PDA

View Full Version : Basketball

msstate7
12-19-2015, 08:35 PM
Good win.

Anyone know when Holman will be ready? Staley? I really think we could be a decent team if one or both of the above guys could help in the paint

BossDawg
12-19-2015, 08:44 PM
It was indeed a good win. But, man, I can't wait until Howland get this big class on the court. It's like being 10 years old and waiting for Christmas.

msstate7
12-19-2015, 08:48 PM
It was indeed a good win. But, man, I can't wait until Howland get this big class on the court. It's little being 10 years old and waiting for Christmas.

Without a doubt... If Malik returns, next season's team could be really good by sec play

Coach34
12-19-2015, 08:56 PM
We played zone from the opening tip and win- imagine that

HoopsDawg
12-19-2015, 09:44 PM
Good win.

Anyone know when Holman will be ready? Staley? I really think we could be a decent team if one or both of the above guys could help in the paint

Are you really expecting Staley to make an impact?

HoopsDawg
12-19-2015, 09:45 PM
It was indeed a good win. But, man, I can't wait until Howland get this big class on the court. It's little being 10 years old and waiting for Christmas.

9 three's for Tyson Carter tonight, 4 dunks and 40+ points. If he can add a little weight/strength, he will make a big impact next year.

msstate7
12-19-2015, 09:48 PM
Are you really expecting Staley to make an impact?

Not really, but he was a highly rated basketball prospect so I don't figure he's worse than what we have

BayouDawg
12-19-2015, 11:47 PM
We played zone from the opening tip and win- imagine that

Yep and I really think we should trap every time the ball goes to the short corner. There's 2 guys there already might as well trap instead of letting them take their time and throw to the block. But I was very pleased overall with the zone

Dawg61
12-20-2015, 02:12 AM
Not really, but he was a highly rated basketball prospect so I don't figure he's worse than what we have

Staley has a tough decision. He's too heavy for basketball. His future is in football. He just needs to accept it. He has NFL size and talent. It shouldn't be this hard to realize you should give up basketball and nurture the talent in the sport you have the brightest future in. Can't make him see it though.

Coach34
12-20-2015, 09:00 AM
Staley's problem is he loves basketball more than football- but has more upside in football

Ifyouonlyknew
12-20-2015, 09:40 AM
The more DNP Elijah gets the easier his decision will become. Bear had to go through the same thing.

mic
12-20-2015, 10:19 AM
Thing is Elijah may see the same DNP come this fall too...
I agree he needs to bust his ass this offseason with football and see if he can win that starting gig..
And it won't just be Fitz he is battling this offseason...

Taog Redloh
12-20-2015, 10:21 AM

True story

Ifyouonlyknew
12-20-2015, 10:21 AM
Thing is Elijah may see the same DNP come this fall too...
I agree he needs to bust his ass this offseason with football and see if he can win that starting gig..

A positive is at this rate he won't miss 1 spring practice. He'd only miss the workouts.

mic
12-20-2015, 11:32 AM
A positive is at this rate he won't miss 1 spring practice. He'd only miss the workouts.

Quality Qb's battling this offseason for the starter gig.. Haven't heard that at MSU very much..
Get them some big uglies now.....

Taog Redloh
12-20-2015, 12:49 PM

If I remember right, Cam didn't really fill out until his Jr. year. Not sure if that was just natural or from lifting weights. Either way, it seems Staley would be better served to be working out and packing on strength for football, not losing weight in order to play basketball. His strength will be his toughness and ability to bow over people like Cam, so if he doesn't have that, may as well be just another guy.

Intramural All-American
12-20-2015, 02:39 PM
Matt Jones for Arkansas did both. It's doable. Obviously not at QB, but Bruce Ellington did both at South Carolina also. If Staley can help us in basketball he should do both. If he's just gonna sit on the bench and be a hype man, stick with football.

Dawg61
12-20-2015, 04:45 PM
Matt Jones for Arkansas did both. It's doable. Obviously not at QB, but Bruce Ellington did both at South Carolina also. If Staley can help us in basketball he should do both. If he's just gonna sit on the bench and be a hype man, stick with football.

He's not going to help very much at his current weight. He's too slow at 250 lbs on the basketball court. I'm sure some of the apparent lack of quickness is from being indecisive in his movements though.

Dawg61
12-20-2015, 04:47 PM

Looks like workouts are something he might not want to miss out on. 250lbs is too big imo.

djaymsu5
12-20-2015, 04:51 PM
9 three's for Tyson Carter tonight, 4 dunks and 40+ points. If he can add a little weight/strength, he will make a big impact next year.

He will be very good after he adds some weight but I think Eli Wright is going to be the Q of next year. That kid is very underrated!

djaymsu5
12-20-2015, 05:00 PM
Quality Qb's battling this offseason for the starter gig.. Haven't heard that at MSU very much..
Get them some big uglies now.....

IMO I think we have the big uglies Mullen just continues to play the older less talented ones. I don't care if he is a true freshman get his ass ready to play and roll with it.