PDA

View Full Version : Barret Sallee apologizes ....

FISHDAWG
12-21-2015, 05:28 PM
this is a copy of an article on BR (I know - I know) ... he admitted he got it wrong and I just wanted to post it .........................

" Consider this an apology to Mississippi State head coach Dan Mullen.

I was wrong.

In the video above, I picked Mississippi State to go 6-6 and lose to every SEC West opponent it would face. Instead, the Bulldogs beat two divisional foes (Auburn and Arkansas), posted an 8-4 record, discovered another weapon outside in Fred Ross and produced the second-best red-zone defense in the SEC (39.53 percent of opponents' trips through the red zone resulted in touchdowns).

It's going to be a challenge again for Mullen, because star quarterback Dak Prescott won't be walking through that door for fall camp. But the floor of the Mississippi State program has been raised to a point where seven- or eight-win seasons are the expectation, regardless of personnel."

TWEET
131 COMMENTS

Rayburn8
12-21-2015, 05:30 PM
I've slowly begun to like him over time. Say what you will about him. He usually owns up to it when he is wrong. I can respect that.

CadaverDawg
12-21-2015, 05:33 PM
Yea, he's just trying to get clicks. He's not all that bad. He can be a major smart ass, but I'm sure u get that way when dealing with 14 angry rabid fan bases

FISHDAWG
12-21-2015, 05:35 PM
I've slowly begun to like him over time. Say what you will about him. He usually owns up to it when he is wrong. I can respect that.

this was an excerpt of an article where he is reviewing the pre-season hype and prognostications against the actual results - not a bad read

FISHDAWG
12-21-2015, 05:44 PM
thread hi-jack because I didn't want to start another thread with such mundane info as this :

Missouri: Former USC defensive line coach Chris Wilson has accepted the same position at Missouri, according to Sports Illustrated?s Thayer Evans. Wilson spent the past two years at USC after one year at Georgia. Other stops in his career include Mississippi State, Oklahoma, Colorado and more. Keep track of new FBS staffs here.

Political Hack
12-21-2015, 05:49 PM
thread hi-jack because I didn't want to start another thread with such mundane info as this :

Missouri: Former USC defensive line coach Chris Wilson has accepted the same position at Missouri, according to Sports Illustrated?s Thayer Evans. Wilson spent the past two years at USC after one year at Georgia. Other stops in his career include Mississippi State, Oklahoma, Colorado and more. Keep track of new FBS staffs here.

I'm not sure his coaching antics are what a university embroiled in controversy are really looking for, but to each their own.

Coach34
12-21-2015, 08:41 PM
Barrett Sally has been wrong about us for 5 years in a row- bout time he cried Uncle

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
12-21-2015, 08:50 PM
I'm not sure his coaching antics are what a university embroiled in controversy are really looking for, but to each their own.

Was he the dog cusser?

klong-dog
12-21-2015, 08:51 PM
And he'll call for us to be 5-7 next year. Rinse and repeat.

Jack Lambert
12-21-2015, 10:05 PM
And he'll call for us to be 5-7 next year. Rinse and repeat.

He did say this. It's another way of saying face with out having to say face.

["It's going to be a challenge again for Mullen, because star quarterback Dak Prescott won't be walking through that door for fall camp. "]

smootness
12-21-2015, 10:12 PM

["It's going to be a challenge again for Mullen, because star quarterback Dak Prescott won't be walking through that door for fall camp. "]

Yeah, but right after that he said our new floor is 7-8 wins. So I'd imagine he'll pick us to win at least 7.

sandwolf
12-21-2015, 11:41 PM

What coaching antics?

Saltydog
12-22-2015, 10:15 AM
along the lines, "I wasn't the only one picking them last, yada, yada"..........

Tbonewannabe
12-22-2015, 10:24 AM

Dak being as great is the reason we won 8 games. Take off your maroon glasses, new QB with very little experience and a shitty Oline with probably Shump as the starter senior RB. Fred Ross returning but Bear probably gone. If we get to 6 wins without Drastic Oline improvement everyone will be surprised.

Political Hack
12-22-2015, 10:46 AM
What coaching antics?

Yelling stuff like "I'll f your mother and make you watch" in front of everyone at a player because he messed up during the middle of practice isn't my cup of tea. It's actually a pretty lazy motivational technique that's more likely to backfire than work. Recruits love him. Players don't.

sandwolf
12-22-2015, 02:13 PM
Yelling stuff like "I'll f your mother and make you watch" in front of everyone at a player because he messed up during the middle of practice isn't my cup of tea. It's actually a pretty lazy motivational technique that's more likely to backfire than work. Recruits love him. Players don't.

Jesus.....first time I have heard that. Yea, that wouldn't fly with me either.