PDA

View Full Version : According to Pat Dick Face Forde

Dawgbite
08-05-2013, 12:06 PM
Starkville is the worst town in the SEC. Which one of you pissed in his Fruit Loops in times past because he goes out of his way to diss MSU. Is he a closet Rebel?

Coach34
08-05-2013, 12:10 PM
he certainly hates State and Starkville. He must have tried to get laid in Sville once and struck out badly or something

Dawgbite
08-05-2013, 12:12 PM
It's an article on Yahoo sports if anybody is interested. The bears were list twice in a positive way both times. Only negative remarks were about us and Les Miles.

engie
08-05-2013, 12:17 PM
Starkville is the worst town in the SEC. Which one of you pissed in his Fruit Loops in times past because he goes out of his way to diss MSU. Is he a closet Rebel?

Covered Kentucky for many years in Louisville while we were pissing in their cheerios in basketball...

Original48
08-05-2013, 12:23 PM
"According to Pat Dick Face Forde.."

I first read that as "Dick Pace" and am now pissed off for a whole 'nother reason. Thanks for the inadvertent reminder..

Sandman14
08-05-2013, 12:35 PM
I struggle on the days my Mommy doesnt brush my hair

BulldogDX55
08-05-2013, 12:42 PM
don't forget, guys, it's not a fact that Oxford is a better city than Starkvile. it's pure opinion. except it is the opinion shared by every single person in the world except Starkvillians and MSU fans...hmmm....

the MSU inferiority complex....don't be a victim...acknowledge reality and embrace your strengths...don't sound foolish by arguing points that are clearly wrong.

It's not so much that Oxford is better- it's been developing as a college town forever while up until a few years ago the Starkville sign read "Starkville: Certified Retirement Community"- it's just that Pat Forde really takes every opportunity that he can to crap all over Starkville as if it has absolutely no upsides to it. Dude is a douche, pure and simple.

dawgoneyall
08-05-2013, 01:23 PM
Been to both. Oxford isn't that great.

maroonmania
08-05-2013, 01:32 PM
To be quite honest, its been so long since I've been to Oxford that I can't say much relative to a Starkville-Oxford comparison but I can say that while Starkville still certainly has a ways to go, its light years better than it was 20-30 years ago.

Sandman14
08-05-2013, 01:41 PM
but I can say that while Starkville still certainly has a ways to go, its light years better than it was 20-30 years ago.

this is true.

Dawg61
08-05-2013, 01:44 PM
This edit by C34 is hilarious

RougeDawg
08-05-2013, 01:44 PM
Last month about the two cities. I simply stated that both towns, universities removed would be same and probably Starkville being more prominent based on proximity to industrial jobs.

The difference in the two towns has been molded by the alumni and the personalities of the alum. You have one fan base who, for years, has been worried about social status and making sure their friends don't out do them. Hence people taking out 3rd mortgages just to buy a condo, house etc in Oxford, to make sure they're elitest status isn't compromised. When you have decades of attempts at one upping your fellow fans you get Oxford, a town that's clearly had more $ pumped in over the last 40-50 years. On field performance has not been that much different between the two universities with both school being irrelevant for a while, and MSU actually being more relevant in recent SEC play.

As opposed to State alumni. The drive up Saturday morning and home after the game crowd. Not worried about buying a bigger house or condo than their neighbors in meridian. They are satisfied with just attending game. Not worried about status or how others view them.

One fan base and University is all about economical status, while the other could care less.

Sandman14
08-05-2013, 01:48 PM
told you fellas...self awareness...just be aware...inferiority complex...folks can smell it a mile away. now go back to patting each others' backs.

Django_DB
08-05-2013, 01:54 PM
Cry somewhere else bitch boy. This is a MSU board

Django_DB
08-05-2013, 01:57 PM
Why does all these ole miss fans want to be on MSU boards? Shit makes no sense. That's an inferiority complex

Bothrops
08-05-2013, 01:59 PM
You nailed it, Rouge. That is unequivocally the truth and nothing but the truth. I'm not sure that people on the outside, (as in media) get the full picture.

FlabLoser
08-05-2013, 02:05 PM
Steeeeriiiiiiike!

fishwater99
08-05-2013, 03:01 PM
Last month about the two cities. I simply stated that both towns, universities removed would be same and probably Starkville being more prominent based on proximity to industrial jobs.

The difference in the two towns has been molded by the alumni and the personalities of the alum. You have one fan base who, for years, has been worried about social status and making sure their friends don't out do them. Hence people taking out 3rd mortgages just to buy a condo, house etc in Oxford, to make sure they're elitest status isn't compromised. When you have decades of attempts at one upping your fellow fans you get Oxford, a town that's clearly had more $ pumped in over the last 40-50 years. On field performance has not been that much different between the two universities with both school being irrelevant for a while, and MSU actually being more relevant in recent SEC play.

As opposed to State alumni. The drive up Saturday morning and home after the game crowd. Not worried about buying a bigger house or condo than their neighbors in meridian. They are satisfied with just attending game. Not worried about status or how others view them.

One fan base and University is all about economical status, while the other could care less.

You hit the nail on the head...
But Oxford is a better place to live(better schools) and to go out on the town(especially is you are a former player or recruit).
I am married to a rebel and my brother-in-law lives there. I always am forced to attend one game a year up there, and always have a good time on the square especially when they lose the game. Most of the bars and restaurants are all within walking distance from each other, and you have to admit that it's a nice setup... Starkville has made some major strides, but is still behind the Bears when it comes to having a good time on the town...

bocfarm
08-05-2013, 03:06 PM
You hit the nail on the head...
But Oxford is a better place to live(better schools) and to go out on the town(especially is you are a former player or recruit).
I am married to a rebel and my brother-in-law lives there. I always am forced to attend one game a year up there, and always have a good time on the square especially when they lose the game. Most of the bars and restaurants are all within walking distance from each other, and you have to admit that it's a nice setup... Starkville has made some major strides, but is still behind the Bears when it comes to having a good time on the town...

Completely agree

FlabLoser
08-05-2013, 03:12 PM
University Drive is a good starter kit. It just needs a little more. It also needs some slack in terms of ordinances and such. Barricade the street as much of it as possible on weekend nights to make a pedestrian party zone where open containers are legal. It could be our own little Beale Street.

bocfarm
08-05-2013, 03:35 PM
I agree Flab, its come light yrs from when I was there -95-99 but could be much better.

I love Starkville as a college town but Oxford (outside of the people) has more to offer, food, culture, ect. From a tailgating perspective I think we are very much underated and OM is vastly overated imo

messageboardsuperhero
08-05-2013, 03:40 PM
Most people who constantly knocked Starkville probably haven't been there in the past 10 years. It's not just a cow pasture with a college campus anymore. We've still got work to do, but it's really not a miserably boring town anymore.

messageboardsuperhero
08-05-2013, 03:54 PM
I agree Flab, its come light yrs from when I was there -95-99 but could be much better.

I love Starkville as a college town but Oxford (outside of the people) has more to offer, food, culture, ect. From a tailgating perspective I think we are very much underated and OM is vastly overated imo

I would agree with pretty much everything here that you said. Nobody can deny that Oxford does have more late-night entertainment stuff, but a lot of things about Oxford (food in particular) gets pumped up because it's all centrally located on the Square. Starkville has a lot of good places to go eat/hang out, but it's more spread out around town and doesn't have as good of a set-up as Oxford. In all fairness though, Oxford got started on this a LONG time before we did, so they do have a head start. Not to mention that the people in Starkville don't have to kiss eachother's assess trying to be cool, so that makes it more fun too. All in all, everyone I've talked to who has visited Starkville recently recognizes that significant strides have been made, and it's far from the laughing stock of the SEC now.

And yes, having been tailgating at both recently (I went to both places last year), there's not a big difference at all in gameday tailgating environment. The Grove gets more hype because it has been around so long, but State has pretty damn good tailgating too. Honestly, I think Alabama has the best, but that's beside the point.

Coach34
08-05-2013, 04:41 PM
Oxford is Grenada without the lake

Drugdog
08-05-2013, 05:14 PM
2 things to remember :
1. Do not read anything from Bleacher Report.
2. Do not read anything from Pat Forde.
This will keep you from getting pissed off.

TopconDog
08-05-2013, 05:29 PM
I live in rural Attala County,my kids think Starkville is mecca and that's good enough for me.

Drugdog
08-05-2013, 05:32 PM
Topcon,
I agree with you and your kids. Mine think Anything MSU related is cool.

Esmerelda Villalobos
08-05-2013, 05:45 PM
Theyre both dumps. One has better restaurants and one has bars you can get drunk in for 10 bucks and go home with a chick. One has assholes and one has mossy oak. Debatable on which is worse.

Ronny
08-05-2013, 08:14 PM
..putting down of America cities is one of the stupidest internet phenomenon I've come across.

Example: Almost every dickwad that posts on sixpack hates Jackson, MS.

I put Forde in that category of self-aggrandizing dickwads who hate on some random city in America just so they can, like an immature child, agitate the citizens of that city.

Don't let the shithead Forde get to you. Because if you live in Starkville or like Starkville, that's his only motive. To agitate you.

**** him.

War Machine Dawg
08-05-2013, 08:25 PM
Theyre both dumps. One has better restaurants and one has bars you can get drunk in for 10 bucks and go home with a chick. One has assholes and one has mossy oak. Debatable on which is worse.

I have yet to figure out what you bring to this board. Easily one of the worst posters here. Hell, RONNY is a better poster. You should be ashamed.

FlabLoser
08-05-2013, 08:34 PM
Enough with the pissing contest.

Ronny
08-05-2013, 08:39 PM
I have yet to figure out what you bring to this board. Easily one of the worst posters here. Hell, RONNY is a better poster. You should be ashamed.

...give a shit what you think of me as a poster.

I stay within the EliteDawg board rules & offer an opinion. (Sometimes a strong opinion).

If coach34 thinks I'm going too far, he'll let me know. (Or either ban me outright. It's his board. He can do what he wants).

If you don't like it, return to sixpack & stay there.

Because there is no long any Ronny on sixpack to sully that bastion of elevated intellectual discourse.

Coach34
08-05-2013, 08:44 PM
You keep on rolling Ronny

FlabLoser
08-05-2013, 08:56 PM
I think the point is neither Oxford or Starkville is Austin, Nashville, Athens, Gainsville, etc. Kinda hard to be any of those without 50,000 students and an even larger citizenry surrounding it.

Oxfordawg
08-05-2013, 09:31 PM
Biggest difference I see is Starkville can't match the masses that have attended a rehab facility

War Machine Dawg
08-05-2013, 11:05 PM
Actually, Ronny, I'll give you some credit: You've been a pretty damn good poster over here. You've made some valid points and had some hilarious Bear bashing moments. It's more me calling out Ennis and his arrogant hatred of all things Southern culture.

Behrdawg
08-05-2013, 11:13 PM

Doesnt he have a hot daughter? Maybe one of our players ****ed her...who knows?

It_Could_Happen
08-06-2013, 12:35 AM
...give a shit what you think of me as a poster.

I stay within the EliteDawg board rules & offer an opinion. (Sometimes a strong opinion).

If coach34 thinks I'm going too far, he'll let me know. (Or either ban me outright. It's his board. He can do what he wants).

If you don't like it, return to sixpack & stay there.

Because there is no long any Ronny on sixpack to sully that bastion of elevated intellectual discourse.

Little Johnny football reference. You mad bro?

Maroonthirteen
08-06-2013, 06:10 AM
It might be that Starkville is difficult to travel in to and that irritates some media? These guys probably fly into a large city and drive in. That is plane flight plus 2-3 hour drive. It is a bitch.

As for Oxford vs Starkville. The difference is, Oxford has had Memphis/Desoto County to support everything associated with football weekends. We don't have a large area within that close proximity to attract people who aren't necessarily fans. We don't have the media of a large city blowing wind up our skirt.

Starkville really needs a economic boom in the GTR.