PDA

View Full Version : DB Coach

mic
12-18-2015, 04:30 PM
A name that is floating around Is Brett Maxie. (Currently at Vandy)
I know it was been brought to the attention of our coaching staff that he would be interested in the job.
Maxie's resume is very impressive.
No one has contacted him as of today and we may or may not even reach out to him. (If we don't it better be because we already have our guy.. )
Seems like a Great Choice.. . NFL ties, Texas ties, SEC ties, and from what I have been told a very soild person...

CadaverDawg
12-18-2015, 04:56 PM
And his secondary is better than ours with Vandy talent. He would definitely be worth a strong look

Ifyouonlyknew
12-18-2015, 05:11 PM
Can he recruit? We have to have a great recruiter. I know bc I've read it on here 1000x. The coaching part isn't as important.

defiantdog
12-18-2015, 05:29 PM
Can he recruit? We have to have a great recruiter. I know bc I've read it on here 1000x. The coaching part isn't as important.
I like you sense of humor

Coach34
12-18-2015, 05:38 PM
I like you sense of humor

I like it as well- but when we are 50th in recruiting after being #1 in the country for 1/3 of the season last year and Kentucky is 26th- maybe those people have a point

defiantdog
12-18-2015, 05:50 PM
I like it as well- but when we are 50th in recruiting after being #1 in the country for 1/3 of the season last year and Kentucky is 26th- maybe those people have a point

Yeah, yeah..... we still have room for about 10 more commits. We'll move up in the rankings. We'll finish between 20 - 25, and we'll all be debating on how we should have been in the top 20. We'll really be talking about the 2017 class soon whenever Kylin Hill commits and brings a few more stars with him.

Bothrops
12-18-2015, 05:56 PM
Mullencruiting

Ifyouonlyknew
12-18-2015, 05:59 PM

I understand that & if every major target for us was committed elsewhere id be panicking too. We're 40th right now if Sullivan commits it would put us at 31. That's before all of our big instate targets decide. We have the opportunity to have another top 20 class. We just have to do it but complaining about it right now is like calling a game in the 3rd qtr.

defiantdog
12-18-2015, 06:06 PM
I understand that & if every major target for us was committed elsewhere id be panicking too. We're 40th right now if Sullivan commits it would put us at 31. That's before all of our big instate targets decide. We have the opportunity to have another top 20 class. We just have to do it but complaining about it right now is like calling a game in the 3rd qtr.

Wait until AJ gets his 5th star..... I sense a Chris Jones 2.0 situation on ED.

mic
12-18-2015, 06:07 PM
I bet we finish right around 20 maybe inside the the top 20 if we get lucky with a few ....

And who's to say that Coach Maxie can't recruit?
What makes TBuck a better recruiter? He is from Mississippi?
We need to upgrade the coaching side just as bad as the recruiting side.. Let's at least hope CDM reaches out to him... Shit why wouldn't we??.

msstate7
12-18-2015, 06:08 PM
I lost a few years off my life bc of the Chris jones recruitment

Ifyouonlyknew
12-18-2015, 06:09 PM
I bet we finish right around 20 maybe inside the the top 20 if we get lucky with a few ....

And who's to say that Coach Maxie can't recruit?
What makes TBuck a better recruiter? He is from Mississippi?
We need to upgrade the coaching side just as bad as the recruiting side.. Let's at least hope CDM reaches out to him... Shit why wouldn't we??.

I was being sarcastic. Ever since the OM game all the talk is we need recruiters coaching be damned. Maxie is a good coach but unless something goes wrong I expect Buckley to be the guy.

mic
12-18-2015, 06:09 PM

I bet a few of our guys committed now get a bump...

mic
12-18-2015, 06:10 PM
I was being sarcastic. Ever since the OM game all the talk is we need is recruiters coaching be damned. Maxie is a good coach but unless something goes wrong I expect Buckley to be the guy.

I know... Was just adding to your point about " but can he recruit"

ShotgunDawg
12-18-2015, 06:21 PM
If we get all the players that we currently lead for, we'll finish between 18-20 in the rankings. If we add a few like Knott, Allen, or Moon, we'll be around 15-18

djaymsu5
12-18-2015, 06:40 PM
Wonder if we did get Maxie if we could get Zaire Jones back

Ifyouonlyknew
12-18-2015, 06:48 PM
Wonder if we did get Maxie if we could get Zaire Jones back

I doubt it. If we wanted him he'd still be committed.

Todd4State
12-18-2015, 07:00 PM

Then Ole Miss will bitch until Metcalf gets a fifth star.

thedawg
12-18-2015, 07:17 PM
Then Ole Miss will bitch until Metcalf gets a fifth star.

I don't know why.. Aj is a lot better than Metcalf

Ifyouonlyknew
12-18-2015, 07:37 PM
AJ won't get a 5th star IMO unless he dominates the Under Armour game. He put in work that week the 5th star will be his.

Coach34
12-18-2015, 08:32 PM
Absolutely our chance to finish strong is out there. Pulling Sullivan would be huge for our staff. They are busting their ass- let's see if it pays off

thedawg
12-18-2015, 09:02 PM
Wish they would bust their ass more consistently at recruiting and not put themselves behind the eight ball having to close strong

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
12-18-2015, 09:39 PM
Wish they would bust their ass more consistently at recruiting and not put themselves behind the eight ball having to close strong

That's really my only complaint. It feels like we're always scrambling to find guys at the end of the year, especially those that we should theoretically have locked down. We need to identify a few guys that are the face of the class early on and get them actively recruiting for us. It's not a good look when 2 Starkville kids aren't committed to us, but maybe that's just the perception. That's something else we could improve on as well.

I seen it dawg
12-18-2015, 09:49 PM

Every school is behind the 8 ball and every school has to close strong. Recruiting isn't done until the fax rolls in.

thedawg
12-18-2015, 10:11 PM
Every school is behind the 8 ball and every school has to close strong. Recruiting isn't done until the fax rolls in.

Every sec school is not currently ranked in the 50 with all of the upper level targets uncommitted.. It is true every one has to work to keep what they have but no one that is worth a damn has less committed

djaymsu5
12-18-2015, 10:12 PM
I doubt it. If we wanted him he'd still be committed.

I gotcha. I kind of figured that's what happened with that.

state66
12-18-2015, 10:58 PM
Im still concerned about O line recruiting. We got lashley and a big time recruit has popped up on the radar but other than that I dont think we addressed it enough.

djaymsu5
12-18-2015, 11:11 PM
From what I've seen about Allen is he is all tiger but I could be wrong. He's gonna be a redshirt guy but I would love for us to have him.

Alldawg
12-18-2015, 11:22 PM
That's really my only complaint. It feels like we're always scrambling to find guys at the end of the year, especially those that we should theoretically have locked down. We need to identify a few guys that are the face of the class early on and get them actively recruiting for us. It's not a good look when 2 Starkville kids aren't committed to us, but maybe that's just the perception. That's something else we could improve on as well.

Please explain this to me. Not only you, but a few others have said the same thing. Do you not think they have been recruiting the last year or two on this class and just decided to put the full court press on guys like Knott and AJ? Do you not think they have done everything possible to get guys like this to commit early and help recruit?

HoopsDawg
12-18-2015, 11:30 PM
If we get all the players that we currently lead for, we'll finish between 18-20 in the rankings. If we add a few like Knott, Allen, or Moon, we'll be around 15-18

This is not going to be a top 20 class. Just ain't going to happen. 22-25 is the absolute best we could hope for and I would be pleased with that. I think we finish around 28.

defiantdog
12-18-2015, 11:45 PM
This is not going to be a top 20 class. Just ain't going to happen. 22-25 is the absolute best we could hope for and I would be pleased with that. I think we finish around 28.

I agree, top 20 is a stretch. I will give our coaches credit though, it's not a lack of effort on their part to land these recruits. But some people on this board are acting like the coaches aren't doing shit to get these recruits. Everyone keeps talking about how OM pays this and that, and why we can't do the same. Pony up mother ****ers! I only know a handful of you that could provide for a coach to fly to Texas, drop off $10,000 in cash and tell a recruit that this is what you get for committing now. And when you sign the dotted line, we'll give you $25,000 more. The rest of you can click an ad and quit bitching about recruiting.

dawgoneyall
12-19-2015, 12:34 AM
I can coach an All-american.

dawgoneyall
12-19-2015, 12:35 AM
Wait till next year.

dawgoneyall
12-19-2015, 12:41 AM
You are correct. The kimdasian tunsel and paidwell class was estimated at 1.5 mill.
If we are to "compete" then we will have to ante up.

Problem is....we have people willing to ante up but our adim isn't. Morally correct but won't win football games.
t

dawgoneyall
12-19-2015, 12:44 AM
Do not attempt to excuse this situation.

SPMT
12-19-2015, 01:16 AM
Every sec school is not currently ranked in the 50 with all of the upper level targets uncommitted.. It is true every one has to work to keep what they have but no one that is worth a damn has less committed

No doubt. We are recruiting underachievers.

Your instate rival, that really cannot differentiate itself, dominates you in recruiting. That means there's a problem, and not necessarily with the coaching staff.

I seen it dawg
12-19-2015, 10:43 AM
Brett Maxie

Coach34
12-19-2015, 12:05 PM
We dont lack for money or people willing to help. What we lack is simply- #TheNetwork

Ole Missus has the leadership in place and the HC works with that leadership to get things done. Their people donate and pull the rope together. We dont have that. We have too many factions wanting to be the leaders. Our basketball Network is 10 times more organized (Thanks Stands) than the football guys.

We lack organization and a HC willing to trust that leadership. And thats not going to change anytime soon. We play the game- but on a much smaller level than most of the big boys of the SEC

Covercorner2
12-19-2015, 12:18 PM
Do not attempt to excuse this situation.

I remember my first beer

djaymsu5
12-19-2015, 02:01 PM
We dont lack for money or people willing to help. What we lack is simply- #TheNetwork

Ole Missus has the leadership in place and the HC works with that leadership to get things done. Their people donate and pull the rope together. We dont have that. We have too many factions wanting to be the leaders. Our basketball Network is 10 times more organized (Thanks Stands) than the football guys.

We lack organization and a HC willing to trust that leadership. And thats not going to change anytime soon. We play the game- but on a much smaller level than most of the big boys of the SEC

Well that 17'n sucks.

Dawgfan61
12-19-2015, 03:04 PM
Since the title of this thread is DB coach is it totally outside the realm of possibility to go at Jay Hopson for DB coach? His pedigree is on the defensive side.

BoomBoom
12-19-2015, 03:53 PM

Maybe we're just not recruiting anyone that didnt see how we finished.**