12-23-2015, 04:16 PM
That must not have updated with his games Monday and Tuesday

tcdog70
12-23-2015, 11:35 PM
That must not have updated with his games Monday and Tuesday

Coach can't help it he is a Pollard hater. What about Daniel and pitiful basketball IQ. Pollard is just better than Daniel. Don't even talk about Daniel and his matador defense. He just learned how to set a screen last month and he still can't block out or offer any help defense. Come crunch time and Howland has flat top Fred playing and Travis--look like Tarzan play like Jane--Daniels on the pines.

Dawg61
12-24-2015, 12:16 AM
**** Geno. Give me Pollard and Tookie and this is a much better basketball team.