PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Sullivan's Announcement

djaymsu5
12-21-2015, 08:26 PM
Will be Saturday the 26th per Twitter https://twitter.com/sjs_10/status/679101324705800192

Jacksondevildog
12-21-2015, 08:26 PM
Paul Jones just CB'd him to TCU

msstate7
12-21-2015, 08:29 PM
Paul Jones just CB'd him to TCU

Along with 3 others... Don't know why I even got my hopes up. Have I mentioned I hate football recruiting?

djaymsu5
12-21-2015, 08:33 PM
Along with 3 others... Don't know why I even got my hopes up. Have I mentioned I hated football recruiting?

Mutual feelings! Why do I get my hopes up over MSU sports period

Op4isabitch
12-21-2015, 08:35 PM
Mutual feelings! Why do I get my hopes up over MSU sports period

Do like me, take solace in the fact that we are the premier learning institution in the state. After all that's what college is all about. ��

MarketingBully
12-21-2015, 08:37 PM
I still say it's LSU. He listed them third to drum up drama.

maroonmania
12-21-2015, 08:41 PM
Along with 3 others... Don't know why I even got my hopes up. Have I mentioned I hate football recruiting?

Hey, on the bright side, at least you can enjoy Christmas day before it becomes official. We don't typically close very well, that's why I don't like that we didn't nail down more of our top targets back in the Summer and early Fall. Having to nail these guys down in late December and January is not something I'm real confident in. At least WR is not one of our biggest areas of need so as long as we get AJ we should be fine at that position.

msstate7
12-21-2015, 08:42 PM
Mcinnis already signed with Arkansas state and losing Sullivan... Need bear to go ahead and declare to complete the kick in the nuts**

djaymsu5
12-21-2015, 08:43 PM
Do like me, take solace in the fact that we are the premier learning institution in the state. After all that's what college is all about. ��

True

msstate7
12-21-2015, 08:44 PM
Hey, on the bright side, at least you can enjoy Christmas day before it becomes official. We don't typically close very well, that's why I don't like that we didn't nail down more of our top targets back in the Summer and early Fall. Having to nail these guys down in late December and January is not something I'm real confident in. At least WR is not one of our biggest areas of need so as long as we get AJ we should be fine at that position.

Christmas will be great... No way I let our football staff's recruiting determine that. It'd be a sad thanksgiving, Christmas, and Valentine's Day

ShotgunDawg
12-21-2015, 09:06 PM
We are a laughing stock.

It's gotten to the point where our fans expect bad news.

Our alumni had two weeks to finish this off and did nothing. We seriously, in no way deserve to win the West. We simply aren't committed enough.

Schools that are committed get players that have extreme interest their program.

Bothrops
12-21-2015, 09:06 PM
You run out of prospects pretty quick when you recruit a 200 mile radius.

HoopsDawg
12-21-2015, 09:08 PM

Yeah, I called TCU in a thread that was deleted for some reason. I guess elitedawgs is trying to "control the message". LOL.

ShotgunDawg
12-21-2015, 09:10 PM
Christmas will be great... No way I let our football staff's recruiting determine that. It'd be a sad thanksgiving, Christmas, and Valentine's Day

And this is why we don't win. Losing destroys Alabama, Ole Miss, and Auburn fan's holidays. It's all they can think about.

We care but not as much as them. We don't deserve it

HoopsDawg
12-21-2015, 09:12 PM
And this is why we don't win. Losing destroys Alabama, Ole Miss, and Auburn fan's holidays. It's all they can think about.

Interesting, we suck at recruiting bc MState7 has perspective.

msstate7
12-21-2015, 09:12 PM

So you think losing this kid to tcu should ruin my Christmas? If that's the level of caring from me that state needs to win, oh well...

MafiaDawg
12-21-2015, 09:15 PM
We have got to hire some coaches who can close. We have too many liabilities.

somebodyshotmypaw
12-21-2015, 09:20 PM

If losing a wideout destroys the celebration of the birth of our Savior, well you need to prioritize.

maroonmania
12-21-2015, 09:21 PM
So you think losing this kid to tcu should ruin my Christmas? If that's the level of caring from me that state needs to win, oh well...

Yea, I love college football and specifically MSU football but am starting to truly despise the whole slimy, disgusting world of college football recruiting. There's always been some level of "incentives" in recruiting but seems since the NCAA has been turned totally impotent its really become the Wild West where anything goes. Even though back then there was primarily selective enforcement against schools like us at least it gave everyone pause that there could be consequences to going too far.

HoopsDawg
12-21-2015, 09:21 PM

We actually close pretty well. Recruiting is about relationships and we aren't as good at building relationships as we should be. It's why we've already lost 3 early enrollees we could have signed if we worked harder: Sullivan, Broussard, and Calhoun.

Coach34
12-21-2015, 09:22 PM
We are a laughing stock.

Our alumni had two weeks to finish this off and did nothing. We seriously, in no way deserve to win the West. We simply aren't committed enough.

Schools that are committed get players that have extreme interest their program.

Unless something has changed in the last few hours- our guys think he is a Dawg

Dawg61
12-21-2015, 09:22 PM

1. Thank you for changing your avatar 2. You're a douchebag if you let losing a recruit to TCU spoil your Christmas.

thedawg
12-21-2015, 09:28 PM
We are a laughing stock.

Lol our staff did their part.. Then the dead period started.. In ******* last conversation with the kid he told him he was coming.. Whose job is it to close it out during the dead period? Just saying

smootness
"What's wrong, Shotgun? Everyone's happy, we're giving and getting gifts, and you've just been sitting over here pissed off and punting the dog."

"STEPHEN SULLIVAN UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

somebodyshotmypaw

I like our chances and I want the guy. If we do lose him, there are other playmakers out there.

msstate7
12-21-2015, 09:30 PM
I like our chances and I want the guy. If we do lose him, there are other playmakers out there.

Couch and aj are now vital, if they weren't already

Homedawg
12-21-2015, 09:30 PM
We are a laughing stock.

I typically like your posts. But this is about typical bs, OUR ALuMNi? So wtf are you doing about it? I'm not paying anyone, my money is too precious, but I'm not bitching about others not doing it either. Don't complain if you aren't ponying up too. That sucks.

smootness
12-21-2015, 09:34 PM
Hey, Shotgun does his part. I heard he gave Henig a couple Hamiltons.

ILOATHEBears
12-21-2015, 09:37 PM

Staying closer so family can see him play. Unless coaches activate their burner phones and get him back in the boat this ship has sailed.

thedawg
12-21-2015, 09:39 PM
Staying closer so family can see him play. Unless coaches activate their burner phones and get him back in the boat this ship has sailed.

Um again.. Do u think hugh has burner phones or do u think other people handle it? Don't bitch about it unless ur ready to change it.. It's the dead period our coaches absolutely should not call this kid

ILOATHEBears
12-21-2015, 09:45 PM
Um again.. Do u think hugh has burner phones or do u think other people handle it? Don't bitch about it unless ur ready to change it.. It's the dead period our coaches absolutely should not call this kid

What about my post came across as bitching? Coaches all talk with kids during the dead period. What rock do u live under

Jack Lambert
12-21-2015, 10:01 PM

Sorry shot gun but making sure my kids have food and enjoying Christmas is way more important then Miss State Football and if you are correct that just another reason to feel sorry for those SOB's at Bama, Auburn and Ole Miss. By the way State has beaten Auburn and Arkansas two years in a roll. Something Ole Miss can't say.

maroonmania
12-21-2015, 10:01 PM

Seems to be kind of a cop out. He is apparently not that close with his family and doesn't even live with family now.

msstate7
12-21-2015, 10:04 PM
Seems to be kind of a cop out. He is apparently not that close with his family and doesn't even live with family now.

His reasoning really doesn't matter. We got beat for a kid again. Got to start getting some of these big recruits out of state

ShotgunDawg
12-21-2015, 10:08 PM
Fellas, I agree with you guys. I won't let it ruin my Christmas either, but for many Alabama, Ole Miss, & Auburn fans, stuff like this ruins their Christmas. And, it's that level of fanatic that distorts your reality & priorities into going the extra mile to win.

My post wasn't a negative about MSU, but other schools still have more committed & fanatical alumni that find their identity in the success of the football team.

Didn't mean to call anyone out in particular, just used the original post to make a point.

Losing recruits made guys like Logan Young not enjoy Christmas. Just an example

maroonmania
12-21-2015, 10:10 PM

Well apparently something has changed for our own recruiting guys to be flipping their prediction.

ShotgunDawg
12-21-2015, 10:13 PM
Well apparently something has changed for our own recruiting guys to be flipping their prediction.

Funny how things usually HAPPEN that are not in our favor. Other schools care more. It's that simple

fader2103
12-21-2015, 10:14 PM
If losing a wideout destroys the celebration of the birth of our Savior, well you need to prioritize.
AMEN

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-21-2015, 10:22 PM
i had been away a few days....??

THE Bruce Dickinson
12-21-2015, 10:25 PM
I feel pretty confident he will win the heisman if he goes to TCU and we will talk about how we were his second choice

HoopsDawg
12-21-2015, 10:57 PM
Funny how things usually HAPPEN that are not in our favor. Other schools care more. It's that simple

It's really about the coaching staffs and approach. Not as much about fans caring.

DancingRabbit
12-21-2015, 11:23 PM
Lol our staff did their part.. Then the dead period started.. In ******* last conversation with the kid he told him he was coming.. Whose job is it to close it out during the dead period? Just saying

There seems to be some confusion about what the dead period means. Face-to-face is a no-no, but phone calls and texts are OK. I may be wrong, but I think it's 1 phone call TO the recruit per day, unlimited texts, and unlimited call FROM the recruit to the coach.

GreenheadDawg
12-21-2015, 11:34 PM
Rinse and repeat. Don't know why you guys act shocked when we get beat out for a recruit

ScottH
12-21-2015, 11:35 PM
It's really about the coaching staffs and approach..
I have to agree.
Quick look at 247 Top 50 tells the story....(My ranking numbers may be off 1 here or there)
MSU visits from #8 and #35
UM visits from #1,2,5, 9, 17,33,35,41 commits #2,5 leans #41
They had connections to Kimchee and Treadwell. No apparent connects here other than hiring brother.

maroonmania
12-22-2015, 12:13 AM
There seems to be some confusion about what the dead period means. Face-to-face is a no-no, but phone calls and texts are OK. I may be wrong, but I think it's 1 phone call TO the recruit per day, unlimited texts, and unlimited call FROM the recruit to the coach.

Believe there was a time when the recruit had to initiate the contact even with phone calls and texts during the dead period but now I think the only thing not allowed is meeting in person.

ScoobaDawg
12-22-2015, 12:26 AM

Close. One per week from the Staff.

ScoobaDawg
12-22-2015, 12:28 AM
Believe there was a time when the recruit had to initiate the contact even with phone calls and texts during the dead period but now I think the only thing not allowed is meeting in person.

Not correct. Dead period is still only allowed one phone call per week. In person meeting, evaluations, even speaking at a banquet...is not allowed/

PassInterference
12-22-2015, 01:27 AM
Dead week should not be in our vocabulary. There are enough holes in dead week policy to fill the Mississippi River twice.

Todd4State
12-22-2015, 01:37 AM
Fellas, I agree with you guys. I won't let it ruin my Christmas either, but for many Alabama, Ole Miss, & Auburn fans, stuff like this ruins their Christmas. And, it's that level of fanatic that distorts your reality & priorities into going the extra mile to win.

My post wasn't a negative about MSU, but other schools still have more committed & fanatical alumni that find their identity in the success of the football team.

Didn't mean to call anyone out in particular, just used the original post to make a point.

Losing recruits made guys like Logan Young not enjoy Christmas. Just an example

I get what you are saying and I agree with you. It's like our fans are afraid to care or look like they care sometimes.

We need some fans/big time boosters that are willing to go all out for football like we do for basketball.

And not referring to this situation in particular but in general- our recruiting is starting to become what is holding us back. Most SEC coaching staffs wouldn't put up with what Hevesy has put together as an o-line or his laziness. I heard an interview with him and he talked about our o-line problems and how we didn't really have a leader and how we didn't have a great offseason in the weight room. My question was "well where the hell were you and why didn't you do anything about it?" Until we get big time boosters that demand that coaches like him and McCorvey step it up or hit the road, we're going to have problems.

This is a lot easier fix than a lot of our fans realize. It doesn't even really require massive across the board changes or anything like that.

We have too many fans that "well I remember what it was like in 1989, so I'm happy with 8-4 I don't care that we lost the Egg Bowl". If we settle for that, that's what we're going to be. If we strive for more- and I don't see why we shouldn't- I think we can go beyond that.

And as far as Sullivan- Paul to me sounded more unsure than anything. He might be taking the safe route and if it works out in our favor then great and if not, well he warned us. At least that's how I took it, and of course all freaking out began. We'll see what happens with it and then analyze everything in February. I still stand by my statement that we will finish strong in recruiting though.

Todd4State
12-22-2015, 01:38 AM
Dead week should not be in our vocabulary. There are enough holes in dead week policy to fill the Mississippi River twice.

I like that!

NCDawg
12-22-2015, 02:12 AM

Maybe that guy you show in the picture under your name might have something to do with it.

1MidsouthDawg
12-22-2015, 07:48 AM

REALLY, we go to 6 straight bowl games and worst record current staff has is 5-7, with a bad QB decision on goal line, and that's what we need.
I think some are missing the forest for the trees.

Go DAWGs and HAILSTATE!!!

PMDawg
12-22-2015, 11:13 AM

You have mental problems.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
12-22-2015, 11:34 AM
And as far as Sullivan- Paul to me sounded more unsure than anything. He might be taking the safe route and if it works out in our favor then great and if not, well he warned us.
No offense to Paul, but you could pay me $100 a year and I could provide the same info. That is a general answer without a prediction and part of the reason I left the pay sites.

maroonmania
12-22-2015, 12:29 PM
And as far as Sullivan- Paul to me sounded more unsure than anything. He might be taking the safe route and if it works out in our favor then great and if not, well he warned us. At least that's how I took it, and of course all freaking out began. We'll see what happens with it and then analyze everything in February. I still stand by my statement that we will finish strong in recruiting though.

If he just doesn't know and is somewhat unsure I'm not sure why he would bother to go to the trouble to flip the CB prediction. Although I will say from past experience that if we don't KNOW we are getting a player then we aren't getting that player.