committed to OM (#2 offensive tackle in the country). He had committed
to Bama last spring and had no ties to OM. So, here is what I was
told....OM paid him to visit and paid him more not to visit other
schools. Was paid a total of $200,000.... plus if he signs with OM he
will receive $4,000 per month.

smootness
12-21-2015, 05:10 PM
Sure, it could be true.

Also, nothing will ever come of it even if it is, so who really cares.

CadaverDawg
12-21-2015, 05:13 PM
Tell this person to anonymously send you details of each transaction, and that you will anonymously give it to the NCAA. Otherwise, rinse/repeat

GreenheadDawg
12-21-2015, 05:15 PM
They could pay him 100 million and it wouldn't make a shit. They can do whatever they want to do and nobody is gonna do shit about it. We all just need to accept that. They basically pecker slap the NCAA across the forehead and they just ask for more

maroonmania
12-21-2015, 05:15 PM
Sure, it could be true.

Also, nothing will ever come of it even if it is, so who really cares.

Even if it is true OM would just stick their middle finger at Saban and dare him to do anything about it. Not even this supposed NCAA investigation has done anything to slow down the OM network's recruiting machine so they are full steam ahead and telling the NCAA to shove it.

Coach34
12-21-2015, 05:21 PM
That's very close to what they offered Simmons

Dawg61
12-21-2015, 05:21 PM
$20,000 I'd believe. $200,000 I don't believe. OM cheats like non other though.

OdaMaeBrown
12-21-2015, 05:22 PM
Could this be true?

Someone sent this to me:

Saban and his
staff are mad as hell about the offensive lineman from Texas that

Bama is the only team that i can think of that has actually been proven to have paid $150k for a player and that was 15 yrs ago. With inflation, what must they be paying now. OM can only afford to pay a couple of guys per year that much. Bama has the money to buy them all. Then they get pissed when they don't get one? Screw them.

CadaverDawg
12-21-2015, 05:23 PM

May wanna reconsider throwing that name in there. Since we're crootin him and all. Ha

basedog
12-21-2015, 05:24 PM
Clint, are you from Smithdale?

CadaverDawg
12-21-2015, 05:25 PM
Clint, are you from Smithdale?

Who's asking?

BeardoMSU
12-21-2015, 05:28 PM
I call BS on the 200 large, but even if it was less, so the **** what. Nothing will come from this. As someone said earlier: rinse/repeat.

basedog
12-21-2015, 05:28 PM
I saw your avatar on someone I know and said y'all were friends? No big deal but you are the only Clint I know that has that picture. Someone in a hunting club I'm belong to.

CadaverDawg
12-21-2015, 05:30 PM
I call BS on the 200 large, but even if it was less, so the **** what. Nothing will come from this. As someone said earlier: rinse/repeat.

That figure often makes people doubt....but it's extremely common

CadaverDawg
12-21-2015, 05:31 PM
I saw your avatar on someone I know and said y'all were friends? No big deal but you are the only Clint I know that has that picture. Someone in a hunting club I'm belong to.

Check your PM's in a few

BossDawg
12-21-2015, 05:35 PM
If they are in fact the doing that, I don't see how they can get away with it very long. If I was a betting man though, I'd bet the farm that it's true, perhaps exaggerated a little, but true nonetheless.

I'd donate a testicle if it ensured the NCAA would go in dry on their pretentious asses.

EAVdog
12-21-2015, 05:43 PM
First thing: everyone cheats. Remember that.

Second those aren't that outlandish of numbers but maybe for the position it is? We all remember Cecil asking for 180k, that number didn't just come out of nowhere, there is a market for everything and the market sets the price. (Why didn't we just pay!!!!)

Third: it isn't free to move your entire family from say somewhere like Florida to Oxford, MS and rent a nice house. 4K a month would probably cover living expenses for a family.

This could be applied to a number of schools for the record. But Ole Miss needs to keep a close eye out on their trees.

Political Hack
12-21-2015, 05:46 PM
$20,000 I'd believe. $200,000 I don't believe. OM cheats like non other though.

You'd better believe it. Things are reaching heights I'd never have dreamed of. Cam Newton has reestablished the market price.

AROB44
12-21-2015, 05:49 PM
I know everyone thinks nothing will happen to OM and I tend to feel the same. But, the investigation is not done quickly.....hell, they spent 2 years on us and Jackie. So, I haven't completely given up....at some point the NCAA will finish and then issues their report. I will just wait....and hope.

Jarius
12-21-2015, 05:50 PM
It's time we stopped bitching about them cheating and do it ourselves (like we are obviously
Doin g in basketball, which is the dirtiest recruiting game in college athletics). Of course it's not my money

defiantdog
12-21-2015, 05:50 PM
Could this be true?

Someone sent this to me:

Saban and his

Bama can out bid OM If they wanted. I don't see Saban being pissed because Bama typically processes players that beg for attention and money no matter the star rating.

RIdog
12-21-2015, 06:24 PM
Could this be true?

Someone sent this to me:

Saban and his

He was never publicly , at least , committed to Bama - he WAS committed to Texas A&M though .

Coach34
12-21-2015, 06:27 PM
I call BS on the 200 large,

why? Bama went on probation 20 years ago for that much to a defensive lineman

Coach34
12-21-2015, 06:30 PM
You'd better believe it. Things are reaching heights I'd never have dreamed of. Cam Newton has reestablished the market price.

Exactly. When we tell people to "pony up"- this is why. OM spent between 1MM to 1.5MM on that 2013 class. Gonna cost them that much again on this one. People doubting these numbers have no clue. 25K to commit is the going rate today for bigtime guys

maroonmania
12-21-2015, 06:32 PM
First thing: everyone cheats. Remember that.

Second those aren't that outlandish of numbers but maybe for the position it is? We all remember Cecil asking for 180k, that number didn't just come out of nowhere, there is a market for everything and the market sets the price. (Why didn't we just pay!!!!)

Third: it isn't free to move your entire family from say somewhere like Florida to Oxford, MS and rent a nice house. 4K a month would probably cover living expenses for a family.

This could be applied to a number of schools for the record. But Ole Miss needs to keep a close eye out on their trees.

You are trying to reel in the highest ranked OT in the COUNTRY. Heck yea I'd believe 200K. That's not far fetched at all. 20K for an OT with that rating would certainly be lowballing. Behind QB there are not many positions on the football field more valuable than LT.

Dawg61
12-21-2015, 06:33 PM

Cam Newton is a can't miss though. There has to be a ceiling for the investment. I don't think offensive lineman warrant that. What's Leonard Fournette and Todd Gurley getting? $2 mill? College football and basketball need to just break away and be minor leagues at this point. It's just ****ing retarded to have grown men sneaking around and paying dudes $200,000 to get signatures.

PassInterference
12-21-2015, 06:33 PM
Let's find out how much it takes.

maroonmania
12-21-2015, 06:38 PM
Cam Newton is a can't miss though. There has to be a ceiling for the investment. I don't think offensive lineman warrant that. What's Leonard Fournette and Todd Gurley getting? $2 mill? College football and basketball need to just break away and be minor leagues at this point. It's just ****ing retarded to have grown men sneaking around and paying dudes $200,000 to get signatures.

Cam Newton was a guy that had not done much while at Florida (granted he was just a FR though) with a run in with campus police for theft coming out of a JUCO. NOBODY thought Cam Newton was what he turned out to be at Auburn. Very good prospect but far from a can't miss at the time.

Percho
12-21-2015, 06:38 PM
Bama is the only team that i can think of that has actually been proven to have paid $150k for a player and that was 15 yrs ago. With inflation, what must they be paying now. OM can only afford to pay a couple of guys per year that much. Bama has the money to buy them all. Then they get pissed when they don't get one? Screw them.

I think folks spent jail time for that, correct me if I'm wrong.

CadaverDawg
12-21-2015, 06:39 PM
Watch our game film vs Alabama this year, and you'll stop questioning the sanity of giving $200k to an elite OL recruit

RIdog
12-21-2015, 06:40 PM
Let's find out how much it takes.

Agree 100% ! I'd love to start hiring _ err signing some 5 star OL . Sigh .

ShotgunDawg
12-21-2015, 06:41 PM
OM spent between 1MM to 1.5MM on that 2013 class. Gonna cost them that much again on this one. People doubting these numbers have no clue. 25K to commit is the going rate today for bigtime guys

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/58388538.jpg

Coach34

There was a top defensive recruit in last year's recruiting cycle that got 25K to commit to a school. Then turned around and signed with another school on signing day.

200K total is routine today

Dawg61
Watch our game film vs Alabama this year, and you'll stop questioning the sanity of giving $200k to an elite OL recruit

It's the under the table way everyone goes about it I question.

ShotgunDawg
12-21-2015, 06:42 PM

There's no doubt about this.

I would love to have a conversation with an NCAA employee & just ask them if they have any clue what's going on

Coach34
12-21-2015, 06:43 PM
Cam Newton was a guy that had not done much while at Florida (granted he was just a FR though) with a run in with campus police for theft coming out of a JUCO. NOBODY thought Cam Newton was what he turned out to be at Auburn. Very good prospect but far from a can't miss at the time.

Exactly. We had fans claiming Newton couldnt beat out Tyler Russell

Dawg61
12-21-2015, 06:45 PM

He led Blynn to a national title and he had ridiculous numbers doing it. He was very well known as a can't miss.

dawgoneyall
12-21-2015, 06:49 PM
It was over a mill and close to 1.5 mill. Anyone doubting that is clueless.

MarketingBully
12-21-2015, 06:49 PM
Exactly. We had fans claiming Newton couldnt beat out Tyler Russell

I remember that as stupid as that was. We win the NC and have a Heisman trophy winner if Cam had gone to State. It's scary how similar Auburn and our team was that year with the only difference is they had Cam and we didn't.

Bothrops
12-21-2015, 06:50 PM
No way 200k. 20 or even 40, I could see. Which is a lot for a kid.

RougeDawg
12-21-2015, 06:53 PM
Bears spent over half a mil on just 3 players in 2013 for commits and signatures. Plus a monthly stipend while on campus. They are paying more than the average going rate because of their past and lack of history in football tradition. They have to really up the anti to steal players from the Bama's and LSU's of the world. They have the worst ROI in collegiate football history.

AlSwearengen
12-21-2015, 06:55 PM

Is all of this money coming from the "forward rebels" money drive they had a few years ago?

Coach34
12-21-2015, 06:58 PM

And this is why our recruiting is like it is.

Coach34
12-21-2015, 07:01 PM
Is all of this money coming from the "forward rebels" money drive they had a few years ago?

No idea- but I know people donate to the fund every year and a select few distribute. One thing you have to admire is the organization of #TheNetwork

ILOATHEBears
12-21-2015, 07:04 PM
[QUOTE=AlSwearengen;473455]Is all of this money coming from the "forward rebels" money drive they had a few years ago?[/QUOT

They have bank accounts full of cash that are monitored by their ilk. They open a safety deposit box at local bank where said croot is from and they are given a key. No trace of where cash comes from. When mamma needs some cash to pay the bills she can go get it. They set aside 1-1.5 mill a year to lure 5-6 guys they desparately want

turkish
12-21-2015, 07:04 PM
What I'm inferring from this thread is that UNM is beating folks at the same game everyone else is playing. IOW, nothing is gonna happen to them. We lose again.

Coach34
12-21-2015, 07:06 PM

Hell, ask CoastGeezer or Shannondawg how much Stands spent for Monta Ellis' signature.....they likely wont say- but it was a helluva lot more than 40K

BHildreth3
12-21-2015, 07:08 PM
Big time SEC ball has turned into an NFL type situation. Left Tackles in the NFL are worth millions and that's what it has come down to for these big time players. It's insane.

Blackout
12-21-2015, 07:16 PM
And this is why our recruiting is like it is.

Exactly. The "Virginia Slims" offer 20,000 thinking they so wily and cunning.

Once again, the cigar boys around the South laugh their asses off at ours. We're the equivalent of a fraternity without a house.

maroonmania
12-21-2015, 07:21 PM
What I'm inferring from this thread is that UNM is beating folks at the same game everyone else is playing. IOW, nothing is gonna happen to them. We lose again.

Yes, everyone is playing the game at some level but not at the level UNM is currently playing it at. And not every program has the NCAA sniffing up their butt checking out everything like UNM currently does. Other schools don't turn you in if you are playing the game at the expected levels. That being said, I still don't believe anything to happen to them. They've skated on everything since the Billy Brewer days so why should anything change now?

Homedawg
12-21-2015, 07:28 PM

I'm sorry you would be wrong. Sad but true.

Westdawg
12-21-2015, 07:42 PM
What some of you don't realize is that top flight schools were paying 25-50k twenty years ago for top end talent to commit and sign, plus benefits once on campus monthly.
We are so woefully behind its not funny. Our friends of the program are just now starting to understand this, while others lead the pack

bulldawg28
12-21-2015, 07:44 PM
Hell, ask CoastGeezer or Shannondawg how much Stands spent for Monta Ellis' signature.....they likely wont say- but it was a helluva lot more than 40K

Lol....You want to know how much Malik cost?

ShotgunDawg
12-21-2015, 07:46 PM
So, what's the answer here?

If we start paying what Ole Miss is, don't we just cause an inflation in the market?

If the going rate for a LT is $200,000 and we pay 210,000 to get the guy, doesn't that mean Alabama or Ole Miss will just pay $220,000 and the price will go up?

or, are there just so few teams in college football, that are willing to pay the market rate, that if we pay the market rate, we will drastically start recruiting better?

BossDawg
12-21-2015, 07:46 PM
[QUOTE=AlSwearengen;473455]Is all of this money coming from the "forward rebels" money drive they had a few years ago?[/QUOT

They have bank accounts full of cash that are monitored by their ilk. They open a safety deposit box at local bank where said croot is from and they are given a key. No trace of where cash comes from. When mamma needs some cash to pay the bills she can go get it. They set aside 1-1.5 mill a year to lure 5-6 guys they desparately want

What I don't understand is how so many people know exactly how they do things but no evidence can be gathered. There has to be a way to shut their shenanigans down or slow it. Get in there and terrorize their network or something at least.

Coach34
12-21-2015, 07:51 PM
What some of you don't realize is that top flight schools were paying 25-50k twenty years ago for top end talent to commit and sign, plus benefits once on campus monthly.
We are so woefully behind its not funny. Our friends of the program are just now starting to understand this, while others lead the pack

I know. Its like our fans dont watch these specials on Da U or on SMU and put 2 + 2 together. These were the schools that were just so brazen about it that they got caught. Do people really think Albert Means was the 1st and only DL player that Bama ever paid 200K to? Why did they just suddenly decide to spend so much on Means if none of this other stuff is true??? And that was 20 years ago

AlSwearengen
12-21-2015, 07:51 PM

I think it is safe to say that olemiss is outbidding everyone else. Tunsil didn't go to olemiss because he liked them more than Georgia or he wanted to play with nkemdiche.

Why would treadwell go to olemiss when they had zero to show him as far as what their offense was going to be like and how successful they would be getting him the ball?

sorrydog
12-21-2015, 08:07 PM
There's no way we would have won a championship that year with Cam, ya'll have forgotten our "Seniority Rule."

Dawgowar
12-21-2015, 08:20 PM
The NCAA downgraded academic fraud to improper inducements in the UNC case. Mind you 3000 students, 1500 of which were athletes, got credit for a course with that did not exist, did not have tests, and that the department head did not know about - for multiple years. This is not considered Academic Fraud by the NCAA. They have not even completed the hearing on the Notice of Allegations from last spring. This TSUN crap is the long march. They know that. Why not cheat if you were them? Think of the winning legacy you can establish before the wrist slap. Can't undo the wins or the recruiting kudos.

bulldawg28
12-21-2015, 08:23 PM
There's no way we would have won a championship that year with Cam, ya'll have forgotten our "Seniority Rule."

You serious doc?

maroonmania
12-21-2015, 08:29 PM
I think it is safe to say that olemiss is outbidding everyone else. Tunsil didn't go to olemiss because he liked them more than Georgia or he wanted to play with nkemdiche.

Why would treadwell go to olemiss when they had zero to show him as far as what their offense was going to be like and how successful they would be getting him the ball?

No doubt UNM has to be paying well above market. They have to be in order to get some of these out of state elite recruits they are hauling in. Does anyone really think that guys like Treadwell, Tunsil, Little, RobertK etc. grew up dreaming of playing on the Plantation?

BossDawg
12-21-2015, 08:40 PM
No doubt UNM has to be paying well above market. They have to be in order to get some of these out of state elite recruits they are hauling in. Does anyone really think that guys like Treadwell, Tunsil, Little, RobertK etc. grew up dreaming of playing on the Plantation?

Not a chance, and I don't think Tunsil even visited UMiss before committing did he? That or he only visited once.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
12-21-2015, 08:41 PM
I remember that as stupid as that was. We win the NC and have a Heisman trophy winner if Cam had gone to State. It's scary how similar Auburn and our team was that year with the only difference is they had Cam and we didn't.

You're right on your assessment of MSU and Auburn that year. But If we would have come close to the NC game that year, we'd just now be coming off probation. No way Auburn or Tennessee would let MSU go that far with Scam and not suffer for it. Now if Bama or someone else would have done it nothing would have been said but this wouldn't have been the case for the maroon and white. You can bet the big boys would have put us in our place and the NCAA would have been more than glad to see that it got done.

I only mention Tennessee because they were the ones that initiated the pay for play with the Newtons. Bama didn't recruit Scam, just referenced Bama to make a point.

As for Cam being a can't miss recruit, Absolutely he was a Can't Miss Recruit....if you knew and saw what he did in high school - you knew. Then if you saw what he did at Blinn - you really knew.

Dawgcentral
12-21-2015, 08:47 PM
The Albert Means deal was going to bring $250,000 to his coach. No telling what benefits would be extended to Means himself, and that was years ago.

Bama paid a price for that. The $ figure was outstanding at the time, so I can imagine that being the going rate these days. Newton's preacher daddy wanted $180,000 for 1-2 years as a rented mule.

If Saban was Steve Spurrier he'd call Freeze out on this extravagance, and heads might finally role.

Blackout
12-21-2015, 08:48 PM
If we actually had any cunning cutthroat people not the sissy Jeb Bush losers we would have a croot and/or parents wear a wire and expose it.

Get a handful like those Planned Parenthood videos and release one a week. Get ESPN and everyone else ready for the next shoe to drop.

But no, we are the Jeb Bush loser class Virgina Slims and will be kept in our rightful place until that changes. Hell weakness and incompetence is a virus through the whole football program from the money people to the game plans. ****ing Bracky Brett scares everyone like Mullen gets scared of Freeze and Saban.

I'm so sick of this loser bullshit.

shannondawg
12-21-2015, 08:50 PM
I wouldn't contribute shit, without it being tax deductible. I just wonder how they raise that much cash, there has to be a paper trail somewhere, They identify the contributors and I guarantee there would be one. However, the NCAA doesn't have the power to do that kind of investigation.

maroonmania
12-21-2015, 08:57 PM
I wouldn't contribute shit, without it being tax deductible. I just wonder how they raise that much cash, there has to be a paper trail somewhere, They identify the contributors and I guarantee there would be one. However, the NCAA doesn't have the power to do that kind of investigation.

Yes, there is certainly some type of money/paper trail but the NCAA doesn't have the subpoena power to get to the records to track it down. Remember the whole big issue when the NCAA was trying to get the Sidney's family bank records and they wouldn't give them over.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
12-21-2015, 09:05 PM
Not a chance, and I don't think Tunsil even visited UMiss before committing did he? That or he only visited once.

Tunsil never visited Mississppi.....the day Tunsil signed he was asked where Mississippi came from, you never mentioned them until 3 weeks ago. Did you get a chance to take a visit to campus? Remember him replying to the question something like this, No, I didn't visit but got to know and build a real strong relationship with Coach Kiffin over the phone and on Facebook. He's gotten to be good friends with me and my girlfriend on Facebook. That guy's a trip!

Give me a Fing break......They don't show up until 3 weeks before signing day, you don't take a visit to campus, been recruited by UGA/Bama for well over a year...maybe closer to two years with UGA and you're taking your ass to Oxford, MS??? Why can't I Fing work for the NCAA??? Don't want to retire from there, give me just long enough to pull a Sherman on their ass.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
12-21-2015, 09:06 PM

Tunsil never visited Mississppi.....the day Tunsil signed he was asked where Mississippi came from, you never mentioned them until 3 weeks ago. Did you get a chance to take a visit to campus? Remember him replying to the question something like this, No, I didn't visit but got to know and build a real strong relationship with Coach Kiffin over the phone and on Facebook. He's gotten to be good friends with me and my girlfriend on Facebook. That guy's a trip!

Give me a Fing break......They don't show up until 3 weeks before signing day, you don't take a visit to campus, been recruited by UGA/Bama for well over a year...maybe closer to two years with UGA and you're taking your ass to Oxford, MS??? Why can't I Fing work for the NCAA??? Don't want to retire from there, give me just long enough to pull a Sherman on their ass.

Bass Chaser
12-21-2015, 09:27 PM
Back to the original post, I'm not buying Saban is pissed. Hell they've got the #1 OT and Cam Robinson is back next year.

Spiderman
12-21-2015, 10:00 PM

Alcoholic and drug addicted tobacco and ambulance chasing lawyers have the money and the judge bribing history to buy what they want.

PassInterference
12-21-2015, 10:20 PM

I wonder Forward Rebels is a non profit that can take tax deductible contributions.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-21-2015, 10:25 PM
Massie...part 2

MabenMaroon
12-21-2015, 10:28 PM
If myself or somebody I knew had any kind of concrete info that could hurt UNM, Bama or anybody else on the cheating end of this scene, I would not bother with the bunch of weenie, diaper clad, fresh out of on-line law school wannabe attorneys and investigators at the NCAA. I would push the info to the IRS, the Justice Department and the Department of Homeland Security and let them do with it what they may. It was those type of agencies that eventually brought down Capone, Gotti and many of the other nefarious characters of our domestic history. I believe that would be good practice for one of those agency's interns, they love tracking money laundering, tax evasion and the passing off of undocumented large sums of cash. Then you wouldn't be looking at ***** NCAA probations, they would be looking at prison terms, serious fines and the loss of professional licenses and permits. That would be the kind of action I would like to see come down. ( we are allowed to dream aren't we? ... or maybe there might be something to the idea )

EnterpriseDawg
12-21-2015, 10:31 PM
Do we even have the donors to play the game?

Westdawg
12-21-2015, 10:54 PM
I know. Its like our fans dont watch these specials on Da U or on SMU and put 2 + 2 together. These were the schools that were just so brazen about it that they got caught. Do people really think Albert Means was the 1st and only DL player that Bama ever paid 200K to? Why did they just suddenly decide to spend so much on Means if none of this other stuff is true??? And that was 20 years ago

Has it really been 20 years since Means was at Trezevant?? Dang, my years are starting to blur together.

lastmajordog
12-21-2015, 10:54 PM
"Back to the original post, I'm not buying Saban is pissed" If Saban keeps losing to UNM I bet he will start.

Alcoholic and drug addicted tobacco and ambulance chasing lawyers have the money and the judge bribing history to buy what they want." Truth!!

" I would push the info to the IRS, the Justice Department" Brilliant!!

RealHastings
12-21-2015, 11:58 PM
I'm sick of their bullshit. How is it possible for those 17cks to get away with this shit when noone else can? I know Bama pays players, Auburn pays players, among others; but how is it that those pieces of shit take it to a whole nother level and get away with it? IT is mutha17coming. That's all I've heard. When? I'm sick of this. There has got to be something we can do to stop those elitist, entitled pieces of shit.

War Machine Dawg
12-22-2015, 12:01 AM

Certainly a question worth asking.

Blackout
12-22-2015, 12:27 AM

The Virginia Slims

They want to think they are so sneaky and important they do the smallest thing and then feel the need to blab and gossip like they're in the 7th ****ing grade. We are so far behind everyone else it's not even funny.

The small thinking insider class we currently have cannot even comprehend what we are saying here. They are so out of touch. The Jeb Bush class, losers that just don't get it. Reminds me of the Braveheart scene where Mel is seeing the glorious big picture and the others are arguing over Longshanks scraps. Ole Miss is Longshanks. We are Braveheart. The Virginia Slims are the petty weak clan leaders.

ScoobaDawg
12-22-2015, 12:30 AM
The Virginia Slims

They want to think they are so sneaky and important they do the smallest thing and then feel the need to blab and gossip like they're in the 7th ****ing grade. We are so far behind everyone else it's not even funny.

The small thinking insider class we currently have cannot even comprehend what we are saying here. They are so out of touch. The Jeb Bush class, losers that just don't get it. Reminds me of the Braveheart scene where Mel is seeing the glorious big picture and the others are arguing over Longshanks scraps. Ole Miss is Longshanks. We are Braveheart. The Virginia Slims are the petty weak clan leaders.

You really have no idea what you are talking about as usual... and no need for any political jabs. take that crap to the political board.

shannondawg
12-22-2015, 09:38 AM
Alcoholic and drug addicted tobacco and ambulance chasing lawyers have the money and the judge bribing history to buy what they want.

Thats probably true, but I have always maintained that their network was headed up by lawyers , they have the contacts between themselves and are a tight lipped bunch to begin with. They certainly don't use individuals that play a part and then go bragging to all their friends and whoever will listen of their participation in recruiting # 1 or whoever.

Coach007
12-22-2015, 09:46 AM
Could this be true?

Someone sent this to me:

Saban and his

Saban can be as mad as he wants. Ole Miss doesn't care and saban was pissed the last time ole Miss paid for players. Nothing happened and nothing will. Saban doesn't have the power most seem to think he has.

ILOATHEBears
12-22-2015, 10:04 AM
If myself or somebody I knew had any kind of concrete info that could hurt UNM, Bama or anybody else on the cheating end of this scene, I would not bother with the bunch of weenie, diaper clad, fresh out of on-line law school wannabe attorneys and investigators at the NCAA. I would push the info to the IRS, the Justice Department and the Department of Homeland Security and let them do with it what they may. It was those type of agencies that eventually brought down Capone, Gotti and many of the other nefarious characters of our domestic history. I believe that would be good practice for one of those agency's interns, they love tracking money laundering, tax evasion and the passing off of undocumented large sums of cash. Then you wouldn't be looking at ***** NCAA probations, they would be looking at prison terms, serious fines and the loss of professional licenses and permits. That would be the kind of action I would like to see come down. ( we are allowed to dream aren't we? ... or maybe there might be something to the idea )

You actually are not far off with the Capone analogy. The Dixie Mafia is run by some previously influential Mississippians that are also tsun alum. These folks love the power trip and have the cash to sling around to get what they want.

HancockCountyDog
12-22-2015, 10:19 AM
Saban can be as mad as he wants. Ole Miss doesn't care and saban was pissed the last time ole Miss paid for players. Nothing happened and nothing will. Saban doesn't have the power most seem to think he has.

If you think Saban loses one wink of sleep over losing some HS OT that may or may not pan out, then you are off the reservation. Saban just moves on to the next five star.

Also, Little was committed to A&M not Bama, its silly if anyone actually thinks Saban, the greatest coach in college football, allows freezus to actually take up any space in his head.

Political Hack
12-22-2015, 10:39 AM
Thats probably true, but I have always maintained that their network was headed up by lawyers , they have the contacts between themselves and are a tight lipped bunch to begin with. They certainly don't use individuals that play a part and then go bragging to all their friends and whoever will listen of their participation in recruiting # 1 or whoever.

Are you suggesting that's ever happened at State?

Because as far as I know it was a PI and fat blackmailing bastard that scorched us.

scottycameron
12-22-2015, 10:40 AM
If you think Saban loses one wink of sleep over losing some HS OT that may or may not pan out, then you are off the reservation. Saban just moves on to the next five star.

Also, Little was committed to A&M not Bama, its silly if anyone actually thinks Saban, the greatest coach in college football, allows freezus to actually take up any space in his head.

you could have sold me that line 3 months ago. Not anymore. He's deep in his head now. Not b/c of recruiting b/c of the losses. It wouldn't surprise me if we see Saban lose it and panic next year, take a beating and flat melt down at the post game PC. He came close this year (waiting till after he won the next game - what a puss). I've about given up on him actually showing up to play them. Bad news is he takes it out on everybody else later, good news is OM gets so giddy about it they prompty take a couple buttkickings afterward.

**** Saban, he's useless. The only time he loses is when winning would help us, and he makes sure he brings his A+ game to face us every year. Go coach Indy. Maybe the Titans will get in your little head, be the first positive thing you've ever done for me. And that's not much of one.

scottycameron
12-22-2015, 10:42 AM

Because as far as I know it was a PI and fat blackmailing bastard that scorched us.

That, my man, was a personal shot. Below the belt too, IMO. Uncalled for on here.

PassInterference
12-22-2015, 11:01 AM
I think somebody misread something.

sandwolf
12-22-2015, 11:10 AM
That, my man, was a personal shot. Below the belt too, IMO. Uncalled for on here.

What? I am going to assume that you misunderstood his post and that you're not defending the fat guy.....

shannondawg
12-22-2015, 11:18 AM

Not my intention at all, and I was most sympathetic as to what happened to you. If thats what you were referring to.

lastmajordog
12-22-2015, 12:39 PM

That may be true in some instances.....but......barflies can have big ears. Just listen hard at the watering hole and at parties where they are gathered. You can learn a lot.

shannondawg
12-22-2015, 12:51 PM
That may be true in some instances.....but......barflies can have big ears. Just listen hard at the watering hole and at parties where they are gathered. You can learn a lot.

Probably the ones running their mouths have the least to do it, probably just repeating what their second cousin's 1st husband new wife told yada yada yada.

BossDawg
12-22-2015, 12:53 PM
and he makes sure he brings his A+ game to face us every year.

I don't think it's so much Saban bringing his A-game as it is just Mullen bringing his "oh shit we can't win this one" game. I agree that Bama certainly plays mistake free against us, but I feel like Mullen has the ability to even the field a little. He's either too stubborn to make the changes or he just hasn't figured out that part yet.

BulldogBacker
12-22-2015, 05:33 PM
Could this be true?

Someone sent this to me:

Saban and his

Does anyone besides me find the conviction and imprisonment of Dickie Scruggs a related variable in Ole Miss recruiting dip in 2009 and then his temporary release from prison to appeal his "BRIBERY" conviction to be related to the up-tic of Ole Miss recruiting with the 2013 Signing class to be related?

"In December 2012, a federal judge granted Scruggs' motion to be released from prison on bail pending his appeal of the 2009 conviction.[19] The appeal was unsuccessful and Scruggs returned to jail in April 2013 to complete his sentence.[43] Scruggs was released from jail and placed under house arrest 0n March 20, 2014. His sentence was completed on September 14, 2014.[44]"

Political Hack
12-22-2015, 05:37 PM
Not my intention at all, and I was most sympathetic as to what happened to you. If thats what you were referring to.

Gotcha. And thank you. Standing in front of a firing squad isn't fun.

defiantdog
12-22-2015, 05:52 PM
If that's how their network worked, then they'd be on probation every year. These "networks" are less people then you think. Take Bama for example. There may be a lot of boosters involved with donating money and such, but there's literally 1 guy who pulls the strings. And he's not a coach. Successful networks have no voice, only results. They don't search for the players themselves. They don't take the recruits out and show them a nice time. They talk with coaches and figure their best means to create a successful recruiting class. Then they let the caches do their job.

TUSK
12-22-2015, 06:01 PM
you could have sold me that line 3 months ago. Not anymore. He's deep in his head now. Not b/c of recruiting b/c of the losses. It wouldn't surprise me if we see Saban lose it and panic next year, take a beating and flat melt down at the post game PC. He came close this year (waiting till after he won the next game - what a puss). I've about given up on him actually showing up to play them. Bad news is he takes it out on everybody else later, good news is OM gets so giddy about it they prompty take a couple buttkickings afterward.

**** Saban, he's useless. The only time he loses is when winning would help us, and he makes sure he brings his A+ game to face us every year. Go coach Indy. Maybe the Titans will get in your little head, be the first positive thing you've ever done for me. And that's not much of one.

riiiiiiight....

I sure hope MDL can compartmentalize the obvious inferiority complex he has with Freeze and can focus on the his potential 4th National Championship in 7 years...

oh, *.

HancockCountyDog
12-22-2015, 06:06 PM
riiiiiiight....

I sure hope MDL can compartmentalize the obvious inferiority complex he has with Freeze and can focus on the his potential 4th National Championship in 7 years...

oh, *.

All day. Y'all are giving Freezus way, way too much credit.

dawg27
12-22-2015, 06:09 PM
bb
I know everyone thinks nothing will happen to OM and I tend to feel the same. But, the investigation is not done quickly.....hell, they spent 2 years on us and Jackie. So, I haven't completely given up....at some point the NCAA will finish and then issues their report. I will just wait....and hope.

I am with u i hope so but what is going to be the punishment if they get caught? Ncaa way to liberal if they it will be what one bowel ban. I think they have the mindset the benefit of getting these players far out ways the punishment.

HancockCountyDog
12-22-2015, 06:18 PM
bb

I am with u i hope so but what is going to be the punishment if they get caught? Ncaa way to liberal if they it will be what one bowel ban. I think they have the mindset the benefit of getting these players far out ways the punishment.

My guess is that they lose a few schollies, between 2-4 and they will just keep on doing what they are doing.

We better start doing the same.

dawg27
12-22-2015, 06:36 PM
My guess is that they lose a few schollies, between 2-4 and they will just keep on doing what they are doing.

We better start doing the same.

that what i am saying untill the ncaa can make the punishment hurt they going to continue to do it, i mean loose a few schollies two year bowel ban. Then they will appeal the two year it will be dropped to one. the benefit far out ways the punishment.

maroonmania
12-22-2015, 08:05 PM
that what i am saying untill the ncaa can make the punishment hurt they going to continue to do it, i mean loose a few schollies two year bowel ban. Then they will appeal the two year it will be dropped to one. the benefit far out ways the punishment.

I don't know, a bowel ban sounds like a punishment that could indeed REALLY hurt. Ouch.

pilldawg
12-22-2015, 10:12 PM

That is what the casual fan would see, but the actual coaches that evaluate players knew he was a can't miss prospect.

Political Hack
12-22-2015, 10:14 PM
Can Newton was the undisputed #1 Juco QB in the nation. Can't be much higher than that.

TUSK
12-22-2015, 11:02 PM
there are a lot of posters in this thread that don't understand "recruiting" (circa 20th-21st century)...

imo

cheewgumm
12-23-2015, 01:13 AM
We need to get fully IN THE GAME.

Time to get busy living or get busy dying.

I do wonder what the OMU cheating so does to the market. They are obviously paying more than Bama so I think Bama has to step up their game, driving up the price.

Auburn can't be far behind. And damn if A&M wakes up to it....

bulldawg28
12-23-2015, 01:55 AM

I do wonder what the OMU cheating so does to the market. They are obviously paying more than Bama so I think Bama has to step up their game, driving up the price.

Every school is already doing it including us.

War Machine Dawg
12-23-2015, 02:27 AM
there are a lot of posters in this thread that don't understand "recruiting" (circa 20th-21st century)...

imo

Yep. Anyone scoffing at $200K as a reasonable amount when your guys got caught giving a kid $150K TWENTY YEARS AGO can't accept or understand reality. And it's why our Virginia Slims can't get our crootin fixed. It's time to either start playing the game or stop whining about getting our asses kicked frequently by teams who ARE playing the game.

TUSK
12-23-2015, 10:11 AM
Yep. Anyone scoffing at $200K as a reasonable amount when your guys got caught giving a kid $150K TWENTY YEARS AGO can't accept or understand reality. And it's why our Virginia Slims can't get our crootin fixed. It's time to either start playing the game or stop whining about getting our asses kicked frequently by teams who ARE playing the game.

Not to be picky, but fat Albert didn't get a dime from us.

Schultzy
12-23-2015, 04:48 PM
Not to be picky, but fat Albert didn't get a dime from us.

Didn't his HS head coach or handler get paid, cut out the assistant HS coach who thought he was owed a cut of it, then asst turned everybody in 'cause he got stiffed?

OdaMaeBrown
12-23-2015, 05:08 PM

If everyone wasn't paying then some schools would never get a single descent player. Do you really think kids are turning down thousands of dollars to go play somewhere for free? If so, i have some land i need to sell you. This is nothing than a we are poor ol' mississippi state and the world is against us bullshit. We need to demand better from our coaches and stop whining about bracky and other stupid shit.

Our lack of recruiting is only hindered by our lack of recruiting prowess from our coaching staff. Hire Ed O right now and our crootin goes up 20 spots in the next month.

cheewgumm
12-23-2015, 05:30 PM
If everyone wasn't paying then some schools would never get a single descent player. Do you really think kids are turning down thousands of dollars to go play somewhere for free? If so, i have some land i need to sell you. This is nothing than a we are poor ol' mississippi state and the world is against us bullshit. We need to demand better from our coaches and stop whining about bracky and other stupid shit.

Our lack of recruiting is only hindered by our lack of recruiting prowess from our coaching staff. Hire Ed O right now and our crootin goes up 20 spots in the next month.

I'm not sure if you are responding to another post, or I am just not clear. I agree fully. I don't think there is any difference in Miss State and Ole Miss U from an unbiased typical recruit, all things being equal. so, if we PAY like they do, our recruiting will be similar.

That's my point.

I'm not sure what I said that contradicts that. Maybe I should have stressed "FULLY". I think it's obvious we don't cheat enough, hence we are not getting good enough players.

CHEAT BETTER...the end.

OdaMaeBrown
12-23-2015, 05:35 PM
So you just think we don't cheat enough and it isn't that maybe our coaches just aren't good recruiters? If so, what evidence do you have of that? Other than in your own mind?

TUSK
12-23-2015, 05:45 PM
Didn't his HS head coach or handler get paid, cut out the assistant HS coach who thought he was owed a cut of it, then asst turned everybody in 'cause he got stiffed?

correct... good memory!

Bullybaroo
12-23-2015, 08:20 PM

Cam deserved it. Not sure very many more do.

Coach34
12-23-2015, 08:32 PM
Its real simple:

Cam Newton didnt play at Miss State because Mullen was too chickenshit to give the ok to pay the money. Mullen wanted to "play by the rules" and get Auburn on probation.

Auburn said **** the NCAA and found a way to get it done
Hugh Freezus says **** the NCAA and orchestrates the ways to get it done

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-23-2015, 08:32 PM
nm

Blackout
12-23-2015, 09:11 PM
Its real simple:

Cam Newton didnt play at Miss State because Mullen was too chickenshit to give the ok to pay the money. Mullen wanted to "play by the rules" and get Auburn on probation.

Reasons to hire former HEAD coaches with this type of experience.

maroonmania
12-23-2015, 09:48 PM
I'm not sure if you are responding to another post, or I am just not clear. I agree fully. I don't think there is any difference in Miss State and Ole Miss U from an unbiased typical recruit, all things being equal. so, if we PAY like they do, our recruiting will be similar.

That's my point.

I'm not sure what I said that contradicts that. Maybe I should have stressed "FULLY". I think it's obvious we don't cheat enough, hence we are not getting good enough players.

CHEAT BETTER...the end.

Wait, wait, they have the Grove. Pretty sure that's what's been reeling in these out of state elite guys.***

maroonmania
12-23-2015, 09:50 PM
Reasons to hire former HEAD coaches with this type of experience.

Yep, it was nice that we got a basketball HC hired that it didn't take 7 seasons for him to figure out the recruiting game.

OurState
12-23-2015, 11:12 PM

imo

Or realize that we are in the golden age of cheating and that the NCAA is toothless.

The only good thing about Ole Miss eventually walking is that it wil wake up the fa base that we need to be cheating more and complaining less.

The attitude of most of this board is that if someone does something nasty to you in a pile, you should tell the referee and hope that he gets punished.

Leroy Jenkins
12-24-2015, 12:37 AM
The system is broken. Cant have laws without enforcement.

Schultzy
12-24-2015, 06:22 AM
Its real simple:

Byrne too.

Mutt the Hoople
12-24-2015, 08:43 AM
This is an Alabama 247 report. Since it's on the Internet, it must be true.
http://alabama.247sports.com/Board/116/Contents/Since-we-are-on-the-Ole-Miss-subject-42223459

FISHDAWG
12-24-2015, 09:23 AM
"The NCAA enforcement office is as dead as fried chicken (C. Pulp Fiction)" .......

I found this hilarious and yet profoundly true

Cowboydawg
12-24-2015, 09:48 AM
It's similar to the MLB/steroid fiasco. Everybody knows it's going on but nothing is being enforced and if you aren't doing it you are being left behind.

Maybe when it comes down it comes down hard just like MLB. Not holding my breath...

Political Hack
12-24-2015, 11:29 AM
http://alabama.247sports.com/Board/116/Contents/Since-we-are-on-the-Ole-Miss-subject-42223459

It's hilarious that everyone knows what's going on and they're still doing it. They may as well be setting fire to Indianapolis at this point, because if the NCAA hasn't stopped them now I doubt they will anytime soon. Even if they do get popped, they'll keep going.

An Auburn fan once said "y'all make fun of us for going on probation every once in a while. We make fun of you for never winning national championships." It's a very good point.

PendingTransaction
12-24-2015, 11:34 AM
Its real simple:

Coach, you almost got it right. It wasn't because Mullen was too chicken. He was too stubborn to allow any flexibility. The Cigars share in the blame because they sought his approval instead of just getting it done.

HancockCountyDog
12-24-2015, 11:54 AM

An Alabama fan bitching about another school cheating is just awesome.

What's next, Obama bitching about people receiving handouts?

Coach34
12-24-2015, 11:58 AM
The Cigars share in the blame because they sought his approval instead of just getting it done.

Agree on that.