PDA

View Full Version : How to keep the story alive?

coastratdog
12-19-2015, 03:23 PM
Unless there is a caticlusmic historical shift most news stories have a very short life span. Come New Year's Day as Big Softee, lil kimnichee, paidwell and CJ finish their careers at UNM will their stories of payoffs, drug abuse, family member free housing and jobs leave with them? How/who will continue to follow up with these allegations so the real story of Saint Bucky and his network of good deeds will be kept front and center. Has the whole truth of the saga of Big Kimnichee and his near death experience and subsequent hospital stay been brought to the public? These are stories that we need to become bigger than life so it could be a bug in future recruits minds. All we can really do is pray for "divine" I mean NCAA intervention. It would also help if we would beat them every once in a while. F?{?ears.

Spiderman
12-19-2015, 10:12 PM
Unless there is a caticlusmic historical shift most news stories have a very short life span. Come New Year's Day as Big Softee, lil kimnichee, paidwell and CJ finish their careers at UNM will their stories of payoffs, drug abuse, family member free housing and jobs leave with them? How/who will continue to follow up with these allegations so the real story of Saint Bucky and his network of good deeds will be kept front and center. Has the whole truth of the saga of Big Kimnichee and his near death experience and subsequent hospital stay been brought to the public? These are stories that we need to become bigger than life so it could be a bug in future recruits minds. All we can really do is pray for "divine" I mean NCAA intervention. It would also help if we would beat them every once in a while. F?{?ears.

I bet you if you could find "Da Champ" Snoop Brassell on some corner somewhere, Tobias Singleton Manning and Pat Pat and offer them about a grand apiece to tell the story of their and CJ's recruitment, you could bring the whole rotten thing down.

Bully13
12-19-2015, 10:38 PM
I just wish we were on the positive end of the last 2 egg bowls, headed to the sugar, back to back wins over bama along with a dominate win over LSU, so E-Dogs didn't have that KUNT assed "beat bama" shit posted on it's front page, along with another top 5 class on the way to put more ass whippings in the future.

but don't worry my loyal brethren, Bracky is on the way. he will right all these wrongs you speak of and all will once again be well in Vegas. our 24th ranked class will once uhGAIN show those scoundrels up north a lesson or two NEXT year because we develop RAW talent that WANT to be a BULLDOG!!!

RealHastings
12-20-2015, 12:15 AM
offer them about a grand apiece

Sheeeyittt, you can get off cheaper than that. I was thinking offer 'em about 100 bucks each. That should do it. I mean, look at the crew you're talking about here.

Todd4State
12-20-2015, 01:48 AM
I just wish we were on the positive end of the last 2 egg bowls, headed to the sugar, back to back wins over bama along with a dominate win over LSU, so E-Dogs didn't have that KUNT assed "beat bama" shit posted on it's front page, along with another top 5 class on the way to put more ass whippings in the future.

but don't worry my loyal brethren, Bracky is on the way. he will right all these wrongs you speak of and all will once again be well in Vegas. our 24th ranked class will once uhGAIN show those scoundrels up north a lesson or two NEXT year because we develop RAW talent that WANT to be a BULLDOG!!!

Here's a fact- the last two MSU coaches to lose the Egg Bowl three times in a row were not asked to return the next season.

The only good thing about losing is it serves as a vehicle for change. It's simply a matter of how much the cigar boys are willing to put up with in my mind. Dan needs to win the bowl game for his own sake to stay in their good graces as much as possible and not lose any more ground. There's nothing Ole Miss does as a football program that we are not capable of ourselves.

I seen it dawg
12-20-2015, 02:07 AM
Why aren't the masses on here hammering this shit instead of eating our own of Mullen and crootin. Shit I dislike Mullen more than anybody but I hate OM infinitely. Let's all get on board and pull the rope to the fact OM hasn't done shit with that national champion crootin class except set land speed records in spice sales and drug arrests and underachieving. **** those assholes.

Spiderman
12-20-2015, 09:02 AM
Why aren't the masses on here hammering this shit instead of eating our own of Mullen and crootin. Shit I dislike Mullen more than anybody but I hate OM infinitely. Let's all get on board and pull the rope to the fact OM hasn't done shit with that national champion crootin class except set land speed records in spice sales and drug arrests and underachieving. **** those assholes.

You dislike Mullen?

I don't. yes, he has got to get back to owning Ole Miss, but we are going to a bowl for the 6th straight year. Say what you want, but when I was in school, we would kill for any bowl. Hell, we were 7-4 and didn't get one once.

maroonmania
12-20-2015, 09:36 AM
You dislike Mullen?

I don't. yes, he has got to get back to owning Ole Miss, but we are going to a bowl for the 6th straight year. Say what you want, but when I was in school, we would kill for any bowl. Hell, we were 7-4 and didn't get one once.

I don't think we are going to be owning OM anytime soon as long as they are allowed to continue to recruit with their current methods with no NCAA repercussions. I still sit here amazed that we've been on probation over the trivial crap at the end of Jackie's tenure and the Will Redmond car discount while they are giving out more than both of those cases combined just as incentives for guys to make official visits, much less to sign on a routine basis. In fact, at OM's current pace they could become a yearly threat to AL in the SEC and have a good chance to compete for the CFP. That's just the lay of the land at the moment. We still have some very, very good things going on with our football program (well minus the OL) but we just don't have the coaching staff, administration or booster base willing to organize and play the game (i.e. cheat) at the level required to bring in nationally elite recruits like the school up the road is currently doing to consistently compete at a national level. I mean there are just limits to how high you can climb primarily being a developmental program. SO, yes I want to beat OM as much as anyone BUT we've lost to them the last 2 years while compiling a record of 18-6 in the process. Yet we don't seem to be able to take much if any joy in that. IMO we are just going to have to transition, as a fanbase, from judging our season so much strictly on how we perform against OM in the Egg Bowl. It looks like we are going to be fighting an uphill battle there from a sheer talent standpoint in the near future as the vast majority of teams will when they play OM so we need to not pin our hopes so much on winning that game to consider ourselves having a successful season. If we had gone 18-6 over the past 2 years with 2 Egg Bowl wins we would all be ecstatic. Anyway just food for thought.

I seen it dawg
12-20-2015, 11:15 AM
You dislike Mullen?

Yes I do and your post is outdated and obtuse.

Todd4State
12-20-2015, 03:00 PM
I don't think we are going to be owning OM anytime soon as long as they are allowed to continue to recruit with their current methods with no NCAA repercussions. I still sit here amazed that we've been on probation over the trivial crap at the end of Jackie's tenure and the Will Redmond car discount while they are giving out more than both of those cases combined just as incentives for guys to make official visits, much less to sign on a routine basis. In fact, at OM's current pace they could become a yearly threat to AL in the SEC and have a good chance to compete for the CFP. That's just the lay of the land at the moment. We still have some very, very good things going on with our football program (well minus the OL) but we just don't have the coaching staff, administration or booster base willing to organize and play the game (i.e. cheat) at the level required to bring in nationally elite recruits like the school up the road is currently doing to consistently compete at a national level. I mean there are just limits to how high you can climb primarily being a developmental program. SO, yes I want to beat OM as much as anyone BUT we've lost to them the last 2 years while compiling a record of 18-6 in the process. Yet we don't seem to be able to take much if any joy in that. IMO we are just going to have to transition, as a fanbase, from judging our season so much strictly on how we perform against OM in the Egg Bowl. It looks like we are going to be fighting an uphill battle there from a sheer talent standpoint in the near future as the vast majority of teams will when they play OM so we need to not pin our hopes so much on winning that game to consider ourselves having a successful season. If we had gone 18-6 over the past 2 years with 2 Egg Bowl wins we would all be ecstatic. Anyway just food for thought.

It's not just the Egg Bowl. It's equally sickening how we lost to LSU with clock mismanagement, a Texas A&M team that wasn't that good, and then looked completely inept against Alabama. 18-6 is "good"- but who are the wins against? The only wins during that time that I would consider memorable would be LSU, Auburn, and Texas A&M last year- maybe Arkansas this year because it was exciting? None of those teams were better than 8-5.

Barrett Sallee said it best about Dan- he has raised our floor because he beats people he "should beat" very consistently. But he hasn't raised our ceiling. Our only power five win against a team with a record of better than 6-6 was Arkansas.

It would be one thing if we looked ready to play in those games that we lost- but that wasn't the case in any of them. That's VERY concerning to me.

So, it's not JUST the Egg Bowl that a lot of people are judging Dan by- although yeah, I agree if we had won the critics wouldn't be as bad because we beat our rival and we would be in the Sugar Bowl- but at the end of the day it's still the WHOLE body of work that is being looked at. Like last year, how many people were upset at Dan for going 10-2 and losing the Egg Bowl? I don't remember very many. And that was because despite losing the Egg Bowl we beat some pretty good teams along the way as well and both the losses were on the road and the Alabama loss was very close at the end of the day.

It's time for Dan to raise the ceiling. And it's time for some of our fans to realize that it's not 1984, 1991, or even 1998 anymore. We have the resources and everything we need to potentially win a National Championship in football, and we need to start making that the goal and do what it takes to achieve that. How do I know that? Because we were able to get to number one in the country last freaking year which was more than Ole Miss and their NFL superstar class ever got to.

I wish there was going to be some big pow wow between Keenum, Stricklin, Dan, and the cigar boys about what we have to do to realistically do that this offseason and then go about making it happen- and leave nothing off the table. Whether that be forming our own network, not being so to the letter when dealing with the NCAA, or how we think the team should be managed better. But that's a pipe dream even though it would be really nice.

shannondawg
12-20-2015, 03:33 PM
Just who are the cigar boys these days? it was pretty evident back in LT's day, because he had them with him in his box and were an entourage with him wherever he went.
And after any game they were the ones with the biggest and best cigars, hence their name.

Todd4State
12-20-2015, 03:36 PM
Just who are the cigar boys these days? it was pretty evident back in LT's day, because he had them with him in his box and were an entourage with him wherever he went.
And after any game they were the ones with the biggest and best cigars, hence their name.

Naming them on a public message board would only potentially serve to undermine us.

maroonmania
12-20-2015, 04:05 PM
It's not just the Egg Bowl. It's equally sickening how we lost to LSU with clock mismanagement, a Texas A&M team that wasn't that good, and then looked completely inept against Alabama. 18-6 is "good"- but who are the wins against? The only wins during that time that I would consider memorable would be LSU, Auburn, and Texas A&M last year- maybe Arkansas this year because it was exciting? None of those teams were better than 8-5.

Barrett Sallee said it best about Dan- he has raised our floor because he beats people he "should beat" very consistently. But he hasn't raised our ceiling. Our only power five win against a team with a record of better than 6-6 was Arkansas.

It would be one thing if we looked ready to play in those games that we lost- but that wasn't the case in any of them. That's VERY concerning to me.

So, it's not JUST the Egg Bowl that a lot of people are judging Dan by- although yeah, I agree if we had won the critics wouldn't be as bad because we beat our rival and we would be in the Sugar Bowl- but at the end of the day it's still the WHOLE body of work that is being looked at. Like last year, how many people were upset at Dan for going 10-2 and losing the Egg Bowl? I don't remember very many. And that was because despite losing the Egg Bowl we beat some pretty good teams along the way as well and both the losses were on the road and the Alabama loss was very close at the end of the day.

It's time for Dan to raise the ceiling. And it's time for some of our fans to realize that it's not 1984, 1991, or even 1998 anymore. We have the resources and everything we need to potentially win a National Championship in football, and we need to start making that the goal and do what it takes to achieve that. How do I know that? Because we were able to get to number one in the country last freaking year which was more than Ole Miss and their NFL superstar class ever got to.

I wish there was going to be some big pow wow between Keenum, Stricklin, Dan, and the cigar boys about what we have to do to realistically do that this offseason and then go about making it happen- and leave nothing off the table. Whether that be forming our own network, not being so to the letter when dealing with the NCAA, or how we think the team should be managed better. But that's a pipe dream even though it would be really nice.

I pretty much agree with all you have posted, and I think we are sort of making the same point. As a "developmental" program Dan HAS raised the floor consistently to beat teams that we should beat and that we have equal talent or better. But to break through on the ceiling I'm just not sure we can do that, at least not consistently, if we aren't ever going to be in on any elite recruits outside of MS. And right now, unlike OM, we don't have the stomach to try and go the route it takes to get most of those type guys. Heck, we have an elite recruit in GA with both parents being MSU alums and we are probably his 3rd choice at best. Even last year when we got the "good" wins it was against teams that were not quite as good as we thought they were when we played them. AND our project OL were VERY veteran players which is not going to happen every year so that helped along the offensive front as well. As it stands right now with our current recruiting methods we should be a consistent 7 to 8 win team with a chance to get to 9 or even 10 depending on how good the SEC West happens to be that year. Not a bad place to be but not really a prescription for competing for championships. However, do beware that if we should change coaches that there is much more room for us to move downward than upward. Its really tough for a non-traditional power program like ourselves to break through that ceiling on any type of consistent basis. OM is trying to do it but they are willing to do things we aren't and apparently they are very good at doing things that the NCAA can't get a good handle on or are too inept to follow.

Jacksondevildog
12-20-2015, 04:12 PM
Here we are a little over a month until national signing day and we have two prospects from Starkville that we are sweating it about. That would not happen in Oxford. We have a Johnie cooks' nephew (offensive tackle) in West Point uncommitted. It's just concerning. I'm sure this thread will be locked because someone has made a negative comment about recruiting when they are just stating the obvious.

Tripp McNeely
12-20-2015, 05:00 PM
Here we are a little over a month until national signing day and we have two prospects from Starkville that we are sweating it about. That would not happen in Oxford. We have a Johnie cooks' nephew (offensive tackle) in West Point uncommitted. It's just concerning. I'm sure this thread will be locked because someone has made a negative comment about recruiting when they are just stating the obvious.

I know it's been said a thousand times...but apparently it needs to be said a thousand more...the three guys that you mentioned are going to State. The timing of their actual commitments (and several others) is being orchestrated...calm down

Coach34
12-20-2015, 05:05 PM
Here we are a little over a month until national signing day and we have two prospects from Starkville that we are sweating it about.

We arent sweating 2 of the 3

Jacksondevildog
12-20-2015, 05:07 PM
AJ brown?
Kobe Jones?
Scott Lashley?
Jeffrey Simmons?

Jones and Lashley will end up at State. The other two are in question.

Spiderman
12-20-2015, 05:08 PM
Yes I do and your post is outdated and obtuse.

Oooooo- Kay

Todd4State
12-20-2015, 05:18 PM
I pretty much agree with all you have posted, and I think we are sort of making the same point. As a "developmental" program Dan HAS raised the floor consistently to beat teams that we should beat and that we have equal talent or better. But to break through on the ceiling I'm just not sure we can do that, at least not consistently, if we aren't ever going to be in on any elite recruits outside of MS. And right now, unlike OM, we don't have the stomach to try and go the route it takes to get most of those type guys. Heck, we have an elite recruit in GA with both parents being MSU alums and we are probably his 3rd choice at best. Even last year when we got the "good" wins it was against teams that were not quite as good as we thought they were when we played them. AND our project OL were VERY veteran players which is not going to happen every year so that helped along the offensive front as well. As it stands right now with our current recruiting methods we should be a consistent 7 to 8 win team with a chance to get to 9 or even 10 depending on how good the SEC West happens to be that year. Not a bad place to be but not really a prescription for competing for championships. However, do beware that if we should change coaches that there is much more room for us to move downward than upward. Its really tough for a non-traditional power program like ourselves to break through that ceiling on any type of consistent basis. OM is trying to do it but they are willing to do things we aren't and apparently they are very good at doing things that the NCAA can't get a good handle on or are too inept to follow.

Yes, I think we were agreeing for the most part. I just don't see us as a fan base and a University just being willing to sit back and just be satisfied with where we are even if that is 8-4 every year. Right now that might be OK- but after awhile our fans, alumni, and University officials are going to get tired of it and then want more. Just like back when LT was AD I'm sure we had plenty of fans that were OK with going to the Liberty Bowl and 7-4 every 3-4 years. And even then you had fans that said we could win 8 games consistently like we are now. To me, it's just a matter of when that happens.

We'll see what happens with Derrick Brown, but if we don't land him I totally agree we need to do a better job with out of state alumni like that. You are right that if he came from an Ole Miss family, they would do anything and everything possible to get him. And I'm not saying we haven't because I know he has officially visited us- just that Ole Miss would go over the top with it.

To be honest with you, I'm still on the fence about Ole Miss recruiting only because we don't know what the NCAA is going to do to them. To me, a USC type probation where we are rebuilding for five years isn't worth it in exchange for two NYD bowls. That would be like a NFL team signing a bunch of high priced superstars and getting to the playoffs for a couple of years but then wrecking themselves from a salary cap standpoint. By that same token, if the NCAA lets Ole Miss slide (personally don't think they will) then I think we should go all in.

Now, as far as changing coaches to me it's a case by case basis. I will be the first to admit that changing coaches is something where we could end up with someone worse than Dan. But I also think we could end up with someone better also- and I don't think we need to be afraid to make a change to make ourselves better if necessary. Dan was risky at the time in that he had no head coaching experience. I think if he had head coaching experience we would have known his flaws better- and I think we are the type of program now that can almost demand as a requirement that our next head coach have head coaching experience. That should help us know what we are getting and what to expect.

Dawgcentral
12-20-2015, 05:25 PM

Not sure what you're talking about. Big money guys have their own boxes/seating. LT would travel the skyboxes greeting folks. Used to see it before just about every game. If I didn't see him in the box I visited, I usually saw him out in the walkway.

When LT couldn't make it, you get a visit from an associate A.D.

Op4isabitch
12-20-2015, 05:51 PM
And Scott does the same thing, it's incumbent on him to do it as the AD.

The only thing that Ole Miss does better than us is coordinate their efforts. We have the people, money and facilities, what we don't have is coordination of our available resources.

OurState
12-20-2015, 06:29 PM

It's the golden age of cheating. The NCAA is toothless. All this talk about what the NCAA wil do to Ole Miss is as realistic as Santa coming down the chimney. We need to learn to cheat better or learn to enjoy dominating the last 3 q's of the egg bowl.

Coach34
12-20-2015, 06:39 PM
AJ brown?
Kobe Jones?
Scott Lashley?
Jeffrey Simmons?

Jones and Lashley will end up at State. The other two are in question.

AJ is not in question....and our guys tell me Simmons is Leo Lewis 2106 version. We'll see

Coach34
12-20-2015, 06:41 PM
The only thing that Ole Miss does better than us is coordinate their efforts. We have the people, money and facilities, what we don't have is coordination of our available resources.

This 100 damn percent

Op4isabitch
12-20-2015, 06:41 PM
AJ is not in question....and our guys tell me Simmons is Leo Lewis 2106 version. We'll see

You better be firkin right about this coach or no Easter basket for you!

Coach34
12-20-2015, 06:47 PM
You better be firkin right about this coach or no Easter basket for you!

AJ doesnt worry me- trusting them on Simmons does. OM people are confident- and so are some of our guys. We will see

Spiderman
12-20-2015, 09:11 PM

Like I said the other day, they institutionally recruit, have so for years, and they are damn good at it and until we do it, we will always suck hind tit

maroonmania
12-20-2015, 09:50 PM

Well first, before you even talk about coordinating, you have to have folks in place willing to recruit all out like that. But the deal is do we have a staff and an administration willing to use financial incentives to recruit the more elite prospects? No, I don't think so, not if they have to provide any direction for it or have even any knowledge about it. Do we have a staff and an administration willing to allow a "Girls Gone Wild" type weekend for our prospects when they come in on visits even if they aren't involved? No, I don't think so. Do we have a staff and an administration willing to go after players that could help us win but have a checkered past and even run ins with the law like a Kelly or a Stringfellow? No, I don't think so on that either. So its more than coordination and its more than just the illegal financial benefits, its also some of the things they do to have a better football team that are legal but distasteful. Like has been said, they are determined to win up there and are all pulling in the same direction with a "whatever it takes" mentality. I don't believe we have enough folks willing to cross some of those lines to win football games.

Todd4State
12-20-2015, 10:05 PM
Well first, before you even talk about coordinating, you have to have folks in place willing to recruit all out like that. But the deal is do we have a staff and an administration willing to use financial incentives to recruit the more elite prospects? No, I don't think so, not if they have to provide any direction for it or have even any knowledge about it. Do we have a staff and an administration willing to allow a "Girls Gone Wild" type weekend for our prospects when they come in on visits even if they aren't involved? No, I don't think so. Do we have a staff and an administration willing to go after players that could help us win but have a checkered past and even run ins with the law like a Kelly or a Stringfellow? No, I don't think so on that either. So its more than coordination and its more than just the illegal financial benefits, its also some of the things they do to have a better football team that are legal but distasteful. Like has been said, they are determined to win up there and are all pulling in the same direction with a "whatever it takes" mentality. I don't believe we have enough folks willing to cross some of those lines to win football games.

A lot that is because it seems like whenever we get a guy to transfer in- even clean guys like Christian Ducre or Brandon Maye- it doesn't have a huge impact for us.

I would like to see us write into Dan's contract financial incentives for landing a top 15, top 10, and top 5 class.

Op4isabitch
12-20-2015, 10:07 PM
I think I summed up exactly what you typed in a short, succinct fashion.

Wether it be by choice or not our only short coming when compared to the confederates is our lack of coordination.

Personally, I'd prefer not to cheat. However if we don't we need to be content with our 7-8 win seasons.

The reason Hugh Freeze was hired is because the micro penis faction at UM needed someone who would willingly cheat. At sometime, hopefully very soon that house of cards will come tumbling down!

Political Hack
12-20-2015, 10:12 PM
I bet you if you could find "Da Champ" Snoop Brassell on some corner somewhere, Tobias Singleton Manning and Pat Pat and offer them about a grand apiece to tell the story of their and CJ's recruitment, you could bring the whole rotten thing down.

Media members have tried to pay Pat Pat. He wouldn't do it.

mic
12-20-2015, 11:40 PM
In-state recruiting isn't an issue when it comes to Us vs Them..
It's out of state with the highly rated recruits where they have the leg up...

RougeDawg
12-21-2015, 12:03 AM
It's out of state with the highly rated recruits where they have the bag up...

Think that's what you meant.

Todd4State
12-21-2015, 12:58 AM
It's out of state with the highly rated recruits where they have the leg up...

This is a great point and here is something kind of scary to think about if you are Ole Miss....what if we continue to dominate in state recruiting and then we start signing a few elite out of state guys like Fred Ross every year? Let's say we sign 13 out of the top 15 Mississippi players and then two to three 5 star out of state guys. That still leaves us about 9-10 spots typically for JUCO's, diamonds in the rough or other out of state guys from Memphis, Louisiana, or Alabama. Just a random guess but that would probably equate out to about 7-10 four or five star guys a year at least.

If we start hauling in even 1-2 legit out of state five star guys based on current trends we'll easily match and exceed them from a talent standpoint. Looking at their past few classes, they had five guys on their roster that were five star players out of high school- one was Channing Ward. The other four were the guys they got in the 2013 class, and three of those were out of state guys. The other was from Oxford and they probably would have landed him no matter who their coach was.

Next year, they will only have three five star guys assuming things stay as is- Patterson, Little, and Conner. Anyway- my point is those four five star guys that they got in 2013 are probably the biggest reason why they have been successful the past few years. And if we can continue to do what we are in state and then simply add in a couple of 5 star out of state guys we will pass them. Personally, I think that's probably doable.

shannondawg
12-21-2015, 08:57 AM
Not sure what you're talking about. Big money guys have their own boxes/seating. LT would travel the skyboxes greeting folks. Used to see it before just about every game. If I didn't see him in the box I visited, I usually saw him out in the walkway.

When LT couldn't make it, you get a visit from an associate A.D.

I'm talking about before the East Side was expanded and suites were added.

shannondawg
12-21-2015, 09:01 AM
Naming them on a public message board would only potentially serve to undermine us.

Well how about sending me a PM with their names?

BrunswickDawg
12-21-2015, 09:04 AM
I think I summed up exactly what you typed in a short, succinct fashion.

Wether it be by choice or not our only short coming when compared to the confederates is our lack of coordination.

Personally, I'd prefer not to cheat. However if we don't we need to be content with our 7-8 win seasons.

The reason Hugh Freeze was hired is because the micro penis faction at UM needed someone who would willingly cheat. At sometime, hopefully very soon that house of cards will come tumbling down!
It's funny. Before last year, if you set aside the coaching/recruiting criticisms (which come and go with every coach), there was a pretty strong consensus on this board that the path we were on and the way we were building was the best path for State. It would take a number of years to get to Natty Contention due to our SECW competition and our resources and our admins insistence that we not shortcut it and shoot ourselves in the foot via sanctions again (or OM meddling), like it has every time. Consistent bowl team, 7-9 win seasons dependent on schedules, with the once every 3-4 year getting us to 10-11 wins, and once a every 8-10 years possibly really challenging the big boys.

We actually hit those timelines and everyone wants to chuck it all and go "all in", which has been our death every time. For whatever reason - we suck at playing the game. We end up getting played by OM (see Devinner - no offense Hack), getting someone with an agenda after our ass (see Jackie's NCAA investigator & Bob Tyler), or blowing our wad on the wrong players (see Sydney, Renardo or Jackie's JUCOs). All we end up with is a coach run off, the perception that "State never wins without cheating", and more misery and bitching. Well that shit sucks worse than having a sandy vag when we don't make a NY6 or lose to Bama again. It makes me appreciate 8 wins, and the years like last year where we overcome that stuff and win.