PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread: 'Twas the Week Before Christmas

BeastMan
12-18-2015, 02:38 PM
Work has been insane so no telling what's on the agenda outside of a Christmas party Saturday night.

Treemydawg
12-18-2015, 07:04 PM
Just put some ribeyes on the grill. Can't figure out how to send pics but they look amazing.

BeastMan
12-18-2015, 11:08 PM
Just put some ribeyes on the grill. Can't figure out how to send pics but they look amazing.

Sounds great. Best cut of steak imo

BeastMan
12-18-2015, 11:09 PM
Crazy work day so I decided tonight was time to start Boardwalk Empire. Blanton's on ice

BeastMan
12-19-2015, 02:49 PM
http://youtu.be/hT1l7J9X5XA

BrunswickDawg
12-19-2015, 03:20 PM
Too much to do coming into Christmas - so much travel the past few weeks with playoff football and absolutely zero shopping done - so tonight an easy favorite. It's called "One pot pasta" - angel hair cooked down with fresh basil, halved cherry tomatoes, a cup of Parmesan and Romano, and thin sliced andouille. Dang good and super quick and easy.

BeardoMSU
12-19-2015, 11:40 PM
Tonight I made beef bourguignon. I used ground brisket, half a bottle of Cotes du Rhone (I drank the other half, lol), jarred tomatoes from this summer's garden, a huge amount of mirepoix, and scratch made tagliatelle pasta. Deeeelish.

Oh, and btw, I've got this great "system" for cooking the garlic....*****

http://media.topito.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/07gangsters-2-1369067161.gif

BeastMan
12-20-2015, 12:18 AM
Love that goodfellas reference Beardo. I followed the goodfellas trial closely that happened recently. Went to a Christmas party at a friends house and it was a blast. New Belgium lmperial iPa nightcap. Contemplating a crown CR neat

BeardoMSU
12-20-2015, 12:39 AM
Love that goodfellas reference Beardo. I followed the goodfellas trial closely that happened recently. Went to a Christmas party at a friends house and it was a blast. New Belgium lmperial iPa nightcap. Contemplating a crown CR neat

I did too, Beast.

Btw, did you catch the 30 for 30 that featured Henry Hill and the BC b-ball team? It was basically about the "you hear about the points we're shaving up in Boston" that Mo was talking about right before he caught an ice-pick to the brain.

I love that movie; easily one of my favorite all time.

And I'm having a night cap of bourbon. I decided to try the Booker's unfiltered. It is stouuuuut. 64%. Very rich though. I'm liking it.

BeastMan
12-20-2015, 06:13 PM
I've been meaning to catch that 30 for 30. For all the murders and Lufthansa, it's crazy that that is what got Jimmy Burke put away

SpeckleDawg
12-20-2015, 09:52 PM
Trapani's in BSL last night - best damn fish tacos I've ever had.

Bacon/jalape?o/onion cheeseburgers on the grill tonight with woodford on the side.